The Interface Design Discussion Thread

DeletedUser

This new interface is pretty smaller than before. I actually liked the big minimap but now it's smaller. It does seem to run quite better than the last interface though, has less lagg and more precision.

DeletedUser

Nice Redesign But...

I was wondering if you will be able to eventually toggle between worlds with out having to log out and back in...? Also, I'm playing in world Xi and with the redesign my 7th day bonus disappeared... Will I get it back or is it no longer part of the game...?

DeletedUser

Oh, I just found out you can have multiple worlds open in different tabs. :) Also, IS THERE A WAY TO SWITCH BACK TO THE OLD FORMAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyways,

Pros:
•Looks nicer
•Easier to jump cities
•Shows the ocean you are in on the mini map <<< VERY GOOD FEATURE!!!!!!!!
•Mini map moves as you move <<< ALSO VERY GOOD FEATURE!!!!!!!!!

Cons:
•The bar on top is WAY WAY WAY too small!!!!!!!!
•Some of the text is blurry
•The arrow pointing downwards which is NEXT to the arrow pointing right at the top middle of the screen to change cities - they are too close together! I keep clicking on the downward one and not the right one!

DeletedUser

The two little crossed swords that show when you have incoming attacks are tiny now >.> So hard to see. Also when i click down on the spell dropdown on the right under the god, the spell buttons seem a bit small as well. Overall looking more smooth though.

Grepo, why u move from size 14 font to size 10? :eek:

DeletedUser

I honestly like the new design *o* Just have to get use to it *_*

DeletedUser

I was wondering if you will be able to eventually toggle between worlds with out having to log out and back in...? Also, I'm playing in world Xi and with the redesign my 7th day bonus disappeared... Will I get it back or is it no longer part of the game...?

You wont get it back. Its gone from the game.
And if you check the upper posts in that thread, you'll see that i already asked about that ( before the update ) and somebody told me that the award will be gone, so i used it just before that.

DeletedUser

When in strategic view, there are no numbers in the upper left corner of the ocean anymore. How do you know what ocean you're looking at??

DeletedUser5037

Too Small For This Old Man

I would like to see an option for changing the size of all the display bars (top, right and left side) I'm 51 years old and my eyesight isn't what it used to be.

W4RR10R

Chilliarch
I find this update annoying. It is an unneeded so called 'improvement', I'm sure most of you will have heard of the saying, 'If it ain't broken, don't fix it'. There are some improvements, but it is out weighed by the slowness, the smallness of the text, and the overall shoddiness of it.

DeletedUser

I find this update annoying. It is an unneeded so called 'improvement', I'm sure most of you will have heard of the saying, 'If it ain't broken, don't fix it'. There are some improvements, but it is out weighed by the slowness, the smallness of the text, and the overall shoddiness of it.

I still remember when they've implemented the Grepolis 2.0 stuff and changed the whole game. There were also posts like that, but ppl realized they can't do a thing about it and got used to the new interface.
The same thing will happen now, even if we like it or not.

cheers

DeletedUser

"If it ain't broken, don't fix it"

Grepolis 1.26

Also, I can 100% guarantee you that Inno won't change the interface so stop wasting your time complaining

DeletedUser

I like the interface changes, but eliminating my beginner day 7 bonus (without warning) that I was saving for researching conquest was wrong. >_<

DeletedUser

You ain't wrong :D

But inno don't care about us babes, it's all about the money these days x

DeletedUser13

I agree and I would +rep but rep system is gone! :)
(complaining too)

DeletedUser

So we have yet another new interface that frankly nobody wanted anyway.

The layout is a throwback to version 1 which I doubt none but a few of you will remember.

We are told that this version has been extensively and vigourously tested for a long time to make sure that this version was fit for purpose, but what has this latest version achieved apart from hissing (ok substitute a "p" for the "h" if you like) the majority of us off.

Firstly the icons have had thier size halved which is really good news for all of us who have visual challenges. Do the developers really think that we all have 42" screens like them in front of us so this does not impact the game at all.

I would have thought that after all the protracted arguments and threats of legal action that made Inno change the capitha display to monochrome as the colourblind where unfairly impacted, would have given a few pointers that a lot of the people playing this game have sight problems and cannot deal with half size icons.

How can you see anything on a phone or notepad now? - glad my smallest screen is on my lappie.

Secondly we have a quick bar that is anything but. In their wisdom Inno have decided to change all the scripts without telling anyone. Clever that. Where is the info that says "Hey guys - we've changed all the quick bar scripts - these are the new scripts you need to use now"

Same place as the notification that the reset gives you a quick bar devoid of anything useful and Errr... the Barracks and Harbour disappear.

Oh the wall still does not work - have been waiting for that to be fixed for weeks.

Thirdly we have the buttons that do not work no matter how many times you click on them and Divine Favours/Spells pulldown menu that can take up to thirty seconds to pull down...and then another thirty seconds to close...unless you made the mistake of clicking on the button again after five seconds or so when the menu failed to appear. THEN it manages to close again in an instant. Hey Ho wait another thirty seconds for it to show again.

Oh by the way...on the subject of the quick bar (sic) again...you cannot delete a heading or item to install a new submenu...and before any bright spark tries to tell me otherwise I can assure you that when you try to there is an error message that tells you that you can only have six items. Removal of the delete heading button was a real piece of genius joined up thinking.

Ever tried sending timed support or attacks - damned impossible with this interface...none of the overviews update, you have to refresh your overview after each sending...by the time you have done that you have probably missed your window and your attack now lands AFTER your cs, or even worse, your biremes arrive after your opponent's attack put you into seige or revolt.

There is more but I think the point is made.

There is real wisdom in the saying "When it ain't broke...don't fix it!"

I would suggest that this change is rolled back and sorted out before inflicting it on us any more.

(added after post) Thanks to those guys on the UK forum there is an explanation of the new Quick Bar follow this link - http://wiki.en.grepolis.com/wiki/The_Game_Interface

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Because of the size of my screen it took me a bit to see the -(negative) next to the population. I would suggest making it red (again) along with the negative number.

DeletedUser

I too, don't like the changes. It took me 3 times, of support tickets, for them to finally tell me how to change stuff on the Quick Bar. Then the little targeting circle, was "off center". Well they have that part fixed, but now I can't pull my cities down, with the arrow next to the city name.

I swear, this all happens, right at the beginning of our WW stage too. As for all the other complaints, I fully agree. I'm having a very hard time seeing and reading all of this, and having to do that stupid capcha thing EVERYDAY is bull. It is like you are treating me like I'm cheating, using some kind of 3rd party program, when I have given you no reason to believe any such thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser39

I swear, this all happens, right at the beginning of our WW stage too. As for all the other complaints, I fully agree. I'm having a very hard time seeing and reading all of this, and having to do that stupid capcha thing EVERYDAY is bull. It is like you are treating me like I'm cheating, using some kind of 3rd party program, when I have given you no reason to believe any such thing.

The main reason they are doing this, is because of the excessive use of these programmes. It's just a routine check, not suggesting anything at all. See it as being pulled over by the police and having to take an Alcohol test, even though the only thing you had that evening was drinking a cranberry juice; it's just a routine check, and 9/10 times the results will confirm the fact you didn't drink (in the case of Grepolis, aren't using malicious software), but that 1 time, it will turn out to be someone that is completely smashed (in the case of Grepolis, using malicious software).

It might be annoying, but it's about the bigger picture.

As for the interface design, the only complaint I might have is the fact the spells drop-down list sometimes takes too long to load. Other than that, it's just fine, and we'll have to get used to it. They cleared up a lot of space by taking away some unnecessary stuff or too large buttons. Some of the letters/displays are a bit tiny, but if you desperately want to know if you have 13.000 wood or 12.000 wood, you can click on your warehouse and see enlarged numbers in there.