Thracian Conquest Discussion Thread

DeletedUser

Why Thrace? Just asking, I do like reading about the Odrysians, Triballi, Tylis, etc, but why Thrace?

DeletedUser

Thracian Conquest Release

Unlike the other events we had in the past (Jason’s hen from the Underworld, Hephaestus’ Forge, etc) the Thracian Conquest will not be released in all markets at the same time: markets have been clustered together and there will be different release dates for each of them. This is due to a big cooperation that we have with the film studio Paramount and the brand new Hercules movie, coming in theater this summer! Therefore, the Thracian Conquest event will be released around the same time than the Hercules movie in your country.

http://www.mightyhercules.com/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1267297/?ref_=hm_otw_tt1

DeletedUser10773

Hercules? That namby-pamby muscle bound goat-cheese eating son of a swine herder .. Xena Warrior Princess would have been better. She wouldn't need help either, she's smite those dew-licking Thracian toads all by herself.8)

DeletedUser10773

Yah, wishful thinking. Lucy Lawless is now just short of being old enough to play Medusa, and there's a dearth of femmes with just the right combination of assets and skills to do the role justice.

DeletedUser9662

Cant wait for this event, its going to be so much fun!

DeletedUser10773

It'll be a welcome distraction and add some interest since I'm playing a speed 1 world. Like watching paint peel.
smiley_emoticons_frown.gif

DeletedUser39

The original announcement stated the event would start around 10AM UTC+2, so I halted the building of structures/units and such so that I could earn myself a couple of mercenaries right away, but it's nearing 12AM now. Any info on this, or am I the only one not seeing the event?

EDIT: 13:30 UTC+2 and still no event. Can we have an update on this? I can't be the only one that was really getting prepared for this one...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The release for him here is the 25th, it was a typo on my part in the original announcement, my apologies.

DeletedUser10267

I am looking forward to this new event. It looks like fun.

DeletedUser9662

Just started for me, its fun :). I also like the new grepolis logo at the top of the forums