Trys Asgon removal from The Ancients

DeletedUser

I don't think you could be more wrong about your assessment about what this topic is about. This topic is about why Trys was kicked out of TA, and there was/is no hard evidence that he is a spy. Anyone who says he is a spy is stating their opinion, and not fact. I personally don't think he is a spy.

Have they stopped teaching critical thinking at my Alma Mater? Damn Shame...

I never once stated whether I though Trys was or wasn't a spy and point of fact, I don't fundamentally care one way or the other. But, what is the predominant theme of this 10 page thread is the calling into question of someones integrity. Trys had his integrity questioned and him being kicked was the result. That was the entire thrust of my initial post, and therefore was highly on topic since the entire thread is/was about why he was kicked and the reasons of the people that did the kicking. Granted the particular sentence you referenced was a bit hyperbolic, but it doesn't change the tenor of the rest of my posts when taken in context.

In other news,
Go Tarheels.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

duesfurore, I actually agreed with your first post, and your analysis of the situation. What I didn't agree with was you calling him a spy.

I'm getting tired of reading about Trys being a spy, and you mentioned that that was the topic of this thread in your post. Sheridan never wanted this thread to turn into calling Trys a spy, since there is no evidence he was a spy. If there was evidence we would have seen it by now. Besides, if Sheridan wanted to call Trys a spy he would have done it and not hinted at it.

I understand you were trying to imply that Trys' integrity was being questioned, but please choose better words next time. Saying someone is a spy is much different than saying they weren't a good team player.

Trys is a good player, and has plenty of time and support to get back up to the top. He won't make the same mistakes again, and i expect him to be attacking everyone he can in the future big or small.

This thread should stay focused on discussing the two main reasons that Sheridan outlined for why Trys was kicked from TA, not focus on what those reasons may imply.

Go Heels!

DeletedUser747

So I guess I can understand booting him from the alliance, and ok I see taking some cities too, but last time I checked he was down to about 4 cities after starting with what 16. This is going from a punishment to down right bullying the kid. And I dont wanna hear the well he could become a force against us because there is 1 of him and 70 of u. Have you no shame? I realize this is a game, but games are supposed to be fun and challenging, what could be fun or challenging about this now, cuz i can guarantee hes not having any fun

DeletedUser

Many truly skilled players I know would be busy laughing and sniping if they were in his place.

As for being a threat, having as many city slots as he does, and the willingness to use gold, if we don't rim him, he'll have a grudge, and he'll want to use the slots he has to take TA cities in coordination with our enemies. It will cause pains that can be avoided. It's the way of the game my friend, I don't think anyone who's conquered has a whole lot of fun, but there are winners and losers, that can't be helped.

DeletedUser747

Its true hed have a grudge, thats obvious, yet you guys have over 500 cities, i dont see how even one player could make any kind of difference with any other alliance when as you posted on the thread above the next closest has less than half that. Its not whether you win or lose, but how you play, I know personally id rather give an alternative than before just taking someones entire game from them. Granted im fairly new at this game so i dont know whether you can just restart on the server after being conquered or not.

DeletedUser747

ok thank you for that info. Still kinda being rough on the guy, guess im a bit of a softy though being a parent, id hate to see my kid get bullied around like this

DeletedUser

ok thank you for that info. Still kinda being rough on the guy, guess im a bit of a softy though being a parent, id hate to see my kid get bullied around like this
It's not like every single person in TA is attacking Trys, and he has no support helping him with the attacks against him. Trys is a good player, and has the support of some other good players.

Also, I don't think the being bullied is best way to describe what is happening to Trys. It is more like a punishment. People can argue about whether or not it is too severe of a punishment, but that is what it is. This is a war game, and conquering cities is part of it. With that also comes having your cities conquered. It goes both ways.

DeletedUser747

Who are you, who is sheridan, who am I to punish someone in a game? We are not their father. You punish someone for trying to take 1 city so you take 10 of his? And from the sound of it really aren't done yet. When someone has to go on vacation mode just to get away from people harassing them its gone a little beyond punishment. I don't know him or you guys or anyone really on a personal level so I really have no stake in what happens to him but I feel this could use a little out of the box perception rather than internal from his side and yours because we all know neither will give whole truths but only what benefits them.

DeletedUser39

Who are you, who is sheridan, who am I to punish someone in a game? We are not their father. You punish someone for trying to take 1 city so you take 10 of his? And from the sound of it really aren't done yet. When someone has to go on vacation mode just to get away from people harassing them its gone a little beyond punishment. I don't know him or you guys or anyone really on a personal level so I really have no stake in what happens to him but I feel this could use a little out of the box perception rather than internal from his side and yours because we all know neither will give whole truths but only what benefits them.

Lets keep this straight now, shall we? We are not conquering him to see him 'suffer' or because we 'enjoy' it; we are doing it as both a punishment and prevention. In Grepolis, you don't punish someone by taking one city; If someone has 30 cities and you conquer 1 to 'punish' him, what do you think he will be doing with his 29 other cities? Sit back, sob and cry out loud he lost 1? No. He will dedicate those cities to attack you, killing your troops and conquering your cities.

Secondly, if you conquer all cities from one player, he/she loses all cultural levels; setting him back to cultural level 1 - and thus preventing him/her from gaining a large ammount of cities in a short time: technically speaking, Trys could be back up to 16 cities within a week or two, and then it'd be a larger threat than to have him back at 0.

And you're making it look worse than it is; you're making it look as if Trys is there, all by himself, without anyone supporting him, and all mean 67 The Ancients members are ganking his cities 24/7. It's far from reality. Not even half the alliance is acitvely busy with attacking Trys anymore, and he's getting support from both To Die For Viva and Spanish Kamikaze. On top of that, he 'accidentally' activated V-mode, which is a tactic which a lot of players - including me - are not holding in high regard. It's postponing a battle for own benefit.

And, who I am? Someone that felt remorseful at first for attacking someone that he thought was honest, but sees the reality of the situation quite clearly now.

DeletedUser747

I believe you all are quite paranoid if you believe one person can be a threat, seeing as how you all seem to be just fine with about 3-400 people at war with you now. As I said though, I want to give an outside perception on what is happening, as if someone new would come into this game, see how 60 of the top 150 or so players treat people in this game, and maybe make people for or against him take a step back and look at whats going on. I am fairly new to this, about 3 months, but I think if i was newer and saw this going on (assuming i had any idea what anything meant at this point lol) Id definitely perceive you guys as bullies who just wanna play on easy mode. Its not a game anymore if only 1 person/team can win, I actually got into an argument with this in my fantasy football league with people and their collusion to make one team unbeatable by broken trades. Its all about image, I like to be respected and i give out the respect Id want, i definitely respect you guys on how well you are doing overall in game, its impressive, but i cannot respect this. Sorry to offend or anger anyone.

DeletedUser

If you think this stuff with Trys is only about taking a single city he shouldn't have, then you should go back and reread this entire thread because you are flat out wrong since there was much more to it.

Alliances in games are a type of family, and it is therefore the alliance's role to punish someone in a game for misbehaving according to the rules they have setup. If you really think people and alliances have no right to punish people in a game, then you should go ahead and leave Helghast because they have punished people in their alliance for what they considered bad behavior. Punishment for misbehavior has and will always be a part of games involving alliances, and that isn't change.

I personally think that the punishment being dealt to Trys is too harsh, but what other options were there? If our leadership didn't think Trys was being a good team player, then that by itself is grounds for getting kicked from TA. All of us in TA know what is expected of us when we joined, and we agreed to it. Trys is a good player who had a lot of cities near other TA members from which he could launch attacks from. Trys also was friends with Zlutan and naz-, so that means he would join one of their alliances which TA was at war with. It logically makes no sense to let him keep those cities, since once he was booted he would join an enemies alliance.

In the end Trys will come out of this fine, and has at least 18 months to build up again with the help of his new alliance. He'll grow, get back up near the top again, and will eventually be attacking TA with the help of his buddies.

DeletedUser

You are right UNC,

Yes, I'll conquer cities to get back to the top again, but not with attacking/conqering TA. Yes, I was sad when I saw they kicked me out, but I admit, with reason. I manipulated a picture to get a city, BUT I offered another one to that player, who wanted to conquer that mentioned city.

And yes, I activated vacation mode. At the first time, yes, to don't let You to conquer my cities, but after I realised, there are thousands of supports, and I want to help a bit, because world Delta will open it's gates tomorrow, so I will deactivate it.

So I admit, I made some mistakes, but I WON'T DO THEM AGAIN, I learned from my mistakes, and I think we can finish this discussion.

Have a nice day everbody.

DeletedUser

I believe you all are quite paranoid if you believe one person can be a threat, seeing as how you all seem to be just fine with about 3-400 people at war with you now.
One person absolutely can be a threat, especially if they are in a good location and supported by other good players. I don't understand how being fine with having 3-400 people at war with us means that one person can't be a threat to us. This is a war game, the fastest way to expand other than using gold is to be fighting with people. This isn't Sim City.

...As I said though, I want to give an outside perception on what is happening, as if someone new would come into this game, see how 60 of the top 150 or so players treat people in this game, and maybe make people for or against him take a step back and look at whats going on. I am fairly new to this, about 3 months, but I think if i was newer and saw this going on (assuming i had any idea what anything meant at this point lol) Id definitely perceive you guys as bullies who just wanna play on easy mode.
If you think taking on Trys and the people backing him is us playing on easy mode you are mistaken. If it is so easy for us to take out one person even if they had help Trys would have no cities left.

Its not a game anymore if only 1 person/team can win, I actually got into an argument with this in my fantasy football league with people and their collusion to make one team unbeatable by broken trades. Its all about image, I like to be respected and i give out the respect Id want, i definitely respect you guys on how well you are doing overall in game, its impressive, but i cannot respect this. Sorry to offend or anger anyone.
TA is far from being the only team that can still win this game. Like I said before we have 18 months left before the world wonders can even begin to be built. A lot can happen in 18 months.

DeletedUser

You are right UNC,

Yes, I'll conquer cities to get back to the top again, but not with attacking/conqering TA. Yes, I was sad when I saw they kicked me out, but I admit, with reason. I manipulated a picture to get a city, BUT I offered another one to that player, who wanted to conquer that mentioned city.

And yes, I activated vacation mode. At the first time, yes, to don't let You to conquer my cities, but after I realised, there are thousands of supports, and I want to help a bit, because world Delta will open it's gates tomorrow, so I will deactivate it.

So I admit, I made some mistakes, but I WON'T DO THEM AGAIN, I learned from my mistakes, and I think we can finish this discussion.

Have a nice day everbody.
Trys, I hope you don't deactivate your account, and continue to fight here on alpha even if it meant you'd have to start over again from 1 city.

edit: Trys, I think i mistook you saying you were going to deactivate vacation mode for you deactivating you account. Sorry about that.

DeletedUser

I'll never give up.I admitted my mistakes, and I will fight for the TOP1 rank again. I have got culture points to 20 cities.

Thank you for Your advices, and opinions, if you have further problems with me, you can contact me, I'll answer You.

Good luck to You.

DeletedUser

Wow, just a few days of not reading this topic and coming back to it is overwhelming. I want to keep this VERY simple since people just chiming in have a book to read:

Are The Ancients at war with SpaNish KamiKazE? The answer to this magical question is YES!!!

What Alliance is Trys Asgon in? The answer to that fantastic question is SpaNish KamiKazE!!!

I see comments of Trys Asgon being bullied and alone and "could one person come back and be a threat", is this comment even using common sense? Umm, NO because he isn't alone and he hasn't been alone since he was kicked from the alliance. SpaNish KamiKazE and Viva have been supporting him from day one!

Are we at war with SpaNish KamiKazE and Viva? Yes!

Some of you think we are bullying a little innocent kid. Innocent is by far what he is. What this entire world and society has gotten away from is "kids respect your elders". In this game we get to experience an entire world of teenagers disrespecting and lying to adults. I'm sure adults lie in here too, we aren't all innocent. But I also was raised if your going to play with the big boys and the adults, then you better act and behave like them. In this situation, there is none of that. I don't live, OR PLAY in a world were lying to me is acceptable, because I don't lie to my members or friends. Simply lying to me may have gotten him kicked. Him conquering and stealing a city from another member and fabricating evidence, that is what got the votes for ELIMINATION.

Have a nice day everyone, seeya again in a few days when I come back on the forums.

DeletedUser370

Since Trys is trying to rebuild his image by "admitting" the one mistake which has been proven multiple times by now (so basically he couldn't refuse it anymore anyway), I'll also give you the reasons why he was kicked out (the way i see it from my experience with him) in bullet points, to make it more digestible:

* He is the most selfish player that i know in the game (ONE example was the mistake that he did with the picture, but not the only one). And i am playing for two years now...

* Lack of team spirit can endanger a whole alliance. If someone is not reliable and is one of the biggest players in an alliance, it means his "moods" have an effect on the whole success rate. I had asked him for some help when I was starting in the alliance and he was my neighbour, and didn't get any. On the contrary, he was attacking a friend of mine who was in the list of "do not attack" players and even after I sent him a personal message not to do it.

* He is a liar and a hypocrite. Blaming others for using gold to become first, whilst himself using more gold than most people in here (even if he was not admitting it in the beginning).

* He is a psycho and totally obsessed with the game. He has let it actually influence his personal well-being and reacts in ways which are not within the limits of normal behaviour.

* He has no respect for anyone and changes his mind all the time. He can reach the point of badly insulting people for no reason, if he feels they are a threat to his endeavours to become first player (don't make me copy-paste the discussions from the skype room of the alliance - the 20-30 people who have seen these scenes have been laughing when the word "paranoid" (yes, this is the correct term, neither paroic, nor paranoic) was used for Sheridan. It is very easy and simple to prove who is paranoid (and if the others give their consent I can do it).

* So, it is not about being a spy or not. Only he knows if he was a spy. Fact is, he has given plenty of reason to **** everyone off and to lose his credibility after repeatedly exhibiting lack of judgement, lack of respect, not being a team player and acting against the interests of the alliance. And I think this is even worse in certain cases, than actually being a spy. So, I for once, will make sure that he vanishes from Alpha server. That's not a threat but a natural promise to my alliance.

DeletedUser

I can only imagine what is going through his head now. We just destroyed 11 CS's in one single city. Intended to go 48 hours away to colonize islands close by to each other so he could start over and away from TA.
I can not help myself but to post this because I don't think anyone can top this. It probably breaks a Grepolis record of how many CS destroyed in a single city. This is something you will only see once in your Grepolis career most likely. All brought to you straight from the home of The Ancients! Only we can bring you such unique and rare reports. :)

TrysAsgon_zpsd5a41334.jpg

DeletedUser

This is the craziest report I have ever, or will ever see. So many things had to go right for this to happen that I can't believe it happened.