Bringing Back Upsilon: Updated Top 12 Sink or Swim

• Thread starter DeletedUser6798
  • Start date

DeletedUser6798

Very nice move for Anitmatter actually.. im not that surprised the oracle merged into a bordering alliance instead of trying to exist on their own.. I actually think they may be the 2nd best Alliance in the world behind the Hive..

The great thing about numbers is that you can spin them any way you want..

Hive: ABP growth difference 682,791 divided by 73 members= 9353 ABP growth per person

AR: ABP growth difference 739,344 divided by 97 members= 7622 ABP growth per person

Therefore, Hive players actively attacked at a 22% higher rate Than AR. Well I guess ABP numbers still matter..

but hey now you are at least trying!

What it comes down to is you are bickering about less than 100k ABP when you are still down by almost 10x that amount

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

i have a question for some of the guys in AR like foos and Great Infidel... can you teach me how you can have so many cities with so little BP for city slots? ive been trying to keep up, but it seems my BP isnt high enough to keep up with you guys :D

foos
24 cities
http://i.imgur.com/tDruFHg.png

Great Infidel
38 cities
http://i.imgur.com/L5kjCKa.png

I have more than the both of you combined... but i cant seem to catch you guys in city numbers... what am i doing wrong?

DeletedUser

i have a question for some of the guys in AR like foos and Great Infidel... can you teach me how you can have so many cities with so little BP for city slots? ive been trying to keep up, but it seems my BP isnt high enough to keep up with you guys :D

foos
24 cities
http://i.imgur.com/tDruFHg.png

Great Infidel
38 cities
http://i.imgur.com/L5kjCKa.png

I have more than the both of you combined... but i cant seem to catch you guys in city numbers... what am i doing wrong?
DN, that's a great question. Often times new players struggle with how to grow, especially once you have a dozen cities or two and you need dozens of CP to get another one. I reccommend you check out this helpful wiki:

http://wiki.en.grepolis.com/wiki/Culture#Increasing_cultural_level

Keep asking questions, it's the only way to get better!

DeletedUser

thanks for the great info Zuul, i would have never figured out how this whole culture thing works... ;)

but you know i was thinking about it.... and the formula for culture can tell us how much BP it would take to get to certain culture levels. and it seems that a player would have to have over 500,000 BP to get to Culture level 38. so i wonder how a player that only has like 76,000 BP can get to culture level 38...it would see that this person is missing several hundred thousand BP points... is it possible to buy the rank?... do teach me more about this game :D

sorry for double posting, but i just had a thought... if culture level 38 is over 2000 CP and a player only has 76475 BP (we can round up to 255 CP) and only buys half of the needed culture points (872 CP) at 50 gold a pop... thats 43600+ gold!!!

and im just assuming the other 872 CP were farmed with resources spent on city festivals and theaters in every city (although i dont think thats possible to farm that many in such a short time)

DeletedUser3522

sorry for double posting, but i just had a thought... if culture level 38 is over 2000 CP and a player only has 76475 BP (we can round up to 255 CP) and only buys half of the needed culture points (872 CP) at 50 gold a pop... thats 43600+ gold!!!

and im just assuming the other 872 CP were farmed with resources spent on city festivals and theaters in every city (although i dont think thats possible to farm that many in such a short time)

And good for those grep developers! Somebody's gotta pay for the kiddies to play. Sour grapes don't come free you know.

Glad you found the wiki helpful.

Study hard kids.

DeletedUser

Fools alone is putting more Grepolis developer's kids through college than half of Upsilon, its a proud accomplishment.thisisgrepolis, keep up the good work

DeletedUser

You know, I'm really starting to regret not going for a degree in economics or accounting, it would have been pretty useful now ;-)

Abacus.JPG

Add this, divide by that, multiply by the other....not for the first time in my short life that I've been confused.

DeletedUser3522

Here you go Gary, I've got an easier one for you ...

If Alliance A takes 50 cities from Alliance B, and Alliance B takes 0 cities from Alliance A ... how many more cities did Alliance A take over Alliance B?

Extra Credit:

If a few days ago Alliance B had 6.9 million points, but today has 6.7 million points ... are they becoming more credible or less credible with every last gasping breath?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

For all the talk of MRA's .... first it was O66, now O53 ... too FUNNY! I am loving it. Get's better and better.

Oh dear children...

DeletedUser

lol Says the guy who eats his own inactive alliance cities like if they were going out of style. I would say to go after a live player but why when your own alliance's asinine policy of not fighting anyone leads most of your own players to quit. Since you also have an academy to keep feeding you with more cities, the sky is the limit for you.

10 of 23 your cities that you conquered came from your alliance
3 more cities were ghost
2 cities were from The Hive
1 was a hand off from The Trinity

The rest don't even matter, since you can clearly see where your own personal growth comes from. You spend a fortune on gold, you bring out the MRA charge even though your own alliance was spread out through how many Oceans and how many merges? If it hurts so much that we called you guys an MRA, I am deeply sorry, we had no idea we were dealing with such a "sensitive" individual that feels he is only speaking the "truth" by coming out here.

Like you said once, you don't really like to comment on here, so it was such an injustice done on our part that you came out like a valiant knight in shining armor to correct the "evil" you saw, even though it might make you look like a hypocrite. So for that I salute you and commend you, it took a lot to come on here and present us with your amazing record so that you can speak against the terrible and misguided injustice by labeling your alliance who merged with more people, farther away than we did as an MRA.

Clearly, the only way to succeed in this game is buying gold like its candy, befriending all border alliances and when you are in a fight against an enemy alliance if they even give the hint of wanting to end things you merge them up because there can't be anything wrong whatsoever with having 90+ people all singing kumba ya with almost no real border enemies. Obviously, there is nothing wrong with that long term, I can't think of a thing wrong about boring your people to death.

You keep taking more cities in Ocean 80s, 76 and 75, they will do you and your alliance a world of good lol. By the way all of this started because your people couldn't take a little criticism in an in depth analysis of your people and their accomplishment. Yet from all the crying and whining that your people have done about our analysis, I have yet to see you guys write something up and share your perspective of the world.

How many friends do you guys need to clean out Ocean 66 of little ole MRA The Hive? We are such an MRA and have no idea how to play this game that we have how many Coalitions/Federations against us? Clearly, we are the joke...lolthisisgrepolis

DeletedUser

Here you go Gary, I've got an easier one for you ...

If Alliance A takes 50 cities from Alliance B, and Alliance B takes 0 cities from Alliance A ... how many more cities did Alliance A take over Alliance B?

Extra Credit:

If a few days ago Alliance B had 6.9 million points, but today has 6.7 million points ... are they becoming more credible or less credible with every last gasping breath?

55? No no wait, I know this one :s

DeletedUser6798

This thread's name should be changed to wanna-be's with a pipe dream. Or possibly Living in a Fantasy. There is certainly no effort going on in these talks nor is there any reasonable analysis. I think I'm done with my sink/swim.. You all can bicker away.

Oh, and if there is anyone from Antimatter on... all I have to say is Ha. Ha. Ha.

http://puu.sh/7uWaN.png

I also think that's more DBP than some players on here have all together and even combined..foos and zuul

DeletedUser

Just stats, no commentary till the end, you can make your own deciphering by just the numbers, since some fools(hehe you get it...) are too sensitive to words...

1) Assassins Rite=Swim
Total Points= 8,344,647
ABP=1,601,919(2)
DBP=468,990(8)
TBP=2,070,909(3)
Top 15 Attackers=1
Top 15 Defenders=0
Top 15 Fighters=0
Last 5 days of ABP=91,092
Last 5 days of DBP=25,263
Avg Player=86,925(2)
Oceans they control(Most cities in an Ocean)=4
Oceans they have cities in but not control=10 (Not counting Academy)

2) Antimatter=Swim
Total Points= 7,637,747
ABP=572,377(10)
DBP=450,612(9)
TBP=1,022,989(9)
Top 15 Attackers=2
Top 15 Defenders=2
Top 15 Fighters=1
Last 5 days of ABP=150,131
Last 5 days of DBP=66,527
Avg Player=80,398(4)
Oceans they control=3
Oceans they have cities in but not control=15...yea that is the kind of world Upsilon is where this is possible...

3) Havoc - Black Ops=Swim
Total Points= 6,677,350
ABP=1,539,923(3)
DBP=652,548(5)
TBP=2,192,471(2)
Top 15 Attackers=2
Top 15 Defenders=0
Top 15 Fighters=1
Last 5 days of ABP=174,078
Last 5 days of DBP=80,911
Avg Player=83,467(3)
Oceans they control=6
Oceans they have cities in but not control=11

4) The Hive=Sink because clearly looking at everyone else's numbers this is the only alliance that has no idea what they are doing...Big Time MRA....
Total Points= 6,609,447
ABP=2,620,015(1)
DBP=2,476,833(1)
TBP=5,096,848(1)
Top 15 Attackers=6
Top 15 Defenders=8
Top 15 Fighters=8
Last 5 days of ABP=177,059(1)
Last 5 days of DBP=279,340(1)
Avg Player=100,145(1)
Oceans they control=3
Oceans they have cities in but not control=7

5) The Trinity=Swim
Total Points= 5,313,198
ABP=972,153(4)
DBP=729,112(4)
TBP=1,701,265(4)
Top 15 Attackers=1
Top 15 Defenders=1
Top 15 Fighters=1
Last 5 days of ABP=71,758
Last 5 days of DBP=108,194
Avg Player=55,930(5)
Oceans they control=2

6) The Elder Gods=Swim
Total Points= 3,971,435
ABP=731,407(7)
DBP=849,028(2)
TBP=1,580,435(6)
Top 15 Attackers=0
Top 15 Defenders=0
Top 15 Fighters=0
Last 5 days of ABP=49,041
Last 5 days of DBP=80,025
Avg Player=49,030(7)
Oceans they control=4
Oceans they have cities in but not control=12

7) Special Ops=Swim
Total Points= 2,816,027
ABP=475,119(13)
DBP=446,887(10)
TBP=922,006(11)
Top 15 Attackers=0
Top 15 Defenders=0
Top 15 Fighters=0
Last 5 days of ABP=39,979
Last 5 days of DBP=18,698
Avg Player=44,699(8)
Oceans they control=2
Oceans they have cities in but not control=8

8) Arrivederci=Swim
Total Points= 2,730,004
ABP=755,902(5)
DBP=836,194(3)
TBP=1,592,096(5)
Top 15 Attackers=2
Top 15 Defenders=2
Top 15 Fighters=2
Last 5 days of ABP=37,246
Last 5 days of DBP=52,708
Avg Player=50,556(6)
Oceans they control=1

9) Havoc - Red Ops=Swim
Total Points=2,674,997
ABP=744,624(6)
DBP=403,014(11)
TBP=1,147,638(8)
Top 15 Attackers=0
Top 15 Defenders=0
Top 15 Fighters=0
Last 5 days of ABP=48,460
Last 5 days of DBP=23,823
Avg Player=50,556(6)
Oceans they control=1
Oceans they have cities in but not control=18

10) Heracletian Alliance=Swim
Total Points=2,598,163
ABP=493,728(11)
DBP=280,857(16)
TBP=774,585(14)
Top 15 Attackers=0
Top 15 Defenders=0
Top 15 Fighters=0
Last 5 days of ABP=50,754
Last 5 days of DBP=16,818
Avg Player=28,869(10)
Oceans they control=2
Oceans they have cities in but not control=10

11)....We can wrap this up right about here. I think we get the idea...

Conclusion: Oh man where to start...Well for starters its quite clear looking at the number above who the "MRAs" are. No amount of Fools can deny these charges when you actually take a look at the numbers and how their members contribute. This is a war game and in the end there can be only one who wins(Did you hear that Academies...regardless of your belief that this game is about simming, there actually is a victory and only ONE alliance can achieve it.), not to say that "Coalitions/Academies" do not have a purpose or place in this game because they most definitely do.

But when it is taken to this extreme where we have some Alliances/"Coalitions" that span several Oceans away what advantage does that offer you? Do you really think your alliance is strengthened by having 100+ Players spread so far in so many different Oceans? The farther you spread as an alliance through merges/mass recruitment just further isolates your players to the point they get bored unless you are into just recruiting simmers(which most of these alliances clearly seem they are interested in). Its not a bad thing to be in several Oceans if you conquered your way to it and poached enemy members(Not all of them...) because that means your members expanded into those Oceans and no player is left behind in the core of their alliance.

You guys in Ass think that I have unfairly criticized you and just pick on you guys because why not but that couldn't be farther from the truth. I want to be in a world that is filled with action, rivalries and entertainment because that is what keeps members active/playing.

I come from a much slower world than this one and trust me this game can get very boring once this server gets depopulated. This server with so many players(even though as I saw through the "Records" most of these alliances are racked with inactive/simmers) has some great potential, we have players in so many different Oceans and we could have so many different Independent Alliances each with their own backstory, wars and value to this server. Instead alliance after alliance has these kumbaya policies of befriending/merging/recruiting everything under the sun, which is only killing this server.

Look at the externals there seems to only be one major story and that is work together to kill the Hive(But why if according to some we are a MRA???) and look what that has left us. We barely get any action or commenting on it because its beating a dead horse by most people instead of having multiple different rivalries or stories to keep this place going, this external died quicker than Eta did and that world is watching grass grow.

I could care less what people think of me or my alliance but I don't want the world that will become my main once my other worlds ends be a boring place. This world has too many "Coalition" or multi-alliance brands, we have one Giant Brand to the West and another to the East, with every other alliance in between them trying to emulate them. How many academies/alliances is too much? Apparently no such thing as too much on this world.

For the sake of your people and this server, stop being so scared of fighting your border alliances and don't take in every alliance/player that doesn't want to fight. Trust me in most wars you fight against a border alliance, within a week you will have them wanting to call it quits, it doesn't mean you actually have to.

Players like Fools are completely fine buying gold and mass recruiting everyone they can find because they are in this for the long-term and are completely okay just letting their players quit since they will more than happily enjoy eating their cities. Just look at the numbers to prove it, in an alliance of 99 players(With an academy having another ton of players...) instead of allowing his lesser players to eat those cities and focus his offensive might on his enemies, he gobbles those cities up like skittles and than wonders why most of his alliance are far from any action and getting quite bored.

This server can take my advice or not, it won't bother me one bit but if you leaders actually cared about your peoples than start showing it and stop thinking the point of this game is to make as many friends as possible.

I really do feel for the good players because there a lot of great players stuck in some of these alliances because they started in an ocean too far to join an alliance of their peers. Its a real shame when they have no choice but to quit...

DeletedUser

you bring up a good point... its sad what this world has turned into. i mean within a few months it turned from great action all over the world to the world against The Hive. no real other wars, no disputes, no action (other than against The Hive). this is getting boring...

DeletedUser

you bring up a good point... its sad what this world has turned into. i mean within a few months it turned from great action all over the world to the world against The Hive. no real other wars, no disputes, no action (other than against The Hive). this is getting boring...

I think you have made yourself a target for every alliance.
You keep shouting that you are the best alliance and no other alliance deserves the sun, they all have to stay in your shadow. The game on Upsilon was played and the crown was allready on your head.
And now you act surprised that alliances are targetting you?

"I predict that while there will be more consolidation and alliances coming within reach of The Hive in total points, no alliance will pass them in either Alliance BP or in total points. This alliance has demonstrated a level of excellence unrivaled in Upsilon and no Coalition or alliance will ever threaten its top spot in the rankings."