Early Sink Or Swim?

DeletedUser

Who are you referring to here? Usual Suspects of Heraklion?

Think he's talking about the quality of leadership as a whole as opposed to EN servers.
On EN brute force doesn't get you as far as it does on US servers, because the leaders here are demoralized easily as opposed to the EN counterparts.

I know this is going to have some people raging and there does seem to be some debate over it but I have to agree that EN servers are more hardcore than US :)

DeletedUser

Anyone care to way in on who they think is going to Swim, Float, and Sink?

DeletedUser

1 The Borg Collective - They look strong based on their stats, but with what I've heard of the leadership (already trying to form a coalition on day one for example...) I honestly have doubts about the leadership. For now I'll say Float, leadership needs to man up if it has any hope of swimming.
2 FRIENDS - Hold a couple of strong core islands so the potential is there, however given their blind invites I seriously doubt the loyalty of the membership (or participation for that matter). This has to be a Sink
3 FireBreathing Ducks - Not heard a great deal on these but given their position they certainly look to last for a while. Provided they use smart diplomacy (or should I say don't annoy all of the other 3 big alliances nearby) they will certainly survive. Some dead weight but I'll say Float with slight chance of a Swim
4 Lockdown - The only other alliance I've heard a fair deal on other than borg. Promising stats, half decent positioning and (from what I can tell) better leadership convince me that they will last for some time. Swim!
5 Kings of Olympus - Poor stats and Olympus in it's name.... Just no...
6 Ancient Warriors - Similar to the alliance above, just replaced one terrible name with another...
7 Natus Vincere - Call me crazy but despite having an average lower than 1k they could possibly last due to how tight they are... For the most part anyway. Just wondering why they have odd members crop up here and there (and why a member in O53 when you're based in 55?!) Float
8 Radioactive - Again fairly tight group but a few randomly dotted members, provided they decide carefully between who they back (Borg or LD) they should Swim, choose badly and floating is more likely.
9 Lords of Chaos - Another poor name, indicating that they are likely led by a 13 year old. Seriously just disband this thing now.
10 L.O.L, 11 The killers and 12 Fun House - All have poor stats, all will sink
13 Honour and Power - My alliance so cant comment
14 BurnInHell - This name hurt my feelings :(. Tightly based in Northern O54 their sightly low average can be excused, certainly have potential and as I haven't awarded many yet in this ocean Swim!
15 Wrath of Fire - Based right in the core with a poor average, most likely be eaten for bp. Sink.
16 Delian League - Based in the south of O53 and have acceptable stats for their location, Float
17 Knights Order - A very average group in an area surrounded by the more impressive looking alliances. Dark horse? Unlikely... Sorry but sink
18 Rebellion - Too spread out to be effective, take a guess...
19 The Dark Phoenix - As soon as I saw phoenix I was tempted to just say sink... But no I decided to look at their area on the map anyway.... Yeah too spread out so it's still a sink.
20 The Thracians - As a General rule of thumb any alliance named after a well known greek faction is likely to be a disappointment, it's nice to see this tradition continue :) Sink

Yes I know at points I may have been a little lazy/harsh etc. Thats it... Just pointing out that I am aware :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Have one of your members right below me so have noticed you, nice average but fairly spread out. I would say Float but due to your more distant players being a drain on resources (well they're likely to be at least) things could turn sour.

DeletedUser

Hello this may sound noobish but how do you make a spoiler in the grepolis forums?

DeletedUser

From what I know when I look at Grepolis Intel. It says you guys have only played in this world and Ithaca and your not great in either of them. Ok. Unless you guys had different accounts and made new ones which I doubt.

DeletedUser9824

From what I know when I look at Grepolis Intel. It says you guys have only played in this world and Ithaca and your not great in either of them. Ok. Unless you guys had different accounts and made new ones which I doubt.
A lot of people do that, also, people play on EN which requires a different account

DeletedUser

A lot of people do that, also, people play on EN which requires a different account

I know I do that but from when I have talked with them they have acted like they haven't played before either but we will have a interview with the main founder so we will see how he answers the questions.

DeletedUser4951

Firebreathingducks, Radioactive, Lockdown, and TBC will not be able to back one another. Any attempt to do so is just plain stupid. Face it guys and gals it be a free for all. Any attempt to go around that will be a high risk and low payout move.

DeletedUser8732

Firebreathingducks, Radioactive, Lockdown, and TBC will not be able to back one another. Any attempt to do so is just plain stupid. Face it guys and gals it be a free for all. Any attempt to go around that will be a high risk and low payout move.

You look familiar....Thebes?

DeletedUser8732

not yet ;)

Prefer servers w/o morale, though, so maybe not ever

DeletedUser8889

sarahs been jumping alliances left and right she doesn't know what to do without you monkey lol