The Weekly Timber (Issue 1)

DeletedUser

I dunno Twister, for all that dead weight, we're flying pretty high.

Well point wise you guys are doing fine, however you guys have about 15 players who haven't been that/or not active this week. Also I judge a good alliance based on bp, and abp wise you guys have about 30 players who have none at all although I am not to sure when you guys came out of beginner's protection.

On another note I am happy you guys like it, not sure when the next issue will be because I am kind of busy this week. Again if anyone wants anything included in the newspaper you can just message me. Also I would like to have someone who can be my editor, as when I spend hours on the paper I can easily overlook even the easiest of mistakes :)

DeletedUser3814

nice of you to mention us Direwolves. we are working on getting members, but we dont want people who will become inactive. also we want peeps who are close enough that we can help or be helped by them...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

12. HoffinPoffoGropolin- An alliance based in 45, they are a solid alliance. They are ranked 6th in abp, and in my opinion they are the 2nd best alliance in the top 12. Low member count, nice average points, and good leadership I expect them to last for a long time. I expect them to go up in the rankings once some of the MRA's start to die off.

Awesome job man. Founder of HPG here, I'm honored :) Great article, thanks for the high regards!

DeletedUser298

I wish I played this world. As Persian King seems like a guy who gets mad really easily and is quite funny when he's mad. +rep to you twister as I didn't even finish the whole thing, that's how good it was.

DeletedUser

I wish I played this world. As Persian King seems like a guy who gets mad really easily and is quite funny when he's mad. +rep to you twister as I didn't even finish the whole thing, that's how good it was.

Persianking is a good guy who put a lot of work into building an Alliance with a strong core of people who want to have fun and work together. IMO any alliance would be lucky to have him!
He got mad because his "private message" conversation about the recognition achievement for someone to infiltrate an alliance and destroy it from the inside went in a "Public forum" newspaper ,which worked against his strategy to get all in an alliance involved in different roles to spark interest for this game.(and I agree with him)
In essence he wanted people to get into it and be active.
...and got shot down for it.

DeletedUser2382

PersianKing said:
self-centered arrogant Nazi Napoleon's like yourself
Must be a blast to play with Persianking, but i guess i'll have to take your word on that.

A few days late but great job Twister

DeletedUser

View attachment 740

The Twister, no one is as surprised as I am, let me tell you. I never would have thought that my correspondence to you concerning your "Notable Player Achievements" which I had purposely chosen to communicate my opinion to you privately via personal message would quite literally become front page news for what must me hundreds of thousands of players within the Grepolis gaming comunity. I'm actually filled with a bit of mixed emotions at the moment, I'm not sure if I should be flattered or outraged, and so I am having a bit of trouble sorting it all out at the moment.

You truly live up to your namesake, I'll give you that much credit, "Twister", indeed. You've stated that we're an MRA...call me a NOOB, but I'm not sure exactly what it is you're implying by that. It wasn't until after we'd had well over 80 or so member's until I came to the forum and published a post requesting that players from Ocean's 34 and 35 join, since the result of many hours in front of the computer scouring the map in those two quadrants, painting every players flag yellow who's score was above 500, sending them a copy & pasted template of my design for the purpose of a recruitment campaign, and waiting for responses indicating interest in joining before sending the actual invite won the interest and respect of not only the members who are now presently with me in Bazaar Tactics and Bazaar Influence, but also %80 of The Legion of Poseidon. Ask TheoKolesOne how it was he came to acquire his members within his alliance, interview each on of them and ask them why they chose to join The Legion of Poseidon. I bet they say it was because of the message they received from the Head Recruiter, "KingsMan". I am he. Interview them and ask them who Republic of Poseidon is. Interview their members. Ask them why they joined. There's a story there for you. I bet they all say it was because of the message they received from "KingsMan".

"Comedy 101"...the concern I raised civilly and privately with you was humorous was it? Let me ask you, do you get paid to do what you do? I bet not. As a Moderator, you suck. You aren't even able to spell correctly, what are you doing in charge of a forum? You fancy yourself to be a reporter do you? Perhaps Fox News would be interested in you, but as for me, I'm not impressed. What you've done by publishing what was intended to be private communications is both unethical and inappropriate. You have neither the license nor the right to do such a thing. Who do you think you are? You started this game the same day I did on this server. You laugh and mock me, find so much humor in it, and yet I've built 4 alliances in 2 weeks I've been playing, 2 of them just for giggles, these other two for the long run...and we are 7th in the server rankings, first in our Ocean, and the Sister Alliance I founded is first in theirs. What have you done in the same two weeks? Are you still laughing? You don't even know the difference between a leader and a founder according to your recap and report on our alliance. Your source for that information was me...from our private communications which you made public. True to your name...you "Twisted" the facts. You should be canned.

Seeing you on your high horse as forum moderator would really only bother me though if I were to learn that you were actually getting paid to do what you are doing. I would like to think that the powers that be at Innogames would never make the mistake of hiring an individual such as yourself though. You are bad for business...you have no idea how to engage a gaming enthusiast and draw their interest away from the call of the responsibilities of the real world and to become willing to invest their hard earned dollar to prosper in a fantasy world, because your attitude and approach to the game spoils the fun for the greater majority of us. Hold on to your day job, because this certainly isn't your calling.

PersianKing

First of all, The Twister did not call you a noob. Nothing recalls that he said that. And if he did say that, quote it to prove your "truthful statement". Second of all, The Twister was never a mod. Since you said to ask the members why they joined, I'd be happy to do that so I can take a screenshot of their response to see if it was just because a a message. And let me tell you something, when I join alliances and a message comes with the invitation, I have never joined because of just a little message. I take time to research them. I would go on Grepostats to see their experience. Then I might Skype them so I can seek into their personality and humor. Then I decide if the alliance is right for me. I don't just say "Oh a message! I love messages, so I will join!". Also about your nickname, may I ask why would they call YOU a king. To be honest, you're just a noob in my opinion, and I'm surprised that The Twister didn't say you're a noob, but you are one.

The End. (Because I think I've proved my point to everyone except PersianKing.)

DeletedUser

View attachment 740

The Twister, no one is as surprised as I am, let me tell you. I never would have thought that my correspondence to you concerning your "Notable Player Achievements" which I had purposely chosen to communicate my opinion to you privately via personal message would quite literally become front page news for what must me hundreds of thousands of players within the Grepolis gaming comunity. I'm actually filled with a bit of mixed emotions at the moment, I'm not sure if I should be flattered or outraged, and so I am having a bit of trouble sorting it all out at the moment.

You truly live up to your namesake, I'll give you that much credit, "Twister", indeed. You've stated that we're an MRA...call me a NOOB, but I'm not sure exactly what it is you're implying by that. It wasn't until after we'd had well over 80 or so member's until I came to the forum and published a post requesting that players from Ocean's 34 and 35 join, since the result of many hours in front of the computer scouring the map in those two quadrants, painting every players flag yellow who's score was above 500, sending them a copy & pasted template of my design for the purpose of a recruitment campaign, and waiting for responses indicating interest in joining before sending the actual invite won the interest and respect of not only the members who are now presently with me in Bazaar Tactics and Bazaar Influence, but also %80 of The Legion of Poseidon. Ask TheoKolesOne how it was he came to acquire his members within his alliance, interview each on of them and ask them why they chose to join The Legion of Poseidon. I bet they say it was because of the message they received from the Head Recruiter, "KingsMan". I am he. Interview them and ask them who Republic of Poseidon is. Interview their members. Ask them why they joined. There's a story there for you. I bet they all say it was because of the message they received from "KingsMan".

"Comedy 101"...the concern I raised civilly and privately with you was humorous was it? Let me ask you, do you get paid to do what you do? I bet not. As a Moderator, you suck. You aren't even able to spell correctly, what are you doing in charge of a forum? You fancy yourself to be a reporter do you? Perhaps Fox News would be interested in you, but as for me, I'm not impressed. What you've done by publishing what was intended to be private communications is both unethical and inappropriate. You have neither the license nor the right to do such a thing. Who do you think you are? You started this game the same day I did on this server. You laugh and mock me, find so much humor in it, and yet I've built 4 alliances in 2 weeks I've been playing, 2 of them just for giggles, these other two for the long run...and we are 7th in the server rankings, first in our Ocean, and the Sister Alliance I founded is first in theirs. What have you done in the same two weeks? Are you still laughing? You don't even know the difference between a leader and a founder according to your recap and report on our alliance. Your source for that information was me...from our private communications which you made public. True to your name...you "Twisted" the facts. You should be canned.

Seeing you on your high horse as forum moderator would really only bother me though if I were to learn that you were actually getting paid to do what you are doing. I would like to think that the powers that be at Innogames would never make the mistake of hiring an individual such as yourself though. You are bad for business...you have no idea how to engage a gaming enthusiast and draw their interest away from the call of the responsibilities of the real world and to become willing to invest their hard earned dollar to prosper in a fantasy world, because your attitude and approach to the game spoils the fun for the greater majority of us. Hold on to your day job, because this certainly isn't your calling.

PersianKing

Moderator is volunteer job. You no get paid to volunteer. Most adults (and teen, maybe even some kids) know that. The Twister no moderator. He a player. Design flags a good idea, but it doesn't really prove that you no noob. Me not saying you noob or thing like that. To be honest, me don't think The Twister is prepared/experienced to be real reporter. I don't recall Twister saying you noob. Twister no twisted facts, everything seem true. It not a forum rule to post ingame conversations. What bother me most is that you accusing Twister when he didn't do things that you said he did.

DeletedUser

Well, well, well, ladies, my...but I do love the attention of the fairest sex. Never mind that both of you are as they say, "A day late, and a dollar short", but also the whole lot of you have put your foots in your mouths. If you hadn't read in such haste you perhaps would have caught the fact that I never did state that The Twister even called me a "Noob", but rather, I WAS INVITING HIM TO DO SO. But I see the sarcasm was lost on you...it went over your head and between your legs so to speak. :)
Also, K9y33...neither did I ever say that I sent a message along with an invite. Invites were never sent out unless the player responded to my message and requested that I would send them one. Also, I've been playing since Epsilon off and on, under the handle RoyOfHartown, with the HellHounds. I've been in and out of Grepolis for years, as much as I like the game, the responsibilities of the real world come and call me away from this fantasy one...if only there were a paycheck involved with the gross dedication and commitment with which some of you give to this game, well that would be awesome.
I am however, completely new to the forums, and so when I came across the Weekly Timber by The Twister and seen how official everything looked, I went to my leaders within my alliance and the word "Mod" came out of their mouth's and I ran with it...so I did make a "Noob" mistake in that respect, and just for the record, I happen to enjoy playing with "Noobs" far more than I've enjoyed playing with this games "Elite" so far. But that's a subject I've already spoken my mind elsewhere in the forums.
And as far as anyone calling me a "King", well, I've explained that elsewhere as well...you see, I'm an avid online poker player as well, and my handle on the sites I play is "KingsMan", for two reasons; 1. Because I believe in Christ, and he is a King, and I am a Man, so I am His Man. 2. Because my favorite starting hand in a NLHE tournament is "Pocket Kings". Now I'm sure with that information, you'll find plenty to say and find much humor in, and that's fine by me. And go ahead and search me on Grepo-Intel and Grepo-Stats. Let us know what you find. Search "PersianKing" and "KingsMan". I no longer play the second account, it's against the rules to have more than one, not that it stops many from doing so anyway. But I do try to be fair, as anyone you feel like talking to who knows me will tell you. I have two Alliances I founded in Lambda. Bazaar Tactics and Bazaar Influence. I would love to see you find so much as one player in either alliance who would have anything negative at all to say about me. I'll check back from time to time to see what you've managed to dig up. Happy hunting little girls. :)

DeletedUser4223

Great work on the Newsletter. It defiantly got everyone talking aka PersianKing.

So when can we expect the next issue?

DeletedUser

Does this thread make anyone else want to join Persianking's alliance, get a leadership position and then disband it?

DeletedUser

"Twister no twisted facts, everything seem true. It not a forum rule to post ingame conversations. What bother me most is that you accusing Twister when he didn't do things that you said he did." ( Yesterday, 05:07 PM #30 Kayleen Olvyeshka Citizen)

Really? He didn't twist what I said? Not at all?

Persian King 5/30/13 at 11:02 AM EST

Well, you've pretty much killed my own style of game-play, as I have established a system within our hierarchy
whereas the leadership roles within our alliance would be filled on a rotating schedule,
every other week a member of our alliance who had proven to us by remaining active in expanding their city
and participating in the forums would be given the opportunity to step up into a higher role within our alliance. It was an incentive I felt would have encouraged our members to play more frequently and work just a little harder at progressing in the game.

What he said: like the other MRA's they have a nice amount of dead weight and there founder lets every player
in his alliance be a founder for a week.

What I said: You don't even know the difference between a leader and a founder
according to your recap and report on our alliance. Your source for that information was me...
from our private communications which you made public. True to your name...you "Twisted" the facts.

What you said again: Twister no twisted facts, everything seem true. It not a forum rule to post ingame conversations. What bother me most is that you accusing Twister when he didn't do things that you said he did.

I don't know...maybe I'm the bad guy. What's everybody else think?

By the way, I've since talked with The Twister, and actually have come to respect him for the effort he put into This Paper. I did also already give him props in this same paper, but it seems for some reason or another these two ladies weren't satisfied with that and had to put their own two cents in, a day late and a dollar short.

Does this thread make anyone else want to join Persianking's alliance, get a leadership position and then disband it?

Sorry about your luck, but we've since restructured our game-plan and no longer have the same policies in place that we once did. I'd caution anyone to consider carefully before trying to come in and cause any kind of chaos, as you'll find that when you are found out, your game will very quickly become a rather short and unpleasant one indeed. We are no longer interested in obtaining more members. We'll soon be doubling our cities on our own.

DeletedUser

Does anyone else see anything wrong with this picture? This guys in here trying to crack jokes like he's somebody, looks like to me in the past few weeks he's dumped a lot of coin into this game...can anyone say, WOW??? Don't think you have my respect for your accomplishments, because you don't.

wrong_zpsa9c6e841.jpg

DeletedUser

Are you trying to say you'd like to join us? :)
Mail me in Game and we'll talk about it ,I'll confer with coleaders and we'll let you know. :)
Just in case.. ,the Title of Maggot or something like that would be ok though right?
Cause you'd have to start at the bottom and work your way up to a leader position and seeing as you believe in killing a guild that way means,well , you will need the title that most suites you. :)
lol

DeletedUser

Does anyone else see anything wrong with this picture? This guys in here trying to crack jokes like he's somebody, looks like to me in the past few weeks he's dumped a lot of coin into this game...can anyone say, WOW??? Don't think you have my respect for your accomplishments, because you don't.

wrong_zpsa9c6e841.jpg

lol u mad

As you clearly circled, I have no accomplishments so I appreciate your lack of respect for my lack of accomplishments.