Commentary on the Top 5 Alliances

DeletedUser

Here I am at the bottom of the totem pole (points wise), looking up! And you know what kind of view that gives me, don't you? Ouch! I'm a low-point, new, player on this world trying to comment about the top Alliances. As my daddy used to say, "That's like kissin' the south end of a northbound cow...."!

So I'm woefully under qualified to give any commentary on the top 12 alliances, and - frankly - I'm too lazy to comment on 12 alliances that I know nothing about. However, I'm bored, have some extra time on my hands, and figured I'd take a stab at the top 5. I hope slobo.c doesn't mind me starting a new thread, but I figured I'd start with a new ball of wax.

So here it goes; the view from the bottom (as I like to call it)!

1 Ace of Hearts 831263 94 8843
-----Poised to dominate the core of the world; currently #1 in Ocean 44, 45 and 55. The final piece of their puzzle is ocean 54 where they are currently in 5th place. If they could dominate the core, that would be impressive. They have a nice point-average. 17 of their top 20 members have had conquers in the last week. With rare exceptions, their top 20 players also seem to be gaining hundreds of attack battle points weekly (if not daily!). I'd call that "aggressive and strong". Despite the cork drama, I think they'll stay on top for a while longer.

2 The Storm Crows 586677 100 5867
-----Their strongest presence is in o55 where they are second. They are also 2nd in o44. They have a decent point average. 8 of their top 20 have had a conquer in the past week. A quick scan of the top players battle points shows them to be a bit less aggressive than Ace. I think they will need to make some smart diplomatic or membership decisions if they want to stay at #2; I think the chances of them moving into #1 spot is slim.

3 -IMMORTALS- 434158 118 3679
-----A large, young, "southern" alliance currently dominating o56. 8 of their top members have had conquers in the last week; which I think is good for a low-average-point alliance like this. Attack BP's show a fairly active top-tier with some other notables; they certainly have some fighters. They should stay out of the core; move in safer directions. They need to watch recruitment and diplomacy; if they do that then they might have a chance of holding onto these top spots - maybe even climbing up.

4 Knights Templar 422220 47 8983
-----The Knights Templar are a core alliance which means they are swimming with sharks. But it's clear they have a few sharks within their ranks too. A nice point-average among the relatively small membership. 9 of their top 20 have had conquers in the last week. They are 2nd in o45, which is their power base. They could potentially challenge AoH for the #1 spot in that ocean. They need to stay smart with membership (quality over quantity), they need to pay attention to geography and diplomacy, but they'll be a force in o45 for quite some time, I think.

5 Betas Reckoning 385328 38 10140
-----Another core alliance with primary focus on o54 and o55 where they are holding 3rd place. Only 38 members, yet still, 14 of their top 20 members have had conquers in the last week (very nice!). Active battle points; excellent average-points per member. This is a small, active, aggressive, core alliance. These tend to be my personal favorite types of alliances because communication and team participation is usually at a high level. They need to decide if they are going to hunker down in the core and fight hard for every new inch, or break out to the noobish edges where picking for their members will be "easy" comparatively. Whatever they do, they won't be pushed over anytime soon. Rankings for an alliance like this is less important then their performance in-game. They still need to recruit, they can't be too exclusive, and some smart diplomacy will help if they want to stay in the top 5. But there is a good chance they will slip in the rankings as the MRA approach inflates the points of some lower-quality alliances.

thisisgrepolis

Moderators may move as appropriate.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13

This could be merged with Top 12!
I dont see reason for this thread!

DeletedUser

See? Already made a mistake! If I could delete and re-post under the other thread, I would....

DeletedUser

You forget to say the most important thing at your analize.... this 4 cowards alliances are all fighting against the Aces ... is simple to find who are the lions and who are the schakals

DeletedUser39

cow-ard
   [kou-erd] Show IPA
noun
a person who lacks courage in facing danger, difficulty, opposition, pain, etc.; a timid or easily intimidated person.

Please, do tell me how they are cowards for facing danger?:) That kind of contradicts one another, doesn't it?

DeletedUser

cow-ard
   [kou-erd] Show IPA
noun
a person who lacks courage in facing danger, difficulty, opposition, pain, etc.; a timid or easily intimidated person.

Please, do tell me how they are cowards for facing danger?:) That kind of contradicts one another, doesn't it?

I think this is a case of projection. The real cowards here are the alliance that can't manage to conquer a city unless the player is quitting or otherwise inactive. Has Pet actuAlly managed to take a city of a player actually defending and supported by their alliance?

The answer is no.

Meanwhile the so-called coward alliances take AoH cities from actIve players and the great Petrika can't be bothered to actually mount a defense other than kicking the player so the lost city doesn't' count against her precious stats.

DeletedUser

You forget to say the most important thing at your analize.... this 4 cowards alliances are all fighting against the Aces ... is simple to find who are the lions and who are the schakals
Maybe you forgot something...

DeletedUser13

Only schakals I know is the one in your alliance mate :D

DeletedUser

So; this is news to me - Alliances #2-#5 have ganged up on Ace?

Well. That could greatly change the dynamics, and I can't say I'd blame them.
First of all, it would be suicide for pretty much all other alliances if Aces got control of the whole core. Just hand them the world wonders if they do that - it's over. So, it's good game play - smart play - to join forces to ensure that Ace doesn't control the 4 core oceans. It simply makes sense that alliances would band together to keep Aces contained to some degree.

And frankly, Aces should be proud of their accomplishment; they have posed such a threat that they have earned this extra attention. If not proud, they should have at least expected it. They should be prepared for this; no need for name calling.

And it's a valid strategy by Ace of Hearts to conquer in-actives and wounded ducks; they are the big whale in the ocean and all the sharks are trying to take a bite - trying to whittle this "monster" down to size - to contain it - establishing fronts and forcing growth to the fringe. So the Whale opens it's mouth and swallows a bunch of plankton in one fell swoop; ensuring growth despite the loss.

However, the whale eventually has to batter down a shark or two. It can't out-run them forever - it can't live on plankton alone! ;)

In this shark-and-whale game, I've always felt the sharks have the ultimate advantage. If they can maintain unity - focus - then the slow moving whale eventually breaks up - holes are made and the sharks tear it to pieces. But it's never a given, a smart whale always has a few tricks of it's own.

So if there is a united war against Ace of Hearts; I think it could be great for the game play. It could be a defining factor in how this world evolves. I'm looking forward to seeing how things play out.

Game on, warriors!

DeletedUser

And frankly, Aces should be proud of their accomplishment; they have posed such a threat that they have earned this extra attention. If not proud, they should have at least expected it.

You're mistaken as to the motivation behind all the top alliances going after AoH. It has little to do with the "threat" they pose, and far more to do with the attitude and behavior of their leader... I mean Emperor (who wears no clothes....*shudders*). Reckless aggression...chest thumping..blatant antagonism...and outright egomania. That is what the other top alliances on the server have teamed up to defeat. Petrika makes enemies wherever she goes even in her own alliance. Just look at all the defections and inactive players on their roster. Hardly a wonder really considering the environment over there. I honestly feel sad for the decent players in AoH being used and abused by horrid management and lack of real leadership.

DeletedUser

You're mistaken as to the motivation behind all the top alliances going after AoH. It has little to do with the "threat" they pose, and far more to do with the attitude and behavior of their leader...

Well then, I stand corrected. Wild assumptions and all, ya know?

I still think it's good strategy to interrupt their current domination of the core; they are #1 in 3 of the 4 oceans. But I also understand that it's the "personal" things that are often the straw that breaks the camels back.

I would love to see the Vegas odds on this conflict.....

DeletedUser308

I'd love for you to explain to me why you think we are cowards petrika. Have you guys even attacked any of my ACTIVE members? all you've done is call us noobs and continue to insult us and claim you are the best yet we are the ones taking cities from your alliance while you are attacking and taking inactives. Also i've seen some of your attack reports, not impressed at all. Looks like you get most of that bp by attacking your own members. & It's honestly not much of a fight, you are almost guaranteed to take an AoH city if you land a cs. You guys hardly even try and break any of the sieges, not that you could if you tried ;) this isn't something we all set out to do, it just so happens none of us like you and the way you carry yourself with all the insults and the chest thumping and that ego of yours.
Great post though, Alaric. Probably the best commentary on the top Beta alliances i have seen so far :)

DeletedUser

GREPOBOT is programmed to preform unbiased analysis.
GREPOBOT sees that many of AoH's conquers are weak players who are inactive or do not belong to an alliance.
this can be identified as either cowardly or clever, but not brave.
this war seems to be very even over the last 2-3 days.
end of analysis.

DeletedUser

The warr is not only for a day, and the strategy is affair of Aces not your affair. We will attack and hit where we like and where is in our strategy interests.
There is nothing strange to take out the inactives... about you who are talking for mine conquers i have only a word for all of you: Who are you? Im the first player of this world since the start till now in all the stats also i created the best alliance and Aces without doubt rest the best! Will be hard in continue? For who is weak yes, for me naahh ill continue with my job and plans and we will talk again for all the details... Who is coward? Coward is a player who be threaten by enemy and leave his own alliance and start to attack his friends and to talk bad for them. If the dignity for you is something strange for me is question of life! About analizes we can talk again but the only real opponence to Aces there are only your words the facts show that everyday every time our members grow and conquer... Is soon to talk for future...

DeletedUser

Who are you? Im the first player of this world since the start till now in all the stats also i created the best alliance and Aces without doubt rest the best!

translation: "I'm an arrogant windbag who loves to hear myself talk. The only reason I am trying to run an alliance is because I desperately crave the attention due to personal insecurities. Please don't call me on my bull-$hit because I really have no clue what I'm doing other than desperately trying to hold this SNAFU together which is of my own making. FEAR ME!! please???"

Meanwhile, In REALITY LAND, where half Ace Of Hearts is either inactive or losing cities:

17 Megadeth 13,078 3 +93 +191 +327 0 0 0 0 0
8 rigels nine 23,077 5 +3,179 +133 +295 +5,889 -13 -6,713
2 BDS007 46,092 8 +976 +1,182 +3,556 +1,247 +1,974 +3,785 +2,758 -1,654
34 Kihr 8,431 2 +54 +77 +74 +6 0 0 0 0
45 ouzin 6,028 1 +36 +91 +4,305 +72 +329 +25 -4,275 0
57 tiana717 4,939 1 +291 +233 +211 +151 +47 0 0 0
59 Graider 4,856 1 +61 +85 0 0 0 0 0 0
62 publandlord 4,525 1 +99 +43 +102 +95 0 0 0 0
69 xpoodog 4,223 1 +175 0 0 0 +65 -15 -3,881
78 Broden1616 3,665 1 -2,885 +60 +23 +180 +38 -42 -5,949 0
85 White warrior 3,499 1 +71 +32 0 0 0 0 0 0
88 aresquared 3,088 1 +27 0 +138 0 0 0 0 0
90 pasqual55 2,975 1 +36 -131 0 0 0 0 0 0
91 figtree2 2,776 1 +77 +70 +111 +15 +500 0 0 0
93 Kreator 1,966 1 +1,880 +106 +48 +84 -4,248 +116 +93 -49

I can keep beating you up like this all day.

DeletedUser

directed to the human called "petrika grosi":
GREPOBOT reminds you that numbers are unable to lie. they do not contain the capacity for fear, cowardice or dishonesty.
please provide your competing numbers if you wish to debate the above statistical analysis.
analysis is the definitive method of debate.
the world of BETA awaits your response.
comment concluded.

DeletedUser13

directed to the human called "petrika grosi":
GREPOBOT reminds you that numbers are unable to lie. they do not contain the capacity for fear, cowardice or dishonesty.
please provide your competing numbers if you wish to debate the above statistical analysis.
analysis is the definitive method of debate.
the world of BETA awaits your response.
comment concluded.

Can someone Ban Him? :D

DeletedUser374

dear grepobot.
Numbers DO lie in fact.

if you look at dueses little stats up there, it says I lost a city...however, I still have it ;) (thank you grepolis for that roll back lol)

Bickering on the forums about petrika and how he calls himself emperor really solves nothing.
If he brags, so be it. Why don't you try rimming him instead of saying that he's a weak player.
and obviously I'm going to stand up for petrika since he is my leader, but he is also my friend.
nobody's a perfect leader, but I think he's doing a damn good job.
as a lot of us like to say in AoH 'he bleeds us' (basically saying he's a psycho maniac slave driver lol)
but most of the time it works.
None of you can deny that Ace of Hearts is on top, and has been on top since the first week if not the first few days of the server.
and not a single alliance (or 5 alliances combined) have been able to remove AoH from the top spot yet.
That's not to say you never will, considering every alliance falls eventually.
But clearly, we're doing something right.

Also, this is a top 5 alliance commentary, not a top 5 'things that petrika does wrong' commentary.

DeletedUser

FALSE.
humans can distort numbers with mistakes caused by ignorance, resulting in disinformation.
but the numbers did not lie, the human caused the imperfection.

a mere anomaly does not disprove the remaining information.