Top 12 Sink or swim

• Thread starter total annihilation
  • Start date

DeletedUser6798

no more old world talk. This is Baris! Bad check!

Guess someone needs to get the ball rolling again.. so I guess I will give it a shot

1. To Be Determined
Swim
Well I think we have heard it all pertaining to this group... top in BP, top players, blah blah blah. They have been sure to let us know how great they are and that we should crumble in fear in the presence. Well lets be honest.. they havent really be tested.. they got lucky that MoM turned out to be one of the scrubbiest alliances ever (I will get to that later). They are tops by a large margin so that gives them a distinct edge. However there is an alliance out there that should test them, and the sustainability over time is always something to consider. But for now.. hard to argue for something other than swim.

2. Jossys Giants
Float
Speaking of untested.. holy cow. The fact that the number 2 alliance ranks number 18 in DBP blows my mind. They started smack dab in the core.. share a border with TBD.. and yet no one wants to touch them. They do make up for it in ABP, but thats easy to do when no one will attack you. Their proximity to TBD and lack of challenge makes you wonder what is up between these two top alliance. Id say a battle is brewing, but certain alliances are going to be taken care of first. Float is harsh for a top attacking alliance, but as I said.. no one hits them and they arent even helping their friends defend. Just sitting back building offensive nukes..to me, that isnt sustainable given the quality of other alliances in this group.

3. Legion of Death
Swim
Are they an MRA or arent they? That term gets thrown around quite loosely (unless you are talking about Argentum which in their case it definitely applies). They are far more spread out than other alliances, and their academy/ies are actively recruiting in oceans where the main alliance is not. They brought down War Machines which is part commendable and part laughable because, i mean, it is tone.. However they are ranked 8 in DBP so again you have to wonder whether they can withstand any type of test. They do have a quality core and that gives them longevity. However their ifnal success is still something that is up in the air.

4. Kittens of Doom
Float
Stop changing your name! Yes KOD stands for Kittens of Doom.. maybe.. We all know who you are. This group took an early beating before Argentum leadership decided to sink their own alliance, and have bounced back nicely. The new name hasnt changed the fact that they spent some time taking sub 1k cities in the core. I dont care if your enemy or your momma is doing that.. its never a good strategy.. It takes way too much gold, and while certain players can pull it off, it never works as a long term, alliance-wide policy. So that being said I'm glad you have joined the bandwagon and are actually using your slots to attack.

5. Argentum Contego
Sink
See.. more harshness.. But I dont like MRA's and I dont like players that think they can fool me with propaganda. No, I dont care if 1/3 of your alliances has a crown.. No, I will not join nor die. No, winning juktas, while commendable, does not make you kings of the universe. And no, I am not impressed. You brought over a good group of players from Juktas. You had so much promise.. But you flushed all that away. You have no standards, you have a wide open recruiting policy, you are too spread out, and you have 3 alliances just about 6 weeks into a world where alliance cap is 100! I'm sorry, but thats just what I think, and in my sink/siwm, when you have all of the above, it equates to an eventual sink. You made yourselves easy targets and everyone around you is going to try to pick up your remains..

6. APOCALYPSE
Float
I usually give sinks to alliances that use all caps when their alliance isnt just initials.. but truthfully I dont know much about this group. I see some decent faces, and a decent core. But thats about as far as it goes for me.. I dont see them pushing north into TBD, but i dont see TBD pushing south to hit them either right now.. Again DBP is low and ABP is about par for the course as far as rankings go. So basically free reign of the south while being untested. Being around legion and TBD makes for difficult expansion. It works for now, but the question is for how long.

7. Dynasty Veterans
Float
This was the group with all the high school drama early on. But they have hung in there. They have had some splits and they have rearranged things a bit, but they still find themselves at #7. I think their ability to continue is partially based around the fact that O44 has been the ghost town of this server. They were vulnerable at times, but didnt have anyone to pressure them. They dont seem too aggressive or too tested, but they have been doing work recently. I have to keep my eyes on this group, with them you just never know..

8. Argentum Gladius
Sink
See main alliance. Remember the low standards i mentioned.. Thats this group.

9. Rational
Float
This is a newer group that has been trending upward right now. However their stats are definitely not reflective of the group. They are yet another SE alliance that has been avoiding full confrontation with TBD like the plague. I think it will only get them so far, so lets see how long they can ride the wave.

10. Legion of Hell
Swim
See explanation for Legion. This is what an academy should look like for the most part.. They arent over extended from the top players and that work together. However that also means that their success is completely dependent on the main alliance.

11. *TEG*
Float
Ok.. putting all personal distaste and experience of betrayal aside.. This group always finds a way to float. They wont win, and they certainly wont go anywhere.. They arent trustworthy so their diplomacy needs a few tweaks, but somehow they always find someone to latch on to a ride towards minor success.

12. Koopa Troopas
N/A
My alliance so I never say much.. but I mean really..who do these guys think they are? They show up way late to the party, diffuse a volcano, and trash talk all the other bigger alliances! The nerve! Their stats sucks. The name is even worse. They are a bunch of cheaters and golders to boot. But did you all notice it only took them 2 weeks to crack into the top 12?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9856

no more old world talk. This is Baris! Bad check!

Guess someone needs to get the ball rolling again.. so I guess I will give it a shot

1. To Be Determined
Swim
Well I think we have heard it all pertaining to this group... top in BP, top players, blah blah blah. They have been sure to let us know how great they are and that we should crumble in fear in the presence. Well lets be honest.. they havent really be tested.. they got lucky that MoM turned out to be one of the scrubbiest alliances ever (I will get to that later). They are tops by a large margin so that gives them a distinct edge. However there is an alliance out there that should test them, and the sustainability over time is always something to consider. But for now.. hard to argue for something other than swim.

2. Jossys Giants
Float
Speaking of untested.. holy cow. The fact that the number 2 alliance ranks number 18 in DBP blows my mind. They started smack dab in the core.. share a border with TBD.. and yet no one wants to touch them. They do make up for it in ABP, but thats easy to do when no one will attack you. Their proximity to TBD and lack of challenge makes you wonder what is up between these two top alliance. Id say a battle is brewing, but certain alliances are going to be taken care of first. Float is harsh for a top attacking alliance, but as I said.. no one hits them and they arent even helping their friends defend. Just sitting back building offensive nukes..to me, that isnt sustainable given the quality of other alliances in this group.

3. Legion of Death
Swim
Are they an MRA or arent they? That term gets thrown around quite loosely (unless you are talking about Argentum which in their case it definitely applies). They are far more spread out than other alliances, and their academy/ies are actively recruiting in oceans where the main alliance is not. They brought down War Machines which is part commendable and part laughable because, i mean, it is tone.. However they are ranked 8 in DBP so again you have to wonder whether they can withstand any type of test. They do have a quality core and that gives them longevity. However their ifnal success is still something that is up in the air.

4. Kittens of Doom
Float
Stop changing your name! Yes KOD stands for Kittens of Doom.. maybe.. We all know who you are. This group took an early beating before Argentum leadership decided to sink their own alliance, and have bounced back nicely. The new name hasnt changed the fact that they spent some time taking sub 1k cities in the core. I dont care if your enemy or your momma is doing that.. its never a good strategy.. It takes way too much gold, and while certain players can pull it off, it never works as a long term, alliance-wide policy. So that being said I'm glad you have joined the bandwagon and are actually using your slots to attack.

5. Argentum Contego
Sink
See.. more harshness.. But I dont like MRA's and I dont like players that think they can fool me with propaganda. No, I dont care if 1/3 of your alliances has a crown.. No, I will not join nor die. No, winning juktas, while commendable, does not make you kings of the universe. And no, I am not impressed. You brought over a good group of players from Juktas. You had so much promise.. But you flushed all that away. You have no standards, you have a wide open recruiting policy, you are too spread out, and you have 3 alliances just about 6 weeks into a world where alliance cap is 100! I'm sorry, but thats just what I think, and in my sink/siwm, when you have all of the above, it equates to an eventual sink. You made yourselves easy targets and everyone around you is going to try to pick up your remains..

6. APOCALYPSE
Float
I usually give sinks to alliances that use all caps when their alliance isnt just initials.. but truthfully I dont know much about this group. I see some decent faces, and a decent core. But thats about as far as it goes for me.. I dont see them pushing north into TBD, but i dont see TBD pushing south to hit them either right now.. Again DBP is low and ABP is about par for the course as far as rankings go. So basically free reign of the south while being untested. Being around legion and TBD makes for difficult expansion. It works for now, but the question is for how long.

7. Dynasty Veterans
Float
This was the group with all the high school drama early on. But they have hung in there. They have had some splits and they have rearranged things a bit, but they still find themselves at #7. I think their ability to continue is partially based around the fact that O44 has been the ghost town of this server. They were vulnerable at times, but didnt have anyone to pressure them. They dont seem too aggressive or too tested, but they have been doing work recently. I have to keep my eyes on this group, with them you just never know..

8. Argentum Gladius
Sink
See main alliance. Remember the low standards i mentioned.. Thats this group.

9. Rational
Float
This is a newer group that has been trending upward right now. However their stats are definitely not reflective of the group. They are yet another SE alliance that has been avoiding full confrontation with TBD like the plague. I think it will only get them so far, so lets see how long they can ride the wave.

10. Legion of Hell
Swim
See explanation for Legion. This is what an academy should look like for the most part.. They arent over extended from the top players and that work together. However that also means that their success is completely dependent on the main alliance.

11. *TEG*
Float
Ok.. putting all personal distaste and experience of betrayal aside.. This group always finds a way to float. They wont win, and they certainly wont go anywhere.. They arent trustworthy so their diplomacy needs a few tweaks, but somehow they always find someone to latch on to a ride towards minor success.

12. Koopa Troopas
N/A
My alliance so I never say much.. but I mean really..who do these guys think they are? They show up way late to the party, diffuse a volcano, and trash talk all the other bigger alliances! The nerve! Their stats sucks. The name is even worse. They are a bunch of cheaters and golders to boot. But did you all notice it only took them 2 weeks to crack into the top 12?

Wow Oli, Very Good TOP 12. I like it.
8)

DeletedUser9851

very good top 12, and I'm not trying to take anything away from KT, but you can't criticize low DBP of other alliances, if yours is very low. #32 in DBP. :s

DeletedUser6798

very good top 12, and I'm not trying to take anything away from KT, but you can't criticize low DBP of other alliances, if yours is very low. #32 in DBP. :s

Ah but there is a difference. Being in the top 12 and starting one day 1, you are going to have more BP than being in the top 12 and starting a month later.

Granted I did say our BP was awful.. but look at what I said about Rational.. same thing applies. When you create an alliance, its BP is 0. So its hard to compare it with other alliances that started earlier.

With the said, I think it speaks to how weak the bottom portion of the top 12 alliances really are. Groups like MoM or War Machines have been around a lot longer, have much more BP, but didnt make the cut for top 12 because they got their teeth kicked in.. KT on the other hand has grown at an exponential rate. This has allowed us to pass these older alliances that are trending downward. Its not our fault we are in the top 12 in points.. thats more a reflection of the alliances that started in the top 12 and have fallen out.

In contrast the alliances like Jossys or Dynasty started on day 1 in the core. They have been around as a group and have had a much greater opportunity to collect BP compared to my poor old Koopas.. That also means that they are not likely to jump in the BP rankings as much as Koopa will. Look at the alliances above us in DBP.. it wont take much for our BP to level out with our point ranking.. We have just been able grow faster than we have been attacked. Even the oracle says we are the most active alliance in all of Baris :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Ah but there is a difference. Being in the top 12 and starting one day 1, you are going to have more BP than being in the top 12 and starting a month later.

Granted I did say our BP was awful.. but look at what I said about Rational.. same thing applies. When you create an alliance, its BP is 0. So its hard to compare it with other alliances that started earlier.

With the said, I think it speaks to how weak the bottom portion of the top 12 alliances really are. Groups like MoM or War Machines have been around a lot longer, have much more BP, but didnt make the cut for top 12 because they got their teeth kicked in.. KT on the other hand has grown at an exponential rate. This has allowed us to pass these older alliances that are trending downward. Its not our fault we are in the top 12 in points.. thats more a reflection of the alliances that started in the top 12 and have fallen out.

In contrast the alliances like Jossys or Dynasty started on day 1 in the core. They have been around as a group and have had a much greater opportunity to collect BP compared to my poor old Koopas.. That also means that they are not likely to jump in the BP rankings as much as Koopa will. Look at the alliances above us in DBP.. it wont take much for our BP to level out with our point ranking.. We have just been able grow faster than we have been attacked. Even the oracle says we are the most active alliance in all of Baris :D

If I may stand up for my alliance, we have actually grown immensely during the past few weeks. Compared to most of the top 12, we are a fairly new alliance, and have been climbing rankings in both BP and Points. A lot of this is due to our leaders making sure we get stuff done 8)

DeletedUser4082

If I may stand up for my alliance, we have actually grown immensely during the past few weeks. Compared to most of the top 12, we are a fairly new alliance, and have been climbing rankings in both BP and Points. A lot of this is due to our leaders making sure we get stuff done 8)

You may not...Sit back down thisisgrepolis

;)

DeletedUser6798

but but.. i said you were trending upward.. and your BP doesnt reflect on your quality (or lack there of.. i dunno)

So what exactly are you standing up for? Im not putting you down. Actually I think your group was the only one I didnt make a sarcastic remark about.. hmm thats gotta change

DeletedUser4951

AC/AG isn't going to float. Its sinking faster than the Titanic. It was a bit of a debate about whether they should internalize players who lost cities with no word yesterday.

#screwed

DeletedUser12324

Top 12 Prediction. Argentum Contego will be out of the top 5 in no more than 2 weeks.

So, maybe I was a little generous. It only took 2 days.

They will likely jump back up once they close the 3rd alliance and bring in people to their main alliance to pad their numbers back up.

Here's some advice.
smiley_emoticons_klugscheisser2.gif

Lay off recruiting people and work on building the players you have. You are only as strong as your weakest link, and right now, there is a lot of weak links.

DeletedUser

So, maybe I was a little generous. It only took 2 days.

They will likely jump back up once they close the 3rd alliance and bring in people to their main alliance to pad their numbers back up.

Here's some advice.
smiley_emoticons_klugscheisser2.gif

Lay off recruiting people and work on building the players you have. You are only as strong as your weakest link, and right now, there is a lot of weak links.

This does sum it up. AC/AG still have a good number of decent players and would form one very solid roster of players.

However when the crunch time came a 3rd alliance was set up instead of ruthlessly streamlining, it effectively painted a bullseye on them - if your enemies start conquesting more they will hit harder, if other alliances think they may miss out on cities if they don't attack then generally they will.

DeletedUser6798

I didnt receive nearly enough hate mail.. i guess ill be tougher in my next sink/swim

Argentum may not be around by then though