Pella wars.... Who vs. Who?

DeletedUser11188

Okay, Buck and PT you both are missing my point in the gold spending they're doing. Spending it is fine and dandy and Buck has a good point with "doesn't make you good or bad". BUT when you spend/buy more than the Avg gold spender and at the beginning of the game, it becomes obvious your skill in how "Good" it is..

It's like this: You go to workout and you're bodybuilding. You do it all naturally (No steroids, HGH, and etc related). Another guy is bodybuilding, but uses that crap. Both paths are fine. However, the guy being Natural, will live a longer and healthier life. The guy on the roids and crap, will have a shorter life with many health complications and severely limit a lot in his life (both paths on the back end).

That concept applies to what I'm saying. They're getting big now and grow fast. Okay cool, good for them. On the back end, when the REAL fighters and REAL Strategists (Like AD who is coming with his crew in the coming days) are the only ones left, unless they join those players. They'll find themselves crushed in no time.

Btw, good stats (PT) on the guy. However, let's assume he/she used/uses the same amount of gold. Those stats are boosted because of that. In which, regardless of gold, that world has been open for a bit AND as many people know, stats don't mean everything or really much. Now it does help a lot I will say. But I've seen people with "terrible" stats really kick everyone's butt! It's all about the smarter play.

But good luck to them!

Are the stats inflated at this point in the world? Yes, absolutely. The world will catch up, the effect of gold is much more visible and beneficial at the beginning. But you assuming they aren't REAL fighters and REAL strategists is pretty narrowminded. You are basing your opinion on less than 1 weeks worth of gameplay here. If you wanted to do your homework, you could see what people look like well into a server. Links have even been provided for those who don't feel like doing it on their own. But since you don't use stats maybe you should wait to form any opinions until you see them play.

I hope AD is as good as you say. Will be good having some good players in the world. Although waiting to start on the rim says a lot about someone.

We will see in a couple months where they stand. I have played in worlds with them before so I know where they will fall. We will just keep doing what we do and you can keep blaming it on gold. At some point you'll come around to reality and give a good player props for being just that....gold or no gold.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser11188

Finally someone has said it. i have been waiting Since the start of this server for someone to say this

It appears some are more focused on the forums then the game. Gold or no gold...that sure is a slow growth curve. Lucky for you, you are close to us. I'm sure we will be seeing you soon ;)

DeletedUser7319

Paul, i agree with you on alot that you say, so dont take offense. I think using gold in the beginning is a no brainer, if you are able. Why wouldnt you wanna be cs ready before everybody else? Why wouldnt you wanna get a jump on everyone when BP ends? I use heavy gold in the begininng of the world and drastically decrease my usage after i get to that level. Why not let someone else build a city for you then take it? I wont judge anyone for their individual gold usage, i have played with great players that use gold. That being said, after i get one city "speed built" i only use gold for the admin,captain, and commander. I have to agree with buckeyes on his points.

I am not here yet, so i cant say anything about anyone here, and i am excited to join, seems like some good players here and itll be fun.

P.s - Buckeyes, AD will live up to the hype, i promise you that. Unfortuantely we have delayed our entrance in to this world bc we are concentrating on 3 more wonders. No wrys though, if we start far off on the rim, we will make our way to the action. Some of the Bad Guys are already here.

P.P.s - Guys the gold discussion gets on every external for every world, guys are against it and guys are for it. Bottom line, gold can be used and will be used ,why must we discuss it every world. I know i just fed into it, but i felt i had to make a point since it was brought up!!
Now... Start building cities for US!!!8)

DeletedUser11188

Paul, i agree with you on alot that you say, so dont take offense. I think using gold in the beginning is a no brainer, if you are able. Why wouldnt you wanna be cs ready before everybody else? Why wouldnt you wanna get a jump on everyone when BP ends? I use heavy gold in the begininng of the world and drastically decrease my usage after i get to that level. Why not let someone else build a city for you then take it? I wont judge anyone for their individual gold usage, i have played with great players that use gold. That being said, after i get one city "speed built" i only use gold for the admin,captain, and commander. I have to agree with buckeyes on his points.

I am not here yet, so i cant say anything about anyone here, and i am excited to join, seems like some good players here and itll be fun.

P.s - Buckeyes, AD will live up to the hype, i promise you that. Unfortuantely we have delayed our entrance in to this world bc we are concentrating on 3 more wonders. No wrys though, if we start far off on the rim, we will make our way to the action. Some of the Bad Guys are already here.

Finally someone with some sense. Looking forward to you and your crew joining. Let me know when you guys make your way into this world.

DeletedUser

If I could afford it, I would shorten every build time possible in my first city regardless of when I joined.

What play comes down to is location, target choices, army composition, and timing. Even the alliance you join only makes a limited impact. The sooner you reach the point where you are making macro-level decisions like the 4 above, the faster you will expand and (depending on your choice of target) the faster you will conquer others successfully.

DeletedUser7319

very true sir! Though, i do enjoy the guys that continuously use the same strategies that fail horribly over and over again! Gives us a all a little chuckle, and a break from the daily grind of conquering!

DeletedUser7319

Under another name yes! Settings are good ( except unit speed) but yea we will be coming to Pella.

Seems to be some good competition as well.

DeletedUser

Under another name yes! Settings are good ( except unit speed) but yea we will be coming to Pella.

Seems to be some good competition as well.

Finally some more real comp. yo guys did Amazing in Byzantium when i was there, i hope you guys will be better here.

DeletedUser7319

Byz, was a bit too much at the time, we started off great, but our heart was in TAU. We felt bad about the great players we brought in, and we left. Byz had awesome settings, but we wanted to finish TAU. Things are looking good here though, we got 4 wonders in under 2 weeks, but we have 3 more to get, luckily for us, people are fighting back and its making WW not so boring haha. We are all excited about Pella though. Bad thing is, late start = Crappy positioning, so we will have to migrate to the fun.

DeletedUser

No offense BB! I get your point and I fully understand and it is good strategy to do so.

I just personally think it's excessive.

But as Buckeyes stated, we'll wait to see how they're really like. Personally, I've never seen a person spend THAT much gold so early, and last past 4 months.. If they do, they'll be the first I've witnessed.

DeletedUser

Not using Paul S. in this world. Only using the account for the forums now (and Gythium).

DeletedUser

Hey friends.

Leave Paul alone please. Pick me instead. I am always eager to test my skills in battle.

DeletedUser

Hey friends.

Leave Paul alone please. Pick me instead. I am always eager to test my skills in battle.

Thanks buddy! But it's all good. People tend to not like me because I'm usually right :p
Now if I'm wrong, I ALWAYS admit it, but it's not too often. Hence the haterade.

Anyways, enough haterade for everyone today, let's get back to actually playing and having fun!

DeletedUser

The Greek States/roughnecks Vs. Arckaine

This oughta be fun! Never have I seen so many people easily antagonized and manipulated so early and in one world. Of course, who would have thought that 17k of silver on a 3k city wouldn't result in a spy report??

DeletedUser

LOL Arckaine, your time is near the end :)

You keep thinking that. What's the worst you could do? Rim me? Whatever, I'll still have all that BP you guys gave me trying to take that city.

Arc = Not worried.

What? Are you all scared of hitting me now? I'm going to be a pain in your side for as long as I can. Might want to get me now before I start growing...

genwolfe on 2014-09-25 at 10:23
Your time on the island will be short....guaranteed!

Still waiting on the follow-through!

Edit: Finally, someone with balls!

ae85d4285a.png