Colony Island Academy

DeletedUser2039

Tyler putting me out of work with all his quick answers :(

Still haven't actually answered 1 simple question from the original post though :)

Hey...I do believe I did!

Why yes of coarse! You just have to build it from zero is all.

Your answer was more specific with building requirements, which yes I probably could have put, but I think I answered the rest to make up for missing that:)

DeletedUser

Auto ghosted? What does that mean? Is there anything in wiki about that?
Yes. http://wiki.en.grepolis.com/wiki/Ghost_Towns
Sorry but I can't seem to load that link. The only grey flags I see in Theta are the ones on the small islands that have no farming villages. I don't see any on the bigger islands.
You can still farm the other cities to gain resources. That's why you use a colony island as a naval base.
Okay there is rule in wiki that says that the account is automatically deleted after two weeks. But the player can still come back.
http://wiki.en.grepolis.com/wiki/Rules
I would recommend 'editing' your posts rather than posting more than once in a row...

I am going to jump in here because this:
"The wiki list clearly show's that you get a head start in colonizing. No such head start is given for conquering unless you attack a city with alot of points in which case you may have to fight it out and lose your colony ship. If you conquer a city with say 175 points you'll be way behind as compared to a new colony."
Scared me.

It is almost never worth colonising... Occasionally there can be merits, e.g. if you're trying to take over a whole island that has some free anchor points or if you are going for one of the smaller islands (personally i don't find the lack of FV is such an issue as i never farm).
Conquering is the way.
This is a war game... you cannot be scared of loosing a CS :D People often send 3 or 4 CS at one city because they know the first 3 will fail.
You'd be better finding some 800 point city and conquering it.

Read the conquest and revolt pages on the wiki (depending on which world you're playing in). They talk you through it all.

Seriously though, if people actually believe what was written in that post... It makes me wonder why i bother with the wiki :D

DeletedUser2039

The wiki is great, but some players just do not have the experience to know what cities are possible to conquer. This player thought that 175 point cities were the only way to conquer and everything else would be too complex/out of reach, therefore finding colonizing more productive. In conclusion, not the wiki's fault, no worries(;

The improvements in the wiki in the past months have been very good, so I commend you for it.

DeletedUser

My point was that they would know what was possible if they read the wiki :D

I do get it, initially you just don't want to annoy anyone IG, especially if they're bigger than you... But nothing ventured, nothing gained ay?

The improvements in the wiki in the past months have been very good, so I commend you for it.
Some pretty cool stuff coming soon (by the end of May)... Lots of work. Just need to get through some exams first though. :)

DeletedUser

I don't like the wiki...

Not enough pretty pictures for my liking. Also, it's not funny! You need me for that bit.. Everyone has said that I'm funny! Or funny-looking, not sure which..