PnP-What is the definition of an MRA? (previous PnP continued)

DeletedUser2039

*Dedicated to Joseph Nieves...cuz I felt like it.*

**I want to say, I am showing great restraint by not posting the states every RS player lives in, that is too far for me...they post their time zones in the forums like it doesn't matter hahaha all in a nice list. If you are attacking an RS member, and you want to know likely offline times, see me.(;**

Disclaimer:
Tyler Boyd said:
Rising Shadows is not exactly an MRA, but it made the PnP a little more cohesive, so I decided on that for a theme. Makes everything fit. If you find that you don't like this PnP, well great, I bet it's serving it's purpose. If you think any of the following information is biased, exaggerated, or the truth; it is politics and propaganda. Expect it all. This serves an obvious purpose, to educate the masses on the number one alliance in Eta (jk, TU took it back while I was writing this...win...jk...or am I). Enjoy folks; my newest creation and practice at PnP.

Well first, for all you noobs of Eta, you ask, what is an MRA? Well an MRA is a mass recruiting alliance. Essentially, they don't know how to turn players down from their alliance (a couple top 12's could be categorized as this pretty easily). Another sure sign is a full academy. This may include inactives. If the main alliance has more than 2-3 inactives, well MRA it up buddies (or do rankings matter that much to you?). Yet another sure sign is the stupid mistakes they make, but that part is only a bonus.

So what examples do I have of these MRA's, so I can show you really what they are.
Forums
Here is the the Rising Shadows forum...it might take you a while to figure out.:confused:
[spr]
pics1_zps9b6926fe.png

Here is the confusion that ensues:
[spr]This is a shadow member in complete bewilderment.
images

This is the shadow members driving to work, it takes them a while.
confusion2.jpg

This is them at work, trying to fund online gaming.
work-funny-motivational.jpg

Here is just another way I can better explain the confusion you better understand. This isn't of coarse about a certain player...don't think that.
__tatobt_confusion___by_nicklavin-d5fcdsa.png

And last, but not least, we have the general feeling by your members.
7022cafd9b3ceca0cee3a37b426dbb1c.jpg

[/spr][/spr]
Leadership
An MRA also has leadership that just doesn't understand what they're doing. It's like they're from another planet or something!
[spr]
Genesis-Land-Of-Confusion-1955931.jpg

Kelset is on the far left with his big nose. This is mainly to track down spies. You better get searching (I think his nose is too stuffy to currently find the spy)...or wait, we didn't get there yet. Read on.:)
Cadishack is the one in the middle laughing. He does a lot of that, but doesn't seem to get much done in the alliance. ANOTHER SIGN OF AN MRA! Less active leaders pushing work on others, yep!
And last but not least, the newest founder of thy MRA, BayouBrit. She is seen on the far right. She is known for her big mouth, used to eat other players with her 14 cities, all defensive cities at the moment because she can't handle The Union's heat. "Let's get a defensive plan guys (so I don't need to defend myself), so I can attempt a few more 5 LS attacks!" "Yes mam, whatever you need." (Kelset)
This can be found here, sorry for the bad cut job, I wasn't in the best of circumstances here. Link.[/spr]
Spies/Member discomfort
MRA's also need spies in their alliance. Here is some irony you might be interested in. Yea...bad day for spying, but wait, a spy is watching right now! (big thanks to the spy contributing to this PnP, and the other players sending me hate mail about RS haha) Thanks to RS too for the forum space they use up just for The Union!
[spr]
2Rj2W.jpg
[/spr]
For the entire Rising Shadows alliance, I suggest some forum control. Not only did I get a peek at your academy forums, some very angry players down there...I was also approached by a player in your main alliance. High up in the food chain so to speak. Thank you NA/RS merger, making MRA's overlook stupid recruits since Grepo began:
[spr]
pics1_zps08eacc14.png
[/spr]

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2039

Pacts
We of coarse need to speak about pacts. MRA's love them, so let's get a look shall we! Here is this players opinion, interesting, speaking loads about them:
[spr]
2Rjgn.jpg
[/spr]
Sloppy Seconds (TU kicks to RS)
It comes a time in a world when an alliance needs to begin to shed weight, and not only kick inactives, but kick less effective players. The Union has recently done this. Now look what Rising Shadows is doing. They are being nice and cute and picking up TU sloppy seconds and holding them in their academy. Nice right? Has MRA written all over it...my MRA alarm is going off right now.
pics1_zps5a74bac7.png

[spr]
2Rq1Y.png

2Rq4h.png
[/spr]
Topping It Off...
To top it off, and drive my point home, I show you their academy. Just look at the amount of players in the top that are looking good. Ok, not so bad.
[spr]
2RHTD.png
[/spr]
Wait...that's only four players? And two are from recent TU kicks...I see. Anyway here's the rest. Great idea to have shared forums when you recruit like this!
[spr]
2RHXx.png
[/spr]
Wait...it gets even better.:)
[spr]
2RHZD.png
[/spr]
Still going...does it end? Or did they blow past the 50 member cap or something??
[spr]
2RI3E.png
[/spr]
Oh their's the end! I forgot to mention how they forgot to hide their pacts in the academy...out of 44 members in the academy, no one thought to do that? Well, active members is another story.:)

DeletedUser

Gotta love Bayou being made a founder right off the bat. Kelset was a little desperate for some lady accompaniment it appears.

DeletedUser2039

On the subject of Bayou, I couldn't resist....open at your own risk!:D
[spr]
2RMbm.png

2RMaP.jpg

Sorry for crossing out the specifics. That was me, but that wasn't the point of the post.[/spr]

DeletedUser1048

lol Nice job, I think you should put the states they live in. That is pretty funny, Bayou the "founder" of RS helped you out there :D

DeletedUser2039

lol Nice job, I think you should put the states they live in. That is pretty funny, Bayou the "founder" of RS helped you out there :D
Well, I don't think Daedalus would appreciate that too much.:D Bayou is a sly one though.:p It would be even funnier if she disbanded them. She could have the milestone for MRA disband 2 months into the world!

DeletedUser

**I want to say, I am showing great restraint by not posting the states every RS player lives in, that is too far for me...they post their time zones in the forums like it doesn't matter hahaha all in a nice list. If you are attacking an RS member, and you want to know likely offline times, see me.(;**

I'll save you some trouble... I live in Ohio. That would be the eastern time zone for those who feel the need to look that up.

DeletedUser2039

I live in PA! No way! I head out to Ohio every summer with the guys to skate DC plaza in Kettering. Don't know how close you are to there, but we stay right outside of Cincinnati.:D

DeletedUser

:-o I enjoyed reading this. It makes me feel like tylor is getting desperate. Who cares what the forum says?!
You should have read it when the big spammer was there...points to thyself(now that would have made you have nightmares).eheheheh...Go rising shadowsssss.\:-o/
A player that put 80 members(his and his academy)against 8 or 9 players and calls it war, doesnt even deserve coments from you here.^^

DeletedUser

:-o I enjoyed reading this. It makes me feel like tylor is getting desperate. Who cares what the forum says?!

This is just something fun to do.

A player that put 80 members(his and his academy)against 8 or 9 players and calls it war, doesnt even deserve coments from you here.^^

Not Alone was the ones to attack The Union. The Union just fought back.

DeletedUser2039

Lol, infer whatever you wish from this, I don't care. It served it's purpose. I think everyone should care what the forum says. It is the central communication in the alliance. If you don't care about that, you aren't paying enough attention to how the alliance works...?

DeletedUser3307

The alliance forums in Grepolis are crap. The most basic of forums possible. It's not surprising that they get cluttered. Someone out there must have come up with a webpage that does it better. How about you share it.?.

DeletedUser2039

The alliance forums in Grepolis are crap. The most basic of forums possible. It's not surprising that they get cluttered. Someone out there must have come up with a webpage that does it better. How about you share it.?.
I agree, but while staying on topic, their are better ways of alliance forum organization than others. In this case, tab and thread organization were a bit on the crazy side.

That being said, you might want to think how the masses would appeal to a more complex alliance forum. Learning it would be very difficult. Running an alliance and knowing all the ins and outs, as a forum moderator for the alliance, even harder. Some alliance leaders don't even get the entire system now. While not complex now, making it worse could be a change we are ready for, but the newer/new players are not.

DeletedUser

From what I've seen most of the newer/new players don't even read the forums on a regular basis. What would a better organization/format do to change that? Nothing. As long as all pertinent information/correspondence is transmitted/read/understood through the forums or message system for an alliance to be effective why does it matter? I'd have to say 99% of my coordination with other players has come through the message system. I've seen some very well organized forums that were kept clear of clutter and off topic posts yet if a lot or most of the members don't make it a point to check more than once or twice a week then any information in there is pointless.

DeletedUser2039

Well, I can't speak for other alliances on this, but The Union has 100% forum activity. I know Keltset said he had 100% forum activity too, but his academy can't be accounted in that. Alliances need to make information public in an effective manner. PM's can't be MM'd every time a city is under attack or a CS needs support to land. Maybe smaller scale, but for a whole alliance, I don't think so.

In all, I disagree about newer players not checking the forums. Maybe the alliances you have been in persuaded you that, but not mine, and I know not some others too.

DeletedUser

Outside of a being say being impatient and or retarded I don't understand why you would out a potential source of info. Way to think in the short term or fail to think in the long, whichever.

DeletedUser2039

Lol, considering every source I have is still there, I don't care. Most obviously, Bayou is still founder haha. They are actually denying that screen shot. Be my guest and try and find a pixel out of place...anyway, the purpose of this PnP was to reveal problems with RS, discourage others with working with them, kill credibility, ect. I never purposely put spies in an alliance because I don't really like their use. I have my reasons for timing.

Please refrain from calling me retarded, or inferring it, in the future. While you think I'm thinking short-term, the problems I caused inter-alliance have long-term affects. If you feel otherwise, voice it differently please. We can all respectfully disagree.

DeletedUser

Lol, considering every source I have is still there, I don't care. Most obviously, Bayou is still founder haha. They are actually denying that screen shot. Be my guest and try and find a pixel out of place...anyway, the purpose of this PnP was to reveal problems with RS, discourage others with working with them, kill credibility, ect. I never purposely put spies in an alliance because I don't really like their use. I have my reasons for timing.

Please refrain from calling me retarded, or inferring it, in the future. While you think I'm thinking short-term, the problems I caused inter-alliance have long-term affects. If you feel otherwise, voice it differently please. We can all respectfully disagree.

your vision is myopic, your forgery left obvious fingerprints. You caused inter alliance problems? We have had a dozen different groups ask when we are taking specifically you down since the article was posted. mo money son.

DeletedUser2039

Point those fingerprints out to me, show me I need glasses for my myopic vision. Anyway, I don't know how you're going to come after me with your NA branch in defense mode and the rest of RS a corner ocean away from me. Should I give you a map? Or would my myopic vision impede that being accurate as well?thisisgrepolis

I'm glad my article did well though. I brought some new members onto the forums.:D

I question mo money son...that just doesn't make sense there.:s

DeletedUser

Kettering...haha...nice.....I live in hamilton (halfway between cincinnati and dayton) funny enough my brother lives in Kettering....I'm there all the time!