Update to V2.93 - Changelog

• Thread starter DeletedUser8378
  • Start date

DeletedUser11339

What if this was a setting that changed per world like unit speed or world speed? Hypothetically, there would be a gold to resource ratio per world. Some worlds would make trading prohibitively expensive, others easy.

Yes, some people would farm gold in one server to prop up another server. However, a little intel would be enough to find and destroy their farming op (farm the defensless farm, then trade for gold before your farmed). Any server that got known as the gold farm server would devolve into a speculative pyramid scheme. It's not a very efficient way to get a gold advantage, I've tried.

DeletedUser

Being a player of the first worlds, i have a very negative attitude against most of the features Innogames introduced or changed in the last two/three years. I could arrange myself with the island quests and even the heroes after playing with them for a while. But i am no fan of all the rest, be it the 6. goddess, rebalancing, instant buy or the gold trading or the newest abbundancy of even more flyers (aka Mantinukes) in events.

And this is the reason, why i am not playing a single world for real now.

But what always annoyed me most, was the changes done to worlds already in progress. If i start a world without the rebalancing, i want to finish it without it. If i were to start a world with the gold trading in the before-2.93 version, i would want to finish the world with this version.

DeletedUser

The changes made to gold trading have gutted the whole feature

DeletedUser4951

TSF: Let's not start this again.

Ace: I never said people who use gold suck. I said that there ARE people who DO stink and use a LOT of gold and because of this "handicap" they appear to be good. Yet when you actually fight them, they're trash.

Course for those who play and do nothing else like TSF here, then it's a different story.

Weird how ya say not to start this then try to fit a jab in. How'd court for threatening another player go btw? Guess pot shouldn't call kettle black.

Though I will grant you that there are a lot of people who gold out and just aren't good/ are disappointing fighters. Dub and Appraxiadaddy come to mind. Either way though modifying a system so that only big users can benefit is bs. The old system at least allowed others to catch up.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13370

the thing that I dont understand it that the changes do not match what was said the changes were to be.

This is copied and pasted from the update message that was sent out under improvements.

- Changed the labels "you get/pay" in own offers tab of the marketplace to "Buyer gets" and "Buyer pays".
- Implemented some adjustments to the marketplace screen:
Changed columns you get, you pay: aligned numbers right (icons stay left aligned)

Changed ratio column: aligned ratios so that the ":" are always underneath each other (so it is easier to see if an offer is positive or negative)

Added quick buy button (green check) right of the arrow button. The arrow button still opens the popup, the green check button accepts the offer like it is.

- Added text-tooltips for:
ratio dropdown: "Set maximum ratio"

delivery time dropdown: "Set maximum delivery time"

quick buy button: " Accept offer now"

- Minimum values of gold trade have been changed: Now you have to make a minimum offer of 50 Gold and 2000 resources.

Its right there it says minimum gold and resources. Any normal person will take this as you could offer 50 gold for 5000 resources. No person in there right mind would pay 50 gold for 2k resources. You are losing money like crazy limiting this option.

DeletedUser13363

My problem with this change rests on the fact that it was done in midstream. It has created an imbalance. Certain players built huge leads that newer players can't hope to achieve now since the costs are so prohibitive, In effect, Grepolis has decided the outcome of the game by this decision. If Grepolis wanted to introduce this change, it should have done so at the beginning of the next world it creates. Each day that this new limitation stays in place, the wider the imbalance grows.

DeletedUser10048

My problem with this change rests on the fact that it was done in midstream. It has created an imbalance. Certain players built huge leads that newer players can't hope to achieve now since the costs are so prohibitive, In effect, Grepolis has decided the outcome of the game by this decision. If Grepolis wanted to introduce this change, it should have done so at the beginning of the next world it creates. Each day that this new limitation stays in place, the wider the imbalance grows.

This is probably the most constructive point made

DeletedUser

It's like there was not a gold trading anymore. It stopped right after this update came active and no one will not give 50 gold for any amount of resources. In US45 we had to give max amount of resources (15000) to get 10 gold. There is no way someone would accept an offer anymore. I would understand this update if there was a way to gain gold without buying. Some time ago there was surveys, but inno took them away and now this gold trading is useless. So there is no way for us to gain gold anymore if we don't buy the gold... Inno needs to do something about this or gold users have even bigger advantage. -.-

DeletedUser

Capitalism is Dead

Here is my most recent support ticket on this subject for your viewing pleasure...

Phid 2015-08-14 12:12:04

The recent change log indicates the following--
"Minimum values of gold trade have been changed: Now you have to make a minimum offer of 50 Gold and 2000 resources."

However, that is not what is actually taking place. Instead, the minimum value of gold is 50, and the maximum resources allowed to trade is 2000. For example, I am not able to trade 15000 rock for 50 gold. I can only trade 0-2000 resources for 50 gold.

Please review this post and advise when the gold trading system will be fixed. Thanks.

TAZ 2015-08-14 16:16:46

Hello Phid,

There was a change to the gold trading implementing a minimum. You can refer to the changelog provided at the link below. Please direct all comments pertaining to this there.

https://forum.us.grepolis.com/showthread.php?9553-Update-to-V2-93-Changelog

Kind Regards,

TAZ
In Game Moderator

Phid 2015-08-14 17:19:01

I am well aware of that. I copied and pasted it above in my original message. Here it is again for your review.

The recent change log indicates the following--
"Minimum values of gold trade have been changed: Now you have to make a minimum offer of 50 Gold and 2000 resources."

What I am trying to explain to you is that either the statement you wrote in the changelog is incorrect, or the trading system is not working properly. Do you agree with this statement?

Again, the minimum value of gold is 50, and the maximum resources allowed to trade is 2000. Emphasis on the word maximum versus minimum. When trading for gold the maximum resources you can spend is 2000. Period. End of story. You can trade 2000 resources for 50 gold. You can trade 2000 resources for 100 gold. You can trade 2000 resources for any amount of gold over 50. However, you can not trade more than 2000 resources for 50 gold. 2000 is the maximum, not the minimum.

Furthermore, you just ruined the in-game economy. As a result, you will make less money. Traditionally, resources were traded at a ratio of 3000 for 10 gold (300:1). Now they can be traded at 2000 for 50 gold (40:1). Resources simply are not worth that much gold.

I give it about 2 weeks until you change it again. I believe that you will come to realize that people like me will no longer buy gold to purchase resources. Enjoy!

DeletedUser10130

I am a little to no gold user. This does not in anyway benefit me. I would not purchase resources for that amount and I would not sell them for that because I would not want to rip off others. This will isolate general players who are not buying large amounts of gold because many of them sell resources to those who do buy large amounts of gold to keep advisers and such active. This was not a wise move.

DeletedUser13366

Admins?

Admins commenting under Rogue accounts will NOT make this issue go away. All the major alliances in my world are Super Angry over this.

I am guessing the admins don't know how to deal with this absolutely INFURIATING ISSUE. I do have a solution to your pain.

1. Put it back to the way it was or;

2. Put up a Quest/Olympics

And I agree with the moderator in one of the previous posts. The update should have been instituted in the next world.

DeletedUser10520

Well I found gold trading the single worst feature in this game (besides WW). This update just makes it that little bit better, hopefully there wont be so many people buying their way to the top with no skill at all now thisisgrepolis

DeletedUser13366

?????

Well I found gold trading the single worst feature in this game (besides WW). This update just makes it that little bit better, hopefully there wont be so many people buying their way to the top with no skill at all now thisisgrepolis

The BEST player I ever saw (without cheats) was a guy living in Japan (he had a spread sheet and had the timer down to a science). The guy was even better than many of the Euros I played with, who overall are excellent players and would destroy my current world.

Even the guy I mentioned in Japan USED GOLD.

I proposed the Quests/Olympics as a way of dealing with the issue until it is fixed. This issue will NOT go Away. My next step is to organize a corporate notification campaign.

Gold is an Advantage. Leave it in or take it out.

DeletedUser

Simple solution - get rid of it altogether - to ensure a fair game experience for all players

and whilst your at it get rid of the instant buy feature which allows players to come out of BP with 10 cities

and seeing as how youre altering the game (to ensure a fair game experience for all players)

get rid of the mini games where you can buy unlimited amounts of nukes etc

Then and only then can Inno start talking about a fair game experience for all players - as stated in the rules!

DeletedUser13366

Admin?

Simple solution - get rid of it altogether - to ensure a fair game experience for all players

and whilst your at it get rid of the instant buy feature which allows players to come out of BP with 10 cities

and seeing as how youre altering the game (to ensure a fair game experience for all players)

get rid of the mini games where you can buy unlimited amounts of nukes etc

Then and only then can Inno start talking about a fair game experience for all players - as stated in the rules!
LMAO....Yet Another person with LESS than 10 posts in years posting Nonsense....LOL...ADMIN?...LOL

Sorry Just a Realist. I agree with Rimmer (the previous post) All or Nothing. Regardless you screwed up my world badly.

Please Fix this. The players come first. Selfless Service will lead you to profits. :)

Google: Selfless Service for businesses..... The TOP businesses in our world swear by it.

DeletedUser10048

-=SiK=- Bigniko

There isnt any hidden Admins, all admins and moderators are clearly visible by the colour change in their name and title along with it.

DeletedUser10111

To gold or not to Gold? I first started out hating the idea of gold trading. Now after playing it for a few months I am no longer so set against it. I both buy gold and trade for it no real secret there. I do find it helps when I can post a trade with gold to my alliance only and help then get what they need. Also look at it this way. No profits for Inno and we have no game. Gold trading adds a new angle to the game. The better players will adjust and other will just leave. Im not going anywhere just because of gold trading. I do wish Inno would put forth as much effort in a new end game as they have been with the gold issue.

DeletedUser13366

-=SiK=- Bigniko

There isnt any hidden Admins, all admins and moderators are clearly visible by the colour change in their name and title along with it.

You misunderstand me. You are saying NOT ONE Admin in all of your realms has a dummy account for posting? I find that highly unlikely.

Please Dispute my comment. You seem like an honest guy and I love that....but this is bigger than you and I.

DeletedUser10048

You misunderstand me. You are saying NOT ONE Admin in all of your realms have a dummy account for posting? I find that highly unlikely.

Please Dispute my comment. You seem like an honest guy and I love that....but this is bigger than you and I.

if you have genuine concerns that person(s) are breaking the FORUM RULES by setting up hoax accounts then you should speak to:

Draqone, Forum Admin

Who can assist you more in your query/complaint.

Please cease from alienating members of this community with accusations that have no grounding.

Regards.