8 Hour conquest time???????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

The Wiki is not perfect. You are much better off listening to experienced layers like Zenima said.
I am not even sure what the point is you are trying to make. Your member lost a city and no matter how much you argue that you did not know the rules, it happened.

DeletedUser

It happened because the rules are wrong,How can you play a game when the rules are wrong?

DeletedUser

It may not be the rules but it is a precedent of what a speed 3 world conquest is like. Do some research and check the forums of other speed 3 worlds and you'll get the same thing. Stop complaining and adapt. If you refuse to accept how speed 3 worlds are played then just quit.

Players have already posted here time and again stating this fact. If you refuse to believe then do your own research and stop relying on being spoon fed everything, do your own research!!

DeletedUser

'It may not be the rules' Johny go back to school little boy you missed a big part of your education. Tell your spy we're close to catching him and don't do you're usual of talking out your **** your leader admited it.

DeletedUser

'It may not be the rules' Johny go back to school little boy you missed a big part of your education. Tell your spy we're close to catching him and don't do you're usual of talking out your **** your leader admited it.

:D You are clearly misinformed. BCC does not employ spies in any manner and we do not appreciate the suggestion that we would. If you are angry we took a city from your member then do some talking on the battlefield and quit insulting us n the forums.

This thread is titled:"8 Hour conquest time???????????" is it not? We have answered all your questions and you have made nothing but insults at every turn.

DeletedUser

Melk, grow up and show some dignity. It's quite apparent you have never played this game before and most certainly not on the En servers or you would not be whining and complaining, casting such aspersions upon another alliance in regards to any spies.

Only a newcomer to this game would be complaining of such things as they have never experienced the EN servers to play conquest or revolt there on the differing speed worlds to know that conquest times change depending upon the speed world being played. You are stomping your feet and throwing a temper tantrum worthy of an undisciplined child. No. Actually, I've seen better behavior from children. Inno is not going to change the way they've done things since the implementation of this game just for YOU and those who have grown up in the era of "Everybody gets on the team, everybody gets a trophy." Want to cast doubts on someone's education? Perhaps you should be looking to your own, for any can most certainly see your's is rather lacking, not only in the mainstream but as well in social etiquette as to how to comport yourself properly in the face of good sportsmanship.

In other words. You lost two cities. Get over it. Rather than throwing a temper tantrum and running your mouth in the externals do something about it in-game. This is Grepolis. It's a war game. Get with the game plan or push away from your computer and go do something far more constructive than coming to the externals and proving to the world your vast lack of maturity.

It has been explained to you, shown to you, several times as to the differing time allowances for conquest in worlds of all speeds. Twenty-four hours divided by world speed. Since you cannot seem to do the math, 24 divided by 3 is 8. So, eight hours conquest time for speed 3.

As for spies, that is something only those who HAVE to have that upper edge would employ. Spies are for those alliances who know they can't best another alliance fairly and so they have to get someone inside in order to give them intel as to the inner workings of their enemy. Seems to me, since you are the one finger pointing that perhaps other alliances should be looking to you and your alliance when it comes to such underhanded tactics.

**and just an added note. BCC doesn't lower themselves to the use of spies or underhanded tactics which you have loved to accuse us of doing. Using a spy would indicate we are afraid of or worried about you.

Surprise surprise... We're not.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Goodness, seems I have missed an interesting topic :eek:

Speed 3 conquest is tough. Lets face it, unless you are in relatively safe turf a short range CS can rim you. In the starting stages you need to employ more caution. If you are a regular person who sleeps 8+ hours daily and are under constant attacks you are going to have a bad time unless you have a proper alliance.

The point is, there are ways to defend a city even if your mate is offline. Tripwires will only do so much. If you tripwire is killed, and you want to check for a CS, send a probing attack to see if the city is under siege. Time a tripwire to land just a few seconds after your probe. This grantees you don't leave a huge gap between the 20+ minutes it might take to attack your mate, plus another 20+ for the trip to arrive.

Sometimes other alliances are simply superior, and your ammount of prep work and commitment may not stack up to theirs.

DeletedUser

so here's the deal. Gerrard13100 just messaged me asking for our alliance info. Allies, Leaders, Founders, Enemies etc. The only reason he could want that info is to attack our alliance. I suspect his hostilities are in regards to my activity on the forums, which means Blue Collar Criminals have a way to see our forums. Could be hacking, could be spies. Either way, im sorry for bringing this on all of you.

DeletedUser535

so here's the deal. Gerrard13100 just messaged me asking for our alliance info. Allies, Leaders, Founders, Enemies etc. The only reason he could want that info is to attack our alliance. I suspect his hostilities are in regards to my activity on the forums, which means Blue Collar Criminals have a way to see our forums. Could be hacking, could be spies. Either way, im sorry for bringing this on all of you.

Yes, one of your members came running to me offering to provide me with information about your alliance in exchange for protection.. So, I thought... Why not?

How loyal and dedicated are your members again? Say what?

Also yh i asked you for allies, leaders, founder.. bla bla bla.. only to troll you, and it was funny how your leader over reacted and ordered all your members to build defense in fear. Guess you have bad leaders, which is why your alliance cant even attempt to break a siege.

DeletedUser

@ Melkor

No hacking. Spies most likely. Sometimes it becomes difficult to trust your own alliance as newer or less aggressive players will be frightened being attacked by a bigger player a few times and offer information for protection. It is also very easy to make friends with the enemy, believe it or not. Some players insist on having a spy in all of their enemy alliances. It helps them sleep better at night and that it is ultimately their choice. I see nothing wrong with this, at it is just another tactic. The ethics of it can be discussed at another time. I once had a spy in a world and sure it made things easier for me. I knew if there were plots against me and this was at a time when I was reciving 1-3 colony ships daily sent to my towns.

This went on for about 3 weeks, my affair with constant attacks lasted 6 months. Once my "eyes on the inside" quit grepolis I found myself having more fun. Not knowing was more fun. Sure there were times that I wished I knew what was happening, but the mystery actually made myself prepare a little better, so once the enemy did launch a massive operation 20+ colony ships in one night, they walked away with only 1, while I laughed my way to the bank with loads of bps.

DeletedUser

Melk, have you never once heard of psychological warfare? Messing with someone's mind? Any realization as to what that is? You can put a player on edge, on the defensive...get them to panic if you know how to word things. Might help you in later worlds of this game if you learn it here. Players will troll you, get you frustrated and angry. It's not that they are actually looking for information, though if you give it to them, they will most likely use it against you. You have to look beyond that and read between the lines, see the trolling for what it really is.

Many players will allow you to think there's a spy in your ranks. That puts a wedge in your alliance and makes everyone suspicious of one another. Think about it. You have to have a really good core group you can trust. Otherwise, when those suspicions get thrown in the mix, your alliance will fall apart because of the panic.

According to Gerrard, you have a member who is freely handing out information because he is wanting protection. That's the person you need to be looking for and when you find him or her, rim them to the very core edges of the world. Hunt them down. In my book, the ones who most need to be rimmed are spies (can't stand them, thus why I refuse to use them unless they are the in-game spies provided from the cave), traitors and refugees.

The timing question for conquest has been answered... Now you need to deal with that. What you need to focus on most at the moment is the scaredy cat who is trying to save his city and betraying your members.

DeletedUser

So the 2 cities you've taken so far are from who? Very simple question I'm sure a drama quean like yourself can answer in one sentence.

DeletedUser

Drama queen? Oh, little boy, but I'm not the one who began this thread in the first place crying like a little baby who wasn't allowed to play with his favorite toy. Watch your mouth when talking to me, Melk, as I promise you will not win a battle of wits with me. My last post was giving you advice, not trolling you, so I would suggest you show a little respect.

Of course we took the cities of your alliance. They were close and we wanted them. Again, this is Grepolis. A war game. Can't handle it? Then don't let the door hit you in the rear as you walk away.

DeletedUser575

Melkor, I am not sure what you are fighting for here anyway. Did you really want an extra 16 hours of siege in your cities for us to continue to up the amount of support we had there that you were not even trying to break. Even if you did send attacks at it later in the siege you wouldn't have broken the siege because we would have easily doubled our defensive support in that time. Do you think that we would be so arrogant as to stop sending support after the first few hours of siege had passed? No, I would say that in this case the 8 hour siege worked to your advantage because your players get to start over and rebuilding 16 hours earlier, something I am sure a lot more of your players will be taking advantage of in the near future :p

DeletedUser

Not even one sentence, what a drama quuean.

Is that the best you can do as an insult? Really? Hmm...figures. Should have expected that lack of creativity from one who has the mental capacity of a two year old child.

So here... Let's nip this in the bud, shall we? Put this in your mouth and I'm sure the forums will be much more enjoyable for all.

wpid-funny-baby-pacifier-mute-button.jpg

DeletedUser

To all BCC members:
As MELKOR666 has stayed persistant about many things, couple of which i agree and a couple which i disagree, one thing needs to be remembered. Melkor is a player in our alliance and not a diplomat. His values and oppinions do not necessarily reflect those of the majority of our alliance ;)

I find this site to be more of a joke everyday. What kind of a game would use word of mouth as a good list of rules? The WIKI, which should be the know all of grepolis, is worthless. If it isnt in writting on that site then it shouldnt be so. I never played such an intricate game that didnt have a real list of rules. Theres so many in and outs to this game yet SOOO many holes in the WIKI (which hasnt been touched in forever), its rediculas. To a new person signing up, you have no idea whats going on and dont for like a week. I really dont understand the logic behind the way INNO has this whole thing set up, must be Germans. Judging by the way they make VW's ;) Just Joking

So on that I agree that something should be done and a voice should be heard seeing as how the WIKI isnt clear at all but... I might not agree with being on here starting fights but Im pretty good at it myself when I get heated about something too.

@Lady Arachine - as far as the maturity level goes while on US servers/forums... Welcome to America. People love to exercise their freedome of speach, no matter who it costs.

DeletedUser

lmao, +rep lady A :D
melknor, we are ALL tired of you're pathetic comebacks already, maybe you should back up your mouth, with your skills in the game, that is if you have any :p

DeletedUser

To all BCC members:
As MELKOR666 has stayed persistant about many things, couple of which i agree and a couple which i disagree, one thing needs to be remembered. Melkor is a player in our alliance and not a diplomat. His values and oppinions do not necessarily reflect those of the majority of our alliance ;)

I find this site to be more of a joke everyday. What kind of a game would use word of mouth as a good list of rules? The WIKI, which should be the know all of grepolis, is worthless. If it isnt in writting on that site then it shouldnt be so. I never played such an intricate game that didnt have a real list of rules. Theres so many in and outs to this game yet SOOO many holes in the WIKI (which hasnt been touched in forever), its rediculas. To a new person signing up, you have no idea whats going on and dont for like a week. I really dont understand the logic behind the way INNO has this whole thing set up, must be Germans. Judging by the way they make VW's ;) Just Joking

So on that I agree that something should be done and a voice should be heard seeing as how the WIKI isnt clear at all but... I might not agree with being on here starting fights but Im pretty good at it myself when I get heated about something too.

@Lady Arachine - as far as the maturity level goes while on US servers/forums... Welcome to America. People love to exercise their freedome of speach, no matter who it costs.

Well said, Titanius. I certainly agree with that. Inno does need to update things in order to be more clear as to the in and outs of the game.

And thank you for the welcome, but I am also an American. I know very well the ins and outs of our freedoms. ;)

DeletedUser

I would say that in this case the 8 hour siege worked to your advantage because your players get to start over and rebuilding 16 hours earlier, something I am sure a lot more of your players will be taking advantage of in the near future :p
EEEasy there tiger... eeasssy boy =)

And thank you for the welcome, but I am also an American. I know very well the ins and outs of our freedoms. ;)
Sorry, I assumed because you were coming from the en server but seeing as how over half of the people on that site are American... yea...

Welcome Home!

Status
Not open for further replies.