Zacynthus Pre-World Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser15687

So....we have two days to figure this out lol, who wants to start where? I intend to start as soon as the world goes live. Southeast is oc 55 where the action never stops, Northeast is ocean 54 which is also a very busy ocean, or we can chill and build in the Northwest 44, or Southwest 45? I think this will be a heavy world, simply because of the slow speed. Gold farmers and the like will join with those who work 70 hours a week like myself, who need a slow world to keep up.

DeletedUser13831

In the US server are playing lots of non Americans (me including). Only fair thing would be if every player could set his own time for Night Bonus in the Settings. Otherwise you will loose all of the non US players because the advantage is too big. I'm for example +6 to NY time and would get very little or non of the coverage of that bonus. I usually wake up at 00, 01 AM server time, so my bonus would start when I wake up!? I know I'll not play this world or any other with fixed Night Bonus.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9073

Shout out to Grepolis for saving me money on buying gold with another slow world not to play lol

DeletedUser9449

Yes starting in 45 which would be south west. Anyone with experience is welcome. If you want to just join and then I'll invite you or I can send links out. Whatever is easier for you.

DeletedUser5074

Whoever is making pre-mades should create a thread on the other forum about plans and stuff like that, I'm looking to join a close group of people with experience and good communication. Haven't been in the center of action since 43 Troy

DeletedUser13931

If this has been answered already, my apologies.

Given Night Bonus (NB), am I correct in the assumption that if a city gets sieged during the NB being active that all siege break attempts suffer the 100% penalty to the attacker?

If this NB applies to a city in siege, you will see players sending CS to land right before NB activates, so figure 00:00:59.

Food for thought.

DeletedUser836

If this has been answered already, my apologies.

Given Night Bonus (NB), am I correct in the assumption that if a city gets sieged during the NB being active that all siege break attempts suffer the 100% penalty to the attacker?

If this NB applies to a city in siege, you will see players sending CS to land right before NB activates, so figure 00:00:59.

Food for thought.

Yes, all siege breaks would be affected by the night bonus.

DeletedUser14648

Night bonus applying to sieges is stupendously idiotic. The entire PURPOSE of a night bonus is to protect players, not make it easier to take their cities. It just goes to show that poor dev understanding of gameplay produces opposite results from what's intended.

I already refuse to play morale worlds due to frequent inability to effectively break sieges and backsnipe. If NB goes into effect on future US worlds as stated, goodbye US servers and the thousands of dollars I put into them.

Bloodtyrant

Peltast
The Night Bonus works in the following way. If you are protected by Night Bonus, it means you get a 100% bonus in defense, so if you have 2000 troops in a city, the defensive value of those troops will be doubled. Good if you have defensive units in your city, but you will still easily lose offensive units such as slingers/horsemen/LS, etc., that do not have a high defense value to begin with.

DeletedUser14648

Ok?

I think everyone here knows exactly what a defense buff does. The only questions are in what scenarios it gets applied and who gets shafted by the answers to that question.

We all know that the best players and teams in this game will find the best ways to utilize game mechanics in unintended fashions if it can give an advantage.

Morale CS drivers, bp leeching, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bloodtyrant

Peltast
I would think and hope it would just apply to cities that are yours, not cities you have in siege. The premise of it all is, "we are attempting to split the time as equally as possible to allow players some peace for sleep". They already had a no attack option in place for which they refused to institute on US servers. This is a silly stop gap measure and people will still attack you when you are trying to sleep, despite NB being active, they will simply have to send a bit more offense.

DeletedUser14648

Please see figtree2's most recent post where he confirms that NB defensive bonuses will assist in holding sieges against siegebreaks.

Yes, all logic and thought behind the purpose of a NB would suggest it shouldn't be active for a city in siege, but apparently it is anyways.

DeletedUser15649

This'll be a fun world to play in/watch, looking forward to see what happens.

DeletedUser15690

I like the concept of a night time disincentive to attacking - the point of the game should be skill, not someone simply monitoring the intel sights to see when you are snoring. However, I hope this concept was given proper consideration. If you are giving an "unlimited" night-time defensive bonus, then you are actually ENCOURAGING nighttime attacks, in that once a city is in siege, the intended benefit of the defensive bonus goes to the person who attacks when the rest of the world is snoring. Please tell me I'm wrong.

DeletedUser10554

Haven't been in oc 55 since Marathon, if you will have a old grepo vet with experience leading, and killing, I'll run with you and see where things go.

what alliance were you in. I started with the beserkers and ended up in fightclub

DeletedUser15357

Hey hey everyone! Sunvaar here. Some of you may know me from Oropos, others from running the Milestones over on Us62 (Thebes). I want to let everyone know that I will be running the Milestones in THIS World as well upon it's opening. For a quick preview of what to expect with these NEW (Updated to fit today's Grepolis gaming) Milestones, head over there!

https://us.forum.grepolis.com/index.php?threads/thebes-external-milestones.11253/

There WILL be slight differences to these milestones though due to the fact that some milestones were obtained VERY easily and VERY quickly. Thus I will make it a little more challenging on those ones.

Please note that the Milestones are a COMMUNITY EVENT meaning if I alone am made responsible for keeping up with it entirely, it WILL fail!! This is meant to be FOR the players, by the players! I am just simply the poster really. So, the more you update the thread (once posted) and keep things honest, the better! I have a very busy schedule with my work and side business so I of course, cannot be on all the time. This is why it's HIGHLY IMPORTANT that the community works together for keeping it true and accurate.

I will also be doing a Newspaper event every month. You can take out ad space, trash talk a certain player or alliance, spread rumors, tell everyone how awesome you are, or just say whatever (within the rules)! There of course will be an updated Top 10 Alliances and Top 10 ABP & DBP alliances section along with current events (like what Oracle posts in its "Tavern Rumors" for example). If you'd like some Ad Space, you can message me about how to do so (No names will be given as to who took out an ad or started the rumor or whatever).

Feel free to message me with any questions! I look forward to seeing how this world plays out!

Status
Not open for further replies.