Top 12!!!

DeletedUser2039

Well, put my alliance on handicap. 6 players in VM right now...and the infamous Lidos is one of them. That will probably make up for some of the conquer vs. conquer talk. I won't make excuses though, we're always looking to step it up and we do best under pressure, so we'll see what the future brings. :)

DeletedUser

Wow, it’s amazing how much can happen when you’re gone for a couple of days. Sorry for the long post but I was out for a while and am just now getting caught up.

While I would be interested to know who gave Tyler the screen shot of LZ’s letter, ultimately it doesn’t matter. Fact is, WK had been discussing a merge for a while. Granted, the information might not have been shared with all of the members of WK but leadership had been discussing what might be best “long-term” for our active members. Also, I don’t see anything in that letter that makes LZ himself or WK as an alliance look bad. So no harm done that I can see.

Also, I think it was a good move for WK to ally with a stronger, more active alliance. None of us in leadership wanted to have to merge but we knew it was most likely an inevitability. Also, for those that merged into new alliances, help really isn’t 24 hours away, they all still have each other and likely members of their new alliances and their pact alliances. I couldn’t say for sure though at this time.

As for spies, he may or may not have had a spy in our alliance. Other alliances may or may not have had spies in our alliance. It’s possible this info was given to Tyler after WK started its change. Who knows. However, one thing everyone should remember is, even if you really don’t think you have a spy in your alliance you should behave as if you most certainly do. In that way you will at least be more protected. Hope for the best (no spy) prepare for the worst (spy you don’t know is there).

I have had both good and bad experiences with academies. I think, if they are handled correctly, they can be a great benefit to the main alliance. From what I have seen, all alliances suffer from loss of players. Having a well run academy gives smaller active players a chance to grow and learn. It gives the main alliance a chance to see who actually is active and to then move those members up as space becomes available and as they prove themselves worthy. I think it’s important for the main alliance and the academy to be fully in communication with most if not all tabs shared between them. I don’t think maintaining a well run, useful academy is easy but I do think they can be a good thing. But, like I said, I’ve had bad experiences with academies as well. Depends on the main alliance in my opinion.

DeletedUser

Yeah, well at least I smell like cotton candy...unlike you. You smell like hot garbage. LOL!! ;)

DeletedUser2039

3BEgD.png

Well AW has us on player count and points because they continue to recruit, but I'm told their offensive capabilities in multiple areas are fairly heavy, support issues being resolved, and even academy cooperation (which I am also told has been solved).

The Union continues as normal really, not much going on.

Night Warriors continues to impress me. They operate and get things done in their oceans, which seem to keep expanding. Well done for sure!

ALL IN is also pulling it together. Taking a rag tag bunch of dudes and building a solid alliance through one smart merge was a fantastic idea. Wolf should continue to hold it down.

Fatal Nemesis is far from TU, so I don't have much. Just started talking to their leader actually, cool dude.

Ne Oublie is havin' all the major fun with AW. :(

Oceanus is just doing their thing with NW, which is no small feat to control all that beach front property.

Anomaly is another alliance I don't know much about. Seems like they've held it together under quite a bit of presure lately though, so that's commendable for sure.

Blood Ravens lost their best dude, sucks! An ok bunch with a leader I've personally dealt with once. Respectable and just a stand-up dude so nothing to complain about. Seems they falling activity wise.

Night Fall...well it's an academy in the top 12 haha nuff said.

WayMakers making their way into the top 12. Welcome guys, enjoy your stay however long it may be!

And Illuminati! Usually the 12th is just thrown in here, but these guys have been here for how long? Really climbing up, slow, but climbing up none the less. An alliance with their not so original name I would have guessed to be disappeared by now. Surprising to see them holding it down and STILL clawing their was up.

Well that's it. My be nice top 12. Hope you all enjoyed. ;) It wasn't fun to write...I'm going to be honest.

DeletedUser

Nice to know our Un-originally named alliance made it to your top twelve list :)

We have a great group of active guys/gals that went through some difficult leadership changes Twice, But We managed to work through those challenges with many challenges still to come.

Maybe soon enough we will surprise you with a move into the Top Ten :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2039

I wouldn't be surprised. If you can stick with the game, you'll float around up top. Good luck beating AW in points though...they recruit to no end. :\

P.S. Just being honest...I've seen that alliance name on just about every world. :p

DeletedUser

academy in top 12?

Night Fall...well it's an academy in the top 12 haha nuff said.

...? i'm not sure what that means there

DeletedUser2039

It's just showing how small the lower top 12 alliances really are when there is an academy in the top 12.

That and, while it may be a stretch, NW/NF may be considered an MRA in some people's mind. But I will keep my opinion to myself on that. You can decide.

DeletedUser

I would say that while we may have started off as more of an MRA, we have gotten past that stage and are now an alliance that only recruits played based on there merits and not just because.

In my opinion I think that basically all alliances start with some MRA qualities because how else are you going to be able to recruit people the really good guys unless there is a base for them to be supported by. I think that an alliance needs to fill up the ranks with average players in the beginning and then as the game progresses they can cycle the average players out for the above average players. That is what happened to a degree with Night Warriors and I am guessing that at some point the Union did a thing similar to this as well. I think you could consider an MRA the first stage of an alliance and that the first big test to an alliance, the thing that could make or break it, is if it can get past that first stage and if it become an alliance that recruits people for the benefit they can provide rather than recruit people just because.

DeletedUser3327

Recently the players of Anomaly have noticed a significant pile up of fallen troops and the wreckage of thousands of ships on their shores, in their harbors and against their walls. Anomaly, wishing to be sensitive to the losses of troops by Night Warriors and All In, would like send its condolences to the grieving families of those troops and thank Night Warriors especially for the gifted battle points. The only downside has been the stench of rotting corpses outside the walls and the wreckage which occasionally blocks the harbors and then there are the flies and gnats. Anomaly is smart, strong and well organized.

DeletedUser2039

Interesting...toot toot goes your own horn. :D I like the reference though. Should have done a PnP or at the very least posted some amusing reports. Then again, do you have any good offensive against them? I heard you lost a few cities, but they lost nothing.

DeletedUser

Thank you Dottie for taking the time to make mention of our war. I would like to take this time for all to see their place in the rankings and to see how long it takes for them to fall away from their spot. People in this game make the mistake of thinking wars are meant to be quick and easy efforts. I commend your alliance for not being terrible, you guys are responsive and cooperate but so are we and if I was a betting man, I'm betting on my people who deserve to be committed to a mental hospital because of how much they love this game(myself included). If Grepolis is meant to be a war game, than any person who has studied war history knows wars are hard fought and rarely are quick. If a war of attrition is where we are going than a long stalemate I expect but in the end, your alliance will fall like the others. Just to set the record straight no cities have been lost on either side.(At least between NW and Anomaly). Thank you for adding your commentary Dottie, best of wishes on the battlefied and godspeed.

DeletedUser

Yes I will say I have battled hard but find it odd that I only got 15,000 DBP in one day from Anomaly.. My harbor will stink for Years. but it will be fun either way. Besides I now have way too many open city slots.

DeletedUser

As most of you know, Oceanus deplores any type of violence. Please consider making one of your alliances the academy of the other. o.o

YO BLU`

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I am with bill on violence being negative. I think the easiest way for this war to be handled swiftly and with the least amount of violence is to have Anomaly just give Night Warriors all of their cities.:p