Persian conquest feedback thread

DeletedUser

I will probably regret posting, but a few things.

1) There is no question on the newer servers 100Mil caves is a grave imbalance. It makes it pointless to stack your own caves and takes away an important strategical element to the game. May not matter on late servers where everyone has multi millions in caves, it is game breaking on servers people are barely getting into 6 figures cave amounts.

2) I know no one wants "Opinion" on what is happening but from Naxos 1st was Faction, 2nd Sea Wolves, 3rd/4th Ascension and all rewards were given as such. However starting on 5th+ place prizes they dont even announcement mail the take overs any more. Could be reward will come after event ends in one big ball to anyone who got cities after 4th? Granted that is speculation but educated guess.

3) If you want to brag about killing noob alliances that have never mattered, bring it home to the server forums where no one will still care but at least its the right place.

DeletedUser

Had there just been one super city with 99 mil in the cave the I would say okay unfair. But every alliance has the chance to get a super city so to day it's unfair to me sound to much like crying because your alliance choose not to go after one. With the amount of troops it took to take one city let alone the 2 we took you deserve everything you get.

DeletedUser

Ya no one cares about how you want to kick someone's butt. This should only be for feedback or questions on Persian Conquest.

This is true. There are many ways of thinking and looking at a situation. There is nothing wrong with choosing to not go after one of the cities from the game and there is nothing with with going after them.

It was fun and a pleasure playing the game inside a game with the other alliances. Cities should have been more stacked in the harbor and either less stacked in the DLU or have even bigger rewards. Overall pretty good game

DeletedUser

Had there just been one super city with 99 mil in the cave the I would say okay unfair. But every alliance has the chance to get a super city so to day it's unfair to me sound to much like crying because your alliance choose not to go after one. With the amount of troops it took to take one city let alone the 2 we took you deserve everything you get.

I am a Sea Wolf, we have one, our allies 2, and wont be much to take more. Our enemies have none, and in fact your guys "The Faction" are the only alliance not in our group to snag a city. Guess what? I still think it is ridiculous and game unbalancing. Most alliances will not be able to get one of these cities on Naxos because the top alliances watch for them being cleared and will vulture them until a point smaller alliances give up or the NPC cities are too far. It is not crying its fact. A single city with a cave larger than hundreds of players is what is called lop sided even if you want to refuse to admit it with your ignorance.

Espionage shouldnt be made irrelevant because of one event.

DeletedUser

I concur with both Lucifer's Nephew and Whytheface. I have no respect for those, who have no respect for logic (Arnold Schwarzenegger as 'Julius' in the movie 'Twins').

DeletedUser7490

I was excited by this quest and the rewards, especially after the Thracian quest which was pretty entertaining,

however once the reality of things struck, I realized how clever a innogames quest this was, think about it, the perfect money maker, a heavily defense loaded city that every alliance member would blow their offense on to clear and conquer, = everybody on complete offense rebuilds for the following days after clearing one...... how many of us have since reduced training times for rebuilds, and then also picked up some extra gold with todays 15% extra offer ? the marketing genius of Grepo, and it worked perfectly >_< lol

PS I hope the mods remember to remove the 100 million silver in the caves, as thats an unfair advantage for any alliance to gain just from a quest. lol

DeletedUser7490

HB would have got the second super city, but EHmm someone spiked and pinched it on us after we cleared around 40+k of its dlu :p but completely agree the silver laden caves are an unbalancing factor, it can also be argued too that the perks the top alliances snagged too would hand another one sided advantage to the already dominant alliances, same as im hearing is going on in other servers where all the largest alliances are spiking n snagging more.

but the main point of these quests is for innogames to get new sports cars and bonuses, so lets keep these things in mind every time they trick us with these quests lmao

DeletedUser

lol Hi Wolf! To be honest at first I thought you guys were trying to last minute snag the city from us as we were pouring our heart and offense into it. Mole and I were the ones to tear down the walls, a lot of people underestimated 40+ Cats in a wave =) But after seeing Grepo stats you guys worked for it at least as hard and then some. Was never our intent to screw you over. I even posted early in the morning before we started we should be wary of allied over lap but .. =(

In the end that is a good example of why the caves are OP and not everyone who can get one will. I do know one thing though you are right about Inno winning. Some of our guys golded to get troops up fast from the losses we had over the weekend war =P

DeletedUser

i dont care if grep wants sports cars for their employees. Many of them deserve it as i myself been playing this game for over 4 years. Its one thing to boost pop, or speed units or give extra resources. The cave thing is just a mistake no matter which way you look at it. Right now i really hope they are figuring a way to drain the cave. To be honest, i rarely send spies as a HC is almost just as good in my opinion. Still spies and caves are a part of this game and grep needs to slow their roll as they might just change this game one to many times. We have dealt with heroes, island quests, re balancing and now infinite caves? Draw a line grep, draw a line.

DeletedUser5973

why did I not receive any reports from my defense being hit in one of these cities?

DeletedUser8823

I am a Sea Wolf, we have one, our allies 2, and wont be much to take more. Our enemies have none, and in fact your guys "The Faction" are the only alliance not in our group to snag a city. Guess what? I still think it is ridiculous and game unbalancing. Most alliances will not be able to get one of these cities on Naxos because the top alliances watch for them being cleared and will vulture them until a point smaller alliances give up or the NPC cities are too far. It is not crying its fact. A single city with a cave larger than hundreds of players is what is called lop sided even if you want to refuse to admit it with your ignorance.

Espionage shouldnt be made irrelevant because of one event.

Absolutely agree with you. The cave is a completely unfair advantage to those that take the city.

DeletedUser

One of the issues that I saw was the sanctions mods issued for people with declared shared connections. These people that I knew of follow the rules but in this case they forgot the no attack for 48hrs rule. I agree with the 48hr rule regarding regular players but a fictional one is a big extension on the rules. I know within my alliance this was really popular and we had almost 100% participation on it.

At min. a message reminding declared connections that the rules remain in place would help solve the issue.

Sanctions for non-declared connections of course should be enforced.

Kariella

Hoplite
maybe i missed the answer to this question in this thread... and my apologies if I did...

but how long will the extended inventory last?

is there or will there be a cutoff date where we need to use everything in the extended inventory by?

will there be an option to move extended inventory items to regular inventory?

DeletedUser8461

So 100 million cave wasn't a mistake? That's laughable, Devs. An asinine thought - I'd love to know the reasons behind it by whoever's idea that was.

DeletedUser5088

maybe i missed the answer to this question in this thread... and my apologies if I did...

but how long will the extended inventory last?

is there or will there be a cutoff date where we need to use everything in the extended inventory by?

will there be an option to move extended inventory items to regular inventory?

wondering this too.

DeletedUser11320

First, let me say Happy Birthday to Grepolis. I've been playing off and on since 1.0, and I want to thank everybody for the hard work you do, and the great amount of enjoyment you have given me over the years.

Now, my actual comment:

"Persian Conquest" is a pretty awful event. Sorry, but its just not what we had hoped. The supercity assault is about as exciting as slicing bread. We're pouring troops down a hole with no way to gauge our progress after the harbor is cleared. My alliance, normally enthusiastic when we get a chance to really do something alliance wide that will benefit all of us, has just been beaten down by the drudgery of sending wave after wave of Land Units, reading meaningless reports, and rebuillding to do it again.

The 100 cities is a great idea, but most go to waste. Likewise, very few alliances will still be involved in this event the last 30 days it is available, because most of us have no desire to do it twice.

Byz is one thing, but on some of the younger worlds, they've already had four winners, so activity on the event is pretty much done after the first week of a six-week event
So, rather than just slam you folks for giving us a bad event, i'd like to make a suggestion that might improve these events in the future:

Make the defensive stacks in the cities smaller, say 15-20% of what they are for "Persian Conquest", and give rewards to the alliances that capture the most cities in 45 days. Then you would have a full 45 day event, that got more exciting and suspenseful as the weeks pass, instead of less. I would also recommend allowing spies next time, since half our morale problem is keeping people interested when they are seemingly accomplishing nothing.

Just my take on it.

DeletedUser7992

First, let me say Happy Birthday to Grepolis. I've been playing off and on since 1.0, and I want to thank everybody for the hard work you do, and the great amount of enjoyment you have given me over the years.

Now, my actual comment:

"Persian Conquest" is a pretty awful event. Sorry, but its just not what we had hoped. The supercity assault is about as exciting as slicing bread. We're pouring troops down a hole with no way to gauge our progress after the harbor is cleared. My alliance, normally enthusiastic when we get a chance to really do something alliance wide that will benefit all of us, has just been beaten down by the drudgery of sending wave after wave of Land Units, reading meaningless reports, and rebuillding to do it again.

The 100 cities is a great idea, but most go to waste. Likewise, very few alliances will still be involved in this event the last 30 days it is available, because most of us have no desire to do it twice.

Byz is one thing, but on some of the younger worlds, they've already had four winners, so activity on the event is pretty much done after the first week of a six-week event
So, rather than just slam you folks for giving us a bad event, i'd like to make a suggestion that might improve these events in the future:

Make the defensive stacks in the cities smaller, say 15-20% of what they are for "Persian Conquest", and give rewards to the alliances that capture the most cities in 45 days. Then you would have a full 45 day event, that got more exciting and suspenseful as the weeks pass, instead of less. I would also recommend allowing spies next time, since half our morale problem is keeping people interested when they are seemingly accomplishing nothing.

Just my take on it.

Well said.. we decided not to waste troops because we have many real enemies so we stole a nameless alliances event city.. This event is trash

DeletedUser

A little clarification here on the rewards. First alliance to conquer one of these "super cities" receives the 1st reward plus the general reward. How are they divided up from there? Does every alliance member receive this reward if their alliance is the first to conquer one of these cities?:
f11b92ebc4.png
6bbc779ac1.png

The alliance I am in was first on US19 Sigma and we only got the 9x reward, we did not get the extra 1x reward