Top 12 Sink or swim

• Thread starter total annihilation
  • Start date

DeletedUser12324

Haha, I should make more Top 12 posts. I didn't realize there would be so much reaction. New Top 12.

1. TBD SWIM
2-12. SINK

and GO!

DeletedUser6798

Maybe someone should.

Heck Antanasios is so persuasive I might even put us as sinking now. But this really is some flawless logic: make statement, don't like others reaction, if cannot make valid rebuttal call forum warrior and restate statement.

But anyway.. With this new found sense if rationalization, I think I'll be making a sink/swim coming up

DeletedUser723

You're just too easy, Oli.

For example:
KT = sink

rebuttal?

p.s.
CJ, that is the best sink/swim I have ever seen. Not being sarcastic either. All alliances on all servers should think that way. Otherwise, why bother playing this game?

+rep

DeletedUser6798

My rebuttal would be that for a rim alliance we have been passing core alliances in size and stats. And that as an alliance we have continually tested ourselves and have come out on top each time. :D

Therefore I think if you really think KT is a sink it is merely an opinion rooted in jealous. There now call me a forum warrior and tell me again you think koopas will since. That's been the cycle with you so far.

Edit: And you know for someone so critical and insightful, you have yet to post a sink/swim of your own. Just pop in every now n them when someone says something you don't like about your kittens. That's a bit cowardly. Can't even play along for fear of being called out. Yes you post in here so much.. Seems like a giant waste of time.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser723

My top 12 sink/swim is very similar to CJ's. One minor difference though.

KOD - Swim
Rest - Sink or Float, doesn't matter, same thing in the end.
There can only be 1 swim per server in my book. I don't post sink/swims because they will always be just like this.

Btw, I'm not a leader in KOD, nor am I a external spokesperson. So pinning my opinions/statements on the entirety of KOD may be easy to do but, it may also be inaccurate. Doesn't really matter to me either way.

DeletedUser6798

It really isnt KOD that I would want your opinion on.. notice in all my sink/swims I never go into much detail about my own alliance. Maybe simple things like a stat hear n there, but thats it. Everyone always thinks their alliance will swim. No one cares...

The real juice is in hearing what others think about other alliances.

DeletedUser10520

I wonder if the reason KT seems to pass the other core alliances is because a couple of other alliances keep eating their competition :eek:

DeletedUser10169

Whoa guys this genius right here has it all figured out. Bless us with more of your wisdom oh observant one.

That totally explains us quadrupling our size in the last 30 days. It's because other people are taking our food. Man why couldn't the rest of you smarty pants figure that out.

DeletedUser

Quick Top 12 Sink or Swim from an unbiased opinion :D

1. TBD - Undoubtedly the strongest alliance in the server, not much to say. FLOAT, considering they can't swim any higher ;)

2. KOD - Feirce defenders, strong attackers, I think they could be in it till the end. SWIM

3. Jossys Giants - Took a little bit of a beating, but have REALLY turned it around vs DV. Very impressed, but is don't think that they will be able to surpass TBD and KOD. FLOAT

4. Koopa Troppas - Lots of arguments going around about this group, so here's my opinion. Do I think these players are strong? Yes, they have been growing rapidly and getting a lot if ABP. Do I think they could be in it till the end? Yes, i do. However, I have to agree with a lot of other posts. They won't be able to win against the top 3, so unless somebody gets knocked down, I say FLOAT

5. Apoc - The first alliance to start fighting Legion, and they were doing well just by themselves. That really impressed me, and with a great player average, I say SWIM

6. Legion - SINK BOYZ

7. Rational - Never talk about my own alliance

8. Dynasty Veterans - They decided to challenge JG, and have gotten pummeled. SINK

9. Orpheus Boys - haven't thought a lot about them. They don't seem to have complete control of a core ocean, and their BP ranks aren't very impressive. Just at my first glance, I say SINK

10. Imaginary Friends - their BP ranks aren't very impressive, and they share an ocean with AoN. SINK

11. TEG - Big mistake joining the legion family. SINK

12. Anastasis of Neb - They are obviously sharing an ocean with IF, and I think that they will win the fight. However, I don't think they will make a splash in the global scene. FLOAT

Don't hate me boys :D

DeletedUser13392

Decided to do my own sink/swim, but not going in much detail like CJ.

1.TBD- Dominated since bp, there's no question that these guys can fight and work as a team, while still having the maximum amount of players. Good role model since they work more like a unit in my eyes, not one big jumble of players who just play under the same name. SWIM

2.KOD- Honestly i don't know much about these guys other than the fact that they've been at war with argentum nonstop and eventually took them down with help from the top 10. They also have a good BP STAT but are slowly dropping in ranks with the DBP ranking since their competition is effectively gone. Overall good performance and comeback by them and am going to give them a SWIM.

3.JG-Dont know much but they seem pretty solid. SWIM

4.KT- Last time i remember them was when they were fighting Warmachines and all i could remember was the players in WM were complaining that they were a bunch of gold abusers and their skill would beat their "wealth". Looks like they were wrong XD, overall i was really impressed with their performance and sudden domination and am going to give these guys a SWIM.

5. APOCALYPSE- They have been at war with the legions and seem to be unrelenting in their attacks, though they could do ALOT more with their numbers and position. Overall i am kind of in the middle on this one and am going to have to give it a FLOAT.

6. Legion of Death- Do i even need to say something about this? ask anyone i talk to and they will tell you i was calling their trend towards being an MRA and their downfall in the near future. Basically complete opposite of TBD since alot of their players work bythemselves and are selfish towards their members therefore leading to their collapse.SINK

7. Rational- Well, i used to be with these guys but some stuff happened and they rimmed me, well one of our former enemies did. Anyways, I LOVE this alliance's structure and teamwork, some of the best stuff i have seen in my 3 almost 4 years of playing this game. They took 66 from an alliance 10 times their size in that ocean with ~50 hour cs times for one city. They have a strong core in 66 but unfortuneatley seem to have been taking players that are smaller and smaller instead of just absorbing them. Anyways, even though i am not happy with what they did i am going to give the rats a SWIM.

8 Dynasty Veterans- Honestly i dont know why these guys are sinking in their current position, They have a decent player strength yet they still are losing cities to JG. I don't expect them to last but a few more weeks SINK.

9. Orpheus Boys- Don't know much but they seem to have a pretty good ABP amount and are growing fast. Still don't have the confidence to give them a swim so i am going to give them a FLOAT.

10. Imaginary Friends- Huge comeback from the rim, but i still dont see this group succeeding. They have failed once, and now it will just take them a bit longer to do it again. SINK.

11. TEG- See LOD

12. Anastasis of Neb- See #10

Again guys, i am not by any means in the top 100 on this server but i have alot of experience (3 years) on the EN servers until i stopped playing for a year and the account was deactivated. My alliance won the server and it was a very fun experience. Here, im not sure why, but one alliance seems to be extremely dominant over the others and that style gets kinda boring, while on EN most of the servers i played on to the wonders age, had 3 or 4 people on each team working against each other. Anyways, this is my opinion and i hope to hear some positive feedback for the 9 and a half minutes i spent on this. Cheers!

DeletedUser723

Whoa guys this genius right here has it all figured out. Bless us with more of your wisdom oh observant one.

That totally explains us quadrupling our size in the last 30 days. It's because other people are taking our food. Man why couldn't the rest of you smarty pants figure that out.

Pretty sure you didn't read what super said correctly. And now you just look bad for your inaccurately sarcastic reply, lol.

DeletedUser10169

Please explain it to me then.

"I wonder if the reason KT seems to pass the other core alliances is because a couple of other alliances keep eating their competition"

Sounds like he is saying the only reason KT moves up in the rankings is because the other top alliances are pushing the others down... Not sure how else to read that but my apologies if you meant something else. Actually I don't really care just deal with it.

Also great top 12 guys.

DeletedUser723

I like how in one post you say:

That totally explains us quadrupling our size in the last 30 days. It's because other people are taking our food.

Then the next post you say:

Sounds like he is saying the only reason KT moves up in the rankings is because the other top alliances are pushing the others down...

Super was clearly stating that TBD is eating most of the cores food and stunting their neighbors growth while KT's growth is unchecked.
Also:

Actually I don't really care just deal with it.

If you didn't care, then why did you press the reply button?
Contradict yourself more please...

DeletedUser6798

Ok.. So now that I finally have some time.. heres my quick take on the top 12

1. TBD
Swim
Said it before, I'll say it again. This group makes it hard to label them as anything other than Swim. They take on opponents time and time again and have come out on top. Do they need help? No.. But as you will see below.. a storm is brewing, and again, it should be their biggest test to date.

2. KOD
Swim while Floating
One Fish. You cant ignore the numbers, and you can't ignore the core. KOD has done a solid job of developing along with this server. however, it is how they have gotten there that makes me think its nothing but a sturdy veneer guarding a structure ready to crumble. First.. when I first joined this world, KOD (was KOD.) was #1 in DBP and taking on the #2 alliance and their next door neighbor in Argentum. After some growing pain type losses, KOD bounced back nicely. What have they done since? Nothing. They have not been at war with any other alliance since Argentum. This group now ranks #9 in DBP which is the largest desparity in points v dbp among top alliances. While we can all agree Argentum has been dead and gone for several weeks, KOD continues to clean house on their cities. Smart move in developing a core, but it really isnt anything to call home about. And unlike what other people may have said, KOD never took 70 cities from Argentum in a day, though they were one of the first to start hitting them. So while KOD is growing nicely.. they arent really impacting this world through their fighting.. However it does seem that they are putting together a nice group of Western buddies that I am assuming are planning to eventually do something.. So bravo on your "diplomacy".

- As an added note, it is of my opinion that Coalitions are worse than MRAs. At least an MRA owns up to the fact, and as CJ and others have mentioned, they can see some success in other worlds. Coalitions do not. Coalition leaders still have the arrogance to want to be their own entity, but they are afraid to act independently. This is counter-intuitive and part of the reason they typically fail. They all need each other, but dont want to need each other. So in the end, the entire group just becomes floating fish.

3. Jossys Giants
Swim
The entire first part of this server we heard it all with this group. "They arent tested," "they need help doing anything," "they will eventually fold under pressure.." Well it finally happened, and we saw the results. Jossys seemed to have been hit by surprise. But where other alliances have panicked and keeled over, Jossys rebounded like the attackers we knew they were. While they may not be the best defenders in the bunch, you will likely be hard pressed to take more cities from them than they do from you.

4. Koopa Troopas
N/A
Per usual no rank from me.. But consider this: What do Argentum, Men of Mayhem, *TEG*, Legion, Dynasty Veternas, and others have in common? They are core alliances that do not have the statistics or growth rate compared to this group. Sure some alliances have been hit hard, but others have not (DV and OB) Koopas have been at war with someone since the day they popped out of beginners protection, and each time they have taken on a bigger foe. With over 150 cities taken from Legion alliances in less than 2 weeks, Koopas have at least shown they can hang with the big boys.

5. APOCALYPSE
Swim
I always try to give an alliance 5 or lower a swim. Its been hard, but I think APOC can do it. Though they are slightly limited in their expansion, they have proven to be an experienced bunch. Just like Koopas, when will the day come to be tested. They have played this game thus far avoiding any expectations, but the time may be coming soon where they have to put up.

6. Legion of Death
Sink
Not much this group can honestly do.. Getting hit from all sides. While part of it was their own doing, the only reason they are still in the top 12 is because they have consolidated down to two alliances. However many of their players are running to VM while the rest seem to be focusing on defense while looking for another home.

7. Rational
Float
As with APOC, this group's biggest enemy is location. A big war looms in their future because truth be told they need to expand somewhere. While Legion makes for a seemingly never ending snack, moving north into 65 presents several new issues. They are also your typical untested rim alliance, but they seem to be battle hungry. Their next move will likely push them over the edge into either sink or swim.

8. Dynasty Veterans
Float
Two Fish They got first blood against Jossys and I'm sure morale couldnt have been higher. But that quickly turned around. The war between these two groups proves to be an interesting one. As of right now they are the only major NW alliance to be actively in a war. But this group hasnt really done much attacking or defending in this world. I am honestly surprised they are actually still around. However the bigger question remains on which group will receive help from whom, and what will happen when war outbreaks further into the world.

9. Orpheus Boys
Sink
Red fish When it comes to coalitions, there are always a few groups that dont or cant pull their own weight. Thats OB. OB is #14 in attackers and #22 defender. Their location puts them smack dab in the middle of the lovers circle. There is likely so much green around them they grow frustrated at their own irrelevancy. This frustration leads to inactivity which leads to disbanding.

10. Imaginary Friends
Sink
Blue Fish This is another group that just is limited through their own doing. While Id love to see them hit DV or OB, they instead have become apart of this "bigger picture". At least with them they could possibly assist DV in their battle with Jossys, but in the end, their sole existence rides on the fact that they hope others will do the work for them.

11. Anastasis of Neb
Float
More fish? This group wont go away.. They started in the core.. now have gotten themselves back to the western rim and I guess you can call it a come back. Another "test" for Jossy's it seems, but this group has never been much when it came to fighters. I dont know how much of their original group is even left, but I'm sure no one seems them as a threat. They likely float while bigger "threats" are dealt with.

12. *TEG*
Sink
This is not your typical TEG that we have seen from other worlds. This group (like other TEGs in the past) took a gamble and attached themselves to a group in hopes of putting up a fight. They are stronger defenders, but this time the gamble bit them in the face. Hard. Being partially in O55 makes them a target. Being lumped in with Legion makes them a target to everyone around them. Not much for this group to do. I expect a fight, but in reality, it cant last long unless something drastic happens.

DeletedUser9851

That's one insightful top 12.

But there is something that is bothering me about KOD. Why are their DBP not going up? Because no one is attacking them. Why is that? If someone can decipher this mystery, I'd like to know.

DeletedUser6798

That's one insightful top 12.

But there is something that is bothering me about KOD. Why are their DBP not going up? Because no one is attacking them. Why is that? If someone can decipher this mystery, I'd like to know.

me me me me!!!

KOD basically has the following alliances around them:

DV/IF/OB to their West
Argentum to their East
TBD to their South

Well it is pretty obvious that TBD has been focusing mainly on Legion (taking 200 plus cities)

Also obvious that Argentum is dead n buried (KOD's main source of food now)

So the unanswered portion remains what about DV/IF/OB. I think by the complete lack of aggression shown by this group they wouldnt be much of a challenge to KOD.. so why doesnt KOD work on securing O44 and having control of 2 core oceans? Hmm seems fishy

But in the end... thats what you have. Plenty surround KOD, though they are being left alone.

DeletedUser

Amazing top 12 oli! It's just so exciting to try to guess what the moves will be after the legions are gone.

DeletedUser723

The sink/float in itself was nice Oli, but the added insinuations were unnecessary and hypocritical at best.

According to YOUR standards, Oli, not mine:
Does the fact that TBD, KT, Rations, and JG aren't attacking each other (and also support each others cities) make that a coalition that you sir are a part of?? The hypocrisy is real.

A Pact is one thing. Choosing the right enemies at the right time is something completely different. In fact, that's called diplomacy. I wouldn't call you guys a coalition because you're not. That's just a TBD/JG pact with some diplomacy at work until they deem one of you the next item on their lunch menu. Though, we should all have a clear idea on who that will be. Trends are trends.