Update to V2.93 - Changelog

• Thread starter DeletedUser8378
  • Start date

DeletedUser8378

Changelog 2.93

Dear Community,

On Wednesday August 12th, 2015, we will update Grepolis to Version 2.93. You may experience a short period of downtime. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause!

Summary

In this update we made changes to the market place according to the community feedback and implemented a minimum value for gold trade offers as well. Of course we also fixed some bugs.

Improvements

- Changed the labels "you get/pay" in own offers tab of the marketplace to "Buyer gets" and "Buyer pays".
- Implemented some adjustments to the marketplace screen:

• Changed columns you get, you pay: aligned numbers right (icons stay left aligned)
  • Changed ratio column: aligned ratios so that the ":" are always underneath each other (so it is easier to see if an offer is positive or negative)
  • Added quick buy button (green check) right of the arrow button. The arrow button still opens the popup, the green check button accepts the offer like it is.
- Added text-tooltips for:
  • ratio dropdown: "Set maximum ratio"
  • delivery time dropdown: "Set maximum delivery time"
  • quick buy button: " Accept offer now"
- Minimum values of gold trade have been changed: Now you have to make a minimum offer of 50 Gold and a maximum 2000 resources.

Bugfixes

- The map moved when clicking city in the attack command window.
- Island quest icons were overlapping farming village icons.
- Wrong tooltip message showed up when trying to trade more resources than offered.
- When dragging a slider out of the box in the market place, the box closed.
- Marked as read didn't delete the notification of messages.
- Accounts with less than 175 points were deleted while being on vacation mode.
- New players weren't distributed evenly over all directions.
- In the profile "grab" or "hand" mouse cursors weren't displayed on the awards in the profile window.
- The layout of the market place was broken if no offers were available.
- Heightened sense shouldn't be displayed to an opponent in fight reports.

Please feel free to share your feedback with us here!

Best regards,
Your Grepolis Team

[gpfooter][/gpfooter]

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

max ressource per trade u can put = 2k (can be lower but not higher)
minimum gold per trade u can put = 50 gold (can be higher but not under 50)

really inno? u telling us to make u rich?.... theres no more free market in the game... every ress will from now on be 2k <---> 50 gold... too bad for those that buy gold... now u cant buy ressource for cheap anymore... muahahahahahaa......

DeletedUser10048

Personally I feel it will make it more balanced for the light to non gold user.

DeletedUser

this is a post i make in the alliance forrum wich will make non gold user a bit more equal to those gold user
another way to gain ressource is trading...
Req:
- have conquered 4 or more farm village (and raise it until u can trade with them)
- have lv 5 or more marketplace
- have time to watch the market movement

how to:
- first u need gold (sell your ressource in the marketplace for it, but make sure u sold one that is in high demand wich will get you more gold)
- after u get some gold u can start buying ressource from market (make sure u buy the cheap one and make sure u can trade that ressource in farm village to the ressource that in high demand)
- after u buy the ressource and trade it in the village then u can sell it again or use it to make building or units

this will give you invinite loop and get you more ressource and gold when u have more city and farm village

then compare it to what u do (making the game lost free market)... wich in return making the non gold user to wait more time since each and every user will compete with the same value not by what they need (fast or just sold the ress for saving gold to use it when they need).. and with 2k = 50 gold... well.... its only a mater of time for the gold user to realize to not buy their ressource since its only a small amaunt for that kinda price... wich will in return make non gold user profits more since after their good's ware sold they can get the same benefits as the gold user plus they only lost a small ammaunt of ress for it... and when the gold user realise it and stop buying, that will kill the non gold user instead since they cant get gold to get advisor buff and other gold benefits

another post i made in alliance forum
Note: the concept is like in real money... and you're a merchant
- why do you do barter when the game already implemented a currency (gold)
- player that buy gold (bank) -> they bring more gold to circulate in this world
- system (goverment) -> they reduce the circulating gold by some mean like advisor and other(make sure to make your advisor always on... it helps alot)
- people that sell ressource for cheap (worker/farmer) -> use them well to your advantage (dont let your self be one of these unless necesary)
- people that buy your ressource (consumer) -> lost their troop/need to grow their city fast/building nuke/etc... this is your real market :D

Personally I feel it will make it more balanced for the light to non gold user.
however i see it, it doesnt look like that at all....

DeletedUser10048

Each to they're own I suppose, everyones views will be different.
I use gold and feel that this balances the game for the people less likely or unable to use gold.

DeletedUser8688

What a dumb maneuver. I was able to trade 1000 resources for 10 gold and was able to keep a couple advisors. Now that is out. Looks like this game is going to go to only the rich can play. Gold is out for me.

DeletedUser

I use gold and feel that this balances the game for the people less likely or unable to use gold.
yeah... the non gold user now have to wait a long line or bet on their luck since they cant compete anymore... everyone now have to sell at the same value for the same price... the more seller equal to the more harder they can get gold... sure its balanced... oh i have an idea... make multiple account and start posting ress in the market... 2000 is not too high newb can get it easily... and make the competition more harder....and start posting again once or two a week (do not actualy lvl or do anything, rising some ress building to lv 5 will do)... so the game will have more seller... and dead city...

abolishing free market.... and this coming from US grepolis... country who promoting free market... tyrant...

DeletedUser10048

Multi accounting is not a wise move and breaches the game rules, talking of such is also a breach of the forum rules.

Your looking at this negatively from the view of getting gold.

Maybe look at it from the view of players that don't use gold and now see a way of advancing the natural way with the ability to form proper competition with the gold users.

Let's be fair, there had been so many people unhappy that gold ruled the game.... now that something has been put in place to slow the gold advancer down (through making it cost more) then surely it must be of some benefit.

Always 2 sides to a story, try form a unbiased approach.

DeletedUser

its sarcasm... but when i do... u wont know abut it...
i dont buy gold... well my friend buy it and i can see from both point because of it... theres several way if u really want to decrease the gold user overpowered ability :
there is that u can erase that skipp time menu (like what ppl say multiple times <not cost more but erase it>) with this gone even if the gold user buy ressource they cant have the army that make them overpowered... (with team play they can be destroyed)

ex with your solution:
an alliance attacking 1 heavy golder... the alliance sending multiple attack to him... the alliance will lose... then the alliance asking for other alliance for help... still they lose... why?.... whatever the cost... as long as theres resource for a heavy golder with skip time he can still make huge army... no mater how much the attacker was... (but the real winner in this case is inno wich get more money from heavy golder)

ex with skip time gone:
even if heavy golder have the ressource he needed... but he still have to wait the alloted time for his troop to be ready to defend in the case of and incoming attack or to attack again after his attacking troop lost... so in this... altough he still have advantage... but 2-4 ppl can take him down (what i would say balanced)

edited... my view of getting gold... well probably true.... see my second post above... for me ressource -> gold -> more ressource -> more gold (in eternal loop or i can change it to troop/building/advisor/etc) see my 2nd post above about it and u can see a debate about it on "knight of honor" alliance forum on the database if u need too... i posted it there in academy... in a way to get ressource... this update killing my ressource income...

DeletedUser10048

I think the best way to look at it overall is that the game is organic in the sense that nothing ever stays permanant and users (you guys) do have a huge role in the way that Inno evolves the game across all servers and not just .US

The more helpful and fact based suggestions you give the more the game evolves.

Don't forget though that fundamentally it is a business.

DeletedUser4950

The amount of gold traded just went down significantly. Who the hell is gonna pay 50 gold for a max of 2K resources? The only reason to do something like this is Inno didn't like non-gold buyers getting gold. Just do away with the gold trading all together, that would have made more sense than this stupid change.

DeletedUser

yea, congrats ino you are officially idiots. great job fixing what does not need fixing. you take your best feature and completely tanked it. this game looses interest by the day. personally me being a gold whore, i spend more money to buy resources at a good price, i will not spend 50 for 2000 lol thats just idiotic. congrats on making a free player outta me!

you-sir-are-an-idiot.jpg

DeletedUser

yea, congrats ino you are officially idiots. great job fixing what does not need fixing. you take your best feature and completely tanked it. this game looses interest by the day. personally me being a gold whore, i spend more money to buy resources at a good price, i will not spend 50 for 2000 lol thats just idiotic. congrats on making a free player outta me!

View attachment 2222

SECONDED!

DeletedUser11717

I found the BEST ratio for gold trading that EVERYONE loved was a 100:1 ratio. Meaning, for everyone 1000 resource, you trade that for 10 gold. People ate that up.

But thank you for the "check mark" for the marketplace. So annoying to "adjust" the trade value.

DeletedUser13363

Stupidity Reigns

View attachment 2222

The Grepolis fools have fixed something that didn't fixing. The free market as been trashed in favored of economic controls.

The beginning players have now an advantage that the rest can't catch up to. They spent their money and made huge empires while the rest of us now have controls that prevent us from duplicating that feat. Grepolis has changed the rules in midstream and flawed the game. You cannot start the game with one set of rules and change to another.

This is it for me. This is my last game with these people. I may not even see this one out. But, no matter what, I won't buy any more gold. Grepolis, you just lost money with your unfairness.

DeletedUser4951

- Minimum values of gold trade have been changed: Now you have to make a minimum offer of 50 Gold and 2000 resources.

This is the single dumbest update since WW. Wait speaking of which...Hows that WW update coming guys? You uh...you making some progress? Been about 2 years now. Nah i'm sure it'll be here soon. ;)

In short what a completely unnecessary update. Go fix something that's actually needing fixing.

Wait none of this even makes sense. Paying 50g for 2k res. How the hell do you even sell res at that? Who even buys that? Why can't I offer MORE res?

THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE A PLACE OF FUN :mad:

DeletedUser12652

I prefer the free market idea to the controlled ratios. I'm a guy who'll sit and buy all the resources on the market and I don't care what amount of gold I spend as long as I get what I want, but that said, even I have my limits. I won't buy any more resources, and a guy I know who spends more money on this game than I do said the same this evening.

It's unfortunate for those of us who don't want to sit and farm every 5 minutes, and I think it's poor decision by innogames because they're going to lose a healthy sum of money on me, and God knows what they'll lose system-wide.