The Eta Chronicle (Issue 2!)

DeletedUser2039

Sorry for the delay. Issue two starts on page two!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I have some cool, auto updating weather maps for the us you could add if you would like. Message me in game and ill come in and post them for it.

DeletedUser2039

Sorry guys...you have my most sincere apologies this isn't up yet. I'm trying. This weekend for sure, I'm just getting hammered with things in RL.

DeletedUser2655

Hi, guys. I'm Magik0zz a Italian player in travel in your server ahah ;)

DeletedUser

I can't stand the suspense

DeletedUser

Every time I see this thread highlighted, I get all excited, but no issue number2 yet.

DeletedUser2385

Myself as well RedKGB!!! Although it is Friday and hes doing this for us all... But thisisgrepolis

Keltset

DeletedUser2039

Just letting everyone know it is now finished. It will be posted tomorrow after I do the final re-read and edits. It would have been done tonight, but my alliance had an extensive chat about current happenings in Eta and that required my attention. Sorry for the suspense, but the wait will be over soon enough:) Thanks to you all for waiting patiently.

DeletedUser2630

Just letting everyone know it is now finished. It will be posted tomorrow after I do the final re-read and edits. It would have been done tonight, but my alliance had an extensive chat about current happenings in Eta and that required my attention. Sorry for the suspense, but the wait will be over soon enough:) Thanks to you all for waiting patiently.

Thanks very much Tyler for your work and dedication in doing this. It really is very special.

DeletedUser2385

We are all eagerly refreshing our screens, stomachs churning with anticipation.

DeletedUser2039

coollogo_com-90554248_zps6140211e.png
Bringing you the news of Eta, straight to the externals! You get everything from what's going on, top 12's, a featured player and his alliance, alliance leader interviews that everyone loves, a featured model for all you men of Grepolis, a crossword for the interactive folks, tips for newbs, on this day in history, and finally some current U.S. events. If this doesn't satisfy everyone's needs then you are out of luck!

Next issue planned for: 4/2/13

Enjoy:)

Eta Events/Wars

Eta has continued to impress many. But, contrary to the hopes of many, Theta has begun claiming many players and brought forth many inactive cities. While Theta's anticipation is growing, and further continued by its delay, Eta is becoming more and more unattractive due to its slow speed. Many are doubting how alliances will fair because the stronger players may quit before making much of a difference.

Also headlining is the wars brewing between alliances. Nothing official has broken out, but there are obvious factions growing and many continue to take sides. The noticable parties are The Union, Eclipse, and ALL IN working together in some ways while The Silence works more closely with its allies. The TheFlyingV and Island Powers reportedly are not making many friends by stealing players, but this is controversial and I will accuse no one. One reason for these alleged, bold actions may be because one has an academy already and feel safer then it may actually be. I only speculate though, only time will tell what truth there is in this.

ABP also seems to be getting considerable attention these days. When analyzing what alliances have what, you can notice which are militarily active and which are not. Many lower alliances have little ABP so it will be interesting to see how long such alliances as Island Powers and others are around. Alliances always have the ability to change and improve though, sometimes with a simple change of leadership to point them in the right direction. I wish all of you luck.

DeletedUser2039

Eta's Top 12's and Top 5 Explained
1. The Union:The Union has continue their lead in the points race for a considerable time now. The gap between first and second seems to be continuing everyday. It will be interesting how they handle dead weight though, seeing they have a minimal amount of it. They also are slightly spread, but is this a vulnerability or just something that won't affect them? Overall, under Tyler, an active participant in all respects and seemingly somewhat popular, The Union continues to grow and may be around to stay for quite some time.

2. The Silence:The Silence has received considerable attention for their lead in ABP, and it is deserving. They lead by 5,000 points and continue to show their dominance militarily. They seem to have the "take no prisoners" aspect. One concern could be brought up that they only have one player with more than one city though. Weakness or consolidation? I would say a slight weakness because they should have some more than that, but being able to consolidate troops may prove useful in the future.

3. TheFlyingV: TFV are doing very well in their upper point ranks. Just take the time to look at some point values and city counts and you will see they are very successful in that respect. Unfortunately in my opinion they lack the strength it will take to maintain power because of how many lower point players the contain. It is truely a disappointment. Maybe a possible merge in their future with another high level alliance will benefit them most. One other comment is the upper players they do have...have come from Eclipse. I can see a grudge match already!

4. Rising Shadows: Another alliance with an academy. I question this logic because I feel it is early, but something to be noted. They currently are working to display their dominance by raising their ABP dramatically recently. They are now 5th in ABP and continue to climb, but I am uncertain if they can take the spot away from Wolfknives any time soon.

5. Eclipse:
The true rulers of ocean 55, Eclipse dominates its compitition constantly. Being lead by the vet. Purple Hornet is in itself enough to make this a winning group, but they also have the activity to back it up. Not one inactive player and they continue to hold their standards high. The proof is in the ABP, being second and a slim 5,000 between them and The Silence.

Best of luck to ALL alliances, you are all equipped with the tools to succeed, but now it is up to how each uses them.

Top 12 Alliances (Points):
[spr]
Top12_zpsd394fc87.png
[/spr]
Top 12 Aliiances (ABP):
[spr]
Top12ABP_zpsc9d021e5.png
[/spr]

DeletedUser2039

Featured Player: SgtSeeker of Eclipse
*This player has recently choosen to leave the game. Never the less, here is what he has written.*

In this section I have asked a player of obvious competitiveness (1st in ABP) to tell a little about himself, why he feels his alliance is the best, some things to note about ABP and why he takes it as a priority, and some advice he has for newer players. I hope this gives you a new perspective on one of the top players of Eta and some of the things he values the most.

Bio: Well I'm more on the younger side, I'm attending a specialized school for Government, Leadership, and Global Economics next school year, I received my acceptance letter today. I have a heart and passion for baseball.

Alliance: My alliance is part of you could say the "top 3 Plateau" in this world, as The Silence, The Union, Eclipse (my alliance) have dominated the top three spots in points and ABP, but ABP is much more important, because this is a war game. I'm very pleased with he activity of our alliance, as everyone in it participates in forum. daily and have no fear of supporting their fellow alliance mates. Were a concentrated group and look to dominate.

Role: I'm not a stand-out player in this game not even top 10 in ABP nor points. But i do contain the skills of leader and I'm my opinion do a fair job at leading my alliance alongside Purple Hornet. Nothing special, I'm just an old EN server vet intrigued by the new US server and decided to switch over recently.

Advice: I would give a little advice to newer players, in most cases "noobs" as the vets call newer players look for larger alliances, as in points and numbers. And think that's the place to be, now all the people who have played grepo before no this is the total opposite, its much better to be a small, forum active, communicative, aggressive group then an MRA alliance. So for future references, do not let the fancy profile or overwhelming numbers scare you. And i think that should wrap it up :)

DeletedUser2039

War Stories
“Hold that rooster still Baldo!!! If those soldiers hear us they’ll confiscate all our goods after the battle.”
Baldo and Balthazar, the twin brothers from Phonecia had come to Lord Raffy 's island with dreams of profit and sunny beaches. Instead they had found themselves in one of the largest battles in recent history. Right as they had finished unloading their cargo, Lord Bull3377had arrived with a massive armada of ships and soldiers. Now the brothers hid in an old cemetery near the coastline, hoping its lack of strategic importance would mean most of the battle would avoid them. But if Firebrand, their prized fighting rooster couldn’t keep still, they risked being discovered and pillaged.
-------
“Lord Raffy, I am sorry to have failed you, I was not strong enough.”
The young infantryman had been fatally wounded, he could feel his life slip away as the screams and sounds of battle roared all around him. He looked up to the sky as the waves of arrows provided a slight shade from the suns strong rays. Hundreds of comrades and enemies lied bloody and dying all around him. He thought about his life and whether anyone would remember this battle, or him for that matter.
With his last breath he mumbled, “I am Adonis, infantryman and proud servant of Lord Raffy.”
--------
“So lord Alexander, after surviving such an incredible battle, and escaping with our lives and our prized rooster, Firebrand. Wont you pay a higher price for this fighting rooster?”
Alexander smiled and gave a slight nod to Baldo and Balthazar, “Hah! You two do amuse me I have to say. I enjoyed the tale of such a ferocious battle, the soldiers who died will be remembered for millennia. Very well Baldo, I’ll pay double for the damn rooster, he better put on a good show at his next fight!!
------
Alexander De Marz, The Easter Raider, Warlord of Scythia
This story was inspired by the battle below:
pic2_zps9a4afbec.png

________________________________________________________________________________​
The old mercenary wiped his forehead, he looked down at his hand dripping with blood and sweat from the last three days of fighting. The citizens of Albion had resisted strongly, but in the end they had fallen as many had done in the past.
“My Lord Alexander De Marz, the enemy forces have scattered and Lord Warpspider78 has fled the island.”
Alexander nodded, “Good, prepare for a feast tonight. We will honor the fallen and give tribute to Zeus for his support in this war.”
The soldiers cheered as the fires burned in the night sky for their fallen comrades and former enemies. Troubadours played and sang, the wenches entertained his men, and the priest sacrificed a number of goats in the honor of Zeus.
Alexander stood at the top of the temple and looked to the coast. With the help of the full moon, he noticed a sizable armada with a familiar emblem travelling south , it was his friend and rival Ramsee The One. Returning from his latest conquest no doubt, the old mercenary tapped his sword and smiled. The Eastern Terrors had struck again.
“Hah, looks like our rivalry continues old friend. No time for this sword to rest. For glory and honor!!”
---------

Alexander De Marz, The Eastern Raider, Warlord of Scythia

DeletedUser2039

Alliance Leader Interviews
Q: Now that the world is slowly taking shape, what alliance under the top 5 do you think has the most potential for growth?
A: Well I would say Wolfknives, although they are sharing the same territory as The Silence.
Q: What makes your alliance "the best", assuming that you are in it because you feel it is the best choice?
A: Well when you have a group of active, loyal, and experienced players you can accomplish a lot in the long run.
Q: Key tip for anyone just learning the game?
A: The key tip I think for new players is that troops are more important than points. Sure it is nice to be high ranked in the world you are in but if you don't focus on troops first you are going to get crushed before you can enjoy this game.
Q: When looking for possible recruits, what are your first three criteria to look for in them (please explain)?
A: Character- When considering a players who wants to be part of the group, the player must be respectful, loyal, kind, and helpful. These characteristics are important as they determine whether he is a good addition to the alliance and will show whether he and his teammates get along.
Activity- If a player wants to join the group they have to be active. If they are not active they won't be able to efficiently help the team. I personally am on everyday and while I can't realistically think everyone else can they have to be on at least 5 days a week unless they are hurting the team because they lack the commitment needed to be part of the alliance. Obviously excused activity is okay but just staying off for a few days without bothering to tell the group of your intentions is a bit disrespectful as the team is counting in you to be there when they need assistance. I measure activity based on point growth and abp growth.
Experience- Not always as significant as the other two but still has an impact on whether you are qualified to join. Experience is important because you want the players in your group to understand what they should do in different situations of the game, and so they can be able to help the other players in the alliance properly.

Q: Now that the world is slowly taking shape, what alliance under the top 5 do you think has the most potential for growth?
A: Eclipse-The Union-The Silence
Q: What makes your alliance "the best", assuming that you are in it because you feel it is the best choice?
A: Yes I do think it is the best on this world, not the best compared to other worlds. I think because we work strongly together.
A: Use your damn militia.
Q: When looking for possible recruits, what are your first three criteria to look for in them (please explain)?
A: They have to message us, ABP, and 2400+ city.

A: Insane has the most potential for growth. With minimal opposition in the area they are in, as long as their surroundings take shape and people stay active, they have no one to stop them.
A: We are the best because of our area covered. We have a tight circle of cities and are not spreading ourselves as thin as most alliances.
A: Use the buddy system. If you have just ONE really good friend on here who is is close, active, can teach you things, share resources, and you can count on during war, is imperative to surviving.
A: Growth rate(not number of points but how fast you got there), loyalty (anyone who trades alliances every week will leave you as they did everyone else), position (if you are 20 hours away you can't send support as easy)

A:Honestly, I should pay more attention to this. As of now I don't think I have an answer
A:Well, its set up in a single ocean and well organized. The players respond really well to weekly objectives and have fun playing. Its hard to evaluate an alliance outside of war times.
A:Academy, Academy, Academy. The quicker you can get biremes the less worried you have to be about non-island players. I've seen it time and time again. Aggressive players get a fast start and get out there and start farming then they farm the wrong person that just counter attacks them cleaning there clock and then they run off and quite the game. So be balanced read up on defense and then go to town farming.
A:1) Is location. 2) How are your points.... keeping in mind points only really tell activity/ when they started the game. 3) is the conversation I have with them when I recruit them. How well do they communicate. It tells a lot about a person. Are they cocky, shy, or young? Do they understand the game, if not, would they ask for assistance if needed? etc

A:
A: Everyone seems to get along, no fighting, no jealousy that I'm aware of. When I first started the alliance it took me days before someone finally stepped up and took a leader position, which I find kind of nice, no one is just here for power from what I can tell. That and it's a great bunch of guys I've got, the forums are active, support between members is consistent, and they aren't afraid to tell me when I'm doing something wrong.
A: The wiki and forums can become your greatest adviser if you read them carefully and know what your looking for, also, if you're in an alliance ask your founder or other experienced players questions, they'll usually be more then happy to help you out.
A: Proximity; I prefer all my recruits to be in my ocean, however between our merger with the Companions and some on-the-border players, this isn't always possible, if they're not close to our core ocean, they at least have to be close to allies of ours. Battle Points; Although players don't carry with their ABP into to the alliance, I still look for hardened warriors and tacticians using this stat. Points; Even though points don't mean everything in Grepolis, a high point player can increase the alliance's ranking, and more often then less, they're good players as well.
My question for the audience...can you guess who said what?