Trys Asgon removal from The Ancients

DeletedUser504

and what do you want acu starting a war against me because i helped trys?

I haven't the slightest idea who you are in-game, but really?

C'mon, man, even the newest player quickly learns the Refugee Syndrome. Don't hate on Acu just because The Ancients have decided to make war on someone who deliberately aided their stated enemy.

And Trys? Dude, I don't know you very well. By that I mean I have no reason to think either good or bad about you -- I only heard what everyone else heard. I personally cannot blame you in the slightest for turning on Petrika Grosi, because, well, anyone with sense ran a mile from that loonie, but, if there's a suspicion that you were hindering The Ancients through your friendship with other players in our rival alliances, either way that's not cool.

Look, I get it. I've had it said about me that I'm secretly spying on The Ancients on behalf of Helghast, and that I'm planning to switch back to them armed with intelligence about... well, I don't know how that idea makes sense on any level, but either way it's a claim which has been made. Personally my way of dealing with it is brushing it off and making sure no-one has any doubt as to where my loyalties lay. So if it's just your pride and sense of honour that you feel has been unfairly impugned, then okay. I can appreciate that, and I'm sure many others could too, but there was only ever one positive way of handling it, and from all accounts, even by your own admission, you spurned it.

You could have attacked naz- and Zlutan, and proven your loyalty to The Ancients, and if they're really your friends? They'd understand. Because it's a game. For whatever reason, you didn't, and you have to appreciate how suspicious that ultimately looks to your team-mates. They need to know they can count on you, even against someone you're friends with, if you happen to be in a rival/enemy alliance.

And, despite your stated desire to end this thread, you're carrying it on yourself as much as anyone else. Let it go. Even if it really is the case that you were unfairly considered shady (which I will note is still up for grabs), what is any of this going to achieve? What do you hope to get? Badmouthing Sheridan isn't really making you look any better, and if there really is a beef between y'all, then that's between y'all. No-one's going to quit The Ancients over this, and if Zlutan and/or anyone else thinks it will serve as some rallying cry to the rest of the world's alliances to unite against the big, bad, evil Sheridan and his Ancients....

... well, I think they're in for a disappointment.

Again, I don't know you very well. I've never had any kind of personal problem with you, and I respect your playing ability. But as one player to another: End This. It's just a game, and while the social scene here may have some relevance to the gameplay, ultimately it's just a bunch of people on the internet that you build virtual armies with. Can you make some true, heartfelt friends on it? Of course you can. But is it (or your name within it) worth spending hours and days stressing about it, losing sleep over it, and keeping talking about it for pages and pages on a forum?

I sincerely suggest to you that it's not.

End this, dude. Just stop posting on this thread, and it'll die of its own accord. Then you, and everyone else, can just move on.

Just my two cents' worth, but, this train wreck of a topic stopped being interesting a while back, and now the only thing keeping it going is sore feelings. Those feelings aren't worth dwelling upon, dude.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

One rep from me, Lodatz.

And i hope we can finish this story. Sheridan achieved his goal, im moving to north west, and we will finish this war. ( Sheridan, and me, but the ancient will have very difficult days).

DeletedUser

i Don't hate acu it should be sheri

acu and me were the founders of Fair Play so why should i hate him?

DeletedUser

Yes, I haven't got any problem with Acupuncture, but Sheridan manipulates him, and he is paranoid.

DeletedUser39

"Sheridan this, Sheridan that" - I keep seeing posts like these, and I'm quite sure we're all well-known with it now, we know the general opinion you people have of him - you won't have to keep telling us with several posts.

Secondly, I'm not being manipulated. Acting out of free will after being convinced of something with irrefutable evidence (and, stacking on top that, even more contradictive actions from both you and Viva/Spanish) is quite different from being manipulated into doing something you're not actually supportive off.

As for my third point; why aren't you - not even in the slightest - trying to deny the statements he made? We have 9 pages of topic here, not once did I see you post that the picture provided in the main post is 'not what it looks like', or why you even forged a post (in order to conquer a city) in the first place; which is one of the reasons Sheridan stated for kicking you.

Fourth; You claim you first were friends with Zlutan/ciu/Spanish, then all of a sudden you weren't anymore, 4 days before you were attacked you suddenly started being friends again, and on 'judgement day' you are "BFF's" once more? If you think you're dealing with 10 year olds that will buy that story, I'm sorry to burst your bubble; you aren't. We're actually cognitive human beings - yes, they exist, even on the internet.

Fifth, you keep saying 'I was helping this, I was helping that' - sure, you were helping on the easy conquests, or those that didn't matter too much. But when it came to actually attacking our prime targets (Zlutan, ciu, naz- (no offense to the three of you, really)), you either got some stupid excuse why you should, or just didn't participate in the first place - yet you claim to be no friend of theirs for that time being.

Sixth, you claim Sheridan is trying to make us feel bad, and is trying to play us on the 'emotional part' - I'm sorry to say, but you are the one that is involving real life into a game. I've seen this before on different online games, people started involving their personal life into the game, and all of a sudden we had to make them win the server because that would be a nice 'tribute' to that person, because something in real life happened to him. I'm sorry to say, but you should keep those two divided. If you're playing here for various reasons, that's fine, but don't try to involve others in it, or make them feel 'bad' for you - I'm sure there are numerous players here that have enough going on in real life; is that an excuse to not be conquered? I think not.

Last but not least, you in-game profile. It's contradictive. I city, as your profile says;

On the 14th of September, Sheridan figured out I'm a betrayer, and a spy. I was the most successful player on Alpha, but he wanted to achieve rank 1, and he asked our own alliance to attack me. He destroyed my playing with ONE lie.

Now, lets use an online dictionary

figure out, phrasal verb
informal
Definition
to finally understand something or someone, or find the solution to a problem after a lot of thought

lie, noun
Definition
something that you say which you know is not true

So, you're telling us that first, he found out you were in fact betraying and spying, and then all of a sudden it became untrue? I'm not sure wether your English comprehension didn't come that far, or that you're simply stating something contradictive.

Care to explain the points stated above? I'd love you to.:\

DeletedUser

This is nothing but mud slinging that should have been kept in private instead of a thread. Who cares? This kind of thing happens, is it a little under-handed? Yes. Is it worth making a thread in which nothing happens except a bunch of finger pointing? No.

But those are just my two cents on this pointless argument.

DeletedUser39

This is nothing but mud slinging that should have been kept in private instead of a thread. Who cares? This kind of thing happens, is it a little under-handed? Yes. Is it worth making a thread in which nothing happens except a bunch of finger pointing? No.

But those are just my two cents on this pointless argument.

The reason this thread was created was to prevent this from going down in the Top 12 alliances topic - it already started there, and Sheridan decided to make this thread - and perhaps have it closed, than to have it go on in the Top 12 alliances topic, and having that closed.

Sure, it might be mud slinging in some people's eyes, but those that are more involved would, preferably, like to get to the bottom of this. I'm merely asking for clarification, as that's the one thing I haven't seen in those 9 pages thus far.

DeletedUser

One rep from me, Lodatz.

And i hope we can finish this story. Sheridan achieved his goal, im moving to north west, and we will finish this war. ( Sheridan, and me, but the ancient will have very difficult days).
I didn't want this comment to slip by-What war exactly? If it's VS. you then it's just a small member being conquered. If it's TA VS. Da Lions and Helghast then it's not really a war cause they aren't fighting back lol

DeletedUser

Yes, Acupuncture, I know, my englsh isn't the best, because I learn english about 5 years, but I learn it more seriously about 1 year.

And to finish this story, and close this thread, I will move to Ocean 44, and we will play in peace.

DeletedUser

Just because someone mentioned Petrika's name...who by the way is falling apart in Beta as well (just lost 3 cities to my coalition in the past 24 hours).

It is well known that Petrika is a loon. However, I think a lot of this drama is not necessarily the product of the nature of this game, but rather the product of the nature of the people playing it.

Weak leaders, and weak alliances use spies to survive against stronger alliances. Strong leaders and strong alliances use colony ships and troops to win. This is virtually an immutable law. Spies are used because they convey an advantage that cannot be countered by simply getting your attacks timed better, or building your wall higher. The spy game basically takes out the actual game from it's context and turns the game itself into a contest of characters and egos, and drama.

It is an equality issue. I think a Roman or Greek once said that "Spies and poisons are the tools of women." (no offense ladies, its just a chauvinists way of saying that women were viewed as the weaker sex)

What isn't readily understood by either those who employ spies or the spies themselves, is that those who would spy - or stoop to using them in this game - sacrifice the only characteristic which would otherwise lend them a modicum of respect in a virtual on-line community; their integrity.

Once you lose that quality about yourself, you simply will never be respected again - by anyone - friend or foe.

That's really the lesson here. Spying is for suckers and players who have no respect for themselves and lack the integrity to win through actual battle. It happens on all worlds, and on European and US servers alike. People have this idea in their head that spying is some kind of cool or neat thing.

but the lesson of Petrika Grossi, and Trys Asgon teaches, spies may give your ego a massaging today, but tomorrow they will leave you feeling abandoned and alone. Spies within other alliances may give you the illusion of power today - the illusion of strength over others, but this illusion is temporary and hollow because once the spy is removed, then the true state of weakness is exposed. The paper tiger is revealed as toothless and feckless. Spies are one of the worst forms of betrayers, and the lowest levels of Hades realm are reserved for them.

/internet-psychoanalysis

DeletedUser

And why do you think I'm a spy? Because Sheridan feigned it?

And its not Beta, and it's not about Petrika.

I'm not a spy, and I hate them. It was Sheridan's decision to kicked me out, I don't care, its better me to play here.

DeletedUser

I think deusfurore hit on a key point. Whether it be through espionage or deception, if you loose the respect and trust of your fellow players you are sure to fail in a game like this. Only by forging strong relationships based on honesty and respect can a player ever expect to survive let alone be successful. The underlying issue here is the lost of trust that Trys suffered while a member of TA. The validity of the evidence isn't really the main issue. The main issue is that Trys has lost his credibility. Nothing he says can win back the trust and respect of the people he offended. One can argue as to whether the punishment fits the crime, but I don't think anyone can deny that Trys is responsible for the broken relationships that have lead to this war of words here on the forum and the military war in the game.

DeletedUser

Yes, I made a mistake, when I wanted to take an internal city. I admit.But I offered that player another city, and he said okay. And thats all. Sheridan didn't know the full stories, only he wanted to get rid of me. I helped to our members, and yes, usually they were small cities, BUT WITH BAD MORAL. They asked me to help, and I helped.

you either got some stupid excuse why you should

Stupid excuses? Please tell me only one excuse. and I think you didn't help more times than me.

And I kindly ask that players/members, who don't know me, DO NOT POST HERE,because they don't know the situation, and I'm not interested in their reasoning.

From my side, this discussion is closed. Think what you want, if you have problems/questions with/about me, feel free to contact me.

Have a nice day, and happy conqering.

DeletedUser

And why do you think I'm a spy? Because Sheridan feigned it?

And its not Beta, and it's not about Petrika.

I

Why, or if I think you are a spy Trys is immaterial. Perception is reality. It is perceived that you are a spy, therefore the damage has already been done, and the fact that you have associations with even less credible people mean that no one here can come speak on your behalf.

For example, If someone in my current alliance claimed I was a spy, and created a thread much like this one, I could instantly have 50 people come and post in my defense saying that I could never be a spy simply because I have way too much integrity to do something like that. That is respect I have earned through my actions that cannot be discounted.

Secondly, yes, this is not the beta forums, but remember that this thread was started by addressing the fact that while you were on beta, again you had your credibility as a trustworthy player questioned. So yes, this does have something to do with Beta and Petrika because we are talking about you as a player and your actions, which carry over every where you go and touch all the interactions with other players you have had.

Personally, it doesn't matter if you did join my alliance to spy on us for Petrika. I couldn't care less if you did or didn't. Point is, the perception is that you did.

Why? What have you done that people for whatever reason see you as unworthy of trust? That's a question only you can answer, and you won't find the answer in this thread. Once you find that answer you'll understand why this thread exists.

DeletedUser

I think deusfurore hit on a key point. Whether it be through espionage or deception, if you loose the respect and trust of your fellow players you are sure to fail in a game like this. Only by forging strong relationships based on honesty and respect can a player ever expect to survive let alone be successful. The underlying issue here is the lost of trust that Trys suffered while a member of TA. The validity of the evidence isn't really the main issue. The main issue is that Trys has lost his credibility. Nothing he says can win back the trust and respect of the people he offended. One can argue as to whether the punishment fits the crime, but I don't think anyone can deny that Trys is responsible for the broken relationships that have lead to this war of words here on the forum and the military war in the game.

Exactly. +1.

DeletedUser

If you read this thread, you can see many members, who defended me.

And do not talk about Petrika, because she is stupid, and she doesn'tknow what she says.

And sorry, but you dont know me, and you don't know my playing. Please finish posting here.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

If you read this thread, you can see many members, who defended me.

And sorry, but you dont know me, and you don't know my playing. Please finish posting here.

Oh i see. This whole thread was created to shower you with praise for being a trustworthy and upstanding player. My mistake.

And no, I think I'll stick around. This thread is far more active and entertaining than the Beta forums atm. And as long as I am on topic, and the topic last time I checked is all about you - being a spy - then I can post I please. Granted, you probably don't care much for that at this moment, but that's none of my concern.

DeletedUser

Thank you. :/

So we finished this discussion, so wecan close this thread.

DeletedUser

...........And as long as I am on topic, and the topic last time I checked is all about you - being a spy - then I can post I please.
I don't think you could be more wrong about your assessment about what this topic is about. This topic is about why Trys was kicked out of TA, and there was/is no hard evidence that he is a spy. Anyone who says he is a spy is stating their opinion, and not fact. I personally don't think he is a spy.

The real reason Trys was kicked can be found here:

Yes, I made a mistake, when I wanted to take an internal city. I admit.But I offered that player another city, and he said okay. And thats all. Sheridan didn't know the full stories, only he wanted to get rid of me. I helped to our members, and yes, usually they were small cities, BUT WITH BAD MORAL. They asked me to help, and I helped.
As the highest ranked player in TA before he was kicked, Trys should have been involved in pretty much every attack they made against larger enemies such as Zlutan. The fact that Trys wouldn't attack his friend gives the impression that he is not a team player, and actually helped out TA's enemies. This happened a few times, and is reason enough to kick him out.

It looks even worse when looked at with the incident involving taking a city he shouldn't have, and what happened afterwards when explaining why he took it.

Both of these things don't not make him a spy though.

There is no reason for anyone to be mean to, or call Trys names about what happened. It's a game, and all of us should have fun playing it. He made some mistakes, admitted it here, and is paying the price for it right now. I fully expect that eventually he will be up near the top of the rankings again.