dead world

Raevonwolff

Citizen
Perhaps ‘lamenting’ was a generalization on my part. If the winners in US 101 and other worlds are satisfied winning worlds that are non competitive after the first OP then power to them.

I didn’t play US 101 so I don’t know whether it fits into my narrative (maybe it does, maybe it doesn’t), however you didn’t mention anything about 101 that contradicts me. Maybe I didn’t make this clear enough, but my point isn’t that you recruit good players and then the tooth fairy magically puts the win under your pillow. My point is that once people realize a large difference in ability between the groups (through playing the game) they often lose motivation and other problems begin to occur (which sounds almost exactly like what you said happened after the first OP).

As for "But the reasons cannot be reduced to a winners’ formula of recruiting “the most dedicated, skilled, and experienced players.”", this is close, but not really my point. My point is that having a large imbalance of the “the most dedicated, skilled, and experienced” players is what does it. And I’m not trying to say it is the only reason, but a large one and that many other reasons are downstream from it (lack of motivation for example).

What I’m trying to say is that it seems odd to blame the losers in 101 for the world being non competitive when everyone knows that the group that has the ability to recruit ‘the four players that defected after the Op’ is almost always the one that holds most of the cards.

Also I’m nitpicking, but I specifically avoided the use of the word talent in my original post because obviously the word itself is hard to define with regards to Grep. I think there are a variety of factors that can contribute to someone being a ‘talented’ Grep player including: dedication, skill, and experience (which is why I used those words).

The world became non-competitive because the other alliances didn't have sound strategy and gave up without a fight. They b*itched out. Plain and simple. If there is an alliance that is far ahead above the others, that is EXACTLY the purpose of forming pacts. They could have done that and been competitive. They could have done that and even had a chance of beating us at one point. They didn't try. They didn't work as a team within their alliances. They didn't form a strong pact. Then they gave up and ran away. They lost because they didn't have the strategy or the fortitude or heart to keep playing. It could have been anyone's game. We didn't have all the best players. We still don't. Hell, I'm not one of the best players. I would call myself decent. Maybe good. But not one of the best. We don't have crap players, but we don't have all the best. They gotten beaten into submission with hardly a fight at all, not because they sucked, but because they didn't play well enough as a team and they didn't have the guts to keep fighting after a setback.

Last edited:

Lord Corny

Artisan
The world became non-competitive because the other alliances didn't have sound strategy and gave up without a fight. They b*itched out. Plain and simple. If there is an alliance that is far ahead above the others, that is EXACTLY the purpose of forming pacts. They could have done that and been competitive. They could have done that and even had a chance of beating us at one point. They didn't try. They didn't work as a team within their alliances. They didn't form a strong pact. Then they gave up and ran away. They lost because they didn't have the strategy or the fortitude or heart to keep playing. It could have been anyone's game. We didn't have all the best players. We still don't. Hell, I'm not one of the best players. I would call myself decent. Maybe good. But not one of the best. We don't have crap players, but we don't have all the best. They gotten beaten into submission with hardly a fight at all, not because they sucked, but because they didn't play well enough as a team and they didn't have the guts to keep fighting after a setback.
Hey Raevon yall are not the reason everyone ghosted . we weren't scared of yall at all [and i still aint ]. what happened is whats been happening on almost every sever anymore someone got pissed off at someone and instead of just brushing it off and being the bigger person .they go off and blow up and act like a kid in a sandbox [im going home and taking my toys with me ] and its BS but that what the worlds about anymore just a bunch of SNOWFLAKES

Hey Raevon yall are not the reason everyone ghosted . we weren't scared of yall at all [and i still aint ]. what happened is whats been happening on almost every sever anymore someone got pissed off at someone and instead of just brushing it off and being the bigger person .they go off and blow up and act like a kid in a sandbox [im going home and taking my toys with me ] and its BS but that what the worlds about anymore just a bunch of SNOWFLAKES

This exchange is all kind of funny because Raevon isn’t even in this world and I’m pretty sure they’re referring to US101-Carystus. And Lord Corny just lost 7 cities in 2 days so if he isn’t scared maybe he should be! Lol

Raevonwolff

Citizen
This exchange is all kind of funny because Raevon isn’t even in this world and I’m pretty sure they’re referring to US101-Carystus. And Lord Corny just lost 7 cities in 2 days so if he isn’t scared maybe he should be! Lol
[/QUOTE hnuquist was talking about 101 in that comment I replied to. From the looks of this thread, the same thing is happening in 102 though. :)

Yes, I figured you were referring to 101, but little Lord Cornhole-y didn’t get that, that’s why it’s funny.

Only person I meant to imply was confused was little Lord Cornhole-y. Apologies tor the vagueness.

DeletedUser16080

Wish I knew of the world back before it opened...would've joined. Guess its to late now. :/

TeddyFlood

Messenger
Is this world still dead?

I am looking for a new world to join soon and I like the stats of this one. But if nothing is happening here, it probably wouldn't do much good to join now.