8 Hour conquest time???????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

A member just lost his city to 'Touch the snake'. This is not right the rules state 24 hours regardless of game speed. So basically if you do something weird like go to work/school or sleep you might log on to find no city.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser535

Conquest

Speed 1 - 24 hours | Speed 2 - 12 Hours | Speed 3 - 8 hours

Revolt

Speed 1- 24 hours | speed 2 - 12 hours | speed 3 - 12 hours (or could all be 12 hours for revolt)

DeletedUser

That is the consequence of playing in a speed 3 world. Your player was active at the time of the conquest and yet only 1 attack was sent. You have only yourself to blame for not preparing well enough. I'm sure there were others who were online at the time also.

Instead of complaining why don't you try and take the city back or something. It's understandable the reasons you gave but if you decided to play in a speed 3 world you better make sure you can handle the constraints that come with it.

DeletedUser

ehhh, my understanding of the game, is that it still takes 24h to conquest, and up to 24h for a revolt, I played revolt x3 and it was the same..can we get some official clarification on this matter

DeletedUser

It says in the rules 24 hours in revolt rules it states speed of server does not effect colonisation. No where does it say conquest servers ruduce in time. I really think there should be a limit on the amount of gold you can buy, your mate has just bought his way to where he is.

DeletedUser

It says in the rules 24 hours in revolt rules it states speed of server does not effect colonisation. No where does it say conquest servers ruduce in time. I really think there should be a limit on the amount of gold you can buy, your mate mr plays with himself has just bought his way to where he is.

That is quite funny, we've barely used any gold to reach where we are and the gold that we have used we earn it through free gold. Don't mistake experience and activity with golding. Only players who can't accept a loss can make such an accusation. Most of the gold I've personally used has been on premium and yet I am higher in ranking compared to you and I barely play.

Like I said, try to do something positive. Try to take back the city or at least attack. Your complaining only makes your alliance look weak. Please do take this in the most constructive way possible.

DeletedUser

i did a quick check, the city next to me is 11m travel for a cs, add 8h to conquer and if you go to school/work or even not on line you can come back to find you have 0 cities....seems very strange

DeletedUser

johny the second part of your name suites you, stop talking bs.

DeletedUser

johny the second part of your name suites you, stop talking bs.

Someones cranky ;)

T-rex, If you have school or other important matters than you simply shouldn't play a speed 3 world. Problem solved.

DeletedUser

Someones cranky ;)

T-rex, If you have school or other important matters than you simply shouldn't play a speed 3 world. Problem solved.

read higher up. I have played a 3 world before, but it was a revolt, there it still took 12h for revolt to start and you then had another 12 to land a cs

tbh though if this is not a bug/glitch i think many players will quit because like i said you could loose a city in 8h11m..thats crazy

DeletedUser535

Conquest is different than Revolt

With Conquest you have to wait 12 hours for the city to be under revolt, or whatever. With Conquest you don't have to, all you need is to put the city under siege, which on a speed 3 world takes 8 hours. You should really research the difference between conquest system and revolt system.

DeletedUser

Interesting that the US forums have such a minute change from the En forums when it comes to players who have the propensity of not only flaming other people in a very personal way such as has been seen here in these recent posts. Really, but there should be some measure of maturity and good-natured sportsmanship when playing any game rather than the childish name-calling and finger-pointing.

It's sad that people forget this is a game. It's not real-life. It's not actually hurting you or your family, your country...or even your pet. It's here for enjoyment, a way to have fun and meet other people, perhaps even to building friendships.

This isn't Evony. It isn't Tribal Wars. This is Grepolis. It's stated in many places, there's even an emoticon for that very phrase. It's a war game. Strategy, skill and most certainly experience play a large factor when it comes to advancing. Many of the players, such as myself, have come from the EN servers and have played this game for quite some time and all of us know the drill. You build, you farm, and you expand...and usually you end up with things such as this where those who lose cities pass along their flaming messages or come to the forums.

There is a factor in the speeds of the worlds which indicates the hourly time of conquest. Not revolt...but conquest. Revolt is always a 24-hour period with the first phase being the stirring of the revolt and the second being the "red revolt" when a CS can land. Usually, I prefer revolt worlds, but I'm highly familiar with conquest worlds as well.

Now, on to the mention of gold. We are allowed to play this game for free only because of those who buy/earn their gold. Inno makes money and we get a good game. There are MANY gold users in Grepolis and yes they do have advantages, however, if you know what you are doing you can grow just as quickly and have the same opportunities as everyone else.

Either way, remember this is a game. That's it. In a few years, none of what takes place here is going to matter. No one outside of Grepolis cares. Just you. People who see your actions on these forums will laugh at you (and believe me, people do) for such outbursts. Just have fun. The best part of this game is how many wonderful people you meet. That is what makes Grepolis worthwhile.

DeletedUser

Conquest is different than Revolt

With Conquest you have to wait 12 hours for the city to be under revolt, or whatever. With Conquest you don't have to, all you need is to put the city under siege, which on a speed 3 world takes 8 hours. You should really research the difference between conquest system and revolt system.

I know the difference, as I have played both type before, how ever as I had only ever played a 3 revolt and not a 3 conquest, I was not aware of the fact that "conquest" times were dependent upon the world speed, I did believe that conquest or revolt took the same time no matter what speed a world was..

further more, when I came back to grepolis, and googled it, I was directed to the US servers and this world (recommended), I was aware it was a 3 world, but was not aware it was US. server, it took awhile to find en worlds, perhaps IG can look into that, as it seems odd that new players are pointed to this world with out realizing what it fully entails

DeletedUser535

How can you have played both types before if you have only ever played a 3 revolt. You would of been aware of the facts if:

A: You played a previous speed 3 conquest such as Kappa from EN Servers or
B: Researched Both conquest and Revolt systems.

DeletedUser

I know the difference, as I have played both type before, how ever as I had only ever played a 3 revolt and not a 3 conquest, I was not aware of the fact that "conquest" times were dependent upon the world speed, I did believe that conquest or revolt took the same time no matter what speed a world was..

further more, when I came back to grepolis, and googled it, I was directed to the US servers and this world (recommended), I was aware it was a 3 world, but was not aware it was US. server, it took awhile to find en worlds, perhaps IG can look into that, as it seems odd that new players are pointed to this world with out realizing what it fully entails

It is pretty odd that way, isn't it? You would think the time for conquest for revolt would also change according to the speed of the world, for example a speed 3 revolt would be 8 hours for blue revolt and 8 hours for red revolt to keep up with the 8 hour time of the conquest specific world.

Have you played a speed 1 before? Those worlds are soooo very slow.

DeletedUser

How can you have played both types before if you have only ever played a 3 revolt. You would of been aware of the facts if:

A: You played a previous speed 3 conquest such as Kappa from EN Servers or
B: Researched Both conquest and Revolt systems.

a quick guide to my past worlds

V1 delta, speed 1 conquest
v1 an other world, played for a few weeks, speed 2 revolt

v2 Byzantium speed 1 revolt
v2 delphi, was in ONE"...speed 3 revolt, and as far as i can recall it took the same time in each world to conquer or revolt

DeletedUser

Yeah Lady Arcahane, wayyyyyyyyyyy back on Delta, so as it was the only 1 world with conquet this new info on conquest being 8h here is a real shock

DeletedUser535

It was 8 hours on all speed 3 conquest worlds, So If you didn't play a previous speed 3 conquest world then you should of researched accurately.

DeletedUser

a quick guide to my past worlds

V1 delta, speed 1 conquest
v1 an other world, played for a few weeks, speed 2 revolt

v2 Byzantium speed 1 revolt
v2 delphi, was in ONE"...speed 3 revolt, and as far as i can recall it took the same time in each world to conquer or revolt

Oh, CONGRATS to you and ONE on winning Delphi! I just saw that in the En forums. :)

I have to say I'm more favorable to revolt worlds, though conquest does move things along a bit more quickly. I can certainly imagine how the time change between differing speeds with conquest are a shock. Right before Gamma opened, I was informed that conquest for the speed 3 worlds has a window of eight hours and even I was surprised, to be honest.

lol I guess that is what comes from playing revolt for so long on my end. My first world was a conquest world and I had began late in that world as well, which you know sets you back and makes it difficult to catch up with those who were there the moment it opened.

Status
Not open for further replies.