Pella beacon of freedom

DeletedUser11203

Howdy, world of Pella! I have come from Naxos, where I did fairly well, 6 cities, one at 9500 points. I have come to Pella to build an empire of peace. My basic premise is that you shouldn't have to fight a war just because the rest of your alliance is. Therefore, whoever is in trouble, or just wishes for peace may come to me or one of my friends and receive relief and protection. I plan to organize tournaments between friends for the sake of BP and cp, but nobody will ever be forced to fight. My alliance is United States of America. Anyone reading this thread and laughing at me, laugh all you please, but just know that we will not attack you. For war to initiate, you must be the aggressor who randomly attacks for no reason. Peace!

DeletedUser7319

SMH...... good luck with that bro....

I just dont understand playing a " WAR" game, and not wanting to war....

The premise of this game is to conquer others and build your empire. Whats going to end up happening is, your going to build nice, shiny cities for other players that play the game as intended, and then you will lose said cities. I dont get it bro.

DeletedUser2568

thisisgrepolis not patty cake... I am with you BB not sure why you start playing a war game and then play nancy pancy with your friends... isnt there something like Sim City that you could do?

On a side note Fireman please start in 45 and build your cities up dont research anything in the academy and just max out your buildings that way they are ready for Pandamonium when we come.

DeletedUser1094

I give it a week....2 weeks if people are nice and want you to build the cities for them first

DeletedUser

Yeah, there is no reason to play if you don't want to have a war

DeletedUser8351

Say what? This is a WAR game. The only "buddies" we have are our teammates in our alliances. Butlerbeast described it in a nutshell.

DeletedUser

Translation of fireman's post:

"Howdy, world of Pella! I have come from Naxos, where I played for about a month, 6 cities, one at 9500 points. After which I got conquered and I still haven't realized that BP is more important than points. I have come to Pella to build farms and nice cities to conquer for better players. My basic premise is that I'm too much of a noob to play this game properly. Therefore, whoever is in trouble, or just wishes to be conquered may come to me or one of my friends and we'll make sure that you lose your city in less than 1-2 weeks after joining us. I plan to organize tournaments between friends for the sake of BP and cp, but nobody will ever be forced to fight because that's mean and mom said I should be nice to people. My alliance is United States of America cuz Fluffy Teddy Bears was taken. Anyone reading this thread and laughing at me, laugh all you please, but just know that we will not attack you *that's the whole reason we're laughing dude*. For war to initiate, you must be the aggressor who is playing the game as it should be played. Let's get conquered!"

I know that's a bit mean but I couldn't help myself.
Anyway, good luck. :)

~T.

DeletedUser

LOL, I thought we have an alliance like this working for silver already...

DeletedUser11203

Thanks for the overwhelming support! >_< I see what you mean, but I wanna try this, see what happens. I'm getting large support ingame, so......

DeletedUser11203

And T, much as I hate what you wrote, I gotta admit, it's pretty funny.

DeletedUser11203

SMH...... good luck with that bro....

I just dont understand playing a " WAR" game, and not wanting to war....

The premise of this game is to conquer others and build your empire. Whats going to end up happening is, your going to build nice, shiny cities for other players that play the game as intended, and then you will lose said cities. I dont get it bro.

Not exactly. I will build nice, shiny cities yes, but I will defend them like anyone else would. What I will not do is forcibly march in and grab a city just because it looks pretty. I didn't build it, he built it. He has just a much a right to a city as do I. And anyone who is having their city forcibly taken, I will lend support.

DeletedUser2568

as I said previously... thisisgrepolis not Sim City War is inevitable.

DeletedUser

And T, much as I hate what you wrote, I gotta admit, it's pretty funny.

Haha glad you found it funny, that was the goal :p

I'm curious to see if your idea works out. If you get a lot of support you might actually be able to survive. It's tough though cuz saying you'll be peaceful tends to paint a big target on your head. :)

DeletedUser7319

Not exactly. I will build nice, shiny cities yes, but I will defend them like anyone else would. What I will not do is forcibly march in and grab a city just because it looks pretty. I didn't build it, he built it. He has just a much a right to a city as do I. And anyone who is having their city forcibly taken, I will lend support.

Well then looks like good bp to be had.

Your right, everyone has the right to build their cities, but that's not the objective. Do you just wanna have big cities and do nothing with them. Geez, I cant even escape the "touchy, Feely" progressive movement in a WAR game!! Building cities just to build them is just like building LS nukes and never launching them.... it makes ZERO sense.

And to touch on your first post when you said " You should not be forced to fight in a war, bc you alliance is" ummmmm...... yes you should. You join an alliance to have those guys backs. If you disagree with a decision your leadership has made, you simply express your concerns to them privately. If all else fails , you leave. This is a team game, based on conquering other teams. If you cant be part of what the team wants to do, then leave the team.

Obviously, after being rimmed in Naxos, you figure being peaceful and non violent here will have a better outcome? Look around, do some research.... there are a ton of awesome, aggressive players on this one server. This is not the place for peace my friend. My message may seem to be mean or poking fun, but in all honesty it is just very blunt criticism, that hopefully will make you refrain from announcing to the world that you are here for peace and will build great cities for others in future servers.

DeletedUser9014

Butler, I think fireman has made me see the light.......no more conquesting anyone else's city, let's all be friendly and just play fight!!!!

Someone quick, get me a cape and foam LARPing sword!!!

Grepolis has worlds for simmers, i suggest if you want to build cities and thats it go there. If not well build them up for players like me and others here. We will gladly turn those peace lovers into fighters....

DeletedUser11203

Good grief, I'm glad I started this topic well prepared to defend my idea. I didn't share it all in one post, but I'm not a noob. I've thought this thing out. For bp, tournaments between friends. Yes, I know war is inevitable. What I'm saying is that I will never start it. And, if a player goes from daring someone to attack him to fighting for his life, particularly if his friends or alliance have deserted him, I'll have their back within reason. That's what happened to me in Naxos. I was feared by the enemy because I was making bold and smart moves, but as soon as I was framed and kicked out of the alliance, the first attack rolled in in 5 minutes. Within 24 hours, I had 1 city. Within a week, I was rimmed.

DeletedUser11203

Haha glad you found it funny, that was the goal :p

I'm curious to see if your idea works out. If you get a lot of support you might actually be able to survive. It's tough though cuz saying you'll be peaceful tends to paint a big target on your head. :)
Rather than just sit and say your curious, how about some help?

DeletedUser

He doesnt know how to help in your case, you dont wanna fight, and T only knows how to fight ;-)