Thracian Conquest Discussion Thread

DeletedUser

Is anyone else having issues with the rewards? I have completed three battles so far and was not given the option to use or store the reward spells.

DeletedUser10059

For some reason I have not gotten any extra troops
Logged in today and it said I had 9 of ten mercenary events done
Not sure what is going on with that

Thanks

DeletedUser7813

I'm really thinking this event should be just a constant part of the game. It really adds to it.

DeletedUser

Yah, wishful thinking. Lucy Lawless is now just short of being old enough to play Medusa, and there's a dearth of femmes with just the right combination of assets and skills to do the role justice.

Jillian from the Biggest Loser could play a seriously convincing Xena.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as this Thracian Game. I'm getting a kick out of it. It's like playing a side-game of Forge of Empires. Whoever thought it up is a cross-marketing genius. Very clever.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Keeping this in full time would be an excellent addition to the game, but it would change the game dynamics.

DeletedUser10520

I quite like this as a side game but would not like to see it as a permanent addition. I don't much like the idea of pretty much being able to "buy" the buff's you want. I think it could unbalance the game....

DeletedUser

I quite like this as a side game but would not like to see it as a permanent addition. I don't much like the idea of pretty much being able to "buy" the buff's you want. I think it could unbalance the game....

It's the best event I've done yet. Sadly though, it appears to be a clear cash grab from Inno... I don't believe you can even complete battleground 60(if you skip non-essential battlegrounds) without using gold. I haven't checked the math or anything but I believe this is the case using my current progress with the 10 daily reinforcements and 7 hour heals.

If you start dumping gold into the event through the last two weeks(once you have a bit of mercenaries built up), you can heal spam your way to a massive number of rewards. Unless there's a timer on using the instant heal for 50 gold, I haven't tried it yet myself. That wouldn't make much sense though. Inno wants you to spend as much gold as possible on the event, why would they cap the amount of gold you can blow?

I may have to just go Vacation Mode the last week of the event... The heavy gold users will start crushing people with the number of rewards they'll be able to just spam relentlessly at that point. On a speed 3 world, the rewards are quite substantial(500+ hops, 45+ harpies, 250+ horses) and can be claimed every 4 hours...

DeletedUser

SURPRISE! Inno rolls out the 10% gold bonus... Saw that coming a mile away... They're really pushing for people to buy gold on this event.

DeletedUser

Will you add this to the new map after the first set of protection wears off?

DeletedUser

I feel like the first battleground will ruin the early game if the event comes out for the new world....everyone running around with 200+ swords dosn't sound fun.

DeletedUser7582

I feel like the first battleground will ruin the early game if the event comes out for the new world....everyone running around with 200+ swords dosn't sound fun.

Agreed. It would turn the whole world into one enormous turtle.

DeletedUser10953

There should have been a bonus for finishing all of the battlegrounds. I was expecting another Cultural Level..needless to say I was disappointed.

DeletedUser9662

There should have been a bonus for finishing all of the battlegrounds. I was expecting another Cultural Level..needless to say I was disappointed.

Really? I disagree with you on this. There were plenty of other awards you could get just by clearing the battleground again, that were unique and very useful.

DeletedUser

the DBP perks make up for a culture level to me any day. plus the only way to finish this thing quick is to spend gold so spending Gold on another CL is bull.

DeletedUser

the DBP perks make up for a culture level to me any day. plus the only way to finish this thing quick is to spend gold so spending Gold on another CL is bull.

You can already easily spend gold to buy another culture level with this event, or multiple should you prefer. Unlike previous events, the rewards for this are fixed. With the forge event for example, you would have a CHANCE to get troop reinforcements from any of the three chests, they were not guaranteed. With this event you can spam out troop reinforcement rewards CONSTANTLY(every 4 hours) as long as you have enough gold to heal your mercenaries. You have to remember that troops essentially ARE culture levels. You build them, kill stuff, and hold your processions.

If you can't get a few culture levels with 9 harpies/6 hour(OR 15 chariots/6 hours, 9 eri/hour, 60 hops/7 hours, 60 slingers/5 hours, 30 horse/9 hours. You can claim ALL of these every time they reset.) rewards every 4 hours over the course of the event, you're doing something wrong.

Given enough gold, the number of troop rewards you can collect is mind boggling. With the previous events, even if you dumped a ton of gold, you would be statistically limited on the number of reinforcement rewards.

DeletedUser8562

You can already easily spend gold to buy another culture level with this event, or multiple should you prefer. Unlike previous events, the rewards for this are fixed. With the forge event for example, you would have a CHANCE to get troop reinforcements from any of the three chests, they were not guaranteed. With this event you can spam out troop reinforcement rewards CONSTANTLY(every 4 hours) as long as you have enough gold to heal your mercenaries. You have to remember that troops essentially ARE culture levels. You build them, kill stuff, and hold your processions.

If you can't get a few culture levels with 9 harpies/6 hour(OR 15 chariots/6 hours, 9 eri/hour, 60 hops/7 hours, 60 slingers/5 hours, 30 horse/9 hours. You can claim ALL of these every time they reset.) rewards every 4 hours over the course of the event, you're doing something wrong.

Given enough gold, the number of troop rewards you can collect is mind boggling. With the previous events, even if you dumped a ton of gold, you would be statistically limited on the number of reinforcement rewards.

But isn't there a limit on how many times you can defeat a battleground? Like 3 or 4 times each?