The Eta Chronicle (Issue 2!)

DeletedUser2039

Featured Model Of The Issue:
Bio: Jennifer Lawrence was born in Louisville, Kentucky. She has 2 older brothers, Ben (Meredith) and Blaine, her parents are Gary and Karen Lawrence and a brand new nephew, Bear Lawrence.
Jennifer, known to her friends and family as “Jen”, was discovered in New York City at the age of 14. Before Jennifer became an actor, she was involved in cheerleading, field hockey, softball, and modeling, none of which she held a passion for.
In the spring of 2004, she traveled to New York City and set up a few auditions with talent and modeling agencies. After conducting her first cold read, the agents told her mother that “it was the best cold read by a 14- year-old they had ever heard”, and tried to convince her mother that she needed to spend the summer in Manhattan. After leaving the agency, Jen was spotted by an agent in the midst of shooting an H&M ad and asked to take her picture. The next day, that agent followed up with her and invited her to the studio for a cold read audition. Again, the agents were highly impressed and strongly urged her mother to allow her to spend the summer in New York City.
As fate would have it, she did spend that summer in New York City and appeared in commercials such as MTV’s “My Super Sweet 16″ and played a role in the movie, Devil You Know (2009). Shortly thereafter, her career forced her and her family to move to Los Angeles where she was cast in the TBS sitcom “The Bill Engvall Show” (2007) and movies such as The Poker House (2008) and The Burning Plain (2008).
Perhaps her most well-known work to date is her role as “Ree Dolly” in Debra Granik’s Winter’s Bone (2010). Released in early 2010, the film won the Grand Jury Prize at the Sundance Film Festival and earned Lawrence several awards such as Best Newcoming Actress at October’s Hollywood Awards.
Jennifer, now 21, will appear in The Hunger Games this March. She plays Katniss Everdeen.
Photos: 100% covered(;!
[spr]
190258-jennifer-lawrence_zpsb3fb9478.jpg

1659832541_2114525737001_SPL485722-tmb1_zps68833e3f.jpg

jennifer_lawrence_bikini_surf_hi4_lg_zpsd59c6b9f.jpg
[/spr]

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2039

Cross Word
Theme of the issue: military units!
Wordsearchnoanswers_zpsc30fd7ff.png

Answers:
[spr]
Wordsearchanswers_zpsb5c99847.png
[/spr]​

DeletedUser2039

Tips For Newbs
This is a section for newer players to get pointed in the right direction. While I won't go into specifics, I want all new players to recognize that these are keys to success in Grepolis and I would like all of you to research these topics further if you don't understand something. Enjoy!

1. First off, active in forums. This is so crucial I cannot even explain it. To be helpful in your alliance you must all communicate. Nothing can be done before achieving this. I feel bad for the alliances that have no forums at all. That is pathetic. Either leave or take the initiative. Many leaders are too lazy to do it themselves, but if they get a good forums mod that can design a helpful forum, you have something truly helpful. No alliance can operate without these, yet many still try.

2. Second, contact those in your alliance close to you. If you are in regular contact with close alliance members, they are far more likely to help you out. Building a personal relationship will also make them more likely to stay active, which all alliances want their members to do. You can also use them to lend/trade resources or troops on short notice. Some will even simply give you extra resources free because they are not using them (it happens more than you would think).

3. The final tip is…stay on the offensive. Do not get behind and only focus on defense. This can land you in a troublesome spot where players are no longer afraid of you because they know you will not retaliate. If you are stuck in this situation, you had better have an alliance to back you up or you are toast. Burnt toast too. And ain’t nobody got time to make more toast when they burn the first, so have fun eating crappy toast.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2039

On This Day In History
In an effort to raise funds to pay off debts and defend the vast new American territories won from the French in the Seven Years' War (1756-1763), the British government passes the Stamp Act on this day in 1765. The legislation levied a direct tax on all materials printed for commercial and legal use in the colonies, from newspapers and pamphlets to playing cards and dice.
Though the Stamp Act employed a strategy that was a common fundraising vehicle in England, it stirred a storm of protest in the colonies. The colonists had recently been hit with three major taxes: the Sugar Act (1764), which levied new duties on imports of textiles, wines, coffee and sugar; the Currency Act (1764), which caused a major decline in the value of the paper money used by colonists; and the Quartering Act (1765), which required colonists to provide food and lodging to British troops.
With the passing of the Stamp Act, the colonists' grumbling finally became an articulated response to what they saw as the mother country's attempt to undermine their economic strength and independence. They raised the issue of taxation without representation, and formed societies throughout the colonies to rally against the British government and nobles who sought to exploit the colonies as a source of revenue and raw materials. By October of that year, nine of the 13 colonies sent representatives to the Stamp Act Congress, at which the colonists drafted the "Declaration of Rights and Grievances," a document that railed against the autocratic policies of the mercantilist British empire.
Realizing that it actually cost more to enforce the Stamp Act in the protesting colonies than it did to abolish it, the British government repealed the tax the following year. The fracas over the Stamp Act, though, helped plant seeds for a far larger movement against the British government and the eventual battle for independence. Most important of these was the formation of the Sons of Liberty--a group of tradesmen who led anti-British protests in Boston and other seaboard cities--and other groups of wealthy landowners who came together from the across the colonies. Well after the Stamp Act was repealed, these societies continued to meet in opposition to what they saw as the abusive policies of the British empire. Out of their meetings, a growing nationalism emerged that would culminate in the fighting of the American Revolution only a decade later.

Why did I include this many of you ask? Well it is interesting of course! But the real lesson to be learned is: do not be afraid to stand up to your leaders in the alliance. If you feel they are lacking, well tell them! There is no room in any alliance for a weak leader and you need to make that well known. Take charge if you have too. I am not encouraging revolutions and overthrows to become common, just making all players aware that there is a time and place for these, and they are sometimes simply the only option to continue to succeed.

DeletedUser2039

U.S. Current Events
Will be discontinued until next issue.

Written by: Tyler Boyd
Additional credits to: SgtSeeker (writer of his featured player report) and Alexander De Marz (writer of the war storys)
~+rep if you guys like it!~
This is a biweekly newspaper and the next planned issue is set to appear 4/9/13

DeletedUser2385

Great Read! Thanks for all the extra effort Tyler!

~Keltset
Rising Shadows

DeletedUser

Just a quick thing. I am making the cartoon for you tyler for next issue. all my gods. The cartoon drama of grepolis gods and there scandelus exploits. Drawing a cartoon for real is a long process. But i hope to have it by next issue as i told you.
The weather maps that update themselves have been banned in the us forums for containing animated immages. So sorry no luck on that.
I will talk to you further about all my gods. And will continue work on it.
Thank you so much for the newspaper. It is very cool.

DeletedUser2039

Intelligence? Is that an insult or...? But yes, issue one was while I was sick so I had more time. I apologize that issue 2 was slightly rushed. I do have a life and time is always short. >_<

DeletedUser

issue two was great, it is a wonderful read, some issues will be better then others, that is the nature of journlizm. But issue two was awsome.

DeletedUser2630

Intelligence? Is that an insult or...? But yes, issue one was while I was sick so I had more time. I apologize that issue 2 was slightly rushed. I do have a life and time is always short. >_<

Tyler, I have nothing but positive thoughts about your efforts, and others, on this which in my gameplaying experience is unusual and much welcomed. One of the reasons I decided to stay on this server and play with you boys ;)
If you need any help or support on this or anything like that I know there will be plenty of willing helpers but please add me to that list.
In the game we will win, in playing the game we will have fun and make friends, and we have fun by killing!