Us Servers are dead - Change My Mind

• Thread starter DeletedUser11993
  • Start date

DeletedUser15458

Restricting founding new cities to rocks only is all on Inno and will kill this world and others with lower participation.

DeletedUser11993

If you are basing the health of a server on where you can found, then I think my point about the group hugs that all US servers seem to have is more the issue. Pro-tip. no pacts and take a city. If you are in a smaller alliance surrounded by pact loving alliances you need that city founding, but the fundamental reason you need it is because US servers are pact fests.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser11824

Yes, US servers are dying low numbers and too many pacts. Way too many events that reduce people's skill level relying on rewards. Also the video game market has expanded substantially since Grepolis came out so there are more interesting games to lure people away that better changes to adapt to their client needs.

EN worlds is were the real competition is but most US players enjoy their sleep and don't want to get attacked throughout the night once a good alliance sees your offline times : )

DeletedUser11993

Played EN servers almost exclusively, counter point you have a target rich environment of sleeping adversaries ;) Inno, please disable all pacts and forum sharing for any server with less than 1000 active players, as it seems nobody wants a good fight on US servers.

DeletedUser15105

Maybe the #1 ally should rename themselves to NAPster lol

DeletedUser5524

Yes but he said restricting founding to rocks on new worlds. That doesn’t mean restricting domination counter to farming islands. On dom worlds farming village anchors open as players ghost or time out. You can still found in farming islands just need to be patient.

Bloodtyrant

Peltast
Something that would make the game a bit more interesting, especially in the beginning, is eliminating invites and have all islands have anchor points right from the get go. Not having the option to have a premade all huddled up right from the start would create a much more competitive world. You could still invite others to the world, just not a specific spot. They would start the world as if they were joining without an invite.

Eliminating the ability to pact would also be an interesting concept, one I have been in favor of for quite a while, especially with no ability to share the forums in any way. One could however just say hay we are in a pact with so and so, so everyone please paint them this color. Mass Mail would be used for co-ordination, so eliminating that option would be nice to... In most cases mass mail to other alliances is used a lot to spam anyways. LOL

Another area which could really help is drastically reducing the time in which someone ghosts and when a ghost turns to an anchor. Ghosting from inactivity should be 7 days. In fact why have a ghost option in the first place, make it interesting and simply have an anchor show up shortly after 7 days of inactivity for a city. The quicker the turnover of cities, would certainly be of more benefit to a world.

Last edited:

DeletedUser14888

Hey Beer long time no see, How's it going? Yeah I have to agree Grep is dying. It's almost getting to the point where its more hassle than its worth. This will be my last server, besides the simming worlds.

DeletedUser11993

hey Dark, all is good, Hows life? I just jumped on this server under an alias name as was bored. Sad to see this server so pact filled. Group Hug is aptly named, I'll give them that at least. Hopefully the rest of the server marries up and hits them, that I would stick around for ;)

DeletedUser2654

hey Dark, all is good, Hows life? I just jumped on this server under an alias name as was bored. Sad to see this server so pact filled. Group Hug is aptly named, I'll give them that at least. Hopefully the rest of the server marries up and hits them, that I would stick around for ;)
We have only 1 pact and thats KC, last I checked its us against the world unless Kamikaze has pulled away from the coalition against us? I find it funny that players who seem experienced think that the only way to win is to have pacts, but not just being good at the game and taking advantage of all the extra food because we have only one pact. Who by the way we have been pacted with since the beginning almost and we haven't turned our backs on them even when things were bad. Unlike what the opposition has done where they pact with the whole server (or just work together, I don't have proof of the pacts but they help each other for sure) and then turn their back on an ally who is struggling.

DeletedUser11088

You and me both, the rest just show no balls when it comes to hitting us. Really not even that hard: 1) Click on any HB/GH city 2) select attack units 3) click attack

Meg TheBeagle

Philosopher

You are so wrong. Group Hug/Huggy Bears has had one single pact this entire server and that was with SlasherDan and Killer Clownz. I'd be happy to share screen shots of the alliance pact list if my word isn't enough.

Apparently you've mistaken us for Piece of Mind/Peace of Mine/Demons/Sinners/Kamikazi and whoever else.

DeletedUser11993

my apologies, I had asked someone if top 2 allys were pacted, I guess I was misinformed.

DeletedUser2654

In my opinion, the reason this game is dying is because nobody can congratulate their opponents when they do a good job or when they are working better as a team. If your doing well, the little players call you a bully and say that you have no life, the big players say its only because of gold or that your pacted with the whole world. Since when did being successful become a bad thing, who wants to play a game where people are bashed and hated on because they are doing well? Yes playing against people with a lot of gold sucks, back in the day we found ways to play around it. Yes when an alliance has many pacts they have a numbers advantage and that can suck sometimes too, look at the positive side of things, that alliance is greatly restricting the amount of cities they can take and will grow very slowly. I know Inno isn't showing much interest in what we have to say but we can only make the best of it, but the players are truly what is causing the game to die, we need to be kind to each other. We all play the game, some have more time and some have more money, does it make them any less of a human being? We are all just trying to enjoy ourselves, so just find a way to enjoy the game or don't play at all.

DeletedUser16336

congratulations is great when it is earned. or another idea is we can go and message random little struggling alliances which are struggling because we have invited, and threatened away their players, then messaged the remaining ones 2 tell them their honest players are actually spies without showing any evidence. rather then say sorry, we just block them. what is killing this game is the following things. 1. the OP mythics. 11 erinyes got by events can kill over 300+ defenders with walls, and militia, with no BP for the defender.
2. arrogant players who think because they have 14-40 cities early in a server they can boss around, and mistreat their follow gamers who have had 200+ cities ,and won multiple crowns for the best alliance on the en server year after year.
3. archaic messaging ,and in-game chat systems. and unusable maps, where half the time you dont know where u are, let alone the bad guys.
4. top alliances all pacting 2 attack little players. or pacting up of all the top alliances 2 avoid fighting each other. there should be a limit on the number of pacts an alliance can have.
5. Gold, its ruining the game. making it about who has money and who doesnt. i choose not 2 spend a cent on this, because of the reasons here. although im well off.
6. islands in remote places with no anchor points so smaller players can start further out so they have a chance.
7. A better morale system so larger players face 100% morale for beating on non-aligned first time players. night protection is not needed if morale is increased. because ive been playing since 2011. i won many crowns since that time on the en server under a different name. and back then the game was nearly all skill. we did not attack non-red flagged players. if we did we were kicked out for good on the spot.
8. lack of respect for follow gamers. since ive been on the US server ive met in IM about maybe 50 rude players. all of which from alliances outside my own. all had messaged me first, 2 threaten ,and belittle my group. i think some people here forget on the other end is a another person with feelings.
9. 2 much focus on an imaginary crown, that has NO value. ive won many of them before. they mean nothing.
10. no Ai players. if we had tough Ai players invading, and taking cities, well i think there would be at least a little more decency from fellow players toward one another.
11. not allowing players 2 choose which oceans their in. throwing them 2 the wolves, starting them in the cores so they come out of BP, get attacked my piles of mythics from gold events. then quit.
12. bullying. grepolis is no longer a war game we all love, but organized bullying. this us against them attitude, this whole ,destroy the reputation, and enjoyment of the game of your follow player, by any means. where by use of spells, and harassment 2 hurt other players, with the goal that they quit, or are driven from a server. and it needs 2 stop! in my time ive seen my share of this awful behavior, not just on grepolis, but in all games. and the moderators need 2 be watching a bit more closely. because hatred has found a home in this game, and is festering and ruining it 4 all of us. id like 2 end by saying that the problem is more here then the EN. sure there are trouble makers there, but the alliances seem 2 be more friendly. they will stop attacks if a player has died, ect. not here, since i think that few on the Us server have any respect for anyone. if you think this is a scathing indictment of the game, then your entitled 2 think that. these 12 points are areas i think could be addressed by devs, but as said here, players just get ignored, as the devs, and the mods are largely out of touch with the gamer community.
Finally i will not MSG anyone here, and tell them their alliance is small, you have no chance, your not as good as us, ect ect. that is not how a real player should treat their follow gamers, it is not how i function, im not one 2 take personal swipes at other players by attacking their grammar or the alliance they chose, or insult them by the use of a city name. . thank you moderator for allowing me my say.

DA