why should i not conquer a city on my own island?

DeletedUser

im curiose. I was reading the faq and someone said that I would be better off not conquering a city on my own island. I was wondering why is that? I thought it would be a good thing to take over my entire island if possible. any advice would be greatly appreciated

DeletedUser

If you have 2 cities on the same island you only have access to 6-8 farming villages.
If you have cities on 2 islands, you have access to 12-16 farming villages, doubling your farming income.

DeletedUser

thank you I appreciate it. I just thought that it would be to my advantage to have all the citys on my island so I would have less chance of being attacked. I noticed that you have to be a fairly higher level to be able to build enough and of the right kind of ships to conquer and attack a city on another island. so I believe im gonna take your advice and found a second city on another island. and as a matter of fact there are a few islands in my area that has no one on them so I can be the sole controller of it. again thank you for the advice. if you ever need anything you can hit me up with a pm on here. im on everyday sometimes twice a day. im of a lower level but im doing things in a slower way. and for your advice I would be happy to help you in almost any way.

DeletedUser

if I have a second city on another island are the resources available to both citys or just one?

DeletedUser6486

Each city can get the resources on its own island, not sure if I answered your question

DeletedUser7318

thank you I appreciate it. I just thought that it would be to my advantage to have all the citys on my island so I would have less chance of being attacked. I noticed that you have to be a fairly higher level to be able to build enough and of the right kind of ships to conquer and attack a city on another island. so I believe im gonna take your advice and found a second city on another island. and as a matter of fact there are a few islands in my area that has no one on them so I can be the sole controller of it. again thank you for the advice. if you ever need anything you can hit me up with a pm on here. im on everyday sometimes twice a day. im of a lower level but im doing things in a slower way. and for your advice I would be happy to help you in almost any way.

Just a note, if you found a city on an island, you won't have any farming villages. If you take over someone else's city on an island with farming villages, you have access to them.

DeletedUser

Just a note, if you found a city on an island, you won't have any farming villages. If you take over someone else's city on an island with farming villages, you have access to them.
What do you mean? If you found a city, there are farming villages just as well as if you conquered it, and either way, you'd still have to conquer the farming villages one by one

DeletedUser

"if I have a second city on another island are the resources available to both citys or just one?"

A city that has developed its market to level 10 may send resources to any other city. It's called "trade".