TOP 10/12 Sink or Swim

• Thread starter DeletedUser14888
  • Start date

DeletedUser15377

People in MRAs always say they are not in an MRA.

But you are. Face it, you come to a small cap server and immediately pact with a menagerie of other alliances- it doesn't get more MRA than that. While the term MRA implies a lack of skill, it is entirely possible to be a skilled MRA based on the manner in which you acquire allies/members/pacts.

This whole discussion started over whether city point/ ABP ratios were a useful metric, and the whole thing devolved into this because your MRA-ness is the singular topic on which you speak.

So having dug the hole don't complain when you find yourself at the bottom with dirt raining down upon you

And as for butt hurt, you are the one with the whiny, truculent bearing of a small child who go denied grape juice at snack time.

DeletedUser3317

Well, with Bend saying they are not 7 alliances... I find it odd that 6 of the 7 beer alliances all are in Ocean 54/55. I guess that means Bend has NAPs/Pacts with anyone named beer. He should also ask those alliances to change there alliance profile pages that state they are part of the Beer alliance. Either bend does not know much about what is going on in O54/O55 or he is just trying make everyone believe they are not a MRA. But in this very forum (sink or swim) bend did say they are 3 alliances... then later said they are 4 alliances. I would not be surprised if we hear later, that they have 4 alliances and 3 training academies.

Again, Bend... Please stop with the swearing. No need for it. We are poking fun at you. But your posts make that possible because you are doing a lot of double talk. If you just would admit that you are 4 or more alliances, we probably would stop because we have nothing else to talk about. But right now you make it easy for everyone to look into the beer alliances (all 7) and see the ties. It is ok if you admit to being an MRA. It does not change the fact that everyone wants to win this world and is playing to do so;)

DeletedUser15376

I don't see how you count 7 alliances. Beer is only 4 alliances and soon to be 3. The only reason they have 4 right now is because they were kind enough to let my small group of friends and I join after we bounced around in a few alliances before finally finding a good home here. I'm not knocking any other alliance in this world. They all have their strengths and weaknesses, but this one fits my friends and I the best. As soon as a few more inactives get eaten we will be back to 3 strong groups. I really don't see how everyone is counting 7. There are noob alliances that mock our name so that others won't attack them in fear they are attacking us. Just because they have beer in their name, or have a beer related name, doesn't make them part of this alliance.

DeletedUser9276

Well, with Bend saying they are not 7 alliances... I find it odd that 6 of the 7 beer alliances all are in Ocean 54/55. I guess that means Bend has NAPs/Pacts with anyone named beer. He should also ask those alliances to change there alliance profile pages that state they are part of the Beer alliance. Either bend does not know much about what is going on in O54/O55 or he is just trying make everyone believe they are not a MRA. But in this very forum (sink or swim) bend did say they are 3 alliances... then later said they are 4 alliances. I would not be surprised if we hear later, that they have 4 alliances and 3 training academies.

Again, Bend... Please stop with the swearing. No need for it. We are poking fun at you. But your posts make that possible because you are doing a lot of double talk. If you just would admit that you are 4 or more alliances, we probably would stop because we have nothing else to talk about. But right now you make it easy for everyone to look into the beer alliances (all 7) and see the ties. It is ok if you admit to being an MRA. It does not change the fact that everyone wants to win this world and is playing to do so;)
Seriously mate, how stupid are you. Its obvious to anyone with a brain which three alliances are nor part of our group and just have the same name.

I quite frankly dont care what their profiles say. We have 4 alliances right now, one is a temporary that as blitz said was created to bring in him and his friends. As spots open up in the main 3 alliances they will fill into those positions. Before the end of January we will be back down to 3 alliances and STILL destroying the rest of the server. that will leave us with a total of 105 players vs the entire server. If this wasnt a small alliance cap server no one would say anything about. I have yet to play a small cap server where the good alliances didnt have branches, but by all means Thresher point me in the direction of a server where its a cap of 40 or less and the top alliance didnt have branches or at least two pacts.

DeletedUser3317

Ok, so now the number is 4 again? Earlier in this forum, Bend said that there were 3 alliances that made up beer. The next day (this was not even a week ago) said your alliance is made up of 4. Lets not forget that you just mentioned your alliance was created because there was not enough room. But you had players from another alliance uncle buck, savage, silent taker, hobbitt only to name a few join beer coalition a couple of weeks ago. So, what is it? We now get that bend was wrong about his alliance a couple of days ago when he said beer is only 3 alliances. I do not know if bend is a leader or not to know this information.

Now we have you saying there are 4 beer alliances. Your 4th alliance being the waiting list, even though ( i just listed a few) players from another alliance coming over that were not on a waiting list with another beer alliance. Lets not forget that 6 of the 7 beer alliances are in O55/O54. which is in you 3 beer alliance oceans. I find that to be one heck of a coincidence to have that many beer alliances in one area and not be linked even though the alliance profiles say they are. That should upset you guys to have neighbors using your name. But yet you do nothing about it? Then you expect people to believe bend who one min says 3 then 4, and you who says that it is 4, because the 4th is the waiting list alliance...yet you have players come from other alliances not from your waiting list to join beer?

It's your guys posts and the way your alliance is set up to allow other alliances in your oceans to use your name (by your own admission) that has everyone believing you guys are an MRA. There is just too much confusion with your post, bends posts, your alliance oceans set up, recruiting outside your alliance, friends coming in to set up a waiting list alliance (which is partially the point of a MRA), etc etc.

So, you have to see why people are calling you guys an MRA, right? Perception is reality here.

DeletedUser3317

Again, with the name calling. Come on bend. I never have to swear or call people names. No need to keep calling everyone stupid. I know your last post was directed at me, but you keep calling others in this forum stupid too. No need for that.

But you did bring up a interesting subject. Everyone knows what you are saying about having more then 1 alliance. With such a small cap, you need more then 1 alliance to survive. The days of winning a world with one alliance ended a long time ago. But, this world is small enough and obviously not growing well at all. Ocean 56 is like the edge of the world. It is at best 1/3 filled after 6 weeks. And there are a lot of ghosts/inactives in this world. According to grepo stats this world only has 4k players that have logged in at least once or created an account for the last 4 weeks. That is not good when the world currently has a total of 10,216 accounts. This means that 70-75%% of the accounts in this world will start ghosting in the next 2-4 weeks. The only thing that bothers me about MRAs is that with this world being so small with such a small cap and not having many players join, you will see this world become more about attrition, not playing. It will be about players sitting around and not doing much of anything. Because of MRAs the world will be even smaller, players in the MRA will leave for a new world, and people joining in the world will leave and not come back because what is the point. As far as they see it Grepo became more of a click then a battlefield.

Dont get me wrong, I hope to see the end of this world... But, that depends on how this world goes. Right now this world is not growing well, Not much BP is happening in this world right now. I do not know when this world opened. I joined a 2-3 weeks ago and I am already ranked 130. Without spending any money except on admin. Wonders is about 16 months off into the future. Granted it will be cut down over time to come sooner. But this world looks to be in trouble early. This will be a long world.

DeletedUser3317

Granted I do like the rule change in this world where you cannot do rotations with alliances come wonders. The days of rotating players to fill wonders is over. Now, when wonders is activated you have to wait 72hrs before you can send resources. This will favor smaller alliances. But we will have to wait and see how that works out now. This is the first world where i will have to play by that rule.

DeletedUser15376

"But you had players from another alliance uncle buck, savage, silent taker, hobbitt only to name a few join beer coalition a couple of weeks ago."

Those guys have been in Beer since the start of the world lol. Where do you get your intel from? The only new members to join beer are me and a handful of others. There are only 4 alliances. We have 0 pacts. None, Notta, zilch. All the rest of the server is pacted to one another minus a few alliances on the rim. It's the biggest hug fest ive ever seen in my life. One of the reasons we joined here. Ive never been a fan of pacts. 1 is ok if it's a good one with an alliance that contributes to both our causes, but even then it shouldn't last till the end. We cannot control what other alliances call themselves. It's not our fault that others want to mock or copy our name. The only alliances that we have are Cheer for Beer, Play For beer, Beer For keeps, and Beer Bellies. That's it. No others. So anything other than those 4 alliances is NOT US. If that's too hard to understand then I don;t really know what to tell you guys. Maybe worry more about playing the game, than worrying about how many alliances another group has.

DeletedUser3317

Gerpointel website is where that information came from. I believe it said they came over the first week of December. I think this world started mid November. Its not hard to hear what you are saying. But that is not what others believe. Me included. It is just how it looks.

to be honest i enjoy talking about this because bend is so insecure about it. The guy swears and calls people names because it is so important to him. Especially since his posts contradicted his other posts. He just makes it too easy.

I just hope this world finishes. If this world makes it, great! I will stick around for a while and see how things go. If this world get boring or lame or gets that dang red bar... I will move on. As bend put it in another forum, Grepolis is dying.

DeletedUser9276

"But you had players from another alliance uncle buck, savage, silent taker, hobbitt only to name a few join beer coalition a couple of weeks ago."

Those guys have been in Beer since the start of the world lol. Where do you get your intel from? The only new members to join beer are me and a handful of others. There are only 4 alliances. We have 0 pacts. None, Notta, zilch. All the rest of the server is pacted to one another minus a few alliances on the rim. It's the biggest hug fest ive ever seen in my life. One of the reasons we joined here. Ive never been a fan of pacts. 1 is ok if it's a good one with an alliance that contributes to both our causes, but even then it shouldn't last till the end. We cannot control what other alliances call themselves. It's not our fault that others want to mock or copy our name. The only alliances that we have are Cheer for Beer, Play For beer, Beer For keeps, and Beer Bellies. That's it. No others. So anything other than those 4 alliances is NOT US. If that's too hard to understand then I don;t really know what to tell you guys. Maybe worry more about playing the game, than worrying about how many alliances another group has.
haha this guy is clueless man. I about died laughing when he said UB just recently joined us.

FYI for the know nothings here (Skrewball) UB is a founder of Play for Beer. Hobbitt and Silent were here from the start as well. Believe savage joined us a few days after BP ended or maybe it was before. Your showing your ass mate.

PS, omg just noticed what crappy alliance this guy is in. Doesn't even know the history of his own alliance or how long they have been around. What a sad little man talking out of his ass.

DeletedUser3317

Geeze bend, you crack me up. You are just too easy. While i believe you are a MRA, like others do too in this world, you make it so easy to work you up. Remember a few posts ago I said it does not matter if you and/or others, are or are not an MRA. It is your strategy that you hope wins the world. But, you need a women bud. You have way too much stress in you life and/or to allow a game to be this important to you is not healthy. LOL! Come on man! you mean to tell me you could not figure out over the last however many days (maybe a week) I have been having fun with you? You even talked about leaving the forum and stop posting (Classic by the way). I knew I could have fun with you the moment you got defensive and I told you "i take back my apology". That was when i knew you were hooked. You are your own worst enemy though bud, you contradicted yourself in the forums a couple of times. Those posts made it easy for me to have a little fun with you.

Man, these forums use to be fun. Now, no one posts anymore. I wonder if it is because people get so easily wound up like Bend and stress out (never to come back), if the worlds are just getting that slow now that no one posts anymore or if it is because of people dont like it when others toy with them to see what kind of person/player they are. Who knows. Geeze bend, look at my name. You could not tell i was skrewing with you (Pun, LOL!). Bend, have fun playing the game. you are in a good alliance. They will take care of you. Right now you are on top, but not many alliances stay on top all the way until wonders. Be careful how many people you call "stupid" or pick on. you are not exactly Mr. Confidence. At some point everyone needs pact or NAPs. It is just a fact. Diplomacy is a very important part of the game. Especially if this is the 1st world where they impose the 72hr cooling period for player rotations in alliances come wonders. I think that will make worlds a little more interesting. Or at least I think it will.

Anyway, no hard feelings guys. Lets have fun playing the game. Unless your bend.... He is very serious ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9276

Geeze bend, you crack me up. You are just too easy. While i believe you are a MRA, like others do too in this world, you make it so easy to work you up. Remember a few posts ago I said it does not matter if you and/or others, are or are not an MRA. It is your strategy that you hope wins the world. But, you need a women bud. You have way too much stress in you life and/or to allow a game to be this important to you is not healthy. LOL! Come on man! you mean to tell me you could not figure out over the last however many days (maybe a week) I have been having fun with you? You even talked about leaving the forum and stop posting (Classic by the way). I knew I could have fun with you the moment you got defensive and I told you "i take back my apology". That was when i knew you were hooked. You are your own worst enemy though bud, you contradicted yourself in the forums a couple of times. Those posts made it easy for me to have a little fun with you.

Man, these forums use to be fun. Now, no one posts anymore. I wonder if it is because people get so easily wound up like Bend and stress out (never to come back), if the worlds are just getting that slow now that no one posts anymore or if it is because of people dont like it when others toy with them to see what kind of person/player they are. Who knows. Geeze bend, look at my name. You could not tell i was skrewing with you (Pun, LOL!). Bend, have fun playing the game. you are in a good alliance. They will take care of you. Right now you are on top, but not many alliances stay on top all the way until wonders. Be careful how many people you call "stupid" or pick on. you are not exactly Mr. Confidence. At some point everyone needs pact or NAPs. It is just a fact. Diplomacy is a very important part of the game. Especially if this is the 1st world where they impose the 72hr cooling period for player rotations in alliances come wonders. I think that will make worlds a little more interesting. Or at least I think it will.

Anyway, no hard feelings guys. Lets have fun playing the game. Unless your bend.... He is very serious ;-)
You are the one worked up mate. All you post about on these forums is Bend. Its ok if you have a crush, join the club.

Anyway mate I saw you are in 56, come up to 55 man and we can settle this. Until then have fun yapping on the forums.

DeletedUser3317

WOW! Bend, nothing gets by you. You are just to smart for everyone. I mean... I even tell you the posts were to get you worked up. And to have you comeback with a comment saying "all your posts are about me". just shows how sharp you are. I am impressed. ROTFLMAO!

I picked on you because you were calling everyone "stupid", swearing and dropping the F-bomb at everyone and thing that disagreed with you. It was easy to pick on you because a person that calls people names and swears all the time is usually pretty insecure. As we saw, just the mention of the world MRA had you blow a gasket. You are so ignorant you did not realize i was toying with you, and so arrogant you still think you are the smartest person in the room after being poked fun at.

You need to relax Bend.... your going to have high BP and suffer a heart-attack by the time you learn to drive.

DeletedUser9276

Cute post Skrewball. As I said feel free to come find me in game.

DeletedUser10111

WOW! Bend, nothing gets by you. You are just to smart for everyone. I mean... I even tell you the posts were to get you worked up. And to have you comeback with a comment saying "all your posts are about me". just shows how sharp you are. I am impressed. ROTFLMAO!

I picked on you because you were calling everyone "stupid", swearing and dropping the F-bomb at everyone and thing that disagreed with you. It was easy to pick on you because a person that calls people names and swears all the time is usually pretty insecure. As we saw, just the mention of the world MRA had you blow a gasket. You are so ignorant you did not realize i was toying with you, and so arrogant you still think you are the smartest person in the room after being poked fun at.

You need to relax Bend.... your going to have high BP and suffer a heart-attack by the time you learn to drive.
Your spamming the sink or swim when you should be having this out in trashtalk. Why not either contribute to this thread or get off it.

DeletedUser14888

I don't expect a lot more players joining this world. My understanding is that this world had a limited player capacity and filled up in the first couple weeks and has been closed. That is why Paros was opened so much sooner than usual. I will agree with Bend we have 3 mains and 1 holding academy but should be back down to 3 very soon. I do find it interesting that we are considered a MRA. Badgers, Cats, Access and a couple others had 4 full alliances and were pacted together on top of that. One player told me he was surrounded by either green or scary and it was limiting what he could take.

DeletedUser9276

I don't expect a lot more players joining this world. My understanding is that this world had a limited player capacity and filled up in the first couple weeks and has been closed. That is why Paros was opened so much sooner than usual. I will agree with Bend we have 3 mains and 1 holding academy but should be back down to 3 very soon. I do find it interesting that we are considered a MRA. Badgers, Cats, Access and a couple others had 4 full alliances and were pacted together on top of that. One player told me he was surrounded by either green or scary and it was limiting what he could take.
Honestly this is why alot of enemy players asked to join us. Not the only reason, but this was definitely a big factor.

DeletedUser10111

Ok here is my attempt to put this thread back on track. This is how I view things from my very limited knowledge. To sum this up short if your not drinking Beer your part of the Zoo. How we like or animal names these days. So here we go.

#1. Play for Beer: Good core and has shown they work well together. Swim

#2. Beer Bellies: As with the the entire Beer Co. They charge to much for both Beer and their cities. Swim

#3. Beer for Keeps: With the new rules for rotation at wonders I have heard about at the end of the music someone will be left without a chair. Sink ( note many quality players here will be absorbed into other groups. )

#4. Meow: My own so claiming Bias here.

#5. Fur Balls: Who does not love a cute little fur ball? Will being cute be enough? Float

#6. Honey Badger.. : Vicious be nature the Honey Badger is a force to be dealt with. Here though? Float

#7. 9 Lives: Sister to Meow and friends so again claiming Biased.

#8. Honey Badgers. : Ok a few names here I know from other servers. Best hope here for the Badgers overall. swim

#9. Scurvy Dogs: Hmm these guys make me wonder. Know some of the names. Swim

#10. Kitty Call: My own here but i think at some time they will be absorbed into just 2 branches. Sink

#11. Rim Rats: I smell a EN rat or a dozen here. Watch them sitting on the rim. Swim

#12. Cheer For Beer: Several former Kitties here. This is the kiddie section until they are old enough to drink beer. so a Sink since they are temp and waiting to be absorbed.

So this is my opinion and seeing how new the world still is I will enjoy looking back in a year and seeing how wrong I was. Please I invite you to try and come up with your own sink or swim.

DeletedUser9276

Ok here is my attempt to put this thread back on track. This is how I view things from my very limited knowledge. To sum this up short if your not drinking Beer your part of the Zoo. How we like or animal names these days. So here we go.

#1. Play for Beer: Good core and has shown they work well together. Swim

#2. Beer Bellies: As with the the entire Beer Co. They charge to much for both Beer and their cities. Swim

#3. Beer for Keeps: With the new rules for rotation at wonders I have heard about at the end of the music someone will be left without a chair. Sink ( note many quality players here will be absorbed into other groups. )

#4. Meow: My own so claiming Bias here.

#5. Fur Balls: Who does not love a cute little fur ball? Will being cute be enough? Float

#6. Honey Badger.. : Vicious be nature the Honey Badger is a force to be dealt with. Here though? Float

#7. 9 Lives: Sister to Meow and friends so again claiming Biased.

#8. Honey Badgers. : Ok a few names here I know from other servers. Best hope here for the Badgers overall. swim

#9. Scurvy Dogs: Hmm these guys make me wonder. Know some of the names. Swim

#10. Kitty Call: My own here but i think at some time they will be absorbed into just 2 branches. Sink

#11. Rim Rats: I smell a EN rat or a dozen here. Watch them sitting on the rim. Swim

#12. Cheer For Beer: Several former Kitties here. This is the kiddie section until they are old enough to drink beer. so a Sink since they are temp and waiting to be absorbed.

So this is my opinion and seeing how new the world still is I will enjoy looking back in a year and seeing how wrong I was. Please I invite you to try and come up with your own sink or swim.
Good update, as for the Beer Bellies and rotating in for crowns, there is many of us who dont care about/want a crown, me being one of them, who will let other players have our spot in the "crown alliance" so to say.

DeletedUser14770

wow this is a measuring competition if ive ever seen one
smiley_emoticons_grepo_pacman.gif
haha everyone have whisky enjoy peace time and in about 30 hrs letts gett this show on the road - no point talking about who is the best letts all just beat the crap outta each other untill we find out ,, FROM the rim have a happy NEW YEAR :D
smiley_emoticons_mttao_schuetze.gif