Pandora's Box 2018 Feedback Thread

Meg TheBeagle

Philosopher
Along with the poor box rewards, the difficulty to close the boxes increases with each new level without increasing the number of troops you can buy for gold. The boxes become ridiculously expensive. I was playing the event in the hope of getting some LS buffs at the end but as of today, I'm boycotting. It's just not worth it.
smiley_emoticons_fluch4_GREEN.gif

DeletedUser5524

Along with the poor box rewards, the difficulty to close the boxes increases with each new level without increasing the number of troops you can buy for gold. The boxes become ridiculously expensive. I was playing the event in the hope of getting some LS buffs at the end but as of today, I'm boycotting. It's just not worth it.
Tbh the rewards are really rewarding, especially box 10 lol. Just takes some patience.

DeletedUser11525

I'm just going as far as I can without spending any gold. The boxes aren't worth spending anything.

DeletedUser8461

Event difficulty scaling is a bit ridiculous. Becoming obvious we aren't meant to get the top boxes without really laying down some gold. Big thumbs down.

DeletedUser16136

Event difficulty scaling is a bit ridiculous. Becoming obvious we aren't meant to get the top boxes without really laying down some gold. Big thumbs down.
Yea, agreed. This event went from pretty bad to terrible. So many fails
smiley_emoticons_frown.gif

DeletedUser9037

Scaling on difficulty level is way off. After level 20 you are lucky if you catch a spirit every other try, yesterday I lost 11 times in a row. And this is at max unit bonus and everything. I don't think the gold it will cost me to do each level 20 tries will make up for getting to level 40 to get 50% battle points for two weeks. I can just snipe olu with a double boost on and get the same points.

DeletedUser13931

Event is easy. Send less than half the troops advised per mission and in a day you will complete a box. Set a timer, do some work, run another mission. Event is just repetitive, but it is simple.

Ryvirath

Lochagos
I appreciate all the specific feedback guys, it helps shape our future events and contests!
I'll make sure to pass along the sentiments to the rest of the team! :)

DeletedUser9037

Event is easy. Send less than half the troops advised per mission and in a day you will complete a box. Set a timer, do some work, run another mission. Event is just repetitive, but it is simple.

Not sure what level you are on, but sending half the amount when the total chance percentage is already way less than 50% just makes it worse. I can tell in my world that everyone else is fed up with it also, because the numbers did not change much this weekend, and have gotten messages complaining about how bad it is. While the idea to not make us use our own troops was nice, Inno still needed a way to get the gold out of us since we were not golding units up for each level, especially the higher levels. But to have multiple people say it takes 35+ tries to close a box and that it is not worth it, tells me that I am not doing anything incorrectly.

Wish all the people that were complaining in game would take the couple minutes to complain in the externals....

DeletedUser11525

II like not having to use my own units for the event, although I hate the gold option to buy more. So far (box 22), I've only run out of a particular unit once, and I was able to finish using different missions.

My biggest issue with the event is the meager rewards, and the steep decrease in the odds. I like that we aren't getting full myth nukes as a reward, but only getting 4 or 6 harpies or mantis is pathetic for the time involved, and the inability to go back an reopen a particular box that you like.

Next time, keep the free units, but allow players to use their existing units (always a good way to use up units you don't want any more, especially with the decrease in BP from attacking allies), along with the gold purchase option.

Also, up the awards to make it more worth playing the event. And/or provide a choice of awards for various boxes, so the player can grab what they are interested in (myths, resources, favor, etc).

Finally, I do like that a larger range of players get awards (top 50), instead of just the top 3 players.

DeletedUser15919

Wish all the people that were complaining in game would take the couple minutes to complain in the externals....

After years of prior administrative bans handed out & the general low level of interest in Grepolis - external accounts are few & far between now...

DeletedUser14893

My biggest issue is that these 50% chance (give or take a couple) I find failing way more often than that. Box 24 that I started this morning, right at 50% for each mission, and I have failed 6 and succeeded on 1. Last I checked, 1/7 is not 50%. I never go on a 4-5 straight success streak. But I sure do fail that many in a row quite often. And that's just today, been like that for several boxes now. Unless I'm the most unlucky person in this event, those percentages are way off. Rewards are not with blowing any gold on this to overcome the awful success rate.

DeletedUser16157

My biggest issue is that these 50% chance (give or take a couple) I find failing way more often than that. Box 24 that I started this morning, right at 50% for each mission, and I have failed 6 and succeeded on 1. Last I checked, 1/7 is not 50%. I never go on a 4-5 straight success streak. But I sure do fail that many in a row quite often.
Yep, it appears that Inno has been lying to us.

I posted my data and proof of this here: https://en.forum.grepolis.com/index.php?threads/proof-that-pandoras-box-is-a-lie.61859/

Figured it would be better to just link to my en forums post than duplicate it here.

DeletedUser14792

Anyone know how long after the event ends that we have to use or store the tokens?

DeletedUser16108

I don't like to complain about free stuff but this is easily the worst event I have been around for. The scaling is terrible. The higher level rewards are not worth the effort. Also the percentages seem to be suspicious.

Edit: please ignore my newcomer status with this account... I have been around for years.

Edit... Edit... when you fail a max troop bonus 50-60% chance success 7 or 8 times in a row it almost becomes insulting.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser11243

Not a fan of the event. I see a lot of people posting that the event is easy - sure, but that doesn't make it fun or rewarding or worthwhile. Of course it is easy - press buttons. I've been very consistent with the troops that I send, and the fail/success is all over the place. There is no consistency. One time I fail and get 50 points. The next time with the same challenge, same troops, I succeed with max points.

DeletedUser11243

I do really like the rewards though. I love chain lightning. I'm glad to see that back along with things like Ritual: Demoralizing plague. Pandora's rewards are very nice too. I like how we aren't seeing excessive myths, and the overall reward for the top players overall are very nice. My issue is in what you have to do to get the rewards. The mysterious mathematical part which seems like it is methodical and controlled by strict rules and equations, but really is just a crap shoot.