Reset during World Wonders

DeletedUser10832

To be clear on this 'morale' complaint in a MORALE enabled world. It's just comical to listen all these people crying over a morale use, in a morale world.. while at the same time.. doing exactly what they are complaining about. I just counted em up and there are 31 cities that have been colonized in ocean 54, next to the Tomb wonder in question. This by the way is done by players with very low morale, who have done nothing in the game essentially since the last mass colonization that was done in ocean 74 in the same manner to move players near those wonders. Is this not exactly the same issue here? Check the stats for yourself. Same players, very tiny players, doing it over n over n over again en masse. Some have had no bp or even growth for months at a time. In fact.. many are currently showing up to 8 days inactive.. seems they are not yet ready to upgrade and pass the cities..

In a nutshell.. pure hypocrisy complaining about use of a morale move in a morale world at the same time using it yourselves to your advantage.

DeletedUser836

Guys, please do not make multiple posts in a row. It is considered spamming.

DeletedUser15528

Hi zimm nvr talked to you nice to meet you. :)
Those players that your refering to did not reset in a closed world (to return and gain wonder cities under bp and low moral )and sneak through the cracks of they intended vm rules to prevent this type of scenerio from happening on a wonder.
Or did i miss something?

DeletedUser13504

RVA - two questions for you.

1- If the world was not "won" then why did I get a certificate and badge that says "Victor of Baris"? If that badge is not earned for winning the world can you please advise your definition of the word victor please?

2- If it is "illegal" for a player to reset then why does Inno allow you to do it? It is illegal to share resources or support a player with which you share a connection so that is not allowed by the game. It's illegal to attack with 5 CSs so the game does not allow you to do that either. There are many things that are illegal that the game doesn't allow you to do...If Inno intended for a restart to be the same as delete then they would have made the two buttons do the exact same thing. They don't because they are two completely different actions.

Actually, Duck, it was an oversight by the game developer. Beginners protection was never intended to be used as a strategy for wonders. Please find below this sentence an email directly from the game developer.

Thank you for contacting InnoGames on this matter.

We have since reviewed the case and some initial action has been taken. We will conduct some further research with our Game Design team in regards to this exploit of a flaw in our systems and investigate possibilities to prevent this type of action to happen again.

Please know that we cannot disclose any information about the actions taken against third parties for the sake of protecting their data as much as any other players. However, you can rest assured that both our community team and the development team in Hamburg are aware of the happenings and doing their best to maintain as fair a game as possible to everyone.

Kind regards,

Grepolis Team

Grepolis Team

InnoGames GmbH

Friesenstr 13 – 20097 Hamburg - Germany
Tel +49 40 7889335-0
Fax +49 40 7889335-200

DeletedUser10354

Actually, Duck, it was an oversight by the game developer. Beginners protection was never intended to be used as a strategy for wonders. Please find below this sentence an email directly from the game developer.

Thank you for contacting InnoGames on this matter.

We have since reviewed the case and some initial action has been taken. We will conduct some further research with our Game Design team in regards to this exploit of a flaw in our systems and investigate possibilities to prevent this type of action to happen again.

Please know that we cannot disclose any information about the actions taken against third parties for the sake of protecting their data as much as any other players. However, you can rest assured that both our community team and the development team in Hamburg are aware of the happenings and doing their best to maintain as fair a game as possible to everyone.

Kind regards,

Grepolis Team

Grepolis Team

InnoGames GmbH

Friesenstr 13 – 20097 Hamburg - Germany
Tel +49 40 7889335-0
Fax +49 40 7889335-200
I never referred to beginner protection in the post your referencing I referred to resetting your account.

DeletedUser13504

My apologies, Duck. I'll rephrase then... resetting an account during wonders was never intended to be used as a strategy and an oversight by the game developers. Is that better?

DeletedUser5973

The fact that the players launched at a city with 100% morale and hit it with 30% morale even though the city was under beginner protection after it got flipped is a bit unexpected/incorrect, don't you think. There were no options to recall the attacks or let the attacks just bounce.

Not really, people can city swap at any point with someone with low morale at any point during the game. No different than any other city swap really, the morale just bit you. Definitely not a bug

DeletedUser10354

My apologies, Duck. I'll rephrase then... resetting an account during wonders was never intended to be used as a strategy and an oversight by the game developers. Is that better?
The email you reference does not state that so I don't think you have enough evidence to make a declarative statement like that.

DeletedUser15528

Not really, people can city swap at any point with someone with low morale at any point during the game. No different than any other city swap really, the morale just bit you. Definitely not a bug
Really? The bp bit us because of the beginers protection on the tomb wonder. What dont you guys comprehend? Due the begginers protection the reseted player gained enough bp to go from 3 wonder cities to 8.. undeserved bps at that! Is that not considered a bug or glitch or exploitng of the rules?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13504

The email you reference does not state that so I don't think you have enough evidence to make a declarative statement like that.

In my "opinion" then. What the email DOES say, in regards to the employed tactic of resetting an account during wonders, "to this exploit of a flaw in our systems", which goes against the rules and player agreement.

DeletedUser5973

I don't think you understand what I am saying, I don't think a player should be allowed to reset and join the world when wonder start. The world is closed to new players so noone should be allowed to join, even if they have already been playing. However, if the city was swapped with someone who only had a handful of cities but had been in the world for a while you still wouldn't be able to recall your attacks so there really isn't a change there. The morale bit you, not the BP. Comprehend amigo

DeletedUser10354

In my "opinion" then. What the email DOES say, in regards to the employed tactic of resetting an account during wonders, "to this exploit of a flaw in our systems", which goes against the rules and player agreement.
You added content to the quote you took from an email I have never seen but you purport to have received. The added content changed the meaning of what you purport the developer said.

DeletedUser7318

I don't think you understand what I am saying, I don't think a player should be allowed to reset and join the world when wonder start. The world is closed to new players so noone should be allowed to join, even if they have already been playing. However, if the city was swapped with someone who only had a handful of cities but had been in the world for a while you still wouldn't be able to recall your attacks so there really isn't a change there. The morale bit you, not the BP. Comprehend amigo
I think the point isn't just about the morale being unfair, it's that even after they hit the city with low morale, they can't even do anything to it because of it being in BP still-- you can't followup or try to take the city until the BP wears off.

That seemed to be the main point of the post.

DeletedUser5973

You guys are bitching like something should be done in this world. The player didn't cheat because everything was done within the rules. Only thing that can change is future worlds.

The FCC is fine by this post, grepo should be too

And no they are complaining because their attacks that were already launched hit a lower morale city than they thought because of the swap. They have made this plenty clear in multiple posts

DeletedUser13504

You added content to the quote you took from an email I have never seen but you purport to have received. The added content changed the meaning of what you purport the developer said.
Now your reaching, Duck lol Several people received the same exact email directly from InnoGames, word for word! If you're questioning as to whether the email is true, you are more then welcome to email Inno directly yourself. Do you need their email address?

DeletedUser12333

The winner was determined in Feb 2016.

vic·tor
ˈviktər/
noun
  1. 1.
    a person who defeats an enemy or opponent in a battle, game, or other competition.

I can do this to Duck lol. Wikipedia is at the bottom haha, please notice the word victory in it. honestly I dont think that they should be punished but rules changed, and if the roles were reversed you can count that you all would be crying and whining and MMing our alliance like you all did when you ghosted because you lost all your wonders. These forums were started to let inno know what is happening and the rest of the players out side of baris and put there 2 cents in so that there can be a decision made, at the end if it stays the same then so be it but at least it was discussed and everyone aware of what can be done

crown
kroun/
noun
  1. 1.
    a circular ornamental headdress worn by a monarch as a symbol of authority, usually made of or decorated with precious metals and jewels.
    synonyms: coronet, diadem, circlet, tiara;
    literarycoronal
    "a jeweled crown"

2. 2.
    the top or highest part of something.
    "the crown of the hill"
    synonyms: top, crest, summit, peak, pinnacle, tip, head, brow, apex
    "the crown of the hill"

A crown is a traditional symbolic form of headgear worn by a monarch or by a deity, for whom the crown traditionally represents power, legitimacy, victory, triumph, honor, and glory, as well as immortality, righteousness, and resurrection. In art, the crown may be shown being offered to those on Earth by angels. Apart from the traditional form, crowns also may be in the form of a wreath and be made of flowers, oak leaves, or thorns and be worn by others, representing what the coronation part aims to symbolize with the specific crown. In religious art, a crown of stars is used similarly to a halo. Crowns worn by rulers often contain jewels.

DeletedUser5973

291.jpg

DeletedUser10354

Now your reaching, Duck lol Several people received the same exact email directly from InnoGames, word for word! If you're questioning as to whether the email is true, you are more then welcome to email Inno directly yourself. Do you need their email address?
I'm not reaching. You added the words resetting of an account during wonders to the purported email. I would assume that the flaw they are referring to is that the attacks landed on a player still in bp, not about a player resetting during wonders. It would seem logical that once the city is flipped and the city owner is still in bp the attacks should bounce. The fact that that didn't happen is on inno though not the player. That said they didn't specifically say what they considered a flaw so I'm assuming just as much as you are.

DeletedUser13504

I'm not reaching. You added the words resetting of an account during wonders to the purported email. I would assume that the flaw they are referring to is that the attacks landed on a player still in bp, not about a player resetting during wonders. It would seem logical that once the city is flipped and the city owner is still in bp the attacks should bounce. The fact that that didn't happen is on inno though not the player. That said they didn't specifically say what they considered a flaw so I'm assuming just as much as you are.
I am not going to post the entire email as it includes my personal email address which would not be appropriate to post here. The exploited "flaw" they are referring too is a flaw that allowed a player to reset and restart in a world which has reached wonders stage. Like I mentioned previously, you are more then welcome to personally contact Inno to yourself to verify the validity of that information.

The good news is now that Inno is aware of that flaw, they are working with the games designers to see about closing that loophole so this tactic won't be able to be used going forward in existing and/or future worlds.

DeletedUser10354

I am not going to post the entire email as it includes my personal email address which would not be appropriate to post here. The exploited "flaw" they are referring too is a flaw that allowed a player to reset and restart in a world which has reached wonders stage. Like I mentioned previously, you are more then welcome to personally contact Inno to yourself to verify the validity of that information.

The good news is now that Inno is aware of that flaw, they are working with the games designers to see about closing that loophole so this tactic won't be able to be used going forward in existing and/or future worlds.

I saw where you posted the entire email and the developer made no mention of resetting. I would hope they prevent attacks from landing on a city in bp as that is most certainly a flaw.