Reset during World Wonders

DeletedUser13504

I saw where you posted the entire email and the developer made no mention of resetting. I would hope they prevent attacks from landing on a city in bp as that is most certainly a flaw.
Read the post again...the quoted section is an exact quote, from an email reply on the issue of a player having the ability to reset and restart during wonders, which Inno has been petitioned to change the ability for this to be done. The in my opinion portion was an interpretation that Inno never intended this tactic, or the ability to use this tactic, to be used as a wonders strategy. The player found a game mechanic flaw which he utilized, which inno states was an exploitation to a flaw in the game system.

DeletedUser9133

I don't think you understand what I am saying, I don't think a player should be allowed to reset and join the world when wonder start. The world is closed to new players so noone should be allowed to join, even if they have already been playing. However, if the city was swapped with someone who only had a handful of cities but had been in the world for a while you still wouldn't be able to recall your attacks so there really isn't a change there. The morale bit you, not the BP. Comprehend amigo

That is only part of the issue. Not only did those attacks go splat against low morale but they were unable to continue launching because of beginners protection. Had it been a low morale player without beginners protection, they could have continued hammering away to remove the defense even under low morale conditions. In this case the early attacks went splat and they had no recourse but to stop attacks while the other group was allowed to continue adding support.

DeletedUser15543

Not really, people can city swap at any point with someone with low morale at any point during the game. No different than any other city swap really, the morale just bit you. Definitely not a bug

Which part of Beginner Protection you don't understand? I didn't say its a bug, I said its unexpected/incorrect and game developers should fix it. I know what a bug is.

DeletedUser15689

Blah blah blah, changing the rules mid game is like telling me during a chess match my knight can no longer move in an L pattern and I can't play for a stalemate. We signed up for a morale world. Don't hear you complaining about your players that used morale in their favor like GDI did, one admitted it to me.

DeletedUser15528

Blah blah blah, changing the rules mid game is like telling me during a chess match my knight can no longer move in an L pattern and I can't play for a stalemate. We signed up for a morale world. Don't hear you complaining about your players that used morale in their favor like GDI did, one admitted it to me.
The main problem here was not the morale itself... It was how the morale was gained.
The point you need to understand is that mike was a big player and played if not all, most of baris. He was not low morale through out Baris. The world was closed to any newcomers for wonders. Basically when he reset he should not have been able to rejoin baris, and gain a low morale status when he was 100% morale all world. The reason for low morale im sure was to protect new commers so they hav there chance to build up with low morale, so bigger players dont beat up on them. Soooo... Mike was a bigger player who did not need low morale throughout world so why should he get that status at they end of world because he reset himself??
He should not hav been able to restart and gain low morale status ...period.com He should hav been gone from baris once he reset himself this far into world

DeletedUser15528

Please just take a second to understand this example
So you battled all season to get to the superbowl. Well the game is not going your way and only 2 minutes left untill the final whistle blows!
So basiclly the quarter back calls a time out and tells the refferey that he doesnt like his cituation so he tells the reff to please reset the clock to the 1st quarter and take away the score.
That wouldnt happen in the superbowl so why should that be able to happen in wonder stage!!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser11809

This may be to elevated for you to understand DAN, but a rule changes will ALWAYS effect an active server....since there is never a time when there isnt an active server... comprende?

DeletedUser10354

This may be to elevated for you to understand DAN, but a rule changes will ALWAYS effect an active server....since there is never a time when there isnt an active server... comprende?

No it doesn't. A server should begin and end with the same rules. If you want to change the rules then make it effective for every server from there on out. You don't need to institute it for server already begun or hell toward the end. Imagine if at half of the super bowl the refs walked into the Falcons dressing room and said hey we don't like how this is going and the ratings are poor so the qb needs to throw all passes from his knees. It's ridiculous and would never happen in a properly refereed game. If you don't like a rule then they get changed in the offseason, not in the middle of a game. Comprende?

DeletedUser11809

But that never happens here, not sure why someone would expect it to now...this isnt football.

There is a change log that shows all the changes Inno does to the rules and functionality. Like changing the level of the Academy required for CS researching...mid-server rule/structure change

every update...mid-server changes

DeletedUser10354

But that never happens here, not sure why someone would expect it to now...this isnt football.

There is a change log that shows all the changes Inno does to the rules and functionality. Like changing the level of the Academy required for CS researching...mid-server rule/structure change

every update...mid-server changes

Because it's a fundamental change to the settings of the world. I would never expect them to change the speed mid server so why should I expect them to change morale mid server?

DeletedUser12333

I really hope that they decide to only make the change affect New worlds and not worlds that are already under way ..... It would make the situation in baris that much more funny since most reset prior to the rules kicking in
smiley_emoticons_auslachen2.gif

DeletedUser10832

I really hope that they decide to only make the change affect New worlds and not worlds that are already under way ..... It would make the situation in baris that much more funny since most reset prior to the rules kicking in
smiley_emoticons_auslachen2.gif

You fail to even get it Mazda. It's no matter if it affects Baris or not.. Our group is not interested in a bully grepolis which is exactly what it becomes with No-morale. Look at the situation in new worlds of late.. mega groups all agreeing to work together to try to convince yourselves how good you are cuz you have huge advantage in numbers and now.. in cities as the gold munchers maximize cities fast with essentially no long range penalty at all. THAT my friend is why we left, has nothing to do with fighting you guys or not wanting to battle over the wonder after inno made the change we consider to be a HUGE mistake for the game. For us, and a great many we have come across from other servers.. Grepo is now going the way of many an online game and will drift off as a once great game that lost it's way.

Cheers and I too hope it doesn't apply to current worlds so you can further giggle to yourself and stroke the overblown ego's you established online to compensate for what is lacking in real life.
smiley_emoticons_irre4.gif

DeletedUser15528

You fail to even get it Mazda. It's no matter if it affects Baris or not.. Our group is not interested in a bully grepolis which is exactly what it becomes with No-morale. Look at the situation in new worlds of late.. mega groups all agreeing to work together to try to convince yourselves how good you are cuz you have huge advantage in numbers and now.. in cities as the gold munchers maximize cities fast with essentially no long range penalty at all. THAT my friend is why we left, has nothing to do with fighting you guys or not wanting to battle over the wonder after inno made the change we consider to be a HUGE mistake for the game. For us, and a great many we have come across from other servers.. Grepo is now going the way of many an online game and will drift off as a once great game that lost it's way.

Cheers and I too hope it doesn't apply to current worlds so you can further giggle to yourself and stroke the overblown ego's you established online to compensate for what is lacking in real life.
Why are you guys such jerks? Lets stick to the point!! Low morale was never intended to protect a player like mike who is not a beginner!! So for him to gain low morale durring wonder phase after reset and gold city to take all wonder cities for a low morale gain was unjust!! ( it would not be a problem as we are in a low morale world!! But the way he became low morale at end of world to gain that advantage is the true issue!! He was not a beginer and should not have been able to gain that status! If he was already low morale and took over wonders is a 100% differnt cituation as we are in a low morale world!! But to be a player to reset at end of world to get that advantage needed to be fixed)

DeletedUser15528

Can we all just agree that there are things that need to be fixed? As i truly like this game and enjoy the friends and enimies. I told myself i wouldnt play grep again but im lying to myself. I enjoy it, its a break from real life. Lets just fix these issues and move on! We may be mates in future!! Lets just fix these flaws now and move on to next world! I do not think morale worlds should vanish as i believe its a good thing!! But my complaint is years in a world no way anyone should gain low morale that was not all server

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10832

Dude.. this will NOT fix the issue you are concerned about.. IF.. and we are not.. but if we were staying. . Ponder this crap.

Michaylis.. u know.. the dude with what.. 4 cities.. all along who just passed off cities as he built them. well.. riddle me this batman.. what is to stop ANY group from having 10-12 Michaylis players.. whom they place on a wonder when that stage comes along? Bottom line.. this will NOT fix this issue as it pertains to wonders.

What they should have done was to say .. Morale remains the same with the exception being it is not applicable on a wonder... the same damn thing they did with the VM issue. But.. again, it's about making this more of a bully type game... so .. no.. you will not be mates with any of us in the future.

Anyway, it's no matter.. just don't get why you continue to go on and on and on about the morale move. U get your crown. Print it for your mommies fridge and celebrate for crying out loud.

DeletedUser12333

Dude.. this will NOT fix the issue you are concerned about.. IF.. and we are not.. but if we were staying. . Ponder this crap.

Michaylis.. u know.. the dude with what.. 4 cities.. all along who just passed off cities as he built them. well.. riddle me this batman.. what is to stop ANY group from having 10-12 Michaylis players.. whom they place on a wonder when that stage comes along? Bottom line.. this will NOT fix this issue as it pertains to wonders.

What they should have done was to say .. Morale remains the same with the exception being it is not applicable on a wonder... the same damn thing they did with the VM issue. But.. again, it's about making this more of a bully type game... so .. no.. you will not be mates with any of us in the future.

Anyway, it's no matter.. just don't get why you continue to go on and on and on about the morale move. U get your crown. Print it for your mommies fridge and celebrate for crying out loud.

They changed the newly changed morale rules already dude to reflect some of what you are saying in regards to WW islands.

and save the drama for real life for petes sake, dont act like you know anything about me. There are a lot more ways to bully then just size, lets take constant PMing and MMing from players. PMing that you claimed to hate so much and disrespect when it was done to your team, but it sure seemed to be ok from the other side.

at the end of the day its a game guys, and if you arent having fun then you should quit, there is always 3 sides to a story just always remember that. With all the things in the world that are important sorry but this just really isnt that big of deal lol

DeletedUser15528

Not gona go crazy here. But it was ok when michy was on your squad??
Long world things have changed players have left and some chose to stay. We now out number you but we all battled had our moments. World over congats to us all on baris!! All of us red blue green! Long world glad its over for us all

DeletedUser3750

I would argue that morale only really protects players from what you call "bully grepolis" to a limited degree. The bigger problem is that the game has become pay to win with gold giving players too much of an advantage and more players than ever willing to throw insane amounts of money at the game. Maybe the increase in popularity in app games has made this insatiable and probably no going back now. I have even considered playing a foreign server not because I want it easy just looking for a level playing field.

It seems like TBA is viewed by KoD as golders and cheats, this is just not the case. The players in both alliances probably have more in common then KoD realize.

I agree either eliminating morale on wonder islands or even all islands once the age of wonders begin along with preventing restarted is a better solution to the one being implemented.

DeletedUser10520

I couldn't agree more dow. But at least a limited degree is better than nothing.....
As for gold cheats I've never been in an alliance in all my time in grepo that didn't accuse the other side of being gold whores. Knowing how much gold I personally use I take it as a compliment of my skills in grepo every time I'm accused of being a gold whore. Sadly this has not happened to me much of late :(
I believe the numbers of true gold whore's are really quite low but very damaging considering there is nearly no way to stop them. Res used to be the one thing that could throttle a player (could only demand so much from a farm and you could not buy it) now you can do as much as you like as long as your bank account is big enough. this gives these select few a massive advantage over the average gamer, even worse if your a very low gold user or no gold user. Why would you even play if you had no chance of keeping up like most new players that do not have a bunch of long term grepo friends or a grepo reputation to get into a decent alliance. those people are just food if there is no real morale penalty. Its no wonder that new servers barely break outa the 4 core oceans, baris might just be one of the last decent servers
smiley_emoticons_frown.gif

DeletedUser4481

I agree with the comment above about restricting pacting by limiting support - that would be a good change. In the last year in one world after another the "premades" are not just one alliance but at least 2 quickly growing to 3. Having one alliance (actually 2 or 3) that is 3x bigger right out of the box just doesn't make the game much fun, or fair. The big group has such a huge advantage that it attracts attackers who don't have to worry much or at all about defense - they can just go blow up smaller alliances/players until the attackers run out of food and quit. That has been a consistent pattern, and I think it's bad for the game.