Update to V2.48 - Changelog

DeletedUser

I think the interface is terrible for the most part.

1. You can no longer double click the mini-map
2. To change cities you now have to go to the center of the screen, click your city then go to the left to jump to your city??? Why was that icon not added right next to the city or better yet allow double click to switch instead of it changing the city name, it more conveniently takes you to the city.
3. Instead of being bottom center, reading left to right as everyone does and where you can easily see a new message pop up you now have to look to the left to a poorly designed vertical menu to see if there is blue message number circle against a blue background row -how about using a color that stands out!!!???
4. I am saving my culture point quest. There is a large moving arrow in the minimap indicating that I have not completed it. You can see nothing in the minimap and combined with the fact that you can no longer double click on it, it renders the minimap a useless waste of space.
5. The icons for attack, inventory notes etc have been rearranged for absolutely no practical purpose; they are no more convenient than before but you now have to rethink what you click having been used the previous set up.
6. All of a sudden, when casting kingly gift, my indicator does not reflect that I am now able to build an additional ship (only one checked thus far). Now I have to close the harbor window and reopen to gain the additional ship the spell allowed for.

In short this new interface is an irritating inconvenience, having to relearn where everything is as well as wasting the users time having removed features that sped up game play.

The only positive improvement is the remaining spell indicator YOU SHOULD HAVE STOPPED WITH THAT! Maybe it would have been rolled out on time.

DeletedUser

I play the game using my Ipad Mini. The main issue I am having, I cannot use the top menu. The top icons are hidden under the IPAD information bar. if this is not fix, playing becomes difficult. The second issue i am having is i cannot figure out how to change the God i have selected in a city.

DeletedUser

Im going to have to agree with Irish Lass on this one... Over all the new UI is terrible in my opinion. The mini map is useless. It shows less than what is on my screen already. The spells is the only thing i see an advantage in everything that has changed.

DeletedUser

I play the game using my Ipad Mini. The main issue I am having, I cannot use the top menu. The top icons are hidden under the IPAD information bar. if this is not fix, playing becomes difficult. The second issue i am having is i cannot figure out how to change the God i have selected in a city.

like you always have just go to your temple and change i can still do it just fine

DeletedUser

still no heroes sigh, how do i find the link to add lets say barracks to my menubar?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Senate = javascript:Layout.buildingWindow.open('main')
Cave = javascript:Layout.buildingWindow.open('hide')
Warehouse = javascript:Layout.buildingWindow.open('storage')
Farm = javascript:Layout.buildingWindow.open('farm')
Timber camp = javascript:Layout.buildingWindow.open('lumber')
Quarry = javascript:Layout.buildingWindow.open('stoner')
Silver mine = javascript:Layout.buildingWindow.open('ironer')
Market place = javascript:Layout.buildingWindow.open('market')
Harbor = javascript:Layout.buildingWindow.open('docks')
Barracks = javascript:Layout.buildingWindow.open('barracks')
City wall = javascript:Layout.buildingWindow.open('wall')
Academy = javascript:Layout.buildingWindow.open('academy')
Temple = javascript:Layout.buildingWindow.open('temple')

Agora (defence) = javascript:Layout.buildingWindow.open('place',{},'index')
Troops Outside = javascript:Layout.buildingWindow.open('place',{},'units_beyond')
Simulator = javascript:Layout.buildingWindow.open('place',{},'simulator')
Culture = javascript:Layout.buildingWindow.open('place',{},'culture')
Phoenician merchant = javascript:Layout.phoenicianSalesman.open()

Farming overview = javascript:Layout.wnd.Create(Layout.wnd.TYPE_FARM_TOWN_OVERVIEWS,
"Farming Town Overview");void(0)

DeletedUser

What happened to the large circle / sun symbol that used to be in top right hand corner showing awards that were available to collect for each of the first 7 days playing? I had a friend sign up a new account this week and he was only on his 4 day of playing and now his ability to collect those rewards has vanished. THX!

DeletedUser

What happened to the large circle / sun symbol that used to be in top right hand corner showing awards that were available to collect for each of the first 7 days playing? I had a friend sign up a new account this week and he was only on his 4 day of playing and now his ability to collect those rewards has vanished. THX!

I have no idea why they removed it but they did so now no one gets the 7-Day Log-in Bonus anymore.

DeletedUser

Please fix the annoying bugs that have been with us for weeks.

The reports count, sorting by free pop in recruitment overview

DeletedUser

Whats the big grey transparent bar thing at the top of the screen.

DeletedUser

Senate = javascript:Layout.buildingWindow.open('main')
Cave = javascript:Layout.buildingWindow.open('hide')
Warehouse = javascript:Layout.buildingWindow.open('storage')
Farm = javascript:Layout.buildingWindow.open('farm')
Timber camp = javascript:Layout.buildingWindow.open('lumber')
Quarry = javascript:Layout.buildingWindow.open('stoner')
Silver mine = javascript:Layout.buildingWindow.open('ironer')
Market place = javascript:Layout.buildingWindow.open('market')
Harbor = javascript:Layout.buildingWindow.open('docks')
Barracks = javascript:Layout.buildingWindow.open('barracks')
City wall = javascript:Layout.buildingWindow.open('wall')
Academy = javascript:Layout.buildingWindow.open('academy')
Temple = javascript:Layout.buildingWindow.open('temple')

Agora (defence) = javascript:Layout.buildingWindow.open('place',{},'index')
Troops Outside = javascript:Layout.buildingWindow.open('place',{},'units_beyond')
Simulator = javascript:Layout.buildingWindow.open('place',{},'simulator')
Culture = javascript:Layout.buildingWindow.open('place',{},'culture')
Phoenician merchant = javascript:Layout.phoenicianSalesman.open()

Farming overview = javascript:Layout.wnd.Create(Layout.wnd.TYPE_FARM_TOWN_OVERVIEWS,
"Farming Town Overview");void(0)

big thanks buddy:)

DeletedUser4964

Well, I dont want to seem to harsh, b/c I admire the work Grepolis people is trying to do to bring the game to another level, I think when the app they hit a grand slam, and this new version has very good potential, but man, I came back of VM to face this, and to tell you the truth, I kinda of dont feel like playing anymore. I might sound like and old man, but dude, b4 I knew where/what was and where to go, when you are managing multiple cities it becomes really difficult to adapt to a new style, (not the looks), but how the game was re-layed out. I bet many people is having the problem of not knowing where to go, and on top of that, you make the ICONS lets say, 50% smaller, like i havent been able to farm, nor access my stuff from the menu properly. For someone starting the game, yeah I feel this would be awesome, but for people going on, is a hard hit to take, without any transition. And the other thing, if Grepo crashed with the old version, WOW, now Im just afraid of laucnhing anything at any busy hour. ANyways, I really think ti would be benefitial to make some acces icons bigger. And yeah, THE CITY LIST in the middle of the screen is even worst!!!! IS there any way to fade out the white back and just highlight the names, I can barely see my cities when i select them, which cuts out me of doing anything, moving res, etc.

Overall, i think this version has great potential, but if you could fix this things it would be awesome:
1) Bring back the order and size of old icons,
2) somehow make the city list dont block 75% of my screen
3) going through cities with the arrow system now makes it slower,