Colony Island Academy

DeletedUser2039

Not to my knowledge. After ~2 weeks of inactivity, an account in the world is deleted. His/her cities are turned to what are called ghost cities, which are represented by grey flags. These cities slowly decay in points until reaching a minimum and turned back into anchor points. These cities still require being cleared of troops/navy to conquer, but only need a CS now. You do not need revolt/conquest researched to take them.

DeletedUser

That's funny I just looked and I don't see any grey flags anywhere.

DeletedUser

I'd agree with Tyler. If you colonize on a small island you don't have access to the free resources that the farming villages offer and you hurt yourself in the long run. If you don't want to take someone's city, colonize a city that has ghosted so that you can farm resources from the villages. You'll be better off. If you're in Theta, if you wait a while they'll start popping up all over.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'd agree with Tyler. If you colonize on a small island you don't have access to the free resources that the farming villages offer and you hurt yourself in the long run. If you don't want to take someone's city, colonize a city that has ghosted so that you can farm resources from the villages. You'll be better off. If you're in Theta, if you wait a while they'll start popping up all over.

You can still farm the other cities to gain resources. That's why you use a colony island as a naval base.

DeletedUser

DeletedUser2039

That's not true...their get to be too many, and few even worth taking. Just look at the amount in Eta right now (I just snipped a small section of the map):
[spr]
pic_zpsf73f245d.png
[/spr]
It is therefore far more efficient to be conquering cities with more points than your usually found ghost cities or by colonization. You can sometimes get lucky and find some good ghost cities though.

Overall, if you are good at protecting your colony ship, you won't have to worry about it anyway! Just send a lot of LS along with it:)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Is it possible to reassign ships and troops to another colony/city?

DeletedUser2039

You get used to it after a while. Not sure the game would work well without it.

DeletedUser2039

You can do that so long as you have a market place in the city you are sending the resources from. Normally, the cities won't be on the same island though. For inter-island trading, you need a lvl 10 market.

[spr]
pic_zpsdf6aab29.png
[/spr]

DeletedUser

Tyler putting me out of work with all his quick answers :(

Still haven't actually answered 1 simple question from the original post though :)

Question: Is it possible to start building an academy at level 0 in a city built on a colony island? I also notice that there's a harbor missing from the list.

You need to have minimum levels of certain buildings to build Academy and Harbor.

Academy requires:

Senate Level 8
Farm Level 6
Barracks Level 5

Harbor requires:

Senate Level 14
Timber Camp Level 15
Silver Mine Level 10