Wars of Baris

• Thread starter DeletedUser9247
  • Start date

DeletedUser

And again people will say we have support from 2 top 5 alliances but they are fighting their own battles or have decided another course to take so most of their defense stays with them.

Actually they have been saying 3 of the top 6 but this sounds bad - as soon as TBD could need a bit of cover your pacts go missing?

We haven't been opping JG and KT are too far away to op them - yet they aren't helping?

DeletedUser12275

i_need_friends.jpg

DeletedUser

Too many people on VM and an event that gives absurd rewards. 89 Erinyes award really? People are building myth nukes overnight from 3 different alliances. Talk about giving your opponents the advantage. And again people will say we have support from 2 top 5 alliances but they are fighting their own battles or have decided another course to take so most of their defense stays with them. Only 14 more days of constant myth nukes.

Try to defend against those odds.

I seem to remember a few certain TBD players saying, "The event goes both ways, you can use the same rewards to attack back" during the lod war. Now that you're in the receiving end, does that mean the way events work changed?

DeletedUser11824

Ummm..... We DID defend against those odds.... Worse odds actually....

I don't recall 3 top 5 alliances attacking you for a 3 week long event. You guys definitely had your share of players on VM and inactives to deal with while being attacked by the #1 and #2 alliances no doubt and during an event. But you forget once KT declared war on us you (and you possible getting more defensive support from various alliances) you guys were no longer a major target by us. And OB and IF and DA started to OP Jossy so the tables turned strongly in your favor by luck or planned strategy. So don't act like you had no outside help to get you through your difficulties. Where is our saving Grace coming from? Don't know.........maybe GDI!!!!!!!!!! (joke)

And Hybrid Chaos yeah an event you can attack back with OLU you get from the event and we are doing that you guys lost some cities to us recently. But that doesn't stop the other 2 alliances attacking you and crushing your defense does it? You can't realistically attack 3 top enemy alliances at once and hope to get cities doesn't work that way. So you forgot about the other 2 alliances attacking you part at the same time. LOD vs TBD was a one on one war in the beginning and they just got overwhelmed then other alliances smelled blood in the water and started attacking LOD which ironically is happening to us. Thats just how things go in worlds sometimes take opportunities to take out your opponents and this event is REALLY making that happen pretty quickly.

If we happen to go down then I wonder which alliance Koopa will find irrelevant then KOD or Rational......

I say Rational you guys are corned with no other alliance willing or in range to support you. Once KT attacks then Apoc will join the feeding frenzy and then Koopa will have the entire right side oceans of this world that would be really good positioning. So I hope Rational has a plan B .....

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I don't recall 3 top 5 alliances attacking you for a 3 week long event. You guys definitely had your share of players on VM and inactives to deal with while being attacked by the #1 and #2 alliances no doubt and during an event. But you forget once KT declared war on us you (and you possible getting more defensive support from various alliances) you guys were no longer a major target by us. And OB and IF and DA started to OP Jossy so the tables turned strongly in your favor by luck or planned strategy. So don't act like you had no outside help to get you through your difficulties. Where is our saving Grace coming from? Don't know.........maybe GDI!!!!!!!!!! (joke)

And Hybrid Chaos yeah an event you can attack back with OLU you get from the event and we are doing that you guys lost some cities to us recently. But that doesn't stop the other 2 alliances attacking you and crushing your defense does it? You can't realistically attack 3 top enemy alliances at once and hope to get cities doesn't work that way. So you forgot about the other 2 alliances attacking you part at the same time. LOD vs TBD was a one on one war in the beginning and they just got overwhelmed then other alliances smelled blood in the water and started attacking LOD which ironically is happening to us. Thats just how things go in worlds sometimes take opportunities to take out your opponents and this event is REALLY making that happen pretty quickly.

If we happen to go down then I wonder which alliance Koopa will find irrelevant then KOD or Rational......

I say Rational you guys are corned with no other alliance willing or in range to support you. Once KT attacks then Apoc will join the feeding frenzy and then Koopa will have the entire right side oceans of this world that would be really good positioning. So I hope Rational has a plan B .....

Lol plan b is to play the game the way it's meant to be played and not get 80 alliances to help us win we will fight no matter the odds this we have proven. What happens from here well at least I can say it's not to be determined.

DeletedUser723

TBD has been holding hands with at least 3 other top 12 alliances since the start of the server, all of a sudden, you lose one of those allies and start losing cities and all you can do is list excuse after excuse. Those same excuses you laughed at when your enemies used them earlier on in the server. Suck it up Couch, you're making yourself look bad with all these posts...

Also, you don't recall the last event where 3 top 5 alliances were attacking KOD? Because I do.... In fact, it was the exact same odds and an event where manti tokens were much easier to acquire and with one other BIG difference, 2 of the 3 alliances we were fighting were/are ranked #1 and #2, while you're fighting 3 alliances smaller than your own. The odds by city count are STILL in TBD's favor, yet you are STILL bleeding cities. TBD made that bed, and now they get to lie in it.

p.s.
I wonder when JG is going to smell the TBD blood. Only a matter of time now...

DeletedUser6798

Couch..im not going to quote the rest of your comments because using the event and all of that is an excuse. I dont care if Jossy or Apoc are not helping you.. Apoc isnt being hit by anyone and JG is hitting an alliance that has changed names more times than any other group on this server. They are no threat. JG is just expanding while you start to struggle. With less than two month to wonders you had to expect they would distance themselves from you.. they are building their own wonders..

But I do want to comment on this:

But you forget once KT declared war on us you (and you possible getting more defensive support from various alliances) you guys were no longer a major target by us.

Who is the main offensive focus of TBD? Based on your comment you make it seem like it is Koopas.. But it isnt. You have only hit us once.. took 4 cities.. in a half OP lets say... But since then you have been hitting only Rational.. This has allowed Koopas and KOD room to just focus on being the aggressor. When Koopas announced we were breaking pact the first thing TBD did was to hit Rational with Apoc.. Rational wasnt even hitting TBD then.. so basically you let off one group to hit another group that wasnt hitting you. Im not a leader there... i dont know the reasoning, but I still cant make sense of it all. TBD should have let APOC hit Rational.. and hit us or KOD instead...at least thats my opinion.

Also, you don't recall the last event where 3 top 5 alliances were attacking KOD

Athan.. we were never really hitting you... so was 2 of the top 5 alliance.. just setting it straight..

Also kings if you want friends maybe ill send you an invite :p

DeletedUser

Well couch all I can say in response to that is when someone attacks you, you have to attack back in order to keep them at bay. Jossys has gone through this entire server beating up on the weak groups that comprise the NW of the world. Whatever their name has been, DV, IF, DA, now IA.. Jossy has been beating them up. At some point they have to hit back.. Though I'm not quite sure to what extent they are, and I doubt it is putting Jossy in much danger if any.

Same can be said for Rational. Apoc and TBD run joint OPs on Rational so when they have their chance, Rational should and does hit back to keep both groups at bay. It's a part of war strategy. I'm personally glad to see so many groups fighting each other. That's the whole point of the game in my opinion.

We ran into a buzz saw early. Fighting JG and Argentum (who both attacked us while their council was "voting" on naps they brought up) TBD, Bouclier, US, Apoc. We tried hitting JG back many times Oliver. Trouble was we were low on offense because keeping current cities was just as important as taking new ones. We'd get the revolts then see JG, TBD, and both Apoc support in our way. Not to mention watching walls go from 0 to 25 in under 2 hours. We adjusted. We'd knock down the walls just to make them spend money. "Get in their pocket" strategy. We're still adjusting, rebuilding, and reorganizing. We've been fighting the top alliances all server with only the 1 main pact. Whatever people think about us, we don't quit, and we're here to try and compete for the win. Nuff said.

DeletedUser11824

Good points made and Kings swag is always dope : )

I already explained why we are loosing cities so quickly right now and these are not excuses but cold hard facts. But I will clarify them for those of us who actually want to debate this.

Disclaimer these are my OWN opinions and DO NOT reflect the views of my alliance. Also I enjoy debates (that can be a vice or virtue sometimes) in general so that is why I'm still here as its more interesting than the game sometimes : )

So here are the reasons why I THINK we are loosing cities.

1.) We give most of the defensive support for all of our cities roughly about 90% or more. Why Jossy and Apoc don't send more can be speculated on and already has been. No other person can debate that except for the players in Apoc, Jossy or TBD who see the numbers each day. Lack of defensive support against 3 alliances offensive attacks = lost cities.

2.) The Halloween event. Hey who is building Manti, Erinyes and Harpy nukes each night? Why is this not a lame excuse. Well, because you have to defend against 3 alliances building nukes each and every night and provide 90% of the defense to those cities from your own alliance who have 25 or more members on VM. That is just a numbers game. More offense made more quickly in greater numbers overwhelms your opponents defense. Yes other alliances have gone through this experience to some degree and we now know its sucks....myth nuke after myth nuke after myth nuke.

3.) Here is the answer most of the attacking alliances want to hear to boost up their egos and get bragging rights. TBD is fighting against 3 alliances. One good and one very good alliances. ( I will let you guys figure out who that is). They plan their attacks well find the weak links and exploit them. And one of those alliances does that REALLY well. You know who you are.

4.) Bad positioning. Being the main alliance in the exact middle of the world is usually trouble unless your alliance is skilled in diplomacy and has friends to align with and you have to choose your enemies very carefully. This because the middle ocean is basically surrounded on 4 sides and can be attacked on many different fronts. Rim alliances usually have an advantage of not being surrounded and can use its deep core cites to defend frontline cities as they have no enemy usually to worry about. If they pact or NAP with the alliances above and below them then they are in incredible position to expand.

5.) This is the best reason so far. We want to loose this many cities because we wanted more of a challenge and are just holding back until we feel ready to attack and dominate this world again. Our main strategy involves two key alliances. "Simmers of Baris" and the alliance "Wargasm" each only consists of only one person but their passion and intensity REALLY can motivate me, I mean us.

With these 2 strong and experienced alliances WE WILL RULE THIS WORLD AGAIN......
smiley_emoticons_irre4.gif

And Oliver you make a good point maybe hitting Rational was not the best idea as it put another alliance against us when we knew we had 2 good alliances to fight already. Making too many enemies in this game usually is not a winning strategy. "Pick your enemies more carefully than your friends they will be with you longer."

DeletedUser723

Athan.. we were never really hitting you... so was 2 of the top 5 alliance.. just setting it straight..

Wasn't talking about koopas though. DV was ranked 5th during the last event and even though we started it, they did tag onto the JG/TBD ops during that time. Obviously, they were the lesser of the 3 aggressors but, it was still 3 top 5 alliances attacking KOD during an event.
Just setting it straight..

DeletedUser9934

you have to forgive Oli Athanasios, He think everything is about him. Hes got a stalinesque like ego

DeletedUser

Couch, you did not begin a "1 on 1" with legions. I know for a fact Apoc was attacking them way before you, and if memory serves, both Rational and TBD took their first cities on the same day. Or maybe KT and TBD. Not 100% sure

DeletedUser3317

No matter how you guys look at it. TBD is probably in the toughest spot and JG is abusing "simmer" status. JG has no threat. TBD was way way way too nice to them. And JG abused that luxury. Now TBD has a challenge set in front of them for the first time in this world and JG is nowhere to be found. JG would rather just sim along fighting a alliance that is not that good. Allowing JG to focus on WW with no real threat around them.

Fact is JG hid behind TBD. Now that TBD is in need of help, JG is making up stories/ exaggerating their situation leaving there ally (TBD) to the wolves. This leaves JG in a very good spot to win the world since they are simming along in a part of this world where they have no threat.

Know, i am not 100% sure JG is letting TBD get destroyed. It is very possible that JG is just a bunch of simmers that are not very active and just coast along. And, that is why they have (this supposed trouble) with small alliances and have very little ability to help out there ally (TBD).

DeletedUser6798

Couch I do agree with a majority of what you said.. but a lot of what you are saying goes both ways.

For every offensive badge the event, there is a defensive badge. And they are cheaper! So essentially you could be using the event to counter our myth building, but you really arent.

What it has come down to is a broken morale and selfishness among some of your players. Some players havent lost a city. Are they being attacked? Sure.. but despite how depleted you want to make TBD seem, there are still players who will put 3k birs in a city. While that goes on, some only get 300 birs.

Add to the fact that roughly 20% of your alliance is in VM, and that all adds up to this feeling you have.

I also want to note.. TBD is not the "center" of the world. It may look that way now, but it was your own doing. There are 4 oceans the comprise the core. 44/45/54/55. TBD is only in 55. JG is in 45 but are not surrounded, KOD is in 54 and not surrounded, and IA(thanks for the response Zennor btw, I know you guys have done well hanging around.. but I am not a fan or believer of "mega" alliances) has 44 and is not surrounded.

The reason TBD is "stuck" in 55 is because of diplomacy. You immediately pacted/NAP'ed with 2 alliances directly adjacent to you. Apoc to the south and JG to the west. You only had 2 options in which way to expand. You again chose to expand towards your other pact.. Koopas.. so you couldnt really even control 65. Having 2k+ cities in an ocean is a feat I have never seen, but its the direct result of choosing to box yourself in. You could have hit Argentum in 54 and kept going north.. but you didnt finish the job. You then switched to hit LOD in the east.. so you never really walled off 54.. You let KOD do that, and they went north into 53.

So while you do make very solid points, they are merely an assessment of your currently reality. You had the chances to prevent the situation.. I will say I was hoping for more out of TBD. I was shocked with their complete avoidance of us... You have taken 30 cities from rational in the last 2 weeks, so I guess thats a positive, but I really think hitting them is just putting a band-aid on things.

DeletedUser10912

you have to forgive Oli Athanasios, He think everything is about him. Hes got a stalinesque like ego

Scarlet Change your picture. I can only take enough of one Oliver and i'm sure everyone else will agree!

DeletedUser

Good points made and Kings swag is always dope : )

I already explained why we are loosing cities so quickly right now and these are not excuses but cold hard facts. But I will clarify them for those of us who actually want to debate this.

Disclaimer these are my OWN opinions and DO NOT reflect the views of my alliance. Also I enjoy debates (that can be a vice or virtue sometimes) in general so that is why I'm still here as its more interesting than the game sometimes : )

So here are the reasons why I THINK we are loosing cities.

1.) We give most of the defensive support for all of our cities roughly about 90% or more. Why Jossy and Apoc don't send more can be speculated on and already has been. No other person can debate that except for the players in Apoc, Jossy or TBD who see the numbers each day. Lack of defensive support against 3 alliances offensive attacks = lost cities.

2.) The Halloween event. Hey who is building Manti, Erinyes and Harpy nukes each night? Why is this not a lame excuse. Well, because you have to defend against 3 alliances building nukes each and every night and provide 90% of the defense to those cities from your own alliance who have 25 or more members on VM. That is just a numbers game. More offense made more quickly in greater numbers overwhelms your opponents defense. Yes other alliances have gone through this experience to some degree and we now know its sucks....myth nuke after myth nuke after myth nuke.

3.) Here is the answer most of the attacking alliances want to hear to boost up their egos and get bragging rights. TBD is fighting against 3 alliances. One good and one very good alliances. ( I will let you guys figure out who that is). They plan their attacks well find the weak links and exploit them. And one of those alliances does that REALLY well. You know who you are.

4.) Bad positioning. Being the main alliance in the exact middle of the world is usually trouble unless your alliance is skilled in diplomacy and has friends to align with and you have to choose your enemies very carefully. This because the middle ocean is basically surrounded on 4 sides and can be attacked on many different fronts. Rim alliances usually have an advantage of not being surrounded and can use its deep core cites to defend frontline cities as they have no enemy usually to worry about. If they pact or NAP with the alliances above and below them then they are in incredible position to expand.

5.) This is the best reason so far. We want to loose this many cities because we wanted more of a challenge and are just holding back until we feel ready to attack and dominate this world again. Our main strategy involves two key alliances. "Simmers of Baris" and the alliance "Wargasm" each only consists of only one person but their passion and intensity REALLY can motivate me, I mean us.

With these 2 strong and experienced alliances WE WILL RULE THIS WORLD AGAIN......
smiley_emoticons_irre4.gif

And Oliver you make a good point maybe hitting Rational was not the best idea as it put another alliance against us when we knew we had 2 good alliances to fight already. Making too many enemies in this game usually is not a winning strategy. "Pick your enemies more carefully than your friends they will be with you longer."

I just wanted to say on behalf of rational Ty for calling us really good. It's about time we get the respect we deserve.