V2.39 Discussion

DeletedUser

If this gets changed back then I thank you, but they said it could not be done on the en server.

One of the advantages of playing the en server is that I see these changes before they hit here.

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!, So many people threatened to quit on the en server they reinstated harbour spies.

Just goes to show what they can do when they have to, even when they say they can't!

And thanks to our Community Manager for getting it reverted here.

DeletedUser

i think that some island quests should give gold and if you are on for 10 or more days in a row then you should get gold as a daily reward :)

Kariella

Hoplite
1. what is a harbor spy...

2. I think the quest idea is nice, but its overkill... its an unecessary free giveaway imo (although stupidly I took a quest that lowered my comabat 30% for 3.5 hours and then an hour later I go farm my neighbor with the same city o.o

aside from that it all seems to be working real well (well except for the people at work who can no longer connect as the game doesnt pass through their firewall anymore )

DeletedUser2039

1. what is a harbor spy...
When a player sends a small amount of ground troops at another, by land, expecting them to be killed off, but in the report it shows what units were in the harbor. Therefore, you can see the harbor units without spending the silver to spy.

DeletedUser3157

2. I think the quest idea is nice, but its overkill... its an unecessary free giveaway imo (although stupidly I took a quest that lowered my comabat 30% for 3.5 hours and then an hour later I go farm my neighbor with the same city o.o

aside from that it all seems to be working real well (well except for the people at work who can no longer connect as the game doesnt pass through their firewall anymore )

Well if you look at it..it rly is a nice addition all around. Grepolis starts to get profit off of selling inventory slots, we get nice powers and buffs. Also new awards. I for one love these buffs! They are down right awesome, and it truly does give me something to do in the long wait periods. Lets face it there is allot of waiting I you are a serious player that's on most of the time... Me being one of those player, I can say that I look forward to a new quest every 3 hours. Wish they came quicker :(

-Vys

DeletedUser298

Yes they have introduced buffs now that aren't just from special holiday events. Soon they will have holiday buffs permanent except you have to pay gold for them :( But at least there's free ones right now :)

Kariella

Hoplite
just spitballing here... but I think that the verbiage when getting a new city on the server that offers a choice between quests and no quests should be updated and made bolder, like really bold, unmissable bold, like in other games this is a gift but here its NOT... it should say something like this

"The quests absolutely are better, but the 50% was added for those who wanted to opt out so that they could get something."

and maybe signed by one of you guys, i dunno the community manager or someone

This way people really know to take the quests... and can avoid being publicly humiliated on the forums for realizing their mistake
sry if this hints of sarcasm, thats just the way I talk... but I am serious about the suggestion