Top 12 Sink or swim

• Thread starter total annihilation
  • Start date

DeletedUser12324

1. To Be Determined- Seems like a strong group with good average and abp.. There core is strong but have several top 10 alliances on the fronts. Whether that means food or there demise is still To Be Determined - swim

2. Argentum Contego - Im a little bias of the MRA so i wont comment.. - swim

3. Legion of Death - They seemed to come out of no where up the ranking, They have solid size and abp, and are also located a bit outside the core where they are only in reach by a handful of alliances that can give them a fight - swim

4. Argentum Gladius - same as 2

5. Jossys Giants - I have heard only good things about this alliance. There core is solid, There Challenge is they are located next to TBD although my gut tells me they are packed/Nap even if TBD says they frown upon this kinda behavior.. - swim

6. Dark Angels - They seem like a respectable group, They are a little too spread out and located next to a lot of top 12 alliances - Float

7. KOD. - They have some good players and there leadership seems solid. There located next too, and currently at war with Argentum Contego so only time will tell - sink

8. War Machines - Dont know much about them. There abp is a little low for there size but they are located on the edge of the core. There fate may depend on what direction TBD is going - float

9. APOCALYPSE - I dont know this group but my gut says they may be a sleeper. Looks as though there core is made of previous world winners. There size and abp is about right. They have a good location outside of the core with few immediate threats - swim

10. Legion of Hell - same as 3

11. Dynasty Veterans - I dont know much about them. There abp is a little low and based on there location i just dont see where they can expand - sink

12. Anastasis of Neb - They have great abp for there size but there spread out a little too much for me. There also not located in a great area. Im going to say float just cause i like the abp - float

Back on topic....

Thanks for getting back on topic!...lol

it took a ride yesterday. Very well written Top 12

DeletedUser9851

1. To Be Determined- Seems like a strong group with good average and abp.. There core is strong but have several top 10 alliances on the fronts. Whether that means food or there demise is still To Be Determined - swim

2. Argentum Contego - Im a little bias of the MRA so i wont comment.. - swim

3. Legion of Death - They seemed to come out of no where up the ranking, They have solid size and abp, and are also located a bit outside the core where they are only in reach by a handful of alliances that can give them a fight - swim

4. Argentum Gladius - same as 2

5. Jossys Giants - I have heard only good things about this alliance. There core is solid, There Challenge is they are located next to TBD although my gut tells me they are packed/Nap even if TBD says they frown upon this kinda behavior.. - swim

6. Dark Angels - They seem like a respectable group, They are a little too spread out and located next to a lot of top 12 alliances - Float

7. KOD. - They have some good players and there leadership seems solid. There located next too, and currently at war with Argentum Contego so only time will tell - sink

8. War Machines - Dont know much about them. There abp is a little low for there size but they are located on the edge of the core. There fate may depend on what direction TBD is going - float

9. APOCALYPSE - I dont know this group but my gut says they may be a sleeper. Looks as though there core is made of previous world winners. There size and abp is about right. They have a good location outside of the core with few immediate threats - swim

10. Legion of Hell - same as 3

11. Dynasty Veterans - I dont know much about them. There abp is a little low and based on there location i just dont see where they can expand - sink

12. Anastasis of Neb - They have great abp for there size but there spread out a little too much for me. There also not located in a great area. Im going to say float just cause i like the abp - float

Back on topic....

So I'm looking at this, and it seems like a good write up. But I looked up the stats of the KOD, and AC/AG war. KOD are #1 as defenders. MOM are #2. MOM was once #1 courtesy of TBD. at the same time, they dropped in ranking to 21 where they are now. But it's seems that KOD has not dropped in points, and in fact are still growing. What does this tell us? I think they are holding there own against AC/AG. And I hear that they have been stopping CS after CS that AC/AG has thrown at them. Though they didn't stop all of them. However, KOD did manage to take 4 of their cities a few days ago. So I think they deserve at least a float. But what the hell do i know.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

So I'm looking at this, and it seems like a good write up. But I looked up the stats of the KOD, and AC-AG war. KOD are #1 as defenders. MOM are #2. MOM was once #1 courtesy of TBD. at the same time, they dropped in ranking to 21 where they are now. But it's seems that KOD has not dropped in points, and in fact are still growing. What does this tell us? I think they are holding there own against the MRA. And I hear that they have been stopping CS after CS that the ArgenMRA has thrown at them. Though they didn't stop all of them. However, KOD did manage to take 4 of their cities a few days ago. So I think they deserve at least a float. But what the hell do i know.

That's a fair assessment. KOD has some great members and leaders. However, the city count would be a few higher towards the AC/AG "mra" side if KODs main strategy wasn't to keep some of their own cities in revolt with Helena and take them before the CS's land and cause the revolts to end. While its obviously a strategy that is working for them, I find no honor in it. I'd rather defend cities the normal way and not play musical chairs with them.

DeletedUser9851

Well, it seems that DA is falling apart. splinter group has formed: "Undecided" Who will they side with? very interesting :s

DeletedUser6798

Seems as if they arent quite sure
cnfy7elqh8dotnsdp.gif

DeletedUser4082

That's a fair assessment. KOD has some great members and leaders. However, the city count would be a few higher towards the AC/AG "mra" side if KODs main strategy wasn't to keep some of their own cities in revolt with Helena and take them before the CS's land and cause the revolts to end. While its obviously a strategy that is working for them, I find no honor in it. I'd rather defend cities the normal way and not play musical chairs with them.

Playing within the rules of the game. I see no problem with it. Maybe AC/AG should revolt with helena first :)

DeletedUser4951

To be honest that is a cheap move. Gonna stay off revolt due to this as that would be absolutely infuriating deal with over and over again.

DeletedUser13278

KOD is a solid alliance and crafty enough...love it or hate it, it's part of the game as much as multiple alliance joining together to cycle players through to fund WW's and players holding WW islands hitting vm so they can't be attacked while the wonders get filled. Lots not to like but we all keep playing, so I guess, it ain't all that bad.

DeletedUser723

To be honest that is a cheap move. Gonna stay off revolt due to this as that would be absolutely infuriating deal with over and over again.

Utilizing/abusing game mechanics is a cheap move? Does the same go for golding walls from nothing to 25 multiple times during a single revolt? Or, creating multiple alliances with a completely shared forum structure to get around the servers alliance cap? Or, rotating players into an alliance during wonders for the extra favor and resources? Or, gifting crowns to extra players after the server has already been won?

... this game is not as noble as it once was....

You're right, sadly. But, these tactics aren't just on revolt worlds bud. Also, we all know you and your alliance(s) use some of these tactics. Fight fire with fire, and don't throw stones in a glass house. In fact, people should be thankful that AC/AG is spending nearly 10 times as much gold per conquest due to that tactic. Inno should create an award for that. Now if only some of you would donate that cash to the skype stat bot dude.....

DeletedUser

Seems odd that KOD's honor has been questioned and now they have been accused of cheap moves on the Top 12.

From what I understand they were the only alliance fighting AC/AG and despite being significantly outnumbered were up to this point the only alliance not to talk big on here and then fall apart within a week of attacks and join AC/AG.

Whereas in my eyes their character would earn my respect - here it seems they have put players off an entire conquest system :eek:

Just got to wonder if they weren't outnumbered (is it 2:1 or 3:1 as they are smaller than the second over-fill alliance) whether they would consider pre-revolt defence.

DeletedUser11033

KOD is doing a great job, better than a float, not quit a swim, i'll give them a dog paddle. As far as their choice of tactics, when you are at a disadvantage, you get creative, and that is what they have done.

DeletedUser

KOD is doing a great job, better than a float, not quit a swim, i'll give them a dog paddle. As far as their choice of tactics, when you are at a disadvantage, you get creative, and that is what they have done.

Like I said before they have great leaders and great top players that I respect but I'm still not a fan of that strategy. Can we at least agree that gold demolishing a city from 5000 points to 1000 in 2 hours is cheap and dishonorable as a couple of KOD players have done. I'm sure there's other players in other alliances that do it too but that's about as dirty as it gets

DeletedUser11237

I don't have the time or patience to research a sink or swim. I would like to thank those who put one out, Well to elaborate, those who put in that time to do a well reserached one. There are several above that are sound. I am only commenting here to say watch out for Koopa Troopas. Rumor had it Oliver was constructing a capable crew of cold hearted Killers for a world to drop next month, But yet here they are in Baris... Most players I checked are only 1 week on the server. This alliance is chalk full of serious killers, and are definetley one to watch. Welcome to the fray, Troopas!
smiley_emoticons_winken4.gif

DeletedUser

Like I said before they have great leaders and great top players that I respect but I'm still not a fan of that strategy. Can we at least agree that gold demolishing a city from 5000 points to 1000 in 2 hours is cheap and dishonorable as a couple of KOD players have done. I'm sure there's other players in other alliances that do it too but that's about as dirty as it gets

Well put it this way - I'll never do it - but that is mainly because I am far to tight fisted to consider it :D

I pre- revolted the one I saw that happen to - but couldn't be bothered taking it when it hit 1k ;)

DeletedUser9851

Hmm... I don't think it's dishonorable. I think it's a stupid tactic to gold down a city. It's not cheating. But if the city is in on strategic island, that makes the city important no matter the size. I would still take it. Would you take a 500 point city to fill an island? How about founding, and starting at 997 points?

DeletedUser

I don't have the time or patience to research a sink or swim. I would like to thank those who put one out, Well to elaborate, those who put in that time to do a well reserached one. There are several above that are sound. I am only commenting here to say watch out for Koopa Troopas. Rumor had it Oliver was constructing a capable crew of cold hearted Killers for a world to drop next month, But yet here they are in Baris... Most players I checked are only 1 week on the server. This alliance is chalk full of serious killers, and are definetley one to watch. Welcome to the fray, Troopas!
smiley_emoticons_winken4.gif

What is a Koopa Troopa?

thisisgrepolis