8 Hour conquest time???????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Oh, CONGRATS to you and ONE on winning Delphi! I just saw that in the En forums. :)

I have to say I'm more favorable to revolt worlds, though conquest does move things along a bit more quickly. I can certainly imagine how the time change between differing speeds with conquest are a shock. Right before Gamma opened, I was informed that conquest for the speed 3 worlds has a window of eight hours and even I was surprised, to be honest.

lol I guess that is what comes from playing revolt for so long on my end. My first world was a conquest world and I had began late in that world as well, which you know sets you back and makes it difficult to catch up with those who were there the moment it opened.

yeah a shock all right, am considering waiting for a new high speed "revolt", like I posted earlier here, the city next to me is 11m23s by cs, so if you are off line for 8h11m24s you loose everything....wow, glad I held back on gold usage, am waiting to see what comp is offered

DeletedUser

yeah a shock all right, am considering waiting for a new high speed "revolt", like I posted earlier here, the city next to me is 11m23s by cs, so if you are off line for 8h11m24s you loose everything....wow, glad I held back on gold usage, am waiting to see what comp is offered

Did anyone here ever play sigma? That was a speed 3 conquest, and yes it also took 8 hrs to take a city. Conquest, unlike revolt, does not have a 24 hr time. Revolt never changes from 12 hrs and then 12 hrs more, where conquest is based on the speed. I would read further into the rules and check on past worlds if I were you to see. I have played in a speed 1 conquest (heraklion) and it took 24 hrs to conquest, also played a speed 2 conquest and the speed was 12 hrs for conquest.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I found this under the players guide for all of you who are confused:

Types of Worlds
Right now, there are two main setting differences for a world. A world can be either Revolt, or it can be Conquest.

Conquest: In a conquest world, you have to send an attack with a Colony Ship to a city and have it land successfully, without the Colony Ship dying. Now, a timer starts where you have to defend the city you landed the CS in. The timer is 24 hours divided by the world speed. In this time, the enemy will have time to attack his city in an attempt to destroy the Colony Ship. It will be destroyed if either all land troops are destroyed, or all naval defenses are destroyed. If you successfully hold the CS in the harbor for the allotted time, you conquer the city. For more information, please view the Conquest section of the wiki.

Revolt: Revolt worlds are a bit simpler. The first step is to launch a revolt attack at another city. If it hits and lives, a revolt timer will be added to the city. The timer lasts 12 hours. After this timer ends, you have 12 hours to have another Colony Ship attack successfully land at the city. If it does, the city is immediately conquered. For more information, please view the Revolt section of the wiki.

DeletedUser

I'm most certainly waiting on a speed 3/revolt world to open. Either here or on the EN servers. I am currently simming a city over in Pella, mostly to keep my name active on the EN. They should have a speed 3 opening soon there for the 3rd gen worlds. At least I hope. I'll stay with Gamma, though, as we've never seen a speed 3/unit speed 3 world on the En servers and I really like the challenge.

DeletedUser

Did anyone here ever play sigma? That was a speed 3 conquest, and yes it also took 8 hrs to take a city. Conquest, unlike revolt, does not have a 24 hr time. Revolt never changes from 12 hrs and then 12 hrs more, where conquest is based on the speed. I would read further into the rules and check on past worlds if I were you to see. I have played in a speed 1 conquest (heraklion) and it took 24 hrs to conquest, also played a speed 2 conquest (forget the world) and I believe that was a 16hr conquest.

Hi, Grepofan! I think it's 12 hours for conquest in the speed 2 worlds, isn't it?

DeletedUser

It seems this has been answered. Anyone have any other questions about this? Otherwise I will close the thread.

DeletedUser

One more thing; How come the revolt time is not different?
Since you are here do you have a answer?

DeletedUser

Not exactly sure how to answer this without coming off as a smarty pants. That's just how the revolt system is made. I am sorry, I don't mean to sound that way though. :(

DeletedUser

One more thing; How come the revolt time is not different?
Since you are here do you have a answer?

Lol if revolt was speed 1 then you'd give the enemy 24hrs to stack. Speed 3 wouldn't give enough warning and you wouldn't be able to defend yourself (cba explaining how this is different to 8hr conquest)

DeletedUser

Lol if revolt was speed 1 then you'd give the enemy 24hrs to stack. Speed 3 wouldn't give enough warning and you wouldn't be able to defend yourself (cba explaining how this is different to 8hr conquest)

That's not much of a reason as the same thing applies to conquest. You would give the enemy 24 hrs to break the siege (speed1) or we are not getting very much time at all right now.

DeletedUser

Did you read the bit in the brackets where it says I cba explaining the reasons? Play both types for a few weeks/months and you'll realize why.

Conquest = straight into fighting. Revolt = time to stack.

DeletedUser

Did you read the bit in the brackets where it says I cba explaining the reasons? Play both types for a few weeks/months and you'll realize why.

Conquest = straight into fighting. Revolt = time to stack.

It would be easier if you had quoted it... i have no idea what bracket's you are talking about.

DeletedUser

During the conquer

There will be a 24 hour period after your C-Ship successfully lands that you will be vulnerable to attack. If an attack on the city manages to kill either all of your land or all of your navy, then your Colony Ship will be destroyed, the conquer broken, and your remaining troops will come home. These are the exact rules nothing about divided by server time.

DeletedUser

Those aren't the exact rules. That's a quote from the wiki. Which, btw, apparently needs to be fixed. The exact rules are 24h/world speed for the duration of the conquest. While the wiki is indeed a great source of information, sometimes little errors like this exist.

Trust the players, not the wiki.

DeletedUser

I think we should petition for the same thing on revolt worlds. 8hr revolt sounds great to me.

DeletedUser

Can you copy and paste that rule then plz and say where you got it from?

DeletedUser

That's not the rules!!!!!!!!!!! That's a players quote, where in the rules does it say this?

Status
Not open for further replies.