Update to V2.93 - Changelog

• Thread starter DeletedUser8378
  • Start date

DeletedUser11717

Now that I think about it more, this actually may be what WE wanted..

We asked to balance the game to help prevent gold abusers from well, abusing buying and using gold. And hiding behind it to make them good or even decent. This could be Grepo's way of saying "We're going to balance it out and make it a true war game. Even playing field, gold buyer or not. Everyone has a fair chance".

Which, means every world will get harder as those who ARE good without gold, will have a better chance of squashing those who aren't good (but the gold spending makes them good), and more people are able to rise up and be a dominating force.

Idk, could be something. Most the people I see complaining (outside of the EFs) are those who are only good because of the gold - i.e. they stink without it..

Better read some war books folks!

DeletedUser4951

Nah I don't think so.

Dunno if you've ever seen Robbyn, Chirality, Zahrany, Oldfish, etc. But they'll still probably use this feature if they need or want to.

Also you have to account for events. I can still buy 10k gold for an event and pump out fliers like crazy. Hell I did that with just 6k gold last Easter and you don't even wanna know what the top players used. Some people on our team had 30+ manti nukes alone, were blowing several a day, and reloading them again.

As for farming, I think it just takes us back where we were before on Troy with just this useless instant buy update that gets abused. Only difference is now others can't trade enough to catch up.

DeletedUser13366

Insanity

Someone will get fired over this because Grepolis will lose money. 50 Gold for 2000 Resources? What idiot came up with this brilliant plan?

You want to even the playing field make a permanent quest type market. You have powerups/resources etc on a timer. You get the first one free and gold players can purchase the items also but as you buy them the price goes up until it is cost prohibitive.

Other option is do away with it completely. I am a moderate gold user. I will NOT pay that idiotic rate.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Don't forget though that fundamentally it is a business.
dont argue more.... supafletch has already said the Real reason for the update... "inno need more money"... i dont think we all arguing now will make it any different... thats it... and i thank him for his honest answer... lets just play... :D

or leave.... (when u dont like it)

DeletedUser13366

We asked to balance the game to help prevent gold abusers from well, abusing buying and using gold. And hiding behind it to make them good or even decent. This could be Grepo's way of saying "We're going to balance it out and make it a true war game. Even playing field, gold buyer or not. Everyone has a fair chance".

Which, means every world will get harder as those who ARE good without gold, will have a better chance of squashing those who aren't good (but the gold spending makes them good), and more people are able to rise up and be a dominating force.

Idk, could be something. Most the people I see complaining (outside of the EFs) are those who are only good because of the gold - i.e. they stink without it..

Obviously you arent a smart person. The rich will still pay the fee but the moderate to lower end players will not.

DeletedUser13366

dont argue more.... supafletch has already said the Real reason for the update... "inno need more money"... i dont think we all arguing now will make it any different... thats it... and i thank him for his honest answer... lets just play... :D

or leave.... (when u dont like it)
They will lose money and the voice of the people will lead to change. Its like when Prohibition was instituted not by the majority but by a small group of people. Basically a bunch of part time simmers like yourself complained.

DeletedUser10048

Just a polite reminder,

Please don't double post as I clogs up the threads and can be deemed as spamming.

If your require to add additional comments to something you previously posted then please select EDIT underneath your prior post and add additional info.

Thanks

DeletedUser

They will lose money and the voice of the people will lead to change. Its like when Prohibition was instituted not by the majority but by a small group of people. Basically a bunch of part time simmers like yourself complained.

read from page 1... i already asked the question... critics if i may say so... and a mod has given the answer... and by logic he's right... well... they cant provide a game without getting something in return (busines)... thats probably why they cant turn off skip time menu (with it erased from ingame menu it would mean deficit in their income)... on the other hand ppl keep saying not fair this and not fair that... so this is their "answer" to that complain to "balance" the game... is the game balanced?... well... probably yes... the non gold user will now have a hard time acuiring gold and the gold user will require more pocket money to spend in the game... its fair i think... since its only inno now that win... not you... not me... not the gold user... not the non gold user... not the trader.. not the simmer... not the pro... not the newb... its inno win now...

it will probably stay that way... until they found different "answer" to the next problem that will rise.... thats why i said... lets just play... :D

DeletedUser13366

read from page 1... i already asked the question... critics if i may say so... and a mod has given the answer... and by logic he's right... well... they cant provide a game without getting something in return (busines)... thats probably why they cant turn off skip time menu (with it erased from ingame menu it would mean deficit in their income)... on the other hand ppl keep saying not fair this and not fair that... so this is their "answer" to that complain to "balance" the game... is the game balanced?... well... probably yes... the non gold user will now have a hard time acuiring gold and the gold user will require more pocket money to spend in the game... its fair i think... since its only inno now that win... not you... not me... not the gold user... not the non gold user... not the trader.. not the simmer... not the pro... not the newb... its inno win now...

it will probably stay that way... until they found different "answer" to the next problem that will rise.... thats why i said... lets just play... :D

Here is why you are wrong and why Grepolis will lose money. I purchase gold. I buy resources at a reasonable rate. I received the resources and subsequently spend gold to speed up the building process. The person who receives my gold takes the gold and spends it on building as well. Now that the resources are unreasonably priced all your moderate and light gold purchasers will spend less money guaranteed.

I think one solution would be a permanent quest type market that I mentioned above in a previous post.

DeletedUser

Now I have seen a lot of dumb things but having to pay 50 gold for a maximum of 2000 resources is ridiculous. I used to be able to trade and run adivisor's easily but now there are like no gold trades in the market. Inno should've thought this through before they implemented it and showing by all the negative responses on the externals shows that they need to rethink this issue.

DeletedUser

free market keeps everyone happy

DeletedUser10048

Ladies and gents this topic is to discuss the changelog and not for arguments.

Let's try and keep at least one thread in the forums clean.

DeletedUser3015

I use gold in the first 2 weeks or so of a server to get my first city built up faster and I keep most advisers running but I have never traded gold for res or res for gold so I couldn't possibly care less about this rule from a personal standpoint. However, if the idea is to balance it out for non-light gold users then the effort failed. All this does is limit gold trading to the biggest gold users on a server by putting the prices out of reach of the regular player. Granted the player offering res for gold will get a bigger return than they had been previously but it stands to reason that there will be far far less players actually offering gold on the market in exchange for res, so while the exchange rate will favor the player offering the res there will be so many fewer trades that it will actually take gold out of the hands of the smaller player.

Economics Inno, economics.

DeletedUser1048

max ressource per trade u can put = 2k (can be lower but not higher)
minimum gold per trade u can put = 50 gold (can be higher but not under 50)

really inno? u telling us to make u rich?.... theres no more free market in the game... every ress will from now on be 2k <---> 50 gold... too bad for those that buy gold... now u cant buy ressource for cheap anymore... muahahahahahaa......

Wow as little sense as it makes this is absolutely great for players with no gold. They get to rob the heavy gold users for more than just the first few weeks of a world :D I might consider playing again now that I know this is a thing, it's going to make world hopping to gold trade a whole lot better than it already was.

DeletedUser

Here is why you are wrong and why Grepolis will lose money. I purchase gold. I buy resources at a reasonable rate. I received the resources and subsequently spend gold to speed up the building process. The person who receives my gold takes the gold and spends it on building as well. Now that the resources are unreasonably priced all your moderate and light gold purchasers will spend less money guaranteed.

I think one solution would be a permanent quest type market that I mentioned above in a previous post.
where do i go wrong? once again pls re-read from first page to the end... me too doesnt like this update wich killing my ressource income (read my quote about getting ressource through gold trade)... im new... and i dont play in other world... all my gold that i got through trade (or from my friend) all goes back to either double ressource/army/building/advisor/etc... i probably can get more ressource that you/those simmer/the gold user cant get per day... since i have time and watching market movement all the time...

tips for everyone: search someone that you find trustworthy in the world game you play on, make a deal with them... add them to your note... do trade for gold in the market... and ask them for the rest of the ressource to be send to your city... this way u can still get the ressource for the gold you pay for... 50 gold for 10k ress? not a problem... they can send it directly to your city... at least until they make it free market again ^^

*dont let the update ruin your mood... for there's still a hole in their system*

DeletedUser13366

Wow as little sense as it makes this is absolutely great for players with no gold. They get to rob the heavy gold users for more than just the first few weeks of a world :D I might consider playing again now that I know this is a thing, it's going to make world hopping to gold trade a whole lot better than it already was.
Another Einstein here. Good luck collecting on that. You will be broke...lol

Back to Topic: I believe they should institute a Quest until they fix the problem. A month long quest would quiet the angry people like myself

DeletedUser10048

On top of my previous reminders/warnings

Masked profanity & personal insults are not tolerated in these forums.

DeletedUser11717

TSF: Let's not start this again.

Ace: I never said people who use gold suck. I said that there ARE people who DO stink and use a LOT of gold and because of this "handicap" they appear to be good. Yet when you actually fight them, they're trash.

Sik: I'll agree with the rich will keep buying. But then again, look at all the "Big names" who are complaining and who are stating here alone that they're no longer buying...

Personally, buying resources for gold s the stupidest thing ever imo. There's a Merchant for a reason. And this isn't a quick paced game. Even with Actium being speed 4, it's all about surviving to the end, and making enough friends to where even if you're the worst player ever and never grow past one city, you can still win

Course for those who play and do nothing else like TSF here, then it's a different story.

DeletedUser

Hey guys, you are free to voice your opinion and I understand that the gold trading changes are big news but the discussion must say civil. I deleted some posts, further rule breaches will be treated more severely.

DeletedUser13366

I have been monitoring the gold to resource market and I WAS RIGHT....LMAO.....The GOLD MARKET for RESOURCES is an absolute DISASTER....LMAO. GREAT JOB.

I highly suggest someone sets up a Quest or an Olympics before someone loses their job....LMAO

If this crap isn't fixed I will go to one of the other Games like Grepolis...LOL

Someone in Accounting needs to do a before an after Monetary analysis. I didnt realize a programmer is a monetary or marketing analyst...LMAO