Colony Island Academy

DeletedUser

I've been reading the wiki particularly the subjects pertaining to colonizing and conquest. I noticed in the wiki article that the colony gives you a head start in terms of certain buildings already built at a certain level. Here's the list:

Timber camp: level 15
Quarry: level 15
Silver mine: level 12
Senate: level 10
Farm: level 10
Warehouse: level 10
Wall: level 2
Cave: level 2
Barracks: level 4
Agora: level 1

What I notice is that an academy is not included. Question: Is it possible to start building an academy at level 0 in a city built on a colony island? I also notice that there's a harbor missing from the list.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2039

Why yes of coarse! You just have to build it from zero is all.

And colony island is the wrong term, because you can have colonizations on any island, so long as their are open spots. The different island types you are noticing are big islands and small islands, explained below:

Big islands have farming villages and must spawn player cities when they join the game before they can be occupied.
Small islands DO NOT have farming villages and can be settled on at any point in the game.

DeletedUser

It's easier to build on a colony island. In addition to getting a head start on most of the buildings, no one will notice your colony ship. The problem is there are no farming villages. You would have to trade. It's very hard to find an anchor on the larger islands.

DeletedUser2039

Well normally it is not easier to build on a colony island, because conquering a city is way better. Then you get an even larger head start.

As for an anchor on large islands, as the world progresses, more cities will ghost and die off, thus opening anchor points on large islands all around.

DeletedUser

Yeah but you have to be more highly developed in order to conquer a city. You would need to research conquest which requires a level 28 academy whereas with colonization level 22 is sufficient. Beside if you try to conquer a highly developed city you can expect retaliation and the possible loss of your colony ship whereas a small colony island would go relatively unnoticed. I'm thinking of setting up a naval base on a colony island. That's my plan.

DeletedUser2039

No farming villages sucks, but that is your choice. You can probably set yourself ahead and save about a weeks worth of city building or more just by conquesting a city. You may wait longer, but you will be ahead in the long run.

DeletedUser

The wiki list clearly show's that you get a head start in colonizing. No such head start is given for conquering unless you attack a city with alot of points in which case you may have to fight it out and lose your colony ship. If you conquer a city with say 175 points you'll be way behind as compared to a new colony.

DeletedUser2039

No. In a server about a month old, you will be conquering 2-4 thousand point cities, clearly much more worth it than colonizing. You will also get needed battle points in the attacks, which allow for more culture points, allowing for more cities.

DeletedUser2039

"No farming villages sucks"=without them, you are impeding your growth.

DeletedUser

No. In a server about a month old, you will be conquering 2-4 thousand point cities, clearly much more worth it than colonizing. You will also get needed battle points in the attacks, which allow for more culture points, allowing for more cities.

Cities that large would be hard to take. You may lose your colony ship. They cost alot to build.

DeletedUser2039

That is a risk you pretty much have to take in a war game. Fighting is an essential part of it.

DeletedUser

That is a risk you pretty much have to take in a war game. Fighting is an essential part of it.

Any other way on how to gain battle points? I attacked two cities with less than 200 points and didn't get any.

DeletedUser2039

No, battle points are for killing troops only, not just attacking. They are battle points for a reason. To get them, you must kill troops in battle. Do you not like to attack and loose troops? If not, you may need to adjust to the game a bit differently to be successful.

DeletedUser2039

Farming villages are the exception. You do not get attack battle points from the troops you kill from them.

And remember that it is not about what you lose troop wise, it is about what your enemy looses.

DeletedUser

Okay I just discovered a way on how to get around the absence of farming villages. You build a navy at the colony and you farm the inactive players for their resources.

DeletedUser2039

But as the game progresses, their will be less inactive players. It will be ok for a while though.

DeletedUser

Well normally it is not easier to build on a colony island, because conquering a city is way better. Then you get an even larger head start.

As for an anchor on large islands, as the world progresses, more cities will ghost and die off, thus opening anchor points on large islands all around.

By the way the only way for a city to become an open spot for a colony is when the player deletes the account.

DeletedUser2039

They do not have to delete the account. After ~2 weeks of inactivity, their cities will be auto ghosted.