Troy (US43) Pre-World Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

These settings would literally make my day! I am suspicious of the instant buy though... I think emphasis should be placed on skill, not on wallet.:\

it wont make folks buy more or less. it will be the same. prob just saves your card or something . so ya dont have to punch in all the numbers. when ive bought ive just used paypal. kinda an instant button.

but anyway i like those settings also except prefer unit speed of 2 ... that game speed of three is sweet.
EDIT :
maybe i should have read what the insta buy was instead od guessing ,, lmao.. i dont mind it i think :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4951

Mate, I started a petition to stop this on EN. It got some steam, but I've seen what its based on. Its not looking as bad as originally proposed. But you're entitled to your opinion.

DeletedUser

Inno should come out with a 5 speed hardcore world with no option to spend gold. Pay to get in the world and top alliance splits pot.

DeletedUser

The instant buy benefits both players that invest in Grepolis, and the players that are active. Please keep in mind that only a small percentage of players purchase premium from us, and in order for us to bring more content and a better quality product, we must keep an open mind as to ways to make the revenue to bring our ideas to life. We work very hard and extensively test features to make sure they are balanced before we bring them to our live markets. Our beta community left great feedback about this feature, even the ones that were not happy about it at first.

DeletedUser

How about we do complain?
If we the players come together to show that we hate this idea we might have an effect
Grepolis is turning into any other game, just sucking money. If they cared about their player's experience with it they wouldnt have made the changes they already have. Its becoming a joke. Lets say it as it is, i love this game but now its starting to be built purely around the fact that they want to suck out as much money as possible from its players, putting its good players that dont spend gold, that have been playing for years and years, at massive disadvantages.

Inno is a business and while I'm sure they care about the community, money will always come first (as it should for a business). While I think the instant buying is an unneeded feature, Inno has put quite a bit of time and effort to keep the game balanced enough to remain enjoyable and still give paying users a better experience/use of gold. This world is the first I know of implementing it outside of beta testing, so everyone should see how the pilot run goes before dismissing it as a terrible idea. I always like the challenge of going against the gold spenders anyways :)

DeletedUser3738

"Blah Blah Blah We want cash"
How is this possibly balanced to the players that dont buy gold??
Im sorry if i sound upset but this game was so much better off without these additions
I understand that is a business, good point. But they cant possibly try to tell me that its balanced for both types of players

DeletedUser

Im sorry if i sound upset but this game was so much better off without these additions

I understand that change is a scary concept, however I encourage you to not dismiss the feature until you have actually tried it. I am assuming you haven't. Additionally it does not always cost gold to complete an item. Once it falls below a certain threshold it becomes free to complete. There is a link to the wiki that explains all of this in the announcement. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Please, please, please be speed 3 and unit 3... would make my day/week/whenever this is

DeletedUser

you really complaining that grepolis doesnt make enough money... you only create new content that promotes more gold use (heros for example) you didnt add them to change the game u added them to make more money... this instant buy will ruin the game and promotes spending more money than actually being good at the game... i will not continue to play this game if someone can just spend gold and instant buy a city to 14 k in 2 hours... "it helps more active players" last time i checked spending more gold doesnt mean your more active. gaining battle points everyday and actually earning your city slots is an active player instead of just buying slots with Olympic games... this freemium game is bad enough as is and you guys just keep making it worse and worse and promote gold spending more and more, when will it stop ? how much money do you need before you ruin the integrity of the game??

DeletedUser

I understand that is a business, good point. But they cant possibly try to tell me that its balanced for both types of players

The balancing will always be shifted to premium players in any game that involves paying for an in-game bonus. Otherwise there is no incentive to pay. As Crim mentioned, any opportunity to increase revenue with minimal drawback should be taken. While it can be interpreted as unfair (and certainly is to an extent) for free players, its a price that Inno feels is needed. Again we'll have to see if it is truly as broken as it sounds or if its just a new feature that will grant a slight bonus early on in the game. I definitely see where your concern is coming from though.

DeletedUser

I understand that change is a scary concept, however I encourage you to not dismiss the feature until you have actually tried it. I am assuming you haven't. Additionally it does not always cost gold to complete an item. Once it falls below a certain threshold it becomes free to complete. There is a link to the wiki that explains all of this in the announcement. ;)

We (I) will of course give it a try, but really I am not sure how it can make anything better for non-buyers. But anyways...

DeletedUser

Please, please, please be speed 3 and unit 3... would make my day/week/whenever this is

unit 2 speed but everything else :)

i watched players join CHI and gold them selves right up, but that does not make them players. look at the super goldies BP ranking, lol ... dont get me wrong i myself use some gold but i watch these players and love them. GOLD up that city for me !! hehe

DeletedUser

i mean the amount of gold already being thrown at this game is ridiculous i know people who spend 10k a year on this game... 10k... this new feature RUINS the game i dont need to try it ill tell you right now im not playing with people who can just spend more and more gold and build a 14k city in 1 hour... when will the gold madness stop!

DeletedUser

instant buy.... REALLY inno games... do you guys just sit around and think of ways to ruin the game and make it more friendly for noobs to play and spend cash for gold so you all make more money while ruining the integrity of the game...

this game keeps getting worse and worse and more noob friendly with each update... keep it up and youll loose your dedicated community but who cares as long as you make more profit, right

It will ruin wonders any team that has a bigg spender will break the bank or mommies credit card to win

DeletedUser

you really complaining that grepolis doesnt make enough money... you only create new content that promotes more gold use (heros for example) you didnt add them to change the game u added them to make more money... this instant buy will ruin the game and promotes spending more money than actually being good at the game... i will not continue to play this game if someone can just spend gold and instant buy a city to 14 k in 2 hours... "it helps more active players" last time i checked spending more gold doesnt mean your more active. gaining battle points everyday and actually earning your city slots is an active player instead of just buying slots with Olympic games... this freemium game is bad enough as is and you guys just keep making it worse and worse and promote gold spending more and more, when will it stop ? how much money do you need before you ruin the integrity of the game??

It isn't a complaint about not enough money, however InnoGames is a multinational business with employees in over 20 different countries. Revenue optimization is always a concern for any business large or small. This has been extensively tested for months on other communities, with a minimal drawback to those that choose not to pay for premium features. Ill say it again, I know change is scary, but its not as daunting as its being made out to be.

DeletedUser11708

i mean the amount of gold already being thrown at this game is ridiculous i know people who spend 10k a year on this game... 10k... this new feature RUINS the game i dont need to try it ill tell you right now im not playing with people who can just spend more and more gold and build a 14k city in 1 hour... when will the gold madness stop!

Well, you don't have to play with them. Its your choice to continue playing the game. But I do agree that this sounds like another way to rack in the Cash.

DeletedUser

Let's just try it, and THEN if we don't like it we can complain. :-D

DeletedUser11599

Just like real life, the rich will run the world and the poor will be trampled on.

DeletedUser

Yes the balance will always be in favor of the gold users.... but this has almost no limit as far as this goes. Really disappointing - This might make inno some money... but will definitely be pushing away some seasoned players -- Maybe add Gold as a world option instead of an all inclusive. (( No Gold
smiley_emoticons_ins-auge-stechen.gif
Gold ))

Status
Not open for further replies.