Server roll back

DeletedUser

Are you mad as I am? What a waste of my time.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13

Yes it was annoying but thats how Server is working.....It must fall sometimes!
I was wondering why it cancel my construction? :D And sent some msgs again.......

DeletedUser308

Some players accounts were sabotaged, you may be mad but this is what had to be done.

DeletedUser

Are you ****** as I am? What a waste of my god damn time.

You say it to me? :s I have full warehoueses, and full favors.

There was a bug like this on the hungarian grepolis, too, but there an alliance won the world, by finishing their world wonders. So we must be happy to it happened now, not when we will buinding our world wonders...

Please close this thread.

DeletedUser

I made some brilliant strategy decisions early this morning; guaranteeing my dominance!

Now I can't remember what they were!

:p

DeletedUser

US grepolis sucks. I don't even play this world much and just when I decided to 5 min farm all day, roll back happens and everything is gone. Of course nerds think it's no big deal, they gotta sit in front of the monitor anyway.

DeletedUser

US grepolis sucks. I don't even play this world much and just when I decided to 5 min farm all day, roll back happens and everything is gone. Of course nerds think it's no big deal, they gotta sit in front of the monitor anyway.

Please think before posting. Everyone lost something, not just you. I lost "tonns" of resources, and favors, but I don't say "US grepolis sucks". It happened with the hungarian servers, too, while they were build their world wonders, and they won it, because nobody could attack them... I think this situation is much better.

DeletedUser

It's a major screw up and it's not better, it's still a screw up. I understand this server is full of noobs that don't care if their 50 swords they built over night disappeared. If something like that happened on EN servers, there would be no grepolis after that. If you are trying to compare US grepolis to hungry server (num num num), you are just proving my point. US grepolis is another joke.

DeletedUser

Indeed, it's a screw-up that thankfully shouldn't happen again. Honestly, no matter whether or not they rolled back the server, someone would lose something. As they're fixing the gold issue now, that means that people would either lose resources/favor due to maxed out warehouses, a few building levels and orders, maybe some troops that were training and the element of surprise if they were attacking someone who saw the attacks/reports, or some people would lose entire cities, wall levels, silver in the caves, large amounts of troops (due to attacking or being attacked by a "hacker"), and possibly friends and their alliances.

Honestly, if this happened in EN Grepo, there would be a bunch of people who made a huge (and I mean huge) and hugely pointless fuss on the forums, that wouldn't even remotely compare to the anti-2.0 riot, and most people (the sane, mature, and reasonable ones) would just move on.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

imagine if people activated VM and went on vacation. They will come back and discover all their cities have been taken. Oops, server error, stuff happens, sorry bro. This is not a pirate underground LineAge II server, mistakes like this are inexcusable. And it's not like they messed up for the first time. This is now a pattern. Settings still don't work after the last update.

DeletedUser

Honestly, I'm sure you know as well as I do that VM takes two days to activate. Unless you're an idiot, or have poor planning skills, or just didn't know, you can easily reactivate it the next day. And that assumes that Inno can't reactivate VMs, or that they were rolled back with the server as well, I've heard that Gamma's beginner's protection ended today, even though with the rollback it would've been tomorrow.

Innogames isn't made up of Gods (even though that is a theme with Grepolis), they're human like you and I, so even they can make mistakes, and (hopefully) learn from them. Sure, some are pretty nasty like this one, and one they really shouldn't have made, but it was made because they wanted us to be able to play Grepolis and not experience downtime while they moved the servers. Unfortunately it backfired (pretty badly at that), but points for effort, eh?

Anyhow, instead of complaining, why don't you suggest an alternative solution, or offer something constructive? It's too late to implement such now, but next time they'd be ready with your super duper alternate solution. If you can think of one.

DeletedUser13

Agreed....Mistakes must happen....look for better solutions after them! :D

DeletedUser

Personal insults are not acceptable. Keep it to in game only.

DeletedUser

I had 2 attacks incoming, then server went AWOL and when I was finally able to log in, I found that both of them hit me. Imagine if it was a CS. I know there probably gonna be another flock of degenerates calling me a 12 year old, but this is bloody ridiculous.

DeletedUser308

I'll admit this last rollback has me upset, my latest conquest got rolled back and when i logged in my cs landed at the city but was sunk.

DeletedUser

I'll admit this last rollback has me upset, my latest conquest got rolled back and when i logged in my cs landed at the city but was sunk.

which is pretty much ****...

To hell with this.