Top 12 Sink or Swim

DeletedUser

Yeah Torg lost his city, went MIA, and UN and CCCP offered Astartes invites and they all took them. It's a shame, they had a lot of potential

Astartes had a lot of good players, but with good players comes big egos and cockiness. We picked fights we couldn't win, and it came around and kicked us in the bums. Lots of credit to CCCP for being some very good and respectable players.

DeletedUser

But, to paraphrase an old adage: "One man's misfortune is another man's opportunity." I predict Kings of Chaos might prove to be something of a wild card.

DeletedUser6408

I'm assuming by 'our players' you mean CCCP. At no point was Torg a member of CCCP. An alliance so heavy with gold it is bound to Sink.
did you see this gold?
a bonus for the island job.
We are poor Russian students.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Top 10 seemed more appropriate and without further ado...

1) Punk in Drublic – Whether excess booze consumption or intelligence their 69 man roster brushes up against the 70 member maximum making this group the single largest alliance – excluding academies. This group has a mixture of experience from other worlds, but need to tighten recruitment standards to exclude the demotivating QuitWhinin and xDownfallx pseudonyms. An aggressive group overall – leading in ABP and BP - I think they have put a target on their back being located in the middle of the world – Ocean 55. I do not see them suddenly collapsing like Astartes if they lose a few cities, but I am a little concerned about their future. Swim.

2) CCCP – Led by some top ‘resource’ players like Yurbasik who captures cities and hands-off internally to less skilled Russians, this alliance is poised to make waves. This group has some of the upper tier players in the world and an academy alliance. They are starting to develop a presence on the external forums and it will be interesting to see how they develop internally and diplomatically as the world ages. They seem to have already secured Ocean 45 through pacts with potential threats Alpha-Omega and No Quarter. Already knocking off forum favorite – Astartes – they appear unimpeded to continue tossing their weight around in the West. Swim.

3) Alpha-Omega – Much like Punk in Drublic they have only a handful of players who are in possession of multiple cities as this point. A product of a high member count, they seem to lack the aggressiveness of a top alliance with not a single member ranked in the top 15 of ABP or DBP. The potential is there to be something greater, but they are currently treading water and will need to make some moves in the next few weeks to escape being locally dominated and ultimately collapsing. Sink.

4) UN and CCCP – Bridging the West and East? Name aside they are an academy alliance who is consuming other alliances. It remains to be seen what the mixture of blood that this group possess will make a valuable contribution to the world or are they merely backing the full blooded Russian CCCP. Current top members have not contributed to the alliance as evidenced by this coalition being excluded from the top 15 in alliance ABP and DBP. Float.

5) Avalon – There have been no early stage challengers to this alliance. However, the Ocean dominance is inhibited by Evolution of Sin. and The Red Rose. A top 5 group by shear member count, they seem to be middle of the road in most categories, which led me to believe they are an undiscovered MRA. MRAs can survive, but need good leadership. Ace-Wolf has Mu experience, having grown up in another MRA, The Raptors. The question on this alliance is: can one man, Founder Ace-Wolf, continue to will this alliance into relevance. Sink.

6) HaVoC – Just missing out on the top 5. This later starting group in Ocean 56 does not have many recognizable names on the roster. They appear to be on par with Avalon in needing other members who can step up and solidify their core Ocean, but are in more favorable terroritory. Having quickly recruited 67 members, they reek of an MRA, but cuts can always be made to weed out the Sim City growers once the magnet of being a top 12 alliance is turned out. Float.

7) Rhoman Empire – The once proud #1 alliance appears to be in the much predicted decline. This ‘experienced’ group from Pi seems ill equipped at handling the pace of a speed 2/4 world. My suggestion to those members, active enough in the MRA to read the externals, is to turtle up if not entirely abandon ship (already lost two members since the start of this post).You have accumulated a wealth of DBP, while maintaining a respectable amount of ABP in the hotbed Ocean 55, but the time of complete collapse seems inevitable. Sink.

8 ) KINGS of CHAOS – The utter disrespect for prepositions and internet edict does not bode well for this still beating heart MRA. They will lose any competition, including but not limited to best butchering of the English language, to CCCP and The Red Rose. Not horrible in BP, but a few standard deviations in points under where they should be for the eighth overall rank, this group does not appear to be leveraging that point differential for morale purposes. The collapse of Astartes leaves open a glimmer of hope for this crew to get their act together and rule Ocean 44, but CCCP and HoO will stand in their way. Sink.

9) No Quarter – An alliance, which I expect much more out of. (Yeah, hanging preposition) Their name implies fewer pacts, but their aggressiveness is found wanting. Load barking with a soft bite, unless a change of tact is made they will be quartered by CCCP who in the interim they seem bent on assisting. Hence forth nicknamed The Red Scare. Float.

10) The Sea Raiders – Former MRA, then academy of an MRA, they have reverted to just MRA. It would be nice seeing a war between them and KINGS of CHAOS for Ocean 44, but again another alliance not capable of anything but paper cutting an opponent at this point in time. Their redeeming qualities include the phrase not as bad as … This alliance will Sink.

DeletedUser

Wow, no swims there, and just for info, our alliance is not an MRA.

DeletedUser

What can you say, when you have an academy in BP, ur gonna be dead xD

DeletedUser

Swim - Achieve a higher rank than their current one. Do well as an alliance. Have a chance at winning the world.

Float - Stay at the rank they currently are.. an average alliance.

Sink - Will fall from their current rank. Bad alliance that will get killed off.

I'll amend my post using this definition. So:
Swims = 2 (Punk in Drublic and CCCP)
Float = 3 (UN and CCCP, HaVoC, and No Quarter)
Sink = 5

One can't say that ~8 alliances (Swim) have a chance at winning the world.

DeletedUser

Kings of Chaos is, in fact, selective of who we choose to recruit. And, by the way, for someone who comes from an alliance incapable of anything but papercutting, you don't seem to be having much luck with my city, Gierto. :D

DeletedUser2063

RE has collapsed like everyone predicted (except Grover). PiD is taking in their best fighters, and some are going to the new alliance made of ex Rhomans Byzantine Empire.

DeletedUser

Kings of Chaos is, in fact, selective of who we choose to recruit. And, by the way, for someone who comes from an alliance incapable of anything but papercutting, you don't seem to be having much luck with my city, Gierto. :D

I am selective of who I rejected alliance invites from - namely MRAs - a few of which are top 12. America is not selective of whom* we choose to recruit. Neither I nor you are currently in a top 12 alliance. So, as to the topic of this thread - I understand you’re a noob in the external forums, but there is a certain decorum - what do you think of my analysis of the top 10/12?

DeletedUser1685

I am selective of who I rejected alliance invites from - namely MRAs - a few of which are top 12. America is not selective of whom* we choose to recruit. Neither I nor you are currently in a top 12 alliance. So, as to the topic of this thread - I understand you’re a noob in the external forums, but there is a certain decorum - what do you think of my analysis of the top 10/12?

hahaha..somebody is upset.

I Can't wait to hear what people have to see once we reach top 12..

DeletedUser

Neither I nor you are currently in a top 12 alliance.?

Speak for yourself.

what do you think of my analysis of the top 10/12?

Other than my little nitpick a moment ago, I think the rest are summed up reasonably well. CCCP in particular seems to be too cocky for their own good even if they are swimming in gold.

DeletedUser

But the thing is, CCCP can back their cockiness, as I saw before, they took down Forum favorite Astartes with pretty much 1 attack.

DeletedUser

Well, they were at least smart enough to go for the leader, and I've been in alliances myself where people just went "Holy crap, leader down!" and jumped ship onto one of many mediocre MRAs scavenging for members. That's why it's a good idea to have more than one person who actually has the in game ability to manage the alliance in addition to leading it. Anyway, I digress...back to topic.