Newspaper?

• Thread starter The Black Panther
  • Start date

DeletedUser2039

Hahahaha love that^^ but I think I will begin working on it this coming Saturday. I have some big papers and tests this week, so once I get them out of the way I wouldn't mind doing it. Can't wait!

DeletedUser

That's when the good stuff will begin. Not a lot going on right now. Just MRAs being farmed. There isn't a whole lot of actual wars that are going back and forth right now.

DeletedUser2039

I know, but I want some preliminary opinions from alliance leaders! See what they think and what **** will be talked on other alliances haha that's what really makes the newspaper good

DeletedUser

Some possible questions for Alliance leaders:

What in your opinion makes a sound alliance?
When considering pacts with other Alliances, what factors weigh in most before you consider them?
What kind of leadership do you feel is the most effective when trying to build a solid alliance?
Who do you predict the first wars of conflict will be between?

DeletedUser

As The Black Panther has correctly pointed out there will be no wars at this time. It takes about three months on a speed x1 world before any sense of territory takes shape. Only at that time is it possible to see the game beyond a series of skirmishes, territorial disputes and agreements. During this time the bulk of players will either leave or be forced from the game. Around 80% of those not on the rim have already left, even if 3rd party software does not present them as being absent at this time. But some cities are already going grey and in a few weeks they will simply be taken or disappear all together.

While it is perhaps fair to say that many players are unlikely to take this forum too seriously, some players will thrive on it. The question to my mind then is what do those that enjoy this forum really want? Also what do the others want to see this forum become? If you can answer these two questions and cultivate a wider degree of participation, then this newspaper should achieve it purpose.

Grepolis has a very wide membership. This means people can be found here of all ages, cultures and social standing. The advantage that the US servers have over the generic English servers is that the player base is more likely to either exist or associate more with American values. This should give you a good starting point.

It is fair to say that many who have just started playing InnoGames products might face an interesting and challenging learning curve. Just be patient and try to connect to a number of the community players here because they tend to enjoy teaching others more than playing the game itself. Old hands like me have been playing with InnoGames for almost ten years now and not much surprises me anymore. The one thing to always be mindful however is that some people that play in games like this could change your life forever. This is why it is unwise to berate any player or alliance unless you can see how they act firsthand. So the moral of the story is make up your own mind how to play the game and evaluate others for yourself.

A newspaper can offer some very interesting insights about the players themselves. Whatever you do, do interview the leaders of the most evil alliances in the game. All too often you will find they contain some of the nicest people you can meet. Appearances can be very deceptive in an online browser game and it is often good to help the players in the game see this firsthand. It is after all a game of people playing out their ultra egos. This is why some will associate with Conan's what is best in life speech.

Enjoy the game at whatever level you want to play it.

Cyrus

DeletedUser2039

Thank you for the insight into the complexity of the viewers this newspaper will have. I will try to incorperate a wide base of information and different topic headings that will interest different people. I also want to do a very limited current events section that will maybe cover some outside news of the US and even news in other worlds on grepo that could interest people and spark up conversations between players. I also want to do a section like Random Tips for Success or something like it to feature each month/week (haven't decided yet) that players can submit...Just brainstorming right now but I really like where this is going. Maybe a cross word is even possible if I insert it as an image and players can complete the numbered list or something and post it as a reply. I don't know, just trying to be creative!

Thank you again for the advice/insight Cyrus!

DeletedUser2039

Just a quick list to give you guys an idea of what I'm brainstorming (and how I'm currently procrastinating on HW...)
-Name (I have no idea yet, but I want it to be catchy and stick in the readers head)
-Sections
*Eta Events
*Wars/Outcomes
*Interviews (with alliance leaders)
*cross word (different theme each week/month/whatever!)
*tips of the week (2-3 each issue)
*questions to the writer (anything I am asked personally, I may feature in the next issue if that makes sense?)
*featured player and his alliance!! (sounds like this would be popular and it makes greop gain that personal and fun aspect)
*current events in the US
*credits to those who help me write (I already have a few in mind)
-How long between issues...? Not sure until I write the first one and gain an idea of the time aspect of it, I can't make a commitment I won't keep
-Writers? Still looking for them.
-Formatting will be tough until I figure out how I like it so I really have no idea
-I don't know what else haha feel free to continue suggesting questions for alliance leaders, what you would like to see, ect

DeletedUser

Your welcome Tyler. It can be pretty hard starting to generate interest on any main forum at the start of any new world.

If you want to contact players from a wider number of servers it is best to visit them directly and form an observation account. All servers are treated as a different game, so you need to establish a new account on each one. Gold and accolades do not travel with you, so appearances of players can be deceptive when they travel across multiple language servers to play. There are a number of players that speak English as their second language so do not be put off by visiting some non-English language servers. However if you do elect to travel you might find it helpful to contact the moderators here first to see if they can put you in contact with any moderators on the other end to assist you. Failing that, if you do not speak the language concerned just walk into the forum and explain that you are looking for a language guide to help you report back about their worlds to the US servers. I am sure you will find some assistance even if you fall prone to a few heckles from some critics first. Either way by exploring the servers you have the opportunity to learn much more about the game and the people in it.

Happy travelling if you decide to go.

Cyrus

DeletedUser2039

I think I'll stick to the U.S. server now but thanks!

DeletedUser

hot chicks? come most the players here are guys, so a hot chick would rock, heck even put in a hot guy so you have every one covered, I dont judge. eye candy is good.

DeletedUser2039

I may do a pic every issue, but I'm not sure what the mods think of it. If any mods do read this, please explain what the rules are about that and what my limits are:D I would like to interest the players, but I don't want to cross any lines. So please give me some haha8)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I would think nothing X rated, for female models, no nipples, no exposed crocth. For male models no exposed crocth. Something that would be safe for work. I have a safe for work website I can recommend if you like so you can fully understand what I am suggestion, it includes male models also.

DeletedUser2039

No thanks on the male models...its a male dominated game anyway>_<

DeletedUser2039

Just letting everyone know I have made a ton of progress on the paper and the first issue should be out tomorrow or Monday!!:)