Top 10 alliances!

DeletedUser

I have nothing to do, so I figured I'd update the list as well as I can. Be warned, I am from this world, particularly from the far north so I am biased and my perspective is considerably different from those I've seen on this thread.

1. The Federation- A large alliance that that owns all of the center oceans and a southwestern group of oceans as well as a few far-flung players. Their super alliance covers almost all of the center oceans except for those occupied by the HIVE which many allies of the Federation are at war with. They also have some pacts and involvement in the northwestern oceans probably because that's the one of the last places where any potential threats could come from.

2. The Cornucopia- Despite the overwhelming difference in points between the Cornucopia and the Federation, they are still a potential threat to the Federation and have a super alliance called the Horns of Plenty that owns the majority of the Northwestern oceans. While they are fairly strong on their own, they risk going the way of the HIVE and losing some of their super alliance. They have pacts with a few MRA-ish groups that will likely face organization problems in the future.

3. Blood Oath- Formerly a close Ally of the HIVE, Blood Oath was surrounded by allies for a long time, so, despite all its potential for growth, it never really gained success until the northwestern HIVE collapsed. From there, they grew into a vast empire after quickly consuming the neighboring Cyclonian Wasps and recruiting as many IMPERIVM players as possible. While they have strong players, all these mergers often lead to disorganization and popular unrest, while their players have a good amount of points, they still remain a HIVE-like MRA in my eyes.

4. Sons of Liberty- Part of the Federation super alliance. They are to the Northeast of the Federation. See Federation for more.

5.Crimson Warriors- Long-time enemy of the HIVE in the center oceans. See Federation for more.

6. Nexus- One of the other major alliances in the northwest. They are former HIVE and resulted from a merger of the once-treasonous S.O.O.A. (their name is too long so I call them by their abbreviated name). and the Stingers in ocean 42. They then bean recruiting former INVICTUS players in 43 and soon became a top alliance. I assume this merger was done to simplify organization in the HIVE so they could deal with the Federation super alliance and the recently-formed LOD.

7. The Hornets- They are an Old HIVE member in the south. Now that the northwestern HIVE is gone, the Old HIVE is all that remains of this once-powerful super alliance. While they still have power in the southeast, they have lost a considerable amount of players and can't really comet with the Federation pact group anymore. They will probably continue to shrink or split up and dissolve into neighboring alliances.

8. The Federation Academy- I have to say, even their academy is impressive. For more see Federation.

9. LEGION OF DEATH (I am from this group and know a bit about it so be prepared for a little history lesson)- LOD was an old alliance that existed originally along the axis between O40, O30, O41, and O41, it was a close second to Death Squad in O40 for a long time until they, along with the Knights of Valor, joined Death Squad (the top alliance in O40). Death Squad then joined the HIVE just before this merger and began expanding into O41 and O30. After a long-fought war with SOOA (was HIVE at first and then switched sides), public unrest began to grow, and then, overnight, almost all of the top players had left Death Squad and reformed LOD. SOOA switched sides a few more times and then joined the HIVE in trying to hastily put down this revolt. But LOD survived and grew due to good leadership and organization. They became the last nail in the coffin for northwest HIVE after INVICTUS had dissolved so the northwest HIVE split into Blood Oath (Horns of Plenty), Nexus, and LOD. While LOD was still the underdog in this war for the northwest, it was growing quickly and shared some common enemies with the center ocean alliances, so it formed a pact with many of them. Soon after, the remnants of IMPERIVM joined LOD and they are locked in constant combat with both the Horns of Plenty and Nexus for control of the northwest.

Killer Bees- Wow am I tired. Just go look at the Hornets they are basically the same thing.

If I misunderstood any of the current situation in Delta, feel free to provide your own perspective. This is what I've gathered. Goodbye.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Looks like LEGION OF DEATH is merging into Nexus.

That changes the layout slightly too. LoD is now knocked off the top 10, and Nexus goes up a bit.

DeletedUser

We're not leaving, most of the former IMPERIVM players left, the northern half is still here.

DeletedUser

Yes, the Thracians/Empire/IMPERIVM players have been known to do that. They've switched allegiances at least four times already, and they always pick the wrong one.

In any case, I actually think the Feds and the Horns of Plenty have it better as far as making "superalliances" goes. One of INVICTUS's flaws was that they treated their academies like crap and clearly established them as direct subordinates who had to answer directly to the central government with little say in what was done. At least, that's the impression I get from testimony I've gotten from a lot of their members. As such, the loyalty of ENSIBUS, IMPERIVM, SPARTAN PERMANSIO, etc was worth jack when INVCITUS needed them the most. After everything INVICTUS promised, they never made much, if any effort to help out their academies.

The Feds and the Horns of Plenty however, operate a bit differently--The Federation doesn't directly control the Sons of Liberty or the Crimson Warriors for instance, and Blood Oath and Blue Sun aren't academies of the Cornucopia by any stretch. There's this popular sentiment going around in Delta of forming unions between alliances where the members are considered partners rather than subordinates--becoming "sister alliances" if you would call it that. Even Silence and all those little groups to the far west have jumped in on this idea and have formed a little group called the "Aegis Coalition." Who knows how long this sentiment will last, but forming these groups seems to be the most effective way to compete right now for the moment. It's actually kind of interesting when you look at it.

DeletedUser

Yeah, if properly controlled, super alliances are very powerful, but most of the LOD people come from the HIVE so we've had kind of a bad experience with super alliances. Of course, even LOD, after being founded on the principles of fighting everyone, has joined a super alliance.

DeletedUser1437

Sons of Liberty and crimson warriors are each down another rank

DeletedUser

Legion of Death is movin' on up once again. It appears we have temporarily stopped at 11th place though. What a shame.

DeletedUser

Nexus joined the Feds, more or less to get some breathing room from all the attacks coming from the Horns of Plenty. It caused something of a stir, but in the end both sides decided to keep to the NAP, leading to a sort of standoff at the moment between the two major superpowers. Granted, the world is far from peaceful at the moment, but from a general standpoint, the dynamic is on the surface, less chaotic than some of the older servers, like say, Gamma.

DeletedUser

I suppose that's how someone from the Horns of Plenty coalition would want to characterize what happened. Nexus had been at war with the Federation coalition for several weeks when Horns joined in attacking because Nexus covers the majority of territory between the two powers and it was a race to see who'd get those cities first. If Nexus went with Horns, the point gap would have been closed between the two sides and Horns would have edged ahead, instead Nexus joining the Feds made the gap even larger in their favor. A side needed to be chosen and in the end it came down to who had the strongest players, most skilled strategies, and the highest levels of honor and integrity in their game tactics.

DeletedUser

If anyone is curious about the state of this world, the Feds decided to go on the offensive, so everyone's at war now. The leaderboard is also slightly different than before with some alliances being absorbed into their neighbors as well.

DeletedUser

More or less. Honestly, it's sort of a relief in some respect. It was kind of boring before, with the majority of the world being in a shaky NAP, waiting for the other side to strike. It's kind of fun to be doing something again.

DeletedUser

Maybe for you. Ever since I started Delta, I've been on constant defensive and on the run. Depends what alliance you find yourself in :D

DeletedUser

Oh, Is see. You're in one of those Silence-aligned groups. Yeah, we've had them as red flags for the longest time, just for lack of anyone else to go after.

Really, all of you Aegis alliances could fit into each other without breaking the alliance limit. You might as well just merge into a single group so you can defend yourselves better.

DeletedUser

Yep. I chose wrong world to start playing Grepolis.

And don't worry about our defense. Its organized well ;)

DeletedUser

what do you think of the top 10 alliances? Post it here!

1. Delta dawn
seems a mra, but they are #1 in fighting.

2. The doom reapers
mra.

3. Enemy
seems like a good alliance if i look at their profile

4. From the ashes
same as #3

5. Illuminati
own alliance

6. Evolve
doesn't really seem like a good alliance to me.

7. Black legion
has potency, but a proflie wouldnt hurt :p

8. The dragonborn
meh

9. Rebels
meh

10. Croak of the battle-toad
could become something

none are in top 10 now :)