Update to V2.48 - Changelog

DeletedUser

qem3.png

Hello players and forum goers,

On Wednesday October 23rd, Grepolis will be updated to version 2.48. This update includes a few game feature changes and fixes several bugs. A discussion thread can be found here.

As is always the case there may be a short downtime while the update is applied. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Below is a list of the changes to be implemented in the update.

Game

Features/Changes:
  • New User Interface: after several months of work together with the community and several weeks of test, polishing and improvements thanks to the feedback of many players, the new user interface is ready to be released! For record, here are its main characteristics:
    • Optimized interface for our minimum screen resolution of 1024 x 768 px;
    • Reorganized elements in a more logical and intuitive manner;
    • Improved integration of the latest features, i.e. inventory, heroes, quests;
    • Visually improved design of the interface.
  • Removed the 7 days login bonus (players who acquired a population boost through that feature will still have it until the town gets taken);
  • The challenging factor of the island quests has been reduced.
Bugfixes:
  • Sometimes, the text displayed in the command overview was wrong when town foundations or sieges were sent;
  • In some rare cases, players were not able to organize as many triumphs as they should;
  • Some players were not able to use the menu bar;
  • The remaining duration of spells and effects was not decreasing correctly over the time.

Windows 8 App:
  • The email address was not automatically validated after registering.

Thank You,

Your Grepolis Team

EDIT:

An update on the update, the new changelog will still go into effect on Wednesday as was originally stated however the new UI will not go into effect until the day after which means the new interface will be coming out on Thursday the 24th. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

DeletedUser

Got a quick question : I'm currently playin on Upsilon and have my 7th day login reward saved ( for better days :). Do i have to spend the reward by Wednesday, or the new update will affect the new servers only ?

DeletedUser271

Got a quick question : I'm currently playin on Upsilon and have my 7th day login reward saved ( for better days :). Do i have to spend the reward by Wednesday, or the new update will affect the new servers only ?

You have to spend it by Wednesday as once your world has been updated, it will disappear and you won't have access to it anymore. ;-)

DeletedUser

The change in the inventory won't wipe the items will it?

...and for those who bought extra slots will keep them correct?

DeletedUser271

The change in the inventory won't wipe the items will it?

...and for those who bought extra slots will keep them correct?

That would be quite dumb if they disappeared... :) So, I guess you will keep both extra slots and items you got. ;-)

DeletedUser

Tell me the interface won't be delayed again :-(

Probably we share the same fate :(
With en.grepolis.com forum:

An update on the update, the new changelog will still go into effect on Wednesday as was originally stated however the new UI will not go into effect until the day after which means the new interface will be coming out on Thursday the 24th. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Probably we share the same fate :(
With en.grepolis.com forum:

Yes, this is correct, they just beat me to posting it. :)

DeletedUser

all the changes do we need to get rid of our mystical players or our awards so what are going to get and what is going to be new :eek:

DeletedUser

Is there some kind of new quest being added to update? While signed on this am I got a pop up about Alchemy and getting rewards.. It did not complete or work.. It said error happened...

DeletedUser

The option to go to the Cauldron after the update came up with an error. How can I retrieve access to the Cauldron?

DeletedUser

There is an error, we are aware of it and are working on a resolution. Thanks!

DeletedUser

Awesome. I was wondering about that. Is there a time when you think it will be fixed? Thanks again

DeletedUser

I noticed that pending or completed island quest notifications that previously appeared under the troops/ships display screen, are now behind the troops/ships display screen. Depending on how many troops/ships you have in that inventory, it can possibly obscure all of the pending or completed quests. This might be a moot observation, since the new GUI is coming out tomorrow... right?

DeletedUser

I was just informed a few minutes ago that the UI update has been delayed again, there is not date set as of this moment. We do apologize for the issue but we would rather get it right then roll it out wrong.

DeletedUser

So, what about the problem I cited in my previous post? It's now fixed because of the new UI... YAY!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: