Top 12: Sink or Swim

DeletedUser14385

Definite + rep for your post Aciel but then again you flattered me too much so maybe that increased my liking of the post.

Although we in Variant are a bunch of noobs right? we dont have tiaras, so you have to be giving us to much credit. We feel the game should be fun and fulfilling and so we will keep doing that the best we can.

I do agree with you the server is pretty lax and something big will happen but honestly I think that is more because of the huge coalitions that have been formed... I mean you have 2 big coalitions of around 150+ players each.

I think the big thing that will happen will be around these coalitions because they cant last all server long can they? Unless they all want to be simmers something has to give. Especially with the close proximity of the alliances. Should be interesting.

DeletedUser14381

Although we in Variant are a bunch of noobs right? we dont have tiaras, so you have to be giving us to much credit. We feel the game should be fun and fulfilling and so we will keep doing that the best we can.

I do agree with you the server is pretty lax and something big will happen but honestly I think that is more because of the huge coalitions that have been formed... I mean you have 2 big coalitions of around 150+ players each.

I think the big thing that will happen will be around these coalitions because they cant last all server long can they? Unless they all want to be simmers something has to give. Especially with the close proximity of the alliances. Should be interesting.

Just because you don't have a tiara doesn't mean you don't know what you're doing ;) just look at me!
smiley_emoticons_lol.gif
(mostly kidding) But in all honesty I do have much respect for the 4 of you, not out of just flattery but as a grepo player who knows a good one when he sees one haha

As for the laxness of the server, I honestly wouldn't mind an all out war between the top 5 and a couple more alliances. It happened in EN40 Pella around a month after the server started and it was a hell of a lot of fun. Hopefully something happens here soon too

I think I speak for all four of us when I say that no matter what we do in the upcoming months, messing with people will always be a high priority :p

I'm glad that you all will continue messing with people, it's rather enjoyable to watch if I do say so myself
smiley_emoticons_biggrin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14385

As for the laxness of the server, I honestly wouldn't mind an all out war between the top 5 and a couple more alliances. It happened in EN40 Pella around a month after the server started and it was a hell of a lot of fun. Hopefully something happens here soon too

I would welcome that... but I am sure there are plenty who wouldnt.

DeletedUser

The real question still remains, because the group of 4, Varient, are obviously well versed players using brand spanking new accounts. The question is a two parter: Who are they? and Is AD one of them?...

DeletedUser6486

Probably not AD since he is the leader of the 3rd ranked alliance

DeletedUser5079

The real question still remains, because the group of 4, Varient, are obviously well versed players using brand spanking new accounts. The question is a two parter: Who are they? and Is AD one of them?...

This is a new account name, but I have been mainly EN my whole life.

And to be frank I am the worst of the 4. Just look at my bp ranking for goodness sake. Do you have any idea what it's like waking up everyday just to see you're not in the top ten of anything once again, while the rest of your alliance is?!?! It's heartbreaking stuff man, I tell ya.

I'm just a broke college student looking for some fun :/

DeletedUser

Somebody said it! I feel you Finn

Same.

And lol, decky66, I know. I'm just trying to bring him up again so that he may come back onto the forums and be active. He is hilarious when he posts.

Young world, anything can -- and will -- happen. But sure as the sun sets in the west, a few things can be relied upon:

1.) Scrooges will eventually implode and fragment into multiple alliances, but persist in name only;
2.) Storm Dragons will eventually disband;
3.) Variant will slowly absorb (poach?) strong players from other alliances, but will prove to be mere mercenaries by merging with the ultimate world winning alliance;
4.) The alliance that wins this world does not yet exist.

Last edited:

DeletedUser6486

Young world, anything can -- and will -- happen. But sure as the sun sets in the west, a few things can be relied upon:

1.) Scrooges will eventually implode and fragment into multiple alliances, but persist in name only;
3.) Variant will slowly absorb (poach?) strong players from other alliances, but will prove to be mere mercenaries by merging with the ultimate world winning alliance;

1 seems likely, 2 I disagree with, 3 seems to happen on every world I play on, 4 probable

DeletedUser14381

True that it's a young world and that anything can and will happen, but I'd like to hear why.

Considering number 1 I'd at least like to hear some kind of explanation as to why you think they'll implode. If you have valid reasoning I'll be happy to listen but as it appears now either Scrooges are here to stay (for a considerable amount of time) or if they do change they'll simply take their top members from their alliance, start over, and run the world again just like what happened two weeks ago.

In terms of number 2... what? Why? What could possibly make you assume that?

For 3, I agree, and as of today they're up to 6 whole members, adding in ItsADriveBy and binderjoel it looks like.

For 4, the alliance name that wins does not yet exist, but the group of players who will win are I think already working together.

DeletedUser14385

I am with Aciel on this one.

What are your reasons behind each of these assumptions. I can see truths behind many of them, but wonder why you think they will occur.

DeletedUser14385

I think I now know why he said

Its cause every alliance loves to change their names... its not just AD's group... looks like the alliance formerly known as "the Scrooges" are getting in on the name changing action.

DeletedUser9014

Losers Always Copy US will be my personal whipping boys and girls.
Watch out Losers, I'm coming for YOU!!!!!

DeletedUser14381

Hey SoulBrother, just how nice do we have to be before you give us your resources btw?

DeletedUser9014

Hey SoulBrother, just how nice do we have to be before you give us your resources btw?

Just don't attack me. I hate being attacked. Once I'm big enough, I'll help you guys crush the Losers.

What's the "AD" stand for at the beginning of your alliance name? Help me understand please.