Most Over/Under Rated Alliances and Players

DeletedUser4951

We seem to be bantering about who will sink and swim in the top 12. But we aren't really giving any reasons. Who is over rated? Why? Who should be in their place? Who is being over looked? Which players are overrated or underrated? Lets spice things up and have a new discussion (or war).

Overrated Alliance: Deus Vult, honestly there's a couple of alliances that could have a bid here. But they've all done something note worthy or are trying to do something. Then there's these guys, who I imagine are just sitting around waiting for death. 11th in points, 10th in ABP, 2nd in DBP. Getting pounded at bit by Mors but not really fighting back it seems. Don't think they deserve a spot on the front page. Credit to Bayaz though who is in the top 12 ABP.

Underrated Alliance: Galactic Beasts, slowly building up in O57, these guys have a few players that I know for a fact pose threats to big alliances.

Overrated Player: Tbh, its a broad generalization, but if you can't be a top 40 attacker yet you're in the top 12 points, I take you less seriously. Obviously, this isn't always correct, but its the way I differ to when I haven't met all the top 12 players yet. I can't get name specific because we have yet to directly encounter a top 12 in my neck of the woods.

Underrated Player: Game21cy, Mors Venit, not even top 30 points and still 9th in ABP.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Thanks for opening up this thread and your praise :)

That should be very interesting stuff, if a few players give their opinions here.

Edit: But why is DV overratet? We get a sink in every Top 12! I am really interestet in reading that story ;)

DeletedUser2568

I think TSF said it already... the ABP to DBP ratio show you guys are getting hit hard. Unless you start to hit back its only a matter of time before you sink.

DeletedUser

But why are we overratet?

No one here in DV claims, the Top 12 prophecies are wrong. We are mostly first or second timers here, with ~6 experienced players.

Period.

We could sink tomorrow. Or we could be still arround in January. Not even i will take a guess about our future.

I am one of the most defensive players here. I do not even have one OLU town. A few LS and Harpies. And honestly: Trying to fight back after Halloween and with the upoming Christmas Event?

There are way too many Harpies still flying arround for my liking.

And i do not like the behaviour of most of the ProGamers here towards smaller players.

Back to the topic here: When i feel the need to express, who i think is overratet, i will do it via a PnP.

DeletedUser2568

OMG bayaz you dont have a crystal ball to tell you what is going to happen in grepo 6 months from now.... well boy do I have a deal for you. For just 1 city and 1million of each resource to each of my cities I can give you one!!!

Here is mine

Overrated Alliance: I think mine is -Grim Tidings-. They have high ABPs but low DBPs. I think they are on the outskirts and have yet to be completely proven. I think they will get a chance to prove me wrong once they move into closer range with other big alliances.

Underrated Alliance: Flying Unicorns, I think these guys are tougher than most people think and they have been in prime real estate of the core for a while and still holding strong. I wouldnt underestimate these guys.

Overrated Player: I would agree with TSF on this one, as being a top POINT player and not BP player generally means you are a simmer to the core. So if you are in the top 15 and not in the (I am a little more of BP snob then TSF) top 30 then you are the most overrated player.

Underrated Player: I know he is in my alliance, but watch out Mordred604 is probably the most underated player. Don't know who he is? Just ask the greeks.

DeletedUser

And i do not like the behaviour of most of the ProGamers here towards smaller players.

some players will do that, but its more because they let either being good get to them after playing this game a while, or they are more of a self (or alliance mate) centered players, and anyone else isnt worth anything to them. now there are exceptions and other kinds of people who do it, but these 2 are the most common.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL COMMENTS BELOW ARE BASED ON GENERAL INFO, NO AS MUCH OPINION)

Overrated Alliance: Mors Venit and Multum In Parvo seem to be overrated now. yes they have good players and had an amazing streak, but they seem to have slowed some since then. there a little over rated at the moment, but hopefully they will pick back up and we can see some more action from them. ;)

Underrated Alliance: cant really say honestly.

Overrated Player: to many i guess. what happens a lot Players are compared with there current alliance so in theory, there would be to many to name. :p

Underrated Player: Toobe i guess. yes he can have a load mouth and can talk a lot (Sorry toobe), but he is a good player honestly, and has a short fuse so its best not to mess with him or else he will destroy you :p

DeletedUser4951

Looks like they went on a mini killing spree a few days before your team disbanded. So if they're overrated what does that make you exactly? Only team that looks like it had more success was Flying Unicorns. Not trying to point any fingers, just implying you should think your choices over a bit. :)

Toobee hasn't killed much yet but the world is still young.

DeletedUser

Looks like they went on a mini killing spree a few days before your team disbanded. So if they're overrated what does that make you exactly? Only team that looks like it had more success was Flying Unicorns. Not trying to point any fingers, just implying you should think your choices over a bit. :)

Toobee hasn't killed much yet but the world is still young.

yes toobe is still young right now, and i never said Mors wasnt good anymore, nor did i say there skills decreased, all i was stating is that they are taking less in ratio and comparison to what they where a little while ago. nothing bad. but the same could be said about anyone who gains a lot of citys fast. now on the topic of myself, i dont really care what i fall under, all i know is i am active and i am on a steady number gain for BP and citys and thats good enough for me

DeletedUser

Overrated alliance - FU, GT, AC, etc

Underrated alliance - rise of dragons and boon docks. seem to be doing well verse our CS attempts. think there's a collaboration going on here :)

Overrated player - bayez and smiley couger with big teeth :) he asked if we could help him take on TGS LOL...

Underrated player - LOTS in our alliance, although I think this davimor character from TGS is pretty hardcore. And myself of course :) just a few more cities...

DeletedUser4951

Lots of this looks to be trolling. But I agree with Toobe's Overrated alliance part (except FU). Tbh I don't see CBS as underrated, I see them all as the guys to beat if you don't work with them currently. :)

Overrated Aliance: Champions of Olympus -- ABP 16th should be higher DBP 27th, not challenged yet, so we will see. Overall 20th, some smaller alliances have more here..

Underrated Alliance: I will do 2 here Flying Unicorns they are a talented group surrounded by enemies and gaining steam and everyone is showing them no love, not me.
pandamonium is my second they have a good core group and have high BP totals across the board..

Overrated Player: CLINTAURUS Though BP is solid, when the back is against the wall folds up and joins CBS, instead of fighting on. Heard he went VM in hopes of accomplishing this (his alliance folding).

Underrated Player: I will do two one from my alliance and elsewhere..
saundegs from TGS, he has experience in other worlds but vastly goes under the radar, which is a mistake. Very skilled sniper and a great offensive player.
Gulius Maximus is my second from CBS, Good tactician on Operation planning, excellent sniper. He is not someone to underestimate.

DeletedUser

Greetings.

@Childress: I think i am aware of the reasons, why some players are acting the way they do. I wish i were like them, and had started as a ProGamer too.

@Toobe: Thank you very much. At last someone calls my bluff here and sees through the illusion i am trying to uphold here. I still have not figured out the concept of sniping for example. All i do when i get attacked here, is stack my city and then i go to a dark room and cry a bit, because i am sooooo afraid to loose a city here :mad:

DeletedUser10246

Greetings.

@Childress: I think i am aware of the reasons, why some players are acting the way they do. I wish i were like them, and had started as a ProGamer too.

@Toobe: Thank you very much. At last someone calls my bluff here and sees through the illusion i am trying to uphold here. I still have not figured out the concept of sniping for example. All i do when i get attacked here, is stack my city and then i go to a dark room and cry a bit, because i am sooooo afraid to loose a city here :mad:

bayaz we both know thats all crap, Ive seen the reports of your 400 ls city and all the harpies you have and your backsnipes. Ive commented many times how you are keeping that alliance alive. But give it up no one buys the noob crap.

DeletedUser

I hope Bayaz knows I was joking...But why not stack if you can? The BP is lovely!

DeletedUser

I have not been sure, wether it was a joke or not.

Of course i am not that bad, but i am far from being a top player. Someone told me a few weeks ago, to not take everything in the externals too seriously. So maybe i overplayed the replie a bit.

I

DeletedUser2568

I have not been sure, wether it was a joke or not.

Of course i am not that bad, but i am far from being a top player. Someone told me a few weeks ago, to not take everything in the externals too seriously. So maybe i overplayed the replie a bit.

I

Are you joking? I thought everything said on the externals was completely true without fail.... man my world just toppled
smiley_emoticons_irre4.gif

DeletedUser

Are you serious Trav?

Is that not forbidden in the externals? 8)

DeletedUser

Need to say there are a lot of great players in Pella but thanks for putting me in the list. See you all in the battlefield ;)

DeletedUser

Most overrated alliance - TGS and their 5 red headed step children
Most Underrated....."fighting Unicorns" - They're back!!! careful!