Trash Talk

DeletedUser5827

yep hes got another. Him and staci founded a few down here a while back. They are favorite spots for temple looting. I think someone just got staci's the other day too though. You guys are good players and competition is always welcome. I was just pointing out that when u found a city deep in enemy territory and claim that nobody can ever take it, u may be forced to eat ur words at some point.

DeletedUser3522

Mazda6 and Chris John ... bravest fighters ever. thisisgrepolis

DeletedUser

I think this may just be the most dominate win in Grepolis history. Prediction we get all 7 WW before you get one. Later The Commission Society MRAs never win.

DeletedUser

I think this may just be the most dominate win in Grepolis history. Prediction we get all 7 WW before you get one. Later The Commission Society MRAs never win.

It isn't - If you really think that then you need to experience more worlds and more servers.

It was always likely that unsullied would get all 7 if they played it well and they have always had the leadership to do just that, Having said all that I have been very impressed with the effort in the Commission.

Put it this way - if you can rotate 3 out of the top 4 alliances - then you have a pretty good chance :D

As for MRA - I have seen that come up more frequently recently. Others could call some players in the Unsullied group cowards going for a cheap win - start off with Yuri et all, get some pressure, move to Panic Attack, get some pressure... move to Unsullied..... Great job everyone WE'VE DONE IT - lmao

In a world where it has been boring, seen some rubbish but for the most part it has been played in good spirits - I would be disappointed to see this garbage at the end.

Unsullied came with a small (full group) (I say that after seeing worlds with 3-5 pre-made alliances joining a world together) and had a plan that paid off as soon as PA had their first challenge. In the US server this took a lot of patience and faith - it had long since paid off. If it is Fridels last world for a while then good on him for executing everything as he has.

I have more friends in the Unsullied/Kingsguard group than Commission and if they get all 7 in one go then good on them. I am still more proud in the efforts of newnham, jarrod, heather, mad man, Shorty and others who stuck at it - when outnumbered by a group formed by 50% who jumped at the first sign of any pressure.

This in my opinion has been a fairly dull world but played in the right way. I even get on with Poseidons Trident :eek:

DeletedUser12275

Well look at who we have here hey brett how all bud

DeletedUser

I definitely don't want to downplay any individual efforts on your side because you had a number of strong players that I respect. Here is my argument for what I stated above:

This world had great settings(IMO) and was opened at a time when I believe 5-6 worlds had finished up within a couple months which brought an experience level to this world that I have not seen before. So the playing field was never a bunch of new players and most loyalties were already established going into the world.

Our Ops: Our ops got the strongest consistent results I have seen over the entirety of the world. It is common for ops to dominate at first but that continued to happen throughout.

Defense: With the exception of players that quit with mixed loyalties, players who were not active enough (likely brought from other alliances) the defense was solid here and I saw few city losses when guidelines were followed.

Leadership: The leadership here was consistent in the alliance, never argued, and kept constant communication. Fridel, jbelle and Csteam were definitely the work horses but all leadership had a role that we played throughout the world and had opinions that were heard. We were also approachable by everyone.

To me the dullness of this world at points was something that was a product of our enemies fleeing to upper 44,43,47,57 and 67. Players going on VM at the first sign of a fight.

I personally think an alliance should not be able to build WW with the whole island on VM. That kind of hurts the game in general and should be something inno games should evaluate moving forward.

DeletedUser

I definitely don't want to downplay any individual efforts on your side because you had a number of strong players that I respect. Here is my argument for what I stated above:

This world had great settings(IMO) and was opened at a time when I believe 5-6 worlds had finished up within a couple months which brought an experience level to this world that I have not seen before. So the playing field was never a bunch of new players and most loyalties were already established going into the world.

Our Ops: Our ops got the strongest consistent results I have seen over the entirety of the world. It is common for ops to dominate at first but that continued to happen throughout.

Defense: With the exception of players that quit with mixed loyalties, players who were not active enough (likely brought from other alliances) the defense was solid here and I saw few city losses when guidelines were followed.

Leadership: The leadership here was consistent in the alliance, never argued, and kept constant communication. Fridel, jbelle and Csteam were definitely the work horses but all leadership had a role that we played throughout the world and had opinions that were heard. We were also approachable by everyone.

To me the dullness of this world at points was something that was a product of our enemies fleeing to upper 44,43,47,57 and 67. Players going on VM at the first sign of a fight.

I personally think an alliance should not be able to build WW with the whole island on VM. That kind of hurts the game in general and should be something inno games should evaluate moving forward.

I agree with all of that that I know about. It is funny that I have seen the VM trick for Wonders twice now - neither time has it resulted in a Victory - you need the resources after all.....

I believe we were a little hamstrung by players having RL issues on the build up - it is not a move I would ever try, but in the same regard here - could CS have defended Wonder Islands with the odds as they were and TTs to consider... I don't know.

There has been a long running argument about World Wonders and a hope there will be an alternative end game - but I'll leave that for another week (in case it appears to detract from this World)

I don't have anything negative to say about Unsullied - ok they knew where CS were up to due to a spy, but I have seen far worse than that in other worlds. Only thing I can suggest is to not permit PT to make first contact with any alliance in a world ;)

This did indeed have a very strong roster of players - disappointing that a number left (but that happens in every world). The fact the world seems to have been quite short says to me it wasn't that bad :)

DeletedUser9614

I am never one for harsh talk or chit chatting in general as many of our members and enemies know.

Congrats for a hard fought world to everyone. I should really put together a "Unsullied History" post if I get some time. I think many would be curious to read it.. it'd be a good refresher for me too.

We were very fortunate to get a good group off the bat that carried us. I think we added up like nearly 30-35 of those were still with us at the end which is pretty outstanding. We made our pact with PA and stood by it up until it was time to merge. Scott is a great player who I admire and respect. He helped push that along. Bedlam was another ally we made early and kept true to. I am happy and honored to play with the group I did. It was a group effort all around.

Commission only merged with the MRA towards the end when they really had no other option.. So I would not say that the original commission was a MRA. NC has my respect in every manner. The ones who came over here, I got along with greatly, and the ones who didn't, I would play with in future worlds. My hats are off to them.. just needed a little better diplomacy/leadership and this world could have been very different for that alliance. Commission was really restricted on what it could do being so far out. I think many of there players would fit in well with our group in future worlds as well. Illuminati/Dragons/Assassins/Templars was laughable in itself though.. I will leave that at that.. Very arrogant and a lot of smack talk for very little show.. they recruited their way to the top, and in-actives killed them as what happens with most MRAs. They had a handful of good leaders.. Chris John would be a GREAT addition to a leadership team, but I would not put him in charge of an entire alliance again.

I think this world was pretty wrapped up about halfway to two thirds through, it was just a matter of keeping everyone happy on our end and executing our game plan how we intended to. I am glad the leadership trusted in my direction, and the members trusted our leadership to execute.

I have no ill will towards anyone in this world at all. I am thankful for that, and wish everyone the best moving forward.. whether that be to EN servers or the next US server. There were some very good players in this world and I am honored to come out on top this time.

Feel free to reach out anyone if you plan to move onward! My options are open. My leadership crew will most likely stick together, but we are undecided if we want to lead again, or follow.

Thanks!
-Fri

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Congrats to all the Panic Attacks guys. I was only with you for a short while, but many of you seemed like fantastic players and I wish I had stayed.

Also, congrats to the couple of Unsullied guys I played with on Heraklion. You guys are a good team, and I'm happy to see you get a win here.

Also, +rep Fridel, that was a very classy post and shows some good character.

DeletedUser10363

Speed 3 really gets things cooking.

Already done with wonders... Callen is only halfway through wonders in US 36 and already has his crown from US 39. Pretty crazy time difference.

I hope they come out with another world soon with very similar settings to this one...
smiley_emoticons_hecheln.gif

DeletedUser8463

I really like that alliance No Crowns For Simmers
We got this next world

DeletedUser8491

Mazda6 and Chris John ... bravest fighters ever. thisisgrepolis

Foos- (facepalm)
Mazda6: fighter rank 39
Chris John: fighter rank 1
Foos: fighter rank 107 - and that has only recently gone up as the result of someone else calling you out in another world for being a simmer. All of the sudden, now you are attacking. They achieved those ranks BEFORE wonders, not after when half the world is dead. Hell, I had a pregnancy fraught with complications, followed by a premature delivery, used up almost all my vm days, and I STILL have a better fighter rank than you.

I don't like calling people out. I actually never really even comment on the externals. BUT, to hide behind your alliance's skirt and call these two out is ridiculous. It was a sacrifice for them to give up their vm days for this. But it was necessary because of how much larger your alliance was compared to ours. Those two have seen their share of incoming both on wonder islands in Rho and throughout this world. They don't need to "prove" themselves here.

Diplomacy won this world, foos. Not you.

Separate from all that...

Hats off to Unsullied.
smiley_emoticons_seb_hut5.gif

DeletedUser12333

Foos- (facepalm)
Mazda6: fighter rank 39
Chris John: fighter rank 1
Foos: fighter rank 107 - and that has only recently gone up as the result of someone else calling you out in another world for being a simmer. All of the sudden, now you are attacking. They achieved those ranks BEFORE wonders, not after when half the world is dead. Hell, I had a pregnancy fraught with complications, followed by a premature delivery, used up almost all my vm days, and I STILL have a better fighter rank than you.

I don't like calling people out. I actually never really even comment on the externals. BUT, to hide behind your alliance's skirt and call these two out is ridiculous. It was a sacrifice for them to give up their vm days for this. But it was necessary because of how much larger your alliance was compared to ours. Those two have seen their share of incoming both on wonder islands in Rho and throughout this world. They don't need to "prove" themselves here.

Diplomacy won this world, foos. Not you.

Separate from all that...

Hats off to Unsullied.
smiley_emoticons_seb_hut5.gif

Damn lol, ya mess with me or my sweetheart KING Chris and deal with IP hahaha

congrats to the winners well done, there were some fun times in this world looking forward to the next but I agree the crown needs to be changed, I think every player is going to get a crown in this world lol. should just be the first alliance IMO

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser12333

by the way first post ever on external forums hahah damn I need a life

DeletedUser12324

Haha, This is my first time to write a post as well.

First off, Congrats to Unsullied. The leaders did a great job early on and once the merger with them and Panic Attacks occurred, they locked themselves for the win. Much respect also to Bedlam. Andrew & Co. are true gamers and it was a blast fighting against those guys all year. I have to say I resent the MRA brand. No doubt we were an MRA, but it really was the only method of survival in this world. Unsullied was just as much an MRA...the sign on their page read "Join us for a crown or die"..lol. Great marketing tool for them though.

Again, hats off to those guys. They played a great game.

DeletedUser12333

There is a first time for everything, like that first loving Gaze between you and King Chris......

hahahaha, I still get that Gaze ... it gets stronger every day I look into his eyes, he is a GOD after all lol

I am really glad chris and I were able to work out our issues during our time off with VM