Top 12 Sink or Swim

DeletedUser2807

i dont know about starting late. i started first or second day, and just kept dragging people in. so while not everyone started early, i didnt plan anyone starting late. and since when are oceans 45 and 55 off to the side?

OC55 IS the Hotbed that is for sure, I will not discount any alliance but there is something to be said to that. Other worlds I played their have been groups that intentionally start late bc usually everyone who is good starts first. So the later you start as an experienced alliance the better position you will have..

For me and mine OC 55 is my home for better or worse, a lot of action which is good but fighting a uphill battle against an alliance that can rebuild in 2 days (will not name names bc got in trouble LOL, but they know) Without the Gold advantage nothing but avg players..

Pandas are a good group and I respect them for the most part...

DeletedUser2568

Pandas are a good group and I respect them for the most part...

No respect.. I knew you didnt like me AL.
smiley_emoticons_frown.gif

DeletedUser

At last, someone like Chirality unveils the truth here. Me (the german) and my second account (Araski, the english man).

I always enjoy reading a well researched opinion here :)

Just for anyones information here:

The only diplomatic tie DV has right now, is Nap with MV. I will not denie, that i help a few players from other alliances with my troops and that they return the favour now and then , because GM is fleeing to the North and handing a couple of cities over to us. It is really boring having GM as an enemy :(

And they are not even fighting back. Getting only the 3 Victory Parades for cleaning a 15k City and then conquering it?

GM, that is a shame!

I already stated that i have meet a few players here, who i learned to respect. But not one from GM.

DeletedUser11197

MV, CBS, and the Greeks have top 10 alliances on all sides, whereas pandas, monsters, and anarchists have safe territory off to the west, north, and south, respectively

indeed.

isnt this the case for every alliance that starts in the centre of the world though? not only here. in every server...

i mean, if somebody starts in the core and doesnt know what u are saying in advance, he/she surely is in the wrong ocean :)

rim alliances have the benefit of the backcover. i never exclude them from the competition anyways

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2568

indeed.

isnt this the case for every alliance that starts in the centre of the world though? not only here. in every server...

i mean, if somebody starts in the core and doesnt know what u are saying in advance, he/she surely is in the wrong ocean :)

rim alliances have the benefit of the backcover. i never exclude them from the competition anyways

There is a difference though. While there is more fighting inside the core area early, you can also build a better core quicky than the rim alliances can in my opinion. More cities, closer together makes for a tighter core than a rim alliance that is spread way the heck out. While over time the rim alliance can change that, I think starting in the core has its advantages just as starting in the rim does too.

I think the players that know how to play will thrive no matter what position they are put in.

DeletedUser6677

I'm not saying that good players won't thrive anywhere.

I was just mentioning which alliances have safe zones when commenting on which would sink or swim.

This is important because it's much easier to float along if you have a safe zone than if you have enemies on all sides.

DeletedUser

Starting in the middle of the world is better if your alliance is experienced and active - you will get more BP, have more cities closer to be conquered, and will grow faster. The rim is fine for an experienced alliance but growth will be slower from less BP, and a lot of those cities out there are new players who build/research bad cities.

DeletedUser6677

for early growth, taking simmed up 10k cities around the rim with relative ease and then re-specing them is much cheaper in resources than fighting over single cities in the core - that's how the outer alliances sneak up on you... while you fight for 1 city they take 5 easy ones..

There a few alliances around the Rim and gaining steam from what I noticed. While the Center of the World is duking it out there is always that chance of one catching the right moment...

DeletedUser

In a speed 2 world, those simmed cities by bad half-active players on the rim are closer to 3-4k, not 10k. And most have almost everything researched in academy. I personally would rather take cities from better players.

DeletedUser2568

I am with Lord Tyrion on this one, most of the outer rimmed cities are not that high until later in the game. I do agree though that outer alliances can have an advantage, but I think core alliances do as well.

DeletedUser6677

no reason to argue about it, everyone has their own play style and sleep schedule and everything that determines what part of the world is best for them... just like a real world ;)

DeletedUser2568

no reason to argue about it, everyone has their own play style and sleep schedule and everything that determines what part of the world is best for them... just like a real world ;)

Sleep.... what is that?

DeletedUser11197

This is an honest and impartial effort to do a decent top 12.

MV- My alliance. We progress naturaly.. nuff said

CBS CBS 2 – Quality bunch of players, in a core ocean and clustered tight. No3 both in ABP n DBP. Fighting crew. Not loosing cities. Cant see them stop expanding. SWIM

Pandamonium – They got some quality in their ranks. Not positioned well though. Bit scattered especially in 45, although they are trying to close the gaps lately. No4 both in ABP n DBP. Fighting crew. Next couple of months will show what they are really made off. SWIM for now

GM/HM – They got some quality in their ranks. Clustered well enough and with no real danger in their north. Loosing cities to MV n DV. No2 both in ABP n DBP. Fighting crew. They will naturally try to expand in the north. It seems they will loose ground in the south. North should keep em goin. SWIM

TGS/TGD- So far they are doin good holding their ground in 55. Well clustered.They are loosing a fair amount of cities to CBS lately though. Their eastern cluster should keep em goin for a while. No competition there. TGS No5 in both ABP n DBP. TGD only kind of attacking as of yet. FLOAT

GB- Rim alliance with no real challenging competition as of now. Quite well clustered in their ocean for the circumstances. Only way for them to continue growin is to clash with COO. Far more aggressive ally than COO, so i c them winning this. Benefit of safe back, so i see them actually SWIM for a while

AC – They continue to hold their ground strangely, as they are low in BP for their position. Too many friends? Dunno.. They are clustered very well, but i think if 1 or 2 of their north/northeast neighboors really focus on them, they will eventually fold. FLOAT/SINK

TLN – They got some daring players in their ranks. Really low in both ABP n DBP. Not clustered on the rim. I guess they too have friends .. Interesting small cluster in the core by a handful of their best players. My guess is, They will prolly merge with Panda in the end. So Float for now and Sink later on.

CoO – No quality in their ranks except for a very few players. Low ABP n DBP. Cant see how they will manage to stay alive. SINK

DV – They got some players of high calibre. They got unlucky at starts clashing with MV, but now seem to stabilize their position and even push GM/HM. I don’t see them competiting for the crown or anything else tbh, BUT their top quality players should keep em alive for a long way, provided their diplomacy plays smart. FLOAT

I like to point out some good signs from alliances outside the top 12.

They are

Celtic Warriors for winning a rim ocean
The Horsemen for their bravery as a whole and the quality of a handful of their players.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2568

Well clan1 glad to see you getting active on the forums. I do like your top 12, very well done I think those you mentioned outside the top 12 were good ones to mention.

DeletedUser11197

Well clan1 glad to see you getting active on the forums. I do like your top 12, very well done I think those you mentioned outside the top 12 were good ones to mention.

ty trav

i have been active in forums (en) for the past 2 years.

i like the chit chat in here. provided there isnt someone who talks cheap ;)