Top 12 Alliances of Omicron Discussion.

DeletedUser2039

Most will be gone in a few months. It's a better question to ask who will be around in a month and go from there.

DeletedUser

Alright well I'll do a preliminary ranking because I am bored haha

1. Libera Te Ex Inferis: Seem to be a good group of experienced people. The only potential problem is that they have their members split up pretty evenly over 3 core oceans (all except 45). This could lead to some problems if they have to fight on all fronts.

2. The Evil Empire: Also a good group of players in a mostly pre-made alliance. They have a few good core islands in O54 and O55. I see them going into O54 but there are a good amount of Libera Te Ex Inferis members standing in their way. Since they are in the middle of the core though a war or truce will probably form with Libera Te Ex Inferis.

3. The Weeping Angels: Don't know much about this alliance but the thing that looks troublesome is that they are very spread out over O55 so fighting as a team may not be possible. On the other hand they are more towards the outskirts of O55 so none of the other top 12 alliances are in range to attack most of their players. This will give them some time to grow.

4. -Spartan Order-: Look to be the early favorite in O54 as none of the other big alliances are rooted their. They have a solid core and should be able to grow nicely when BP ends.

5. Amazing Harmony: It still amazes me that they were able to get every single city on an island in the core. You almost never see that. This gives them a good base so attacking them won't be easy. They are towards the core in O45 so if they want to grow in O45 they will have their work cut out for them as they try to compete against Libera Te Ex Inferis and Avengers.

6. Avengers: Call me crazy but my early pick for the favorite in O45. They match the Amazing Harmony core island with one of their own right next to it with almost every city belonging to this alliance. In between the core island for Avengers and Amazing Harmony is one where the cities are split between these 2 nearly 50-50. I see an early war between these two and a good pact good easily the deciding factor. The alternative is if these two pact in which case kiss Libera Te Ex Inferis goodbye.

7. 55 Native Coalition: A little spread out but mostly a good core. They have already pacted with the other top 3 alliances in ocean 55 among others. I personally don't like too many pacts, especially this early, but its not my alliance so whatever :p This will limit their targets in 55 and it will only be a matter of time until one of these top 3 alliances in O55 are kicked out of this pact. They all just have to hope its not them.

8. S.P.Q.R.: One of the other top 3 alliances mentioned above. Mostly in the center of O55 with a few stragglers. Looked weak earlier on but I think if they just trim some of the dead weight and some pacts they could be a good alliance.

9. Monty Python: Who? Don't know anything about these guys but they are obviously an MRA. The only thing they have going for them is they arent in the 4 core oceans so maybe they can grow (if their players stay active which I doubt).

10. BearClan: Don't see them being successful unless they make immediate changes. They have a pretty good core island in O44, but then a bunch of people scattered in O55. I don't think that will work out and they may have to disband.

11. LEAGUE OF SHADOWS: They also have a pretty good core in O44 but I do not see them lasting either. There are just better alliances in the area in my opinion.

12. King Kong: Look pretty good location wise set up on the O54 and O55 border. I think they can grow from there but as for long term it is too soon to tell.

Well theres my top 12 run down. I mean no disrespect to anyone.

DeletedUser

All of them r names that have been used before,except for the #1 alliance.

DeletedUser2039

Libera Te Ex Inferis: I only know English, they'll sink.
The Evil Empire: The founder is probably five...because this is a comic book name for sure.
The Weeping Angels: ...
-Spartan Order-: Spartans are overused...I know it's a greekish game but unoriginal for sure.
Amazing Harmony: Any alliance with "amazing" in the name can't be good.
Avengers: Another comic book alliance.
55 Native Coalition: I mean, I can't say I really have any problems with this one other than the over use of coalition at times.
S.P.Q.R.: Don't know what it means...so I obviously don't like it.
Monty Python: I like snakes, but not as an alliance name!
BearClan: At least put a space...come on!
LEAGUE OF SHADOWS: NEVER MAKE ALLIANCE NAMES ALL CAPS. IT'S DUMB.
King Kong: Yea...makes me real scerd of them!

I hope you enjoyed my in depth name analysis of the top 12. Plus reps are appreciated and negative comments are not, that's my job. :-D

DeletedUser

Libera Te Ex Inferis: I only know English, they'll sink.
The Evil Empire: The founder is probably five...because this is a comic book name for sure.
The Weeping Angels: ...
-Spartan Order-: Spartans are overused...I know it's a greekish game but unoriginal for sure.
Amazing Harmony: Any alliance with "amazing" in the name can't be good.
Avengers: Another comic book alliance.
55 Native Coalition: I mean, I can't say I really have any problems with this one other than the over use of coalition at times.
S.P.Q.R.: Don't know what it means...so I obviously don't like it.
Monty Python: I like snakes, but not as an alliance name!
BearClan: At least put a space...come on!
LEAGUE OF SHADOWS: NEVER MAKE ALLIANCE NAMES ALL CAPS. IT'S DUMB.
King Kong: Yea...makes me real scerd of them!

I hope you enjoyed my in depth name analysis of the top 12. Plus reps are appreciated and negative comments are not, that's my job. :-D

That was a very insightful rundown. +rep :p

DeletedUser2039

I think Omicron is a little more enlighten after that, such was the goal at least. :p

DeletedUser

Is it just me or does anyone else think of Reagan and the Soviet Union when you read the alliance name "The Evil Empire"?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Someone in the top 12 is about to get a significant boost ;)

After long negotiating with various alliances, our group has come to a decision.

DeletedUser

Alright well I'll do a preliminary ranking because I am bored haha

1. Libera Te Ex Inferis: Seem to be a good group of experienced people. The only potential problem is that they have their members split up pretty evenly over 3 core oceans (all except 45). This could lead to some problems if they have to fight on all fronts.

2. The Evil Empire: Also a good group of players in a mostly pre-made alliance. They have a few good core islands in O54 and O55. I see them going into O54 but there are a good amount of Libera Te Ex Inferis members standing in their way. Since they are in the middle of the core though a war or truce will probably form with Libera Te Ex Inferis.

3. The Weeping Angels: Don't know much about this alliance but the thing that looks troublesome is that they are very spread out over O55 so fighting as a team may not be possible. On the other hand they are more towards the outskirts of O55 so none of the other top 12 alliances are in range to attack most of their players. This will give them some time to grow.

4. -Spartan Order-: Look to be the early favorite in O54 as none of the other big alliances are rooted their. They have a solid core and should be able to grow nicely when BP ends.

5. Amazing Harmony: It still amazes me that they were able to get every single city on an island in the core. You almost never see that. This gives them a good base so attacking them won't be easy. They are towards the core in O45 so if they want to grow in O45 they will have their work cut out for them as they try to compete against Libera Te Ex Inferis and Avengers.

6. Avengers: Call me crazy but my early pick for the favorite in O45. They match the Amazing Harmony core island with one of their own right next to it with almost every city belonging to this alliance. In between the core island for Avengers and Amazing Harmony is one where the cities are split between these 2 nearly 50-50. I see an early war between these two and a good pact good easily the deciding factor. The alternative is if these two pact in which case kiss Libera Te Ex Inferis goodbye.

7. 55 Native Coalition: A little spread out but mostly a good core. They have already pacted with the other top 3 alliances in ocean 55 among others. I personally don't like too many pacts, especially this early, but its not my alliance so whatever :p This will limit their targets in 55 and it will only be a matter of time until one of these top 3 alliances in O55 are kicked out of this pact. They all just have to hope its not them.

8. S.P.Q.R.: One of the other top 3 alliances mentioned above. Mostly in the center of O55 with a few stragglers. Looked weak earlier on but I think if they just trim some of the dead weight and some pacts they could be a good alliance.

9. Monty Python: Who? Don't know anything about these guys but they are obviously an MRA. The only thing they have going for them is they arent in the 4 core oceans so maybe they can grow (if their players stay active which I doubt).

10. BearClan: Don't see them being successful unless they make immediate changes. They have a pretty good core island in O44, but then a bunch of people scattered in O55. I don't think that will work out and they may have to disband.

11. LEAGUE OF SHADOWS: They also have a pretty good core in O44 but I do not see them lasting either. There are just better alliances in the area in my opinion.

12. King Kong: Look pretty good location wise set up on the O54 and O55 border. I think they can grow from there but as for long term it is too soon to tell.

Well theres my top 12 run down. I mean no disrespect to anyone.

Very nice job. At this stage of the game it's hard to come up with something to say about most teams. :)

DeletedUser4900

Wouldnt want to play it to safe now would we Iceddragon... should of lived life on the edge and had fun :p

DeletedUser

http://grepointel.com/map.php?server=us16&ref=0s9j9hrscb5frswf0nkbfjszml13m5iqwgcr0x

Top 10 Alliances (location analysis)

1.LTEI-Postion wise not the greatest, but not the worst either. They have there feet in both ocean 44 and 55. Will be interested to see which direction they go to next.
2.Evil Empire- Similar postion to LTEI. Have a solid group in both 44 and the edges of O45 and 54. Have a few members in O55, which I dont understand why.
3.Weeping Angels-Scattered on several islands south of O55.No real threat down there. They could be playing Sim City for a while ;)
4.Amazing Harmony-Core is located in O54. They are in a very strong position location wise. Most of their members control entire island.
5.Spartan Order- Positioned mainly in O45. Members are located between a 1-2 island radius of each other. Few members in 55 (wont be doing that much for there cause)
6.Avengers- Also located in O54. It seems that a war will eventually breakout between them and Amazing Harmony. Most of there cities are very close to each other.
7.Monty Pythons-Located in the middle of nowhere aka O56, looks like they will be be catching butterflies and taking long walks on the beach (no real threat). Members are in good proximity.
8. SPQR- Primarily located in 055. Positioning is strong in the middle of O55, weak on the boarders. They have members in other oceans they wont be able to protect.
9. 55 Native Coalition- You guessed it is located in O55. Not a fan of there location at all. Very spread out in that ocean. Im sure alliances in that Ocean will test them for sure.
10 BearClan- .They have members in 4 Oceans...Decent core in O44. I dont see them lasting to long.

DeletedUser

http://grepointel.com/map.php?server=us16&ref=0s9j9hrscb5frswf0nkbfjszml13m5iqwgcr0x

Top 10 Alliances (location analysis)

1.LTEI-Postion wise not the greatest, but not the worst either. They have there feet in both ocean 44 and 55. Will be interested to see which direction they go to next.
2.Evil Empire- Similar postion to LTEI. Have a solid group in both 44 and the edges of O45 and 54. Have a few members in O55, which I dont understand why.
3.Weeping Angels-Scattered on several islands south of O55.No real threat down there. They could be playing Sim City for a while ;)
4.Amazing Harmony-Core is located in O54. They are in a very strong position location wise. Most of their members control entire island.
5.Spartan Order- Positioned mainly in O45. Members are located between a 1-2 island radius of each other. Few members in 55 (wont be doing that much for there cause)
6.Avengers- Also located in O54. It seems that a war will eventually breakout between them and Amazing Harmony. Most of there cities are very close to each other.
7.Monty Pythons-Located in the middle of nowhere aka O56, looks like they will be be catching butterflies and taking long walks on the beach (no real threat). Members are in good proximity.
8. SPQR- Primarily located in 055. Positioning is strong in the middle of O55, weak on the boarders. They have members in other oceans they wont be able to protect.
9. 55 Native Coalition- You guessed it is located in O55. Not a fan of there location at all. Very spread out in that ocean. Im sure alliances in that Ocean will test them for sure.
10 BearClan- .They have members in 4 Oceans...Decent core in O44. I dont see them lasting to long.

nice rundown Sasquatch +rep